Skaikru ☣ Bellamy Blake [2]

By unknownnavajo

"I never wanted to be this kind of warrior. A soulless one." Nia's journey continues, except now she is amon... More

Act Three
Coming Clean
Comfortable
The Commander
The Ceasefire
Not Too Late
Arkadia
Azgeda
Ambush?
Wanheda
Mount Weather
A Trap
Summit
Winds of Change
Memorial
Can't Tell Him
Decisions, Decisions
Shouldn't Have Come
Prisoners
I Am Trikru
A Signal
Getting Out
Proving Alligences
Expansion
A New General
Unbeknown
A What?
Too Little Too Late
Message Received
Trust Is An Easy Thing To Lose
May We Meet Again
Lifting The Blockade
Sticking Together
Truths Revealed
Takeover
Hostages
Fight
Luna
Hopeful Or Hopeless
Leverage
Accepting
Rejecting
Our Mission
Improvise
A Short-Lived Victory
Act Four
Odds End
An Ally?
Blast From The Past
Trying
Making A Decision
Trikru Strength
Broken Alliances
Vulnerable Side
Just A Moment
Salvation
A Close Call
A Conclave
Why Am I Not Shocked?
Ai Gonplei Ste Odon
Good-Byes
Another Way To Live
The End...
Book 3

Cutting Ties

5.7K 178 31
By unknownnavajo

Their time was getting shorter as the radiation was coming closer than they could have ever anticipated. It was only a matter of time before the fears became a reality. Luckily for them all, Skaikru had found a solution one that would save them all of the pain and suffering. But unluckily for them, they didn't think beyond the wanting to survive. The need to keep living caused them to get started on their solution without consulting any of the other parties involved. The secrecy of this plan would unravel the ties holding them all together.

Nia had played her role effortlessly as she kept the peace among them. No one outside of their circle knew of her workings against the truce set in place. She needed them to believe she was fighting for them but in truth she was fighting against all it stood for. She was fighting for the future of her people and if it meant her putting up a façade then so be it.

This allowed Kane and Octavia in their embassy as they had no other place to go. Nia had no problem with Octavia but Kane seemed to play peacemaker more than once and she couldn't allow him to know about the Flame. Now that he was being called before Roan, it gave her the perfect opportunity to check up on Gaia.

Kane had wanted nothing more than to repair the damaged relationship between Nia and Skaikru, as she was the biggest ally they had. Now he realized how much she had helped their lives but now she might be a big obstacle to face. But for now that talk would have to wait as he walked toward the Azgeda embassy, an odd request.

"Is there a reason we're meeting in the embassy?" Kane questioned as all important business was handled through the throne room. "I would have thought-"

"Tell me the plan." Roan got right to the point.

"The plan?" Kane asked confused as to what Roan was trying to point out to him.

"It's been 3 weeks since Clarke told me Praimfaya would once again destroy our world. Skaikru asked for time to find a solution. What do you have to show for it?" Since the news about the Flame had begun to spread, Roan could tell that the atmosphere shift as clans would begin to rise up against him soon. He couldn't allow that.

"We're still working on it. Hopefully, with more time-" Kane answered simply The plan in placed was simply a theory and had no solid lead on how long that might take. Plus the knowledge of what they were doing could implement them all the same. If it was anyone he'd be willing to share the plan with it would be Nia and Indra before Roan would ever gain knowledge.

"Enough. Echo." Roan called out making Kane turn to the door.

The sight that was brought in was a shock to him. He did not expect to see two of his own captive. "Stephens. Bellamy. Are you all right? What is this?"

"Echo saw your people rebuilding your ship." Roan explained their motives. "She captured these two hunting in my woods. This one says it's a shelter from the radiation."

At the information he heard Kane knew that he had to do something now before the situation got more out of hand. This would look back to all the clans and not simply Azgeda.

"It's a backup plan, nothing more." He tried to reassure hoping it wouldn't go further.

"He said that, too, just before he told us that you have a nightblood. It's a good thing the Flame's been destroyed, or I'd be worried you're planning an ascension." Roan retorted back. He needed to ensure he still had power among the capital and that not one of the clans could take it back.

"You have to trust me. We discovered that nightblood helps metabolize radiation. We're investigating ways to create it for everyone, turn everyone into nightbloods so we can all survive." Kane began to inform. With their secret out there was nothing more for him to do besides that. All he could do was hope that Roan took his word and their action to keep it a secret wouldn't be used against them.

"Blasphemy. Nothing they tell us is true." Echo spoke up against his word. She had very little trust among her and the position of power Azgeda now held was one she wasn't willing to give up so easily.

"This is. It's not blasphemy. It's- it's science. If nightblood can save lives, we should use it." Kane tried to persuade but how could he if they didn't understand the complexity of it.

It was only a moment as Roan was left to think. He didn't understand the science of it. Nightblood was a rare and powerful thing among the clans, so how could one clan be able to replicate that. He signaled for Echo causing her to pull her blade and slit the throat of the guard who had spilled their secrets. This would be the end of their alliance among them.

"Truth is the first causality of war. If your motives were pure, you would've shared your plan with me. Our alliance is broken. Skaikru and Trikru are the enemy."Roan called out making both Skaikru to stare up at him.

"What about them sire?" One guards asked wondering whether to kill them there on the spot.

"Hostages. Find Indra, Octavia and Nia. Kill everyone else." Roan spoke in their language as he thought no one would understand but them but the two had managed to learn a few words. His thinking made him believe that Trikru had also known about this plan and chose to keep him in the dark.

