Managing the Avengers

By WriterManiac1

(Reader Inserts) Your adventures in managing the Avengers. Including a game of dodge ball, the avengers getti... More

Head Shot (Dodge Ball with the Avengers Oneshot)
It's Raining Cats and Dogs - Where's Bucky?
It's Raining Cats and Dogs- It's Not Fair
It's Raining Cats and Dogs - The Curse of Chatter Box
Lights Out (Halloween Special)
Pumpkin Carving and Anger Issues (Crappy Halloween Special)
Christmastizing the Avengers (Christmas Special)
New York Lights (Christmas Special)
The Gift of Giving
Hack Attack
Your Lucky Number is Food
Dehyrdated... Disaster?
It's Raining Cats and Dogs -Sne-kitty
Heaven in a Box and Angel Fans
Everyone is a Hero / Hero Bucky
Just Keep Swiming
Baby Babble - Thor Drops the Baby Bombshell
Baby Babble - Cribs, Babysitting, Ribbons and a Mischievous Steve
It's Raining Cats and Dogs - Because Science
The Bleeping Jar
Forget Me Not (Loki's Amnesia)

Fast Forward

1.2K 34 20
By WriterManiac1

Fast Forward

Written by: Breann Preston

Description: Readers can finally get to see a glimpse of the future, fast forwarding until each of the Avengers have finally settled down...including...You.

Summary: Everyone has moved out of Avengers Tower and started families and lives of their own. Natasha took time off first due to a pregnancy and later retired to take care of her kid. The rest of the Avengers followed suit since the team wasn't the same without her and they realized their own kids needed protection and training so it was time to put things to rest. At least for the Avengers, now, it's time to train the next generation of heroes. Despite everyone being retired and having families, everyone lives close by and keeps in touch, each person family. All the Avengers are like co-aunts and uncles to all the Avengers kids, you even have a husband and family of your own who one day might save the world like you did.

________________________________________

"I swear to God that I'm going to tie all of you up if -you -don't -stop wrecking -my stuff!" Tony screeched chasing after two little kids. A 3 year old redhead boy and a four year old brown haired little girl who were causing havoc in Avengers Tower.

"Come on Tony," Nat complained, lounging on the couch while she watched him, a smile tugging at her lips. "They're just kids."

"Yeah and one of them -" Tony struggled to catch the red head. " Is yours! This one in fact!" Tony accused her while Nat shrugged.

"And one of them is ours Tony," Pepper reminded.

"Not helping Pepper." He muttered, then yelled at the two kids once again. "Nicole! Dema! Cut it out! Just hold - Still - I - UGH!" Dema and Nicole laughed while the billionaire chased them, thinking he was playing a game with them.

"Just wait 'til my kids come." You laughed, smiling and watching the two kids run.

"Where are they anyway?" Bruce asked, looking over at you.

"Is the husband taking them?" Emily asked, with a light smirk, holding her husband's hand who just so happened to be Steve. Emily had light brown hair, green eyes and a personality like gold as well as sarcasm sharp as a pin. She was something different. The two had met out of nowhere, they just seemed to somehow stumble upon each other. Emily wasn't involved with S.H.I.E.L.D or knew of any superhuman abilities; she was completely and utterly normal, which was a good compliment for Steve. He needed someone to settle down with and live a mellow life.

Emily's personality however wasn't all that mellow but quirky, loud, fun and sarcastic. She hadn't been impressed that Steve was the famous "Captain America." Rather she fell in love with Steve, just plain Steve Rogers. After being married a few years, she had mellowed out, but she still had the fire in her that everyone enjoyed.

To Emily's question, you smiled, a small blush forming on your cheeks as you nodded. You still couldn't get over the fact of who your husband was and how lucky you were to have him. "He's letting me get a break for a little bit." You smiled. "They were taking their naps and he told me just to come here with Clint and Nat. He said that he would take care of them."

Having him as your companion was almost too good to be true, as well as the fact that you had twins with him. A beautiful baby boy and a beautiful baby girl. Both of them looked nearly identical to each other, besides the gender. They both were the same height, had their dad's beautiful eyes and your hair. The twins were absolutely inseparable and did everything together.

"That's so sweet!" Jane gushed.

"I wish Dema took a nap." Clint groaned. "Instead he runs around like a maniac."

Darcy laughed, rubbing her pregnant stomach. "It's kind of ironic that his name means 'calm' in Russian, yet he's anything but that."

