Chase

Por _Maryam_A_

✔️Started On: June 14, 2020 Completed On: September 5, 2020 By: Maryam A✔️ #11 in gangleader (9/13/20) #29 i... Mais

Author's Note.
"You're In Danger"
"Penny For Your Thoughts"
"Supervision"
"You're Not Alone"
"She Has A Child"
"Just Sneak Out"
"Too Much Blood"
"Gone"
"Jealous"
"Let The Pranks Begin"
"Vacation"
"Spin The Bottle"
"You're Mine"
"Over My Dead Body"
"You're Right"
"His Best Friend"
"Leaving"
"Feeling down"
"Where Is He"
"Saving Him"
"They're In Love"
"She's Not A Toy"
"He's Awake"
"Find Her"
"Brain Freeze"
"The RedHead"
"Marking What's Mine"
"All Because Of A Smoothie"
"Maybe There's A Chance For Us"
"Stay Away From Me"
"Hiking Gone Wrong"
"My Fault"
"Purple And Black"
"Only If You Get Me A Baby Pig"
"Taken"
"Why?"
"A Mole"
"The Cafe"
"I Wish Nate Was Still Here
"It's Christmas"
"The Birthday Wish"
"It's Our Place"
"Tent Comes Down"
"Fake Proposal"
"Back To Where It All Started"
"Kingston Enterprise"
"All Done"
"Chase"

"Meeting Him"

3K 95 5
Por _Maryam_A_

Sorry it took so long for me to finally introduce Chase to you all.

"Hurry up." Nate called after me as I followed him to his office, a hand on my head.

God, I have the worst headache ever.

"You'll stay in this room with George. Never let him leave your sight." Nate said, opening the door next to his office.

George is already in the room. There are many toys for him and a couch. There's a desk for me and some papers on it. The room is dull. I don't like it.

"Hi, Vivian." George said as I entered the room, shutting the door behind me.

"Hey." I mumbled and sat on the desk. "How about you tell me a story?"

"Okay! I love stories." George smiled widely and began talking. My eyes shut and I fell asleep.

I jumped when my head hit the desk, making me groan. I looked around the room and didn't see George.

How long has it been? It felt like a few seconds.

"Fuck." I muttered and quickly walked out of the room. I opened Nate's office without knocking and he looked up at me.

"You shouldn't leave George alone." Nate said, looking down and finishing up some papers. He looked back up at me. "Vivian."

"Nate." I whispered and he stood up, knowing what happened. I quickly left the room and went down the stairs, feeling too impatient to wait for the elevator.

Running out of the building, I saw George.

He's in the middle of the streets.

"George!" I shouted and quickly ran towards him as a car sped towards the boy. My arms wrapped around George and I held him tightly as we rolled out of the way of the car.

Once I gained control of myself, I stood up, quickly taking George in my arms.

"What did I say about running off?" Nate scolded as he took George from me.

Feeling dizzy, I tried holding onto Nate, but he already began walking away. I took a step forward and tripped, falling face first.

Everything went dark.

Nate

"You had one simple task. What happened?" I asked Vivian. She didn't reply. "Viv-"

She's not behind me. I saw a small crowd across the street.

"Fuck." I mumbled and put George down. One of my guards came to take him. "If he leaves any of your sights again, I'll kill you all."

I quickly went towards Vivian, moving people out of my way. I turned her on her back and stared down at her beautiful face. She looks so exhausted.

I held her in my arms, walking towards my building. She makes me feel as if I have to protect her from everyone and everything.

I see her as a younger sister. One that I always have to protect.

Once I entered my office, I placed her on the couch and stared down at her. Her brown hair is tangled, yet it still seems to look beautiful. Her skin is pale and her breathing is slow.

Walking over to my desk, I made a call to Aiden.

"What's up, boss man." He answered after the second ring.

"Get food and a drink for Vivian. And bring her some stuff to get cleaned up." I said and hung up, placing the phone down. I leaned back on my chair and stared at her, not wanting to take my eyes off of her.

She risked her life to save my boy.

Twice.

Why?

Vivian

"Ouch." I mumbled and placed a hand to my head. I felt presence near and looked to see Nate.

"Come on. You need to eat." He said and helped me up from the couch.

"No, I can't." I groaned and sat back down, holding my head in my hands.

"I'll get you some Tylenol." He muttered and made a phone call.

"You said you'd get it." I looked up at him, squinting my eyes from the pain in my head. "So, go get it. Don't call someone to."

"Shut up." Nate rolled his eyes and placed a bag on the couch, next to me. "Eat."

