Partners By Chance

By AurumHeart

Highest Ranking: #3 fiction "What were you going to say to her?" He looks down at me. "That we're not in lov... More

Chapter 1: Checking you out? In your dreams, perhaps.
Chapter 2: You are destined for him.
Chapter 3: That's like an insult to my reputation.
Chapter 4: You will catch flies, Amelia.
Chapter 5: He has a girlfriend!
Chapter 6: Let's play twenty questions.
Chapter 7: Oh! Don't you look gorgeous.
Chapter 8: Hashtag bae, hashtag party.
Chapter 9: He is so sweet!
Chapter 10: I'm fucking done with you, Liam!
Chapter 11: You're in denial, princess.
Chapter 12: I dare you to kiss Liam
Chapter 13: Busy making out with the bitch.
Chapter 14: It will be like a bro-like question.
Chapter 15: I missed you.
Chapter 16: You're so annoying!
Chapter 17: You look like a tomato.
Chapter 18: That feels good.
Chapter 19: Sweetheart.
Chapter 20: I love you, guys.
Chapter 21: It's a love story.
Chapter 22: Have fun while it lasts.
Chapter 23: Dude, that's my seat.
Chapter 24: La la land.
Chapter 25: Mr Black.
Chapter 26: It's a French restaurant.
Chapter 27: Love, X.
Chapter 28: Have you seen my girlfriend?
Chapter 29: You look hot as well.
Chapter 30: I know who it is.
Chapter 31: I'm so sorry.
Chapter 32: Hi, Ben.
Chapter 33: I'm looking for Camilla George.
Chapter 34: Brat.
Chapter 35: Let's google him!
Chapter 36: I don't like her.
Chapter 37: Never Have I Ever.
Chapter 38: You look like a princess.
Chapter 40: Do you like babies?
Chapter 41: I love you.
Chapter 42: What's going on?
Chapter 43: That was rude.
Chapter 44: Get a room, guys.
CAST
Chapter 45: Oh. My. God.
Chapter 46: Catfish!
Chapter 47: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 48: What do you want from us?
NEW STORY ALERT!!!
Chapter 49: We know who X is.
Chapter 50: Choose me.
Chapter 51: Smileeee.
Chapter 52: Don't make me feel bad.
Chapter 53: Karl Lagerfeld.
Chapter 54: That's the fucking plan.
Chapter 55: Salted caramel.
Chapter 56: He's gone.
Chapter 57: I wasn't in love with him at all.
Chapter 58: The chemistry is natural.
Chapter 59: I can sense it when you're lying.
Chapter 60: I love everything about you.
Chapter 61: I'm not married.
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 63: July it is.
Chapter 64: We love you, dad.
Chapter 65: The End.
Epilogue: The Final Chapter.
Married By Chance (Sneak peek)
Married By Chance (Out Now)

Chapter 39: Ameliam Forever.

15.8K 546 27
By AurumHeart

Liam's outfit above.

Amelia Smith

My fight with Liam was so out of the blue. I didn't see it coming.

I know that he is used to girls being obsessed with him and I'm used to being with my girlfriends.

I honestly hadn't been with fair for the past few days. I canceled our dates so I could spend more time with the girls. I just felt like I needed to catch up with Emily and Nicole since I spent a whole week without speaking to neither of them. That has never happened.

I love Liam more than anything and I hate disappointing him. I'm pretty sure that's how he felt when I kept ditching him. I'm not a clingy girl, that's for sure. I don't like clinging to my boyfriend. He's used to that because that was how Camilla was.

I want him to be happy. I want us to be happy. He was there for me all through my fight with Nicole.

Am I too scared to surrender to him?

Yes.

But he has to me. I can't name one wrong thing that he has ever done to me. He puts my happiness first and treats me so well. I have to fix my relationship with him.

"Amelia!"

"Amelia!"

Reporters are calling out my name and I'm just posing and twirling for the camera. A woman with blonde hair, looking around her early thirties approaches me with a microphone in her hand and a cameraman behind her.

"Hi! I'm Gloria from Vogue magazine." She chirps.

"Hi, Gloria!" I smile at her.

"First of all, Amelia, tell me who you are wearing today because you look magnificent!" She says and brings the mic to my lips which has the Vogue logo on.

"I'm wearing Ralph and Russo." I tilt my body a little bit.

"So everyone here was so excited to see you, Amelia Smith today but I was shocked when I saw Liam coming in with Robert Miller and then you come in with his mother. That was quite an entrance." She says.

"Well, every year I always come with my mum but this year, she's not in the country. I guess Diana is the closest thing I have to a mother." I say with a big smile.