"That's why-" Nat started, wrestling with Dema to get his diaper changed. "His nickname - God damnit Demetri! Hold still! - is demon." She finally finished, pinning the three year old down while he tried to fight her off. Dema had Nat's red hair and Clint's brown eyes. He was a mischief maker that seemed to be ruining everything in sight, driving his parents crazy.

"I hope ours isn't like him." Bucky joked, rubbing Dary's stomach and smiling while Nat rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Oh just be grateful Dema's not enhanced or has super abilities, otherwise you'd be getting a hell of alot worse." Nat told him.

Bucky smiled slightly, kissing his wife's cheek then put his arm around her, pulling her closer while she smiled. Your smile matched theirs seeing them so happy together. Nat may have been the first one to try to set up the pair up but you had been the one to make it happen. Their personalities were so different but they complemented each other and kept each other in check. Bucky calmed Darcy's personality while she gave light back into his once dull eyes.

"DAD! MOM!"

Everyone jumped at the sudden yell from someone, looking towards the doors where they burst open. A 15 year old blonde boy and his 13 year old brunette sister came chasing after him, barging through the door. "Give it back James! Give me back my phone!" The girl demanded, reaching up to get her phone from her brothers hands, which he was making her jump for because of her lack of height.

"Jump for it, Peggy." James taunted in a teasing voice, then raced around the couch, Peggy chasing after him.

"Dad!" The girl screamed again, continuing to try to grab at what was in her brother's hands while punching James, though with no luck of getting her possession back. All the while, James was laughing and continuing to tease her.

Steve sighed and got up, walking towards them. With hardly any effort, he picked James up with one arm and Peggy in the other, setting them down on either side of him, separating them. "Dad!" James groaned while Steve gave him a warning look making him keep quiet.

"Give Peggy her phone back." Steve ordered.

James rolled his eyes then made a big deal about giving his sister back her phone to which she snatched it from his hands, sticking her tongue out, but her mom saw.

"Peggy," Emily warned, folding her arms across her chest.

After getting caught, Peggy tensed then gave a sheepish look in her mom's direction before walking towards the couch and sitting down next to you, texting on her phone immediately.

"She was texting a boy, Dad." James smirked at his sister, still wanting to get her to get in trouble, which worked. Steve's eyes widened in surprise immediately turning to his daughter for an explanation

"Well- well - James likes Torunn! And he even kissed her!" Peggy shot back, pointing at Torunn who was sitting between her dad- Thor- and her mom - Jane.

Torunn was a beautiful girl with golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes, she got her mother's brains and her father's strength but not quite his humility he had learned. Her cheeks went dark red while Thor's eyes widened in surprise, looking at his daughter but rather than speaking she buried her head behind her mom's arm.

James looked horrified from the sudden change of events and from what his sister revealed.

"You promised Peggy!"

Peggy gave him a sassy look while he clenched his fists then turned to his father to explain. Though, luckily for him, Steve didn't press him further on the subject and instead talked to his daughter.

"We aren't talking about James," Steve stopped her, "We're talking about you. Now tell me the truth, were you texting a boy?" He demanded, his eyes flaring in protectiveness.

Peggy's cheeks tinted red. "It's just Michael." She protested.

"Who the hell is Michael!?" Steve demanded.

"Just a... Friend..." Peggy stuttered, intimidated from her dad's sudden protectiveness. "Honest!"

Steve opened his mouth to start giving her a lecture that she couldn't even talk to boys, let alone text them, until she was 16, but Bucky interrupted.

"Here comes daddy Steve." Bucky taunted.

Again Steve was about to argue until Emily stopped him by getting up from her spot and putting a hand on his shoulders. "Steve, she's thirteen, she's allowed to have guy friends. Big daddy "Captain America" doesn't need to come out.."

The soldier clenched his jaw then gave Emily a sideways humored look at the last part. Finally, he nodded. "As long as he's only a friend."

"He is." Peggy nodded up and down quickly, eager to stop this conversation.

Emily rubbed Steve's shoulders until he relaxed. She took his hand and they sat back down on the couch, Emily rubbing his hand, whispering to him, probably not to be so protective.

You leaned over to Peggy who went back to texting. "So is he your boyfriend?" You teased in a whisper.

Peggy blushed deeply, then glanced over at her parents before looking back into your [eye color] eyes. "He's not my boyfriend, Aunt [Name]." She said shyly.

"But you like him," you pressed.

Her eyes widened in surprise, answering your question. "How did you-?"

"I was thirteen too, Pegs." You smiled, laughing softly. "And I acted the exact same way about guys before I was married."

