A Clutch And a Half

By HikoriChip

ON HOLD - editing Diabolik Lovers FF Elliot Komori, The offspring of a vampire and human as well as the adopt... More

Elliot Komori (OC)
Chp 1- The Brief Moment of Gay.
Chp 2- All the Weird People Have Gathered
Chp 3- Avoiding Life's Problems
Chp 4- One Foot Apart 'Cause They're Definitely Gay
Chp 5- Ownership
Chp 7 - The System Always Fails Someone
Chp 8- Stepping Stones
A/N on discontinuation

Chp 6 - Coffee is Gross, (Don't) Change My Mind

2.5K 129 3
By HikoriChip

Shuu smiled softly and placed a hand on Elliot's head, running his fingers through his hair. He began to wonder what the smaller male would like with his natural hair colour.

The two soon drifted off to sleep, leaving the water to cool around them.

~

The intense and sudden sound of the school bell pulled Elliot from his nap. He jumped slightly, just enough to hit his knees on the underside of the desk he sat at. His classmates giggled and he chuckled with a slight blush as he apologised to the people around him. Elliot packed up his bag slowly, his classmates crowding around and asking if he wanted to go do something.

"I don't think there are any stores appropriate for minors open at this hour-" Elliot lazily yawns, hiding his mouth behind his hand. "Plus, I'm really very tired. Maybe another time?" Students nod with agreement and grumble as they leave, revealing a nervous-looking Yui where they once stood.

Yui moved quickly, taking her younger brother's wrist in her hand and dragging him along with her. She marched down the school halls, pulling Elliot every which way. One turn after the other, the numbers of students around slowly dropped. At first, Elliot thought his sister was dragging him to an unused part of the school and at first glance, it would have appeared to be that way. Elliot glanced upwards, his eyes catching on the class signs.

"Are we.. going in circles?" Elliot questioned. Yui stopped in front of a classroom, her eyes briefly locking onto the desk that Elliot had sat at only minutes ago. Yui turned to look at Elliot with a firm grip around his wrist. 

"We need to find a phone". Yui dragged Elliot around again, only this time they were actually going down different halls.

Yui spotted a large dial phone by one of the exits as she turned a corner. Her face brightened and she jogged to the phone, letting go of Elliot's wrist as she placed her school bag on the table next to the phone.

"Found one!". She quickly punched in a number and held up the receiver to her ear, hoping for the sound of ringing to come through.

"Yui-" Yui looked up at her younger brother, dropping the receiver and cutting Elliot off as she noticed one of the Sakamaki brothers standing behind her own brother.

"K-Kanato, you're still here" Yui's voice trembled with shock and more than anything, disappointment. She had been caught trying to escape again.

Kanato stepped out from Elliot and moved to the front of the exit.

"Yui don't you understand why I'm here? I'm thirsty...". Kanato slowly moved closer to Yui, stopping briefly to look down at Teddy. "So is Teddy. What do you think of Yui being so callous?" Yui shuffled uncomfortably as she apologised.

"I'll go buy you something to drink". Yui bent down a little, enough that she was eye to eye with Teddy. "I'm sorry Teddy". Kanato's face reddened with anger and he frowned.

"Would you please not address my Teddy as though you know him? I am the only advisor he needs!" he glared at Yui before calming down and talking to Teddy. "Isn't that right Teddy?". Yui stumbled backwards into Elliot, who then put two steady hands on her shoulders.

"O-oh, I didn't know. Anyway, I'll be right back" Yui forced the words out. Elliot still had a firm grip on Yui's shoulders as she tried to turn around causing her to instead stumble as only half her body moved as she wanted.  Elliot looked down at his pink-haired sister, squeezing her shoulders lightly.

"I'll go". Elliot let go of Yui, he turned and walked away slowly. A gentle pitter-patter echoing behind him. Elliot walked around, unsure of where to find a place to get a drink of any kind. He turned a corner, a hot drink machine standing in his path. Elliot nodded to himself, looking through the choices from the machine and choosing the cheapest. He pressed a couple of buttons and put a few coins into the machine before placing a paper cup under where the drink is meant to come out. The machine spewed piping hot water in the cup, filling it two-thirds of the way, before spitting out bitter and equally hot coffee into the cup. 

Elliot looked around quickly, hoping to find a lid for the cup. The lid slot was empty, dusty even, clearly unused for who knows how long. Elliot picked up the cup, heat instantly hitting his cold hand. Elliot shuffled down the halls, watching the coffee in his hand to make sure it didn't spill or burn him. The trip was slow, Elliot's neck uncomfortable from looking down the entire time. Who knows what could have happened to Yui in the time he was gone. 

