Chasing the Bad Boy

Par keepingitreal15

Lizzie Carter is your 16 year old stereotypical spoiled little rich girl from New York who has a tendency to... Plus

Preface
Meet Lizzie Carter
Begging Daddy
Surprise
Dinner
Stormy Night
Alone with Him
New School
Friends and Enemy
Revenge
In The Woods
Love Notes
Danger
In The Mansion
Caught
It's On!
The Party
Demands
Dating THE Bad Boy
Flirting
The Visit
Halloween
Meet The Grandparents
Flashback
The Call
The Photo Shoot
A Girl Named Sophia
True Love (side story)
Christmas with Sarah
Valentine's Day
Oh Granny
X is for Xavier
Set-up
Unexpected
A Life Without Him
Chase Me
The Last Part

The Talk

6.3K 126 14
Par keepingitreal15

“So this is where Liam actually works?” I asked Mark as I rolled down the window of the car to get a good view of the fast-food chain where Liam works.

After the talk I had with Mia, I had this sudden urge to make Liam feel how much I love him. If he thought that his words would make me stop chasing him then he’s dead wrong. It only made me want to chase him harder. So I formulated a plan to get closer to Liam. Seeing him in school wasn’t enough, I needed to see him like 24/7. He’s like oxygen to me. Of course, I needed Mark for my plans. I needed to know what Liam does or where does he go so I could follow him. I called Mark while he’s in the other side of the world and told him it was an emergency. So Mark, being like the protective big brother to me, got the earliest flight and arrived within a couple of hours. He was more than mad when he found out that the emergency I was talking about is actually stalking Liam. But with my charm, he got over it pretty quickly. So according to his investigation, Liam worked in a certain fast food chain called Sweet Rush. We immediately went to the place where he works every night. Louise parked the limousine in front of the place.

“So what exactly is your plan, Ms. Lizzie?” Mark asked.

“For the millionth time, Mark, it’s Lizzie for you and I don’t have a plan…yet.” I smiled.

“Okay…Ms. Li—I mean, Lizzie, don’t you think you’re going overboard?”

I glared at him and he raised his hands in surrender.

“I’m just saying that I’m a guy and most of the guys find it a turn off when girls chase them. We’re designed to chase girls, not the other way around.”

“This is not the 18th century, Mark.”

“But still, guys love the chase.”

“But Liam’s not like the other guys. He’s…different. He doesn’t show interest in anyone so I’m going to make a move.”

“There’s no way I could talk you out of this, huh?”

“Nope. Besides, stop worrying about my colorful love story, worry about yours. You got no girlfriend.”

He blushed. “Let’s not talk about it.”

“Aww, is my big brother Mark blushing? How cute. So…?” I trailed off.

“So what?” he asked.

“Is it a girl or a boy?” I asked curiously.

“Lizzie, I’m straight!” he turned even redder.

“If you say so.” I smirked but I knew he’s straight, I was just teasing him.

Just then, my phone rung and I quickly answered it.

“Lizzie, you answered, finally!” Ella’s loud voice screamed on the other line.

“Yes, yes, I did. So what’s up?” I asked casually.

“You’re asking me what’s up when YOU didn’t show up at any of our classes today. What happened?”

“Long story, I’ll tell you when I have time.”

“Are you okay?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I’m just worried. I haven’t talked to you in ages because I’ve been busy with Eric, I feel like a bad friend.”

“Ella, we just talked this morning. And I get it, you need to spend time with your boyfriend, no hard feelings.”

“You sure?”

“Of course. Wait, Ella, before you hang up and do God knows what with Eric, in what way could I get closer to Liam?”

“Why not apply where he works?”

I smiled. “Brilliant. Thanks, bye.”

I hung up.

Mark stared at me. “You have an evil glint in your eyes.” He stated.

“Is that even a shock for you?” I laughed wickedly.

“What’s the plan?”

“Get the manager of that fast food chain to hire me as a waitress or what. Pay him the right amount.” I ordered.

“Sometimes, I wonder how I could put up with your antics.” He muttered.

“Because you love me.”

He rolled his eyes.

“Just get the job done.” I ordered.

3 days later…

“So is the job done?” I asked Mark as he walked into my room.

“Yup. The manager was beyond amazed at the amount I paid him.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Anyway, I want to start working next week. No need for salary or the manager can give mine to Liam.”

“I think you would end up wounding his ego.”

“Why?”

“It’s just like a girl and a guy going on a date…you would end up wounding his ego if you paid for the food.”

“Fine, the manager can do whatever he wants with the money.”

He nodded.

“So I’m going to school now. Lock the door when you leave.”

I went out of my room. Yes, I trusted my servants that much that I don’t feel the need to lock my room to avoid theft.

The drive to school was a short one. I almost came late though. It was the second bell when I walked into my first class, gym. My eyes met Liam’s. But I averted my gaze and join the others in playing volleyball. Minutes before the bell rung, the gym instructor called our attention and told us to take a seat on the benches.

I sat on the bench beside Liam. The teacher started talking.

“So this Saturday, our class would have an educational trip.”

One student raised his hand. “Where?”

“Wait for it…the beach!”

Excited outbursts were heard in the whole gym. I remained silent. What’s so exciting about the beach anyway? We always go to popular beaches around the world every summer anyway.