"Oh." Peggy said, her voice sounding as if she had never thought of that before. Suddenly she turned to you, her face panicked. "You won't tell them, will you?!"

You laughed and shook your head, then put your finger to your lips in a shushing matter. "Your secret is safe with me." You whispered making her smile in relief.

"Daddy!" Nicole giggled, running into her Tony's legs and hugging them tightly. She looked up at him with a sweet questioning look. "Are Arno and Axle coming?"

"Honey, your brothers might not come." Tony explained, picking up his four year old daughter and resting her on his hip.

"Why nottt." Nicole whined. "I want Arny."

"Arno is at College remember, Nikky?"

Nicole pouted. "I don't want him to be at college!"

Tony laughed, looking at Pepper with a face that clearly said "our daughter is the cutest thing ever".

"What about Axle?" Bruce asked, "He hasn't been around for a while."

Unlike the rest of the Avengers, Bruce never got married because he was afraid that he would accidentally kill his wife if he couldn't control his temper, and "the other guy" would make a mess of things. Tony insisted on Bruce staying with Pepper and him in the tower so Bruce got to be with the kids a lot, growing really close to all the kids, loving each other them as if they were his own.

"He's been working." Pepper explained, knowing that Bruce had been gone for a business trip when Axle got the job.

Bruce's eyebrows shot up. "He got a job? Like seriously?"

Tony scoffed. "The little bastard wasn't exactly thrilled about it, don't worry. I finally kicked his ass into gear."

Pepper coughed loudly, trying to get Tony's attention. When he looked over at her, she covered her ears then pointed to Nicole who was grinning at Tony. Tony's eyes widened as he realized that Pepper was telling him to be careful with his language. "Shit" he swore under his breath, earning a slap from Bruce who was agreeing with Pepper.

A glint in Nicole's eyes made everyone nervous.

"Shit" she swore making Pepper gasp in horror. "Shit, shit, shit!" She cussed again, grinning like a madman. The four year old opened her mouth to swear again but Tony slapped his hand over her mouth before another cuss word could come out. Tony laughed nervously then grinned sheepishly at Pepper, who returned the look by glaring at him and giving him an "I told you so" look.

"Come here Nikky." Pepper sighed, taking the little girl out of Tony's arms. "Let's talk about how naughty Daddy is and that we should never talk like him." She glared at Tony before walking into the other room.

"So [Name]," Jane spoke, after watching Pepper exit the room. "Where are your kids and your husband? I thought you said they would be here."

Your eyebrows creased as you looked at the clock on the wall. "He said he would be here s-" Your phone suddenly dinged in your pocket. "That must be him." You laughed. After digging your phone out you saw a text.

From Hubby <3: Sorry darling, we're running a little late. Jade and Hunter just woke up from their nap and I couldn't find Hunter's shoes. We're getting into the car now. Love you xx

The text made you smile, you cheeks tinted red. Even though the two of you had been married for a long time, his sweet gestures still made you blush like a schoolgirl. They made the world to you. Smiling, you unlocked your phone and started to type.

To Hubby <3: Thank you for taking care of the kids for me! Can't wait to see you! xx

Once you finished, you clicked send then locked your phone. "They should be here any minute. Our kids woke up from their nap late and Hunter lost his shoes."

"We can relate to that." Clint laughed.

"Although, it's not our kid who loses their shoes, but rather it's Clint." Nat said, making Clint shrug innocently before smiling then pecking her lips.

"Ew!" Dema screamed, covering his eyes and running around in circles while the Avengers laughed.

"I'm surprised that Max hasn't woken up from his nap yet." Emily said, creasing her eyebrows in worry as she looked at the clock then looked over at her husband.

You looked over at the two, a sad look on your face. Steve and Emily's first two kids had grown up perfectly normal and perfectly healthy but when Emily had Max, there were almost too many problems to count. Max was born with all the health problems that Steve originally had before he was injected with the super serum. Poor Max could hardly walk, even with his braces and his crutches. He was only 6 years old and didn't deserve any of it. The worst part was that Max wanted to become just like his Dad which was one of the most painful things because everyone knew that it could never happen with all of his health problems.

Each of the Avengers had their vitals hooked up each time that they went to sleep because of the horrible things that they had seen while fighting. Tony had the worst anxiety but to say that the others didn't have it was a lie. Max was the only other person besides the Avengers that needed his vitals checked on by JARVIS because you never knew when Max's health started to drop.

"He'll be fine, Em." Steve assured his wife, rubbing her hand soothingly, though a look of worry was masked on his face.