Aunt Diana went into the party because she didn't want to answer any questions today but I have to.

"That is so sweet! Now my last question, your best friend, Nicole Taylor just went inside the party with Brandon Scott! Are they in a relationship?" She asks.

"You know, the last thing I know is that they're just friends. I was shocked when I found out she was bringing him here." I reply in the mic.

Gloria smiles. "Okay, thanks, Amelia. It was nice speaking to you."

I smile at her and walk away, pulling my dress up a little as I climb the stairs.

"Amelia Smith!" Another guy approaches me with a big capital E! on his mic. "You look amazing!" He compliments.

"Well, you can't go wrong with Ralph and Russo." I point out.

"That you can't!" He says. "My first question is where is Liam? We've been dying to see the two of you walk in together."

"I'm here." I hear Liam's voice from behind. He puts his arm on my waist and kisses my cheek.

Okay. His mum definitely sent him out here.

"This is great!" The guy exclaims. "You guys are on university break, we all know that and we all so know that the elite group of this city work with big brands during their school breaks."

"Yeah, I pretty much have like five different jobs to do," Liam says. "And I don't really mind because of I kind of like making my own money." He shrugs and I nod my head in agreement.

"So I heard that a lot of celebrities are going to stop by for the after-party." The guy says.

"Yeah, this might be the main event but I think the after party is actually the best part of it because it's New Years' eve," I say.

After talking to a few more reporters, Liam and I walk into the party. His hand is still on my waist but we haven't said anything to each other. It's an outdoor lunch party and a lot of people are here.

I feel something pull me back as I walk. "Are you okay?" Liam asks.

"Yes but I think my dress is stuck on something." I turn to fix it but he stops me. "Let me." He says and bends down. I feel him fix the dress and he looks at me.

"It was a needle." He says.

My eyes widen in horror. "Is it torn?"

He shakes his head no. I look around and I spot my friend Mia. "I'm going over to speak with Mia," I tell Liam.

"Okay." He says and walks away.

I sigh, feeling sad. It's so weird seeing him like this. I walk over to Mia and a smile grows on her face as she sees me. "Bitch, you and Liam looked like you we were about to swallow each other over there." She says.

I laugh at her comment and flip my hair back. "No, we did not."

Her black her is done up popping her beautiful Asian eyes. She's wearing a navy blue mid-length dress with round diamond earrings.

"I heard that you two broke up." She says and drops her wine glass.

"Really?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

She nods her head. "Yeah, it's all over Hardwood's blog."

"We just had a fight," I say with a shrug.

"Yeah, I didn't believe what I read. I'm team Ameliam forever!" She raises her hands in excitement.

My phone keeps beeping with messages. "I'll see you later, Mia." I hug her and walk to my table.

"Amelia!" Ian comes over and hugs me.

I smile and hug him back. "Hi, Ian."

Others are all sitting at the table, chatting and laughing. Liam is at the end of the table, scowling. The seat beside him is empty so I go over there to sit.

I say hi to everyone and grab a fruit stick from Brian's plate but he instantly snatches it. "It's mine." He glares at me.

I roll my eyes and lean back on my chair then Liam drops two fruit sticks on my empty plate.

Awww! Can I kiss him?

"Where are Nicole and Brandon?" I ask Emily who is talking selfies with Ian.

Before she can answer me I hear Nicole call my name excitedly.

Nicole's dress.

I turn to her and see her wrapped in Brandon's arm. I get up and go over to hug her. Brandon is way more handsome in person. His dirty blonde hair is slicked back with short sides and he has green eyes.

"Brandon, this is my best friend, Amelia." She introduces us with a big smile. "Amelia, this is my friend, Brandon."

He narrows his eyes at her. "Did you just call me your friend?" He chuckles.

"She totally did, dude!" Jacob laughs.

Nicole blushes and looks down.

"It's nice to meet you, Amelia. I've heard a lot of good things about you." Brandon says.

"You too." I smile at him.

"And this is Liam," Nicole says and Liam stands up from his chair.

"It's nice to meet you, man." Liam shakes hands with Brandon.

"Nice to meet you, too," Brandon says.

"Liam and Amelia are dating," Nicole says.

"Yeah, it's all over the news." Brandon laughs.

I look at Liam and smile but he just narrows his eyes at me and holds my hand. That makes me smile wider.

"Oh. My. God." Jasmine says in a loud whisper.

We all follow the direction she's looking at with her eye.

"Is it even legal to be this hot?" Emily asks.

Emily's dress.