“You guys might be wondering why we chose the beach for this educational trip. Well, I had a talk with the other gym instructors and we all thought that if we went to the beach, we could do a lot of physical activities. More than that, students would surely enjoy the trip. But first, I’m going to give you forms. You need to ask your parents or guardian to sign the form that says they allow you to go to this trip.” The gym instructor explained as he handed us forms.

Liam was obviously pretending that I don’t exist so I was avoiding him too. But I could feel the tension between us. I told myself not to glance at him and just when I was getting tempted to look, a loud sound startled me.

Just in time, the bell rung. “So that’s it. Class dismissed.”

We went off our separate ways but not before I glanced at Liam who caught my eyes.

Wait, he wouldn’t catch my eyes if he wasn’t staring at me too, right? Oh…so what do we have here, Mr. Bad Boy was definitely staring at me before I even stared at him. I smiled at the thought.

I went home as my stomach grumbled the whole ride. When I got to the mansion, I went straight to the kitchen to grab a food, and then I stopped dead on my tracks.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Mia was seating on the counter, Mark was standing between her legs and they were kissing like teenagers. They were making out. I screamed and covered my eyes with my hands.

I heard them jump apart. I thought I just got blinded.

“Are you two decent?” I asked. Mark muttered a ‘yes’.

I uncovered my eyes and saw a blushing Mia standing beside a clearly embarrassed Mark.

“Oh gosh, this is awkward!” I exclaimed.

“Well…?” I asked.

“What?” Mark raised an eyebrow.

“When did this start and why don’t I know this?”

Mia coughed and nudged Mark. Mark sighed.

“We’ve loved each other for years, Lizzie. But I just asked her out during the meeting your Dad held for his employees.”

I smirked. “Cool. My brother and sister are going out, incest.”

Mia blushed even harder.

“Oh please, we’re not blood-related. I’m so not going to date Mia if she’s my sister.” Mark rolled his eyes at me.

“Whatever, just don’t make out or make babies when I’m home. I don’t want my innocent eyes to see you get physical then get mental images.” I shuddered.

“Sorry, we didn’t expect you to walk into the kitchen.” Mia apologized.

“What are you doing here, by the way?” Mark asked.

“I’m freaking hungry.”

“Okay, I’ll ask the chef to prepare you a snack. I’ll bring it to your room.” Mia said.

I nodded. “Oh, before I forget, we have an educational trip to the beach. But I need a guardian to sign this form.” I brought out the form from my bag and handed it to Mia.

She signed it and returned it to me.

“Thanks Mia. I’ll go change clothes now.”

I waved my hand at them.

“Okay, I’ll prepare the things you need in the trip later.”

“Sure, no hurry. I know you want to do Mark.” I smirked then walked off.

So the day of the trip finally came. I was alone since Ella was spending time with Eric and Sean’s younger and not in our class so he couldn’t tag along.

The gym instructor told us we could do anything before we start the physical activities.

I lay on my stomach to get my back tanned. Then I heard girls gushing. I looked up and my jaw dropped. Liam was walking towards me, shirtless and his swimming trunks are hanging low on his waist.

I gulped as he sat beside me. The girls around him groaned disappointedly.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I want to talk about what happened.” He said, looking straight ahead.

“Like how you rejected me?”

“Look, I’m sorry about the things I said. I didn’t mean them.”

I sighed and sat up.

“Why did you say those things then?” I asked.

“Well, you caught me off guard.”

“I’m sorry.”

He sighed. “Look rich girl, I’m not used to telling people how I feel. So I’m sorry if I suck at explaining this. But I’ll try my best.”

I nodded, indicating him to go on.

“I assume that my sister told you about my family. What my Dad did…it got to me. I don’t like letting people in my life. And what you did…” he trailed off.

“Scared you?” I finished for him.

“As wimpy as it sounds, yes. I’m not the type to get into commitments, rich girl. You’re too good for me. You deserve someone better, a royalty, perhaps.” His voice broke.

“I don’t care. If I’m too good then I’d be bad for you. I’m not asking you to love me back, Liam. I’m just asking for a chance.” I put my hand over his.

He stared at our hands and intertwined it.

He sighed. “I’m not promising anything but…let’s just see where this goes, okay?”

I nodded and gave him a smile, a real one.

He might not be ready for a relationship but he gave me a chance and I was determined to do everything to make him see that I’m worth it.

 Author’s Note

So I’m done. Is this chapter good enough? If it is, vote, comment and fan. :D

Please also fan my close friend, @Lac_13

Thanks!

By the way, did anyone notice Mia's line on the previous chapter "I haven't seen you this way since..." Well, on the following chapters, we would meet a new character and it has something to do with Lizzie's past which MAY taint her relationship with Liam (if you can even call what they have a RELATIONSHIP).

What’s Next: A fun day in the beach with Liam ;))

Next update: Monday (?)

P.S.

Guys, please pray for me. I really want to pass in the top 3 universities I applied to. Wish me luck. My first entrance exam is on August 26. :D

Love lots,

Mad

Copyright © 2012 keepingitreal15

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

12K 889 5
When Grace Cho's parents unexpectedly move the family from vibrant Seattle to sleepy Gallatin, Montana, the seventeen-year-old isn't surprised the lo...
65.1K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
76.7K 3K 66
Ariel Lee has been stuck for years in a dead-end job as an assistant chef. Struggling to meet ends meet in a life of poverty while raising her young...
518K 15.8K 28
What happens when Eliza Grace attends a party ? Nothing. Well what if i said she fell? And kissed the one and only Cole Hunter, the Captain of the fo...