Unfortunately, Steve spoke too soon as suddenly alarms started to go off.

"Sir, Max is having a coughing attack and needs medical assistance." JARVIS informed.

Bruce and Steve flung into action, racing down the hall to where Max was sleeping. Poor Emily was trying not to cry, she hated all that Max had to go through. She hated being helpless to help him.

Everyone waited tensely for Steve and Bruce to help Max become stable. After waiting, Bruce appeared from the hallway. "He's fine." He assured everyone. "He's fine, he just needed his medicine."

You could hear the relief flow through the room. A tear left Emily's eye and you leaned over to squeeze her hand for reassurance. Finally, Steve walked into the hallway, holding Max in his arms.

Max was so small and fragile compared to Steve. His bones were weak and he didn't have enough strength to walk on his own without someone there to help him if necessary. The braces were still on Max's legs and he had tears in his eyes. Steve looked as though he might cry as well as he lowered Max to let him sit on his mother's lap. Immediately, Max wrapped his arms around his mom hugging her tightly, trying to find comfort in her. Steve ruffled Max's blonde hair making Max's blue eyes open to look up at his Dad. Steve looked worriedly down at his son but smiled when Max smiled brightly up at him. "I'm okay, Dadda." Max reassured his dad, the tears still in his eyes.

Despite all the problems that Max had, the six year still managed to smile. You admired him more than you admitted most adults. You wished that you could be so happy in times of trial.

Tony pursed his lips, looking at the three family members with a heartbroken look. "You know what?" He muttered, standing up. "I can't wait any longer." He stomped towards the elevator then disappeared behind the closed doors making everyone look at each other confused.

When Tony reappeared, he held a box then walked up to Steve and Kate gently. "I finished this a while ago. I was going to wait to give them to you but-" his face grew determined. "Max needs them; now."

Emily looked curiously at Tony while Steve took the box. When Steve opened it, tears came to his eyes as he held up two new braces for Max's legs.

"I felt like they should have spinning rims." Tony smiled then explained what the braces were for. "These should help him to walk better. He won't need his crutches anymore. It will take awhile to get used to it, but he should be able to walk alone with these. They'll give him support and I've managed to hook up something to check his vitals." He fished something out of his pocket then gave something to Steve and then to Emily. "This should inform you how he's doing outside of your house."

Both Emily and Steve had tears falling from their eyes. "Thank you Tony," Steve's face red, his voice filled with emotion, putting his hand on Emily's shoulder who was crying and rocking Max back and forth.

"Yeah well, I couldn't let my nephew have anything but the best." Tony scratched his neck embarrassed. "Well, should we try them on?"

Still overjoyed, Emily set Max on her lap so that his legs were lying on the couch. Steve took off the old braces then assembled the other ones on, all while telling Max what they were used for because he kept asking questions. Once they were on, Em lifted Max between her legs just so that his feet hovered above the ground. "Are you ready?" She asked him. Max nodded quickly, his face bursting in a smile. She set him on the ground, holding onto his sides so that he wouldn't fall. Steve took Max's hands.

"Try to walk to me Maxie." Steve encouraged / coaxed.

Max looked at his mom then back at his dad before a look of pure determination came on his face. He took a step and nearly fell over, from the lack of strength in his legs, but didn't cry, though his face looked pained, and instead continued to press on. Step by step, he wobbled and nearly toppled over but finally, he reached his Dad. "I did it!" Max cried happily, hugging his Dad as tightly as he could.

Both Emily and Steve were still crying. "Yes, Maxie, you did." Steve answered, hugging his son back with the proudest and happiest expression on his face. Emily walked over and hugged Max as well until they were in a three way hug.

Your heart nearly melted at the cute sight in front of you.

"If he practices," Tony said, "Then he should be able to walk without any help at all."

"Thank you Tony." Emily sniffled looking up at him. "Thank you so much."

Rather than answering, Tony just gave a heartfelt smile.

"Mummy!" Two voices said in unison. You smiled as you recognized the voices and turned towards the elevator which had your 5 year old twins, a boy and a girl standing in the elevator. They both took off towards you at the same time and jumped onto your lap, your arms wrapping around them.

"Hi guys." You smiled, pulling away from them. You looked around. "Where's Daddy?"

Your daughter, Jade, answered. "Daddy had to get the bag with our toys and snacks in it."

Hunter nodded, agreeing with his sister. "I brought my book to read to you and Daddy, Mummy!"

"Did you?" You smiled. "I can't wait for you to read it to us!"