Kane tried to protest against it but Roan would not allow it. They had had their chance at an alliance but because of the recent events they had encountered led them to believe that it would not pan out in their favor. His nation was one that needed power and now that they had Polis they would not give it up.

Nia was inside the temple with Gaia when everything around them shifted. The sound of the hurried footsteps put them on edge. Nia pulled her sword and grabbed a dagger on her handing it to Gaia. The girl looked at it unsure, she had not been in a situation like this for quite some time.

"Gaia, we need to protect the Flame. Are you with me?" Nia spoke to her making her take a breath and grab the knife from her. They would do this together.

They were prepared by the doors awaiting for them to open and not a moment too soon they busted open. Only it was not what they expected as Trikru personnel began to flood in. Nia's eyes scanned them all over. Her eyes settled on both Jade and Fox with Fox having a hold on Lyn as they hurried in.

"What happened?!" Nia asked as she hurried to help one of the injured that came in. As she looked over his wounds she noticed how the wound seemed to be a blade. Her suspicions were only confirmed as Tate began to explain.

"Azgeda attacked the embassy. They are killed every Trikru they come across. But because you had us carry small weapons we were able to fight back in close combat. Only few dead with some injured. They broke the alliance. They are looking for you, Indra and Octavia." He informed quickly. His words made Nia and Gaia look at one another. Both scanned the crowd hoping to see Indra but were not able to locate her.

Nia was ready to go out and look for her when the doors suddenly opened and Indra entered. Both let out a breath of relief as they saw her.

"Octavia made it out." Indra informed Nia knowing that she would be well informed by now of the situation. "Azgeda is going after Skaikru now."

The words didn't phase Nia as she went to check over the girls. She looked them over ignoring their protests about them being okay. Unless she checked herself she wouldn't be satisfied because she had been known to lie about her state of well-being until the moment was too late.

"Nia, Azgeda is going after Skaikru." Indra tried to point out again hoping she might do something about the information she was given.

"Skaikru is no longer our concern!" Nia expressed loudly gain the attention of those around them. "Azgeda attacked our embassy, killed our people. If they want to go after Skaikru then they can. Not another Trikru warrior is dying for Skaikru. Our task right now is to kill every Azgeda warrior left in Polis and to make sure that they have no control over the capital any longer."

Her words were clear and set. Not only was Azgeda responsible for putting her girls in danger but Skaikru was as well. She would not allow for them to ever come into harm but both clans had stabbed her in the back more times than any could count. It was time for the warriors of Trikru to show others that they were still fighters and powerful ones at that. Trikru would no longer put their lives on the line for those who wouldn't do the same for them.

It wasn't long till those who could fight and were willing to fight were ready. Nia was rather surprised to see Indra standing beside her as they were ready to leave. Despite her wanting to help out the friend she had found in Kane, Nia was right, they needed to put their people first.

Jade had wanted to stand beside her as she was willing to fight as well but Nia had managed to talk her into staying to help the wounded. Gaia would be the one to look after the two smaller girls while they were out against Azgeda. Fox would fight with her, Nia had sheltered her for far too long and now it was time for her to become a warrior.

They went throughout Polis as they went to locate every Azgeda they could find. It wasn't till they reached the embassy that they had noticed something off. Not only were there few guards but it was seemingly empty. Their army they had there was gone. After every Azgeda person inside Polis was dead, they began to make their way to their embassy.

Thirteen dead. Thirteen of their own. The total of Azgeda warriors they killed was merely six.

While others were preparing the funeral pyre for their dead, Nia went back to the temple to check over everyone there. For now, Polis was in their hands and they needed to ensure that they stayed that way.

Gaia was assisting a warrior when Nia entered with Fox. She  made her way over and gave Nia and account of what had happened since they had left. "Jade is a quick worker and a good one. Lyn tried helping as much as she could and Jade was instructing her well. Is Polis secure?"

"For now. Where is Jade and Lyn?" Nia asked as she glanced around not seeing anyone of them in sight.

"They're-" Gaia went to point out where she had last seen them but in that corner of the room was empty. "They were just there, Nia, I swear."

At that statement Nia's eyes went frantic as she moved around quickly. Where were they? They had to be there.

"If you're looking for the two girls, they left though there." A person spoke out once Nia was near. Her hand pointing to the tunnel that was there.

They had left Polis but why? It took only a minute until the answer popped into her head. Bellmay Blake. Those two girls had a connection to the Skaikru guard who had a big role in their lives. The only reason why they would leave against her orders was to warn him. To keep him safe.

"What do we do?" Fox asked as she was just as concerned about the girls as Nia.

"You do nothing. You stay here and make sure Trikru's hold on Polis does not falter. I'm going after them. They couldn't have gotten far." Nia commanded as she left no room for argument. If she wanted to catch them she needed to go now.

She went outside the capital to where her horse was placed and there she noticed that Alec's horse was also missing. They had taken a horse in order to beat an army. She climbed on and took the horse at a quick pace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430 2 17
"You are a distraction, but in the best way. I don't want to go home because Azgeda is not my true home. It's never been. That place holds some of my...
328K 9.9K 109
❝are you afraid of me?❞ ❝of you? no. of what you can do? definitely.❞ ❝you should be afraid of all of me, sky boy.❞ A Trikru commander, Iona Valana...
1.7K 59 17
Sky has survived the Skaikru and Mount Weather. Now, she faces danger on multiple fronts. First, she must keep grounders safe from a new threat. Then...
100K 2.1K 26
After a few years of writing this on and off, I have officially closed it. I leave the ending to all of your creative brains. A fan fiction about Th...