Yui watched as Elliot walked away from herself and Kanato, her stomach sunk as he turned the corner. She had wanted to go, escape from Kanato's cold glares and mood swings. Yui jumped as a cold arm wrapped itself around her waist. Kanato pushed her to the wall, ignoring the way the female shook in his arms.

"I'm thirsty" Kanato licked his lips. Yui squeezed her eyes shut.

"U-um Elliot will be back soon". Kanato's eyes filled with anger again.

"I don't want whatever he brings me! I want blood!" Kanato violently pulled down Yui's shirt collar, He readied himself and Yui braced for the pain she was bound to experience.

Elliot turned the last corner, looking up from the coffee in his hands. In front of him he found his sister pushed up against the wall, her eyes glazed over from the sudden loss of blood she was experiencing. Elliot moved swiftly, ripping Kanato from Yui with slight anger. Yui's knee's hit the ground as Kanato stumbled around before hitting the opposite wall from the siblings. Elliot looked down at his sister for a second, examining the damage, before turning to look at Kanato. Kanato looked at the half-breed with anger, fuming inside as Elliot returned his gaze.

"How dare you ruin my drink!" Kanato's voice dripped with anger and venom. He shuffled, ready to rip out the younger Komori's throat.

Elliot thrust the coffee out in front of him, letting a firm 'Coffee' slip from his mouth.

Kanato started to shake with anger, Teddy squeezed against his chest. He swung his arm out, backhanding the coffee out of Elliot's grip. Time seemed to stop, hot coffee flew in the air threatening a burn should it touch one's skin. Elliot watched as the coffee cup hit the ground, followed by the splatter of the liquid it once held.

"I hate bitter things! I prefer things that are sweet! can't you see that!?" Kanato's voice snapped Elliot out of his brief trance.

"You didn't specify. It was the cheapest" Elliot blinked slowly, an almost bored expression on his face. He wasn't bored though, He was shaking inside. This is one dangerous vampire and this could end poorly for both of the Komori's. Kanato growled, his voice dropping slightly.

"The cheapest!? you're worthless you have no right!". The hall was silent, except for the rough breathing being forced through Kanato's clenched jaw. "Why aren't you apologising!?" Kanato lunged at Elliot, swiping at his throat as though he was a cat. He laughed as he stopped, turning around and looking with manic eyes for the mess of blood he just created.

"I didn't realise I was supposed to apologise" Kanato's eyes flickered to Elliot's unscathed neck, he had a dodged vampire.

"How?" Kanato's anger was replaced with confusion, how did this mere human dodge him? and remain so calm and collected? Kanato fumbled for words for a second before standing straight and fixing his uniform.

"I am no longer interested in this conversation". Kanato slowly began walking to the exit, stopping in front of the door and looked back at Elliot who was now trying to hoist Yui onto his back.

"Tell me.." Kanato spoke softly, pleading he wouldn't be heard but to no avail, Elliot pulled Yui onto his back and looked up at the purple-haired vampire. "Do you hate me?" Kanato's face held a solemn look as he glanced at Yui. "Well, do you? Do you not want to learn more about me?" Kanato grimaced, he disproved of the small ache in his chest. Surely he wasn't feeling guilty?

"I don't hate you" the ache disappeared, a slight tingle replacing it. "I don't know about learning more but I'd like to understand you better" Yui grumbled as Elliot spoke, she was clearly exhausted. Kanato nodded softly, a very soft smile on his face. He opened the door, about to step out before Elliot called out to him.

"Kanato, have you seen Yui's bag?" Kanato nodded, disappearing from Elliot's sight in an instant. "Kanato?.." Elliot stood there confused, did the purple head not just say yes? clearly Elliot was not going to get the answer to the question so he started to make his way to the door with Yui on his back. Before he could take a second step the purple-haired vampire reappeared, holding not one but two bags.

"I hid Yui's on the roof... and you left yours in the classroom" Kanato wedged the bags between Yui and Elliot, hoping the bags would stay there for the time being. Elliot nodded as a thank you and in a flash, Kanato was gone again.

~

1583 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 466 13
Natsumi Komori is the quiet, younger sister of Yui Komori. When their father dies, Natsumi learns that she is a half demon child, and has special abi...
163K 3.4K 15
(Y/N) Komori with her sister, Yui came to the mansion of Sakamaki's by their father's orders, once they arrived at the mansion, they faced with 6 bro...
24.7K 567 11
Y/N Komori is someone who suffers from a condition that makes her motionless whenever a vampire bites her, thanks to her father. Her sister, Yui Kom...
157K 4.1K 46
Ranked #4 for Diabolik Lovers Fanfiction - May 2018 What if Yui wasn't the sacrificial bride? What if Richter failed giving Yui to Seiji Komori, and...