"I want to read a book too!" Jade protested, wanting to be like her brother.

"Alright," You laughed. "You can read a book too." You stood up, each toddler on one hip then walked to the counter, setting them both down on the bar stools. "Do you guys want-" You jumped as you felt two arms snake around your waist and pull you into a hard chest, cold lips kissing your neck.

"Daddy!" Both Hunter and Jade squealed.

"Mmmm, hello darling." You heard Loki hum next to your ear. "I've missed you." He purred, turning you around then promptly kissed you on the lips. Once you pulled away, you smiled at him, pecking him on the lips once more, your cheeks red from knowing that the Avengers were all watching you and smiling.

"Not as much as I've missed you." Your smile faded into a playful frown, your hand on your hip. "And I've told you to stop scaring me."

A teasing smile tugged on Loki's lips and he twirled you around then disappeared only to reappear behind you, scaring you once more, making you yelp. "Oh, but darling, it's so fun." He laughed in your ear.

Nat spoke softly though you overheard. "You two are adorable."

You turned around in Loki's arms then kissed him on the lips again, Hunter and Jade blushing and covering their eyes from the counter. It was only supposed to be a quick kiss, but as you were about to pull away, Loki had other ideas as, rather than letting you go, Loki's hand shot out to catch your head and keep you there until he felt like the kiss was worthy for you to let go. "Loki," you whined softly, once he let you pull away. Your cheeks were flaming red, embarrassed from his make out session with you. You peaked around him to see everyone smiling, quickly turning to look away, faking oblivious expressions on their faces, trying to act like they weren't watching you two."There are people here." You whined.

"Let them watch me kiss my beautiful wife," Loki growled playful then went to kiss you again but you ducked, giggling. He rolled his eyes at you, a smile tugging on his lips then turned to the twins and started to play with them, picking Jade up and putting her on his shoulders then having Hunter cling to his leg while he tried to walk.

Staring was nearly impossible not to do. You and Loki had been married for just over seven years and they were the happiest years of your existence. Of course you had your fights but they never lasted long. Loki treated you like a Queen while you did your best to treat him like a King. The years that the two of you spent together were amazing, and they only became even better when you had the twins. Surprisingly, it was Loki who wanted kids first. He told you that he wanted to be a dad and that he could hardly wait any longer. The two of you decided that it was time to start a family. Now, you could hardly believe how lucky you were to have two healthy kids and a wonderful husband.

Loki looked back at you, laughing with the kids. His eyes met yours and your heart nearly melted at the amount of love that Loki held in his eyes. He smiled then took Jade down from his shoulders and set her down. "Why don't you two go and play?"

Both kids grinned then ran off to the playroom that Tony had built for them- at least if that's what you call it.

The playroom was more of a kid heaven with every toy that you could imagine and an actual playground inside the house since you couldn't get an actual backyard in Manhattan.

Once the kids had ran off, Loki turned to you and closed the distance quickly, softly grabbing your hand then leading you to the adults.

"Dema!" Nat yelled, getting the red heads attention who was currently trying to pull the insides out of a pillow. "Stop it!" She scolded, walking over and grabbing him and the pillow up, then throwing the pillow aside which ended up smacking Clint in the face, you weren't sure if she meant to do that or if it was an accident. "What are we going to do with you?" Natasha asked the little boy who was smiling wickedly up at her, the mischief gleaming in his eyes.

"I can take him if you want." Peggy offered. "James and I were just going to go to take Max to the playroom. We can watch him too."

The relief that flowed from Tasha's face made you smile as you and Loki sat down, Loki's back to the arm rest and you sitting between his legs, your back resting on his chest while your hands were intertwined.

"Would you?" Tasha asked Peggy, the longing in her voice making Peggy giggle.

"Anything for you, Aunt Natasha and Uncle Clint." Peggy smiled then picked Dema out of the spy's arms.

"You're a lifesaver, Peggy!" Clint yelled after Peggy, his voice sounding exhausted from putting up with Dema. A small laugh came from Peggy before she left from sight and Clint slumped on the couch with Natasha, both of them ready to pass out from pure relief because their kid was finally out of their hair.

James picked up Max carefully and started to walk to the playroom as well.

"Father, can I go with them?" Torunn asked, unconsciously tapping her leg with her finger, impatient that James was leaving so quickly. You smiled as you remembered the look that she was giving James. She most definitely had a crush on Steve's son.

Thor narrowed his eyes at his daughter, remembering what Peggy had said about James liking her too. "Do you like James?"