"I'm not very hungry." I admitted, making him turn back to me. "Fine. I'll only eat if you eat with me."

"I already-"

"No, you didn't. Aliyah and Sam have told me that you almost never eat. So, come here and eat with me." I said, not knowing why I even care.

Nate slowly took a seat beside me and I opened the box to find fries and a hamburger.

"You can have the burger." I said, eating a piece of fry. "And before you deny it, I don't like burgers."

Sighing, Nate grabbed the burger and stared at it for a while. He placed it back down and I turned to him.

"Where's George? Is he okay?" I asked and Nate met my eyes, holding my stare.

"Why do you continue to risk your life to save him?" Nate asked and I haven't really thought of that.

"I don't know." I admitted. "I mean, he's a little kid and has so much to live for. His life shouldn't end so soon. And for me, I've lived long enough." I sighed and leaned back, not eating anymore.

"What stopped you from doing it?" Nate whispered the words and I turned, meeting his eyes.

"I don't want to hurt Carlos. But he doesn't seem to care much about me anymore." I said and slightly shrugged, feeling pain in my chest.

"Nate." I looked up as Aiden walked into the room, a look of worry on his face.

"Please tell me George didn't escape again." I groaned, but Aiden stayed quiet. "He did?"

"The jet." Aiden said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "They got to it."

"What do you mean?" Nate asked and stood up as they talked quieter.

And realization hit me.

"Oh my God." I couldn't stop myself from saying. "How about Cara and Carlos? Are they okay? And the child? And everyone on there? And-"

"Calm down." Aiden said and placed a hand on my shoulder. "They weren't on the plane when it happened. A few of our men are dead though."

"Oh, God. I'm going to throw up." I said, placing a hand over my mouth and leaving the room, feeling uneasy.

"Hi, Vivian." I looked down at George as he smiled up at me.

Turning around, I bumped into someone's chest. Looking up, a pair of cold, gray eyes met mine.

And fuck. He's hot.

His straight black hair looks messy and amazing. My hands itch to run through them. His jaw is sharp and my fingers want to run along them. His body...don't get me started. He looks a bit like Nate.

"Watch where you're going." The man said, glaring at me before walking away.

My eyes followed him and soon he disappeared into Nate's office.

"That's Uncle Chase." George said, making me look down at him.

Chase is handsome and all, but he seems like a complete asshole. The opposite of Nate.

I walked back into Nate's office, taking George's hand and making him come in with me.

"Have you met Chase?" Aiden asked. "He's Nate's brother. Chase was out on a mission in Italy."

"Okay." I mumbled and brought George in front of me. "I'm going to head back to your house for a rest. Would you like me to take George with me?"

"Yes. If you can, put him to sleep." Nate said, taking George into his arms. He kissed his cheek, making George smile. "Can I talk to you?"

"Uh..sure." I mumbled and watched as Nate placed George down. Chase and Aiden are talking about what happened with the plane.

Nate and I walked out of the office and he stopped. My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at him.

"If anything were to happen, I'd like you to be the one to care for George." Nate said and it pained me.

"Why do you think something will happen?" I asked. A frown took place on my lips and I kept eye contact with Nate.

"Just in case." Nate shrugged. "My life is very dangerous and anything could happen at any given moment. And you seem to care about George a lot. I trust you with him."

"What did I walk into?" I sighed, wondering how my life came to this. "Can I have a hug?"

"No thanks." Nate said and I wrapped my arms around him. Sighing, he slowly hugged me back.

"How old are you?" I asked, pulling away and Nate looked a bit down at me.

"Forty-three." Nate said and my eyes widened as I stared at his face and then his body and then his face again.

"You're joking." I whispered. "But...you look so young!"

Nate gave me a small smile and then walked off.

But I'm worried about him.

~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote! Thank you for reading❤️

Until then✌🏼

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

44.8K 1.9K 46
{completed} Book 1 Aurora has been controlled by her entitled mother from the moment she was born. When she's finally given the chance to escape int...
4.2M 77.9K 26
I had my face buried in his neck, he smells so good. He was gripping my waist not letting me fall. Then I realized I was straddling his lap. "Oh I'm...
104K 3.6K 72
Rebecca Downhill (Becca) has known nothing in her life but a strict father who is involved in businesses with the Italian mafia in NY, an absent moth...
61.8K 1.2K 50
She leaned forward and scooted closer to him. "It's okay to admit you're wrong." Ezra took a deep breath trying to control himself. He snuck a look a...