Clearly surprised by the question, Torunn blushed deep red but didn't bother to lie. "Yes." She answered. "I do."

Jane placed her hand on Thor's knee, silently telling him to be gentle with the topic and not to spazz out like Steve did, but she didn't have to worry. Thor grinned and nodded. "You may go. I'm pleased that you have chosen James for the other boys at your school are rather-" Torunn didn't wait for him to finish, already hearing the confirmation that she could leave, and bolted after her crush.

"Hey James!" She yelled, using her small amount of powers to levitate off the ground and speed towards James. "Wait up!"

Since Torunn was a demigod, she got a small amount of powers from her father, including the small use of lightning and being able to fly.

"Mummy!" You heard Jade yell, racing around from the hallway towards you. You gasped when you saw her, standing up and racing towards her, putting your hands on her shoulder. All over Jade's head was multicolored glitter. "Hunter tricked me!" Jade sniffled, tears in her eyes. "He told me that there was a pony in the closet! But then he dumped glitter on me!"

You scowled, not happy at what Hunter did.

Hunter, knowing that Jade went to tell on him, came racing around the corner to defend himself. "I was just doing what Daddy said!"

You frowned then looked over at Loki who was trying hard not to laugh on the couch. "Loki!" You accused.

"I'm sorry darling but I couldn't resist!" He chuckled. "I wanted to see how well Hunter's powers were coming in."

You sighed. Hunter and Jade were also demigods so they, like their father, were excellent at making trouble, though not nearly as bad as Dema was. "That shouldn't be an excuse Loki, and if you want to teach them about magic, at least make it so that it doesn't make anyone cry or make them mad."

"Alright, I'm sorry." Loki apologized, finally finished laughing. "Come here, sweetheart." He called to Jade who frowned but listened, stomping towards him. "Remember the clean up spell I taught you?" Jade nodded slowly while Loki continued. "Try it."

Jade closed her eyes tightly and started to mumble words before a dark purple light surrounded her. When the light vanished, she looked as good as new.

"Very good!" Loki praised, "Now for that I believe that you get a reward." He smiled and put his hand behind his back then pulled a stuffed animal and handed it to Jade. Immediately, Jade grinned and squeezed the animal, hugging it then hugged Loki as a thank you before running off with Hunter once again, their "fight" behind them.

"Well, at least two of your kids are normal, and not half dead or an animal." Darcy joked. Clint coughed on his water out of surprise.

"Excuse me?" He asked. "Would you expand on that please? Loki has a kid that is half dead?"

"Yeah, you know, Loki had an eight-legged horse for a son and a chick that was half dead and half alive?"

Loki looked at Darcy astonished, not realizing that Darcy knew about his children. "You know about them?"

She rose her eyebrows, "I've read Norse mythology, Loki. Especially when you came to New Mexico for the first time. I read that book that Eric brought me and Jane, to show that Thor was just like a myth. I know every last one of your kids and all about them."

The God of Mischief shifted. "Even-"

"All of them." Darcy confirmed smirking. "Even knowing that you were the eight legged horses' mom." Loki swallowed uncomfortably then started to explain but she held her hands up. "Honestly," She said, "I don't want to know."

Loki's mouth closed and he nodded. You knew about the mythology tied to Loki and what was true and what wasn't, so you walked over to him and held his hand, telling him that everything would be fine. Some of the things were out of Loki's control, and were a sore subject for him so you were assuring him that you were here for him.

Pepper finally came back from talking with Nicole. "I dropped Nikky off to play with the other kids," She explained, sitting down by Tony. "I hope I didn't miss anything."

"Not yet," Bucky answered. "Darcy and I were just about to announce the gender of our baby."

"I'm so happy for you guys!" You squealed. "You're going to love having kids! They're a challenge at first, but oh you'll love them."

"We sure hope so." Darcy answered. "I'll need some tips."

"And we'll all be here for you." Pepper assured her. "We're all mothers, that's the good thing about not being the first one to have kids like Tony and I were."

"Tell us already Darc!" Jane pleaded.

Darcy squeezed Bucky's hand and took a big breath in. "It's a girl!" She beamed, looking over at Bucky who was smiling at her.

Everyone started to talk at once, congratulating the two of them.

"Are you disappointed that it's not a boy Bucky?" Bruce asked, knowing that usually the Dad's were the ones that wanted boys as their firstborn.

Bucky shook his head. "No. I'm actually really excited that it's a girl."

You looked over at Loki and smiled remembering the way that you both wanted the gender of you baby to be. You wanted a boy, while Loki wanted a girl. Fortunately for the two of you, you got both.

"Have you two looked at names yet?" Steve asked.

"Yes, and surprisingly, we've already chosen one." Bucky answered.

"That fast?" Clint cut in, surprise. "It took Nat and I nearly the whole pregnancy! We literally chose a name two days before Tasha went into the hospital!"

"We've been talking about it before we even knew that I was pregnant." Darcy explained, showing how excited she was. "We looked through lots of names then found a boy name that we liked, and then a girls."

Tony whistled. "You guys were prepared."

"Darcy and I really wanted a baby." Bucky agreed.

You smiled at the two of them. They had been trying for a baby for such a long time and now they were finally going to get one.

"So what's the name?" You pressed. "Tell us already!"

Bucky and Darcy looked at each other and smiled before turning to look at everyone. "Isabelle." They answered in unison.

"That is such an adorable name!" You gushed, the rest of the girls all agreeing and continued to congratulate Darcy.

Suddenly a ding from the elevator made everyone turn to look over at it. Axle walked in with a phone to his ear. "No, listen, just.... I know that but.... You know what? Screw you Damon!" He hung up the phone and looked up at everyone. "Hey." He nodded at everyone casually, then walked to the kitchen that was connected to the living room.

"How was work?" Pepper called at him.

"Why do you care?" Axle snapped back.

"Axle!" Pepper scolded, turning around to face him, "Watch your tongue!"

"I'm not the one that wanted the damn job! It's absolute shit!"

"Stop swearing, Axe." Tony told his kid.

You looked over at Tony, wondering if he realized how bad his own swearing problem was.

"Are you kidding me?" Axle demanded, staring at Tony with a hard expression and an attitude. "You're telling me not to cuss? Have you even heard yourself!?"

Pepper stood up, walking towards Axle, her hand outstretched in a warning.

"Yes I'm telling you not to cuss," Tony yelled.

"Oh my God you're ridiculous!" Axle groaned before going to the stairs and slamming the door behind him.

"Don't you dare walk away!" Tony barked, standing up and following him until he vanished behind the stair door as well.

Steve glanced down at his watch, "We had better get going." He told everyone. "We still have to go to Peggy's soccer game."

Emily nodded, "Thanks for having us over."

"No problem," Pepper smiled. "We love having everyone together."

Loki leaned close to you, resting his hand on your thigh. "Darling, we need to go as well."

You sighed realizing that he was right. "We need to go too." You told everyone. "Hunter and Jade have their magic lessons today."

"How are they doing with that?" Clint asked.

"Really well." You beamed, proud of your two kids. "Loki says they've already exceeded the lessons for their age."

"Mummy!" Hunter yelled while Jade yelled, "Daddy!" Hunter ran to your lap while Jade ran to Loki's. Both you and Loki laughed when the twins hugged each of you tightly.

"Are you two ready to go home?" Loki asked.

"No!" Both Hunter and Jade whined.

"Come on you two, you need to get ready for your lessons." You reminded them. Both of the twins looked at each other and grinned, yelling happily at the same time.

You and Loki laughed, then Loki kissed your cheek. "Why don't the two of you say goodbye to everyone?" Loki asked.

Each kid jumped up and started going around hugging everyone. "Bye Uncle Clint, bye Aunt Natasha, bye Aunt Darcy! Bye Uncle Bucky! Bye Uncle Steve and Aunt Emily! Bye Uncle Thor! Bye Aunt Jane! Bye Uncle Bruce! Bye Aunt Pepper! Tell Uncle Tony bye for us!" They yelled as they ran back to the two of you. By the time both of them got back to the you guys, they were out of breath from saying goodbye to their real Aunt and Uncle and their co-Aunts and Uncles.

You and Loki both said your goodbye's as well before walking your family to the car. Hunter was to your right, holding your hand, while Loki had his hand intertwined with your left hand, Jade holding his other hand. Each of you took a kid then buckled them up before driving home and taking your kids out of the car and walking up the steps in your garage to open the front door.

Walking inside, you took a deep breath in, enjoying the comfort of your own home.

Jade and Hunter zipped past you, laughing while they ran to their toys in the front room and immediately sat down and played. You smiled at the two of them then jumped when two arms snaked around your waist. "Loki..." You scolded softly while he laughed then turned you around in his arms, placing a gentle kiss on your lips.

"I love you." Loki smiled down at you, his emerald green eyes filled with an adoring warm glow. You smiled placing your hand tenderly on his cheek.

"And I love you." You leaned up and pressed your lips to his before hugging him. You pulled away smiling at him, your hands flat on his chest. "And I need to get dinner going."

"Yes alright, darling. I'll go and finish the children's lessons."

"Don't be too hard on them." You whispered, kissing his cheek.

"I won't." He promised with a smile then walked off, calling the twins.

Once dinner was almost ready, the twins came back in, Loki trailing behind them.

"Daddy broke the lamp!" Jade suddenly announced, pouting her small finger at her Dad who's eyes widened in surprise.

"You told me that we wouldn't tell Mum, Jade!" Loki told her, his eyes wide and a sheepish look on his face, telling you that Jade was right.

"Did he now?" You hummed, a hand on you hip, as you stepped away from the stove.

"I'll fix it, darling." He reassured you, trying not to smile because he loved your "serious face".

Your own lips, twitched in a smile. "I've learned not to trust the God of Lies." You said, turning back to stirring.

Loki turned on his daughter. "Oh, oh, oh, you're going to get it now!" He teased to Jade while she screamed happily, then ran while Loki tried to chase her, laughing.

"Daddy cracked the window too!" Hunter announced, wanting to get chased too and it worked as Loki stopped and smirked at him.

"Now you're in for it!" Your husband teased, racing towards Hunter who was laughing along side his sister, running from their Dad.

You laughed at the sight of them, then turned back to your cooking.

"Alright, alright!" Loki groaned, the two kids piled on top of him, once they changed the game and started to attack Loki. "I give up. You win!"

"Yay!" Jade yelled before sitting on Loki's stomach making him moan in pain as her brother sat on him as well.

"Alright guys," Loki finally said, lifting each kid off of him, "Let's help get dinner ready."

Both twins whined, but helped get the silverware and set them on the table, then grabbing the napkins while Loki helped get the things off the high selves.

"Mummy?" Hunter suddenly asked, stopping where he was to gaze at you, a question stuck in his throat.

"Hmm?" You hummed in response, continuing to stir, but glancing at the five year old boy standing a yard in front of you, a bunch of napkins in his hand and his eyes twinkling with curiosity.

"Will I ever get married?"

Loki and you were stunned, the room becoming dead silent while Loki and you stared at your son with wide eyes. "What?" Loki asked first, both of you dumbfounded upon your son's question.

Hunter repeated the question. "Will I ever get married?"

You blinked, curious to know why he thought that he wouldn't get married, especially at such a young age.

"Of course you'll get married." Loki exclaimed.

"But Daddy," Hunter ran up to him, his hands placed on Loki's chest, something he did when he was serious about something. "What if she doesn't love me like Mummy loves you?" His green eyes shimmered with frustration, thinking that he wouldn't ever find a spouse. "How did you find Mummy? I want to find someone like her."

Loki smiled, setting down the cups he was holding the walking up behind you, his arms hugging your waist, bringing you close to him then kissing your temple tenderly. "I just got lucky with her." He answered.

You smiled placing your hands on Loki's, which were placed on your stomach. "You'll find someone," you told your son. "Just like your Dad and I found each other."

~~~

Your eyes suddenly flew open, something waking you up from your dream. You slowly sat up, examining the dark room around you. The clock on your dresser blinked at you: 3:40 am.

"It was a dream?" You breathed aloud, touching your face to feel that your cheeks were hot from the blush. Everything had felt so real and you couldn't believe that it was all just a dream.

Events from the dream started to sink in and you couldn't help but feel frustrated that you had woken up. Suddenly, as you started to let the dream sink in completely, your cheeks flamed, thinking about how you and Loki had been married, and you had had twins together!

Your heart rate finally slowing, you settled back into your bed, your head resting on the pillow, your body turned to the sides. Although you tried, you couldn't close your eyes and fall asleep, one thought swarming in your mind and wouldn't seem to leave: That dream was the best dream that you had ever had. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.1K 63
All of your favorite avengers! fem reader x male avenger. ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE MADE BY ME! DO NOT COPY OR STEAL MY STORIES WITHOUT GIVING ME CRED...
3.7K 138 6
This is a short story. An explosion on the lab occurred due to a bad experiment. Guess who was in the lab? Tony and his daughter. Tony was transforme...
172K 3.3K 8
It's a hot midsummer day and you have nothing to do when you receive an Emergency Alert from Tony Stark himself to meet at the tower. Turns out every...
529 45 14
A collection of my one-shots (mostly Loki) that I write when I should be sleeping. Most of them are mature because the more tired I am, the more sick...