Adam is walking into the party with Jason and a blonde model in his arms. He's in a maroon suit with a white shirt inside. He looks so hot.

"He's so handsome." Nicole breathes.

"Tell me about it," I say.

"Are they usually like this?" Brandon asks with a laugh.

"Yeah, every time we go out and they see a 'good looking guy'." Tyler says, air quoting 'good looking'.

We all take a sit and start talking about a lot of things. Chloe is in London with her cool family. I love them because they are so nice and fun to be around with even they are strict towards her. I guess that's because they are British.

"So what are everyone's work plans for this break?" Emily asks.

"Well, I have like four photoshoots and one interview. That's it." Brian shrugs.

"I only have a magazine cover photoshoot. Thank God." Jasmine says, happily.

"I have a Calvin Klein photo shoot with Tyler." Colton.

"I have a Victoria Secret runway show, a Versace campaign shoot, a Bazaar cover shoot, and an interview with Liam," I say. I'm pretty sure that there are other things.

"Tom Ford campaign. YSL commercial video, two magazine covers, an interview with Amelia. I can't remember what the rest is, honestly." Liam says in a bored tone.

"Well, I have two work with two fashion shows and two photoshoots," Nicole says. "How about you guys?" She asks Ian and Jacob.

Rob and Tyler are not here.

"Internship," Colton says, playing with Emily's hand.

"We're graduating this session, remember?" Ian adds in an obvious tone.

It's true. Rob, Ian, and Colton are all graduating this year because they are in their fourth years. They, Liam and Brian both went to Hardwood a year before the girls and I did because they were our seniors in high school. Tyler and Jacob however, are our mates.

All the bachelor degrees in Hardwood are four years except Architecture and Accounting that take five years.

Emily, Liam and I study Architecture while Brian studies Accounting so that means it's five years for the four of us.

"Guys, why is Liam smoking?" Rob comes to the table, looking upset.

"He smokes?" I ask, surprised. I swear he was sitting beside me like two minutes ago. I don't know when he left the table.

"Yeah, when he's really mad or something," Brian says.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "What do I do, guys? He doesn't even want to talk to me!" I say, frustratedly.

"Then make him," Emily says. "Go to him and make him talk to you."

"Yes, the fight you had was because you weren't giving him enough attention. Go and talk to him and showing him that you really do care." Nicole also says.

I look at the guys and they all nod their heads in agreement.

"Where is he?" I ask Rob.

****

I walk towards Liam when I see him standing by the old abandoned fountain. The place looks dull and is so quiet. There are dry leaves scattered everywhere.

Liam's back is facing me so I do the first thing that comes to my mind, I hug him from behind.

He doesn't stiffen or anything. His body just stays still but some seconds later, he turns around and looks down at me.

He's not smoking anymore but I can still sense the cigarette smell. He doesn't say anything but he allows me to hold him. He looks at my face down to my lips before finally speaking.

"Who did your makeup?" He asks and a smile grows on my face.

"Her name's JJ. Do you like it?" I ask, flirtatiously.

He nods his head, yes. His face though holds no emotion whatsoever.

"Is that the only thing you like?" I run my hands up and down his arms.

"No, I like the hair." He slides his fingers down my curls.

I tilt my head. "And?"

"And the dress. I love everything." He breathes looking into my eyes.

God knows how much I love him and how much my heart rushes when I think of him. He is perfect and I couldn't ask for someone better to love me back.

I don't want to ruin what we have. I don't want it to end. Ever. He is who I want to be with for the rest of my life.

I look into his eyes. "Why were you smoking, Liam?"

"I was upset." He replies simply.

"With me?" I bite my lower lip, nervously.

Of course, he's upset with.

"No, with myself." He says.

I'm now confused and worried so I raise my eyebrow. "Why?" I ask, letting go of his waist.

"I don't know Amelia." He looks away and crosses his arms over his chest. "But what I do know is, I don't want to lose you. You mean the world to me and I just don't know what I will do without you." He says, looking back into my eyes with so much sincerity.

Liam is amazing. I know that but they are some things that I don't know about him. I feel like he hides his problems and he doesn't like sharing them with people.

"I'm sorry about the way I acted," I whisper, looking down.

The air gets colder so I wrap my arms around myself.

"No, I'm sorry sweetheart. I acted so harshly and like a jerk the day you came to my house. Gosh!I'm so stupid." He runs his hand through his hair.

"No! You have every right to be mad at me." I hold his hand in mine. "I acted so selfishly and unreasonable. I want to spend all my time in the world with you, Liam. No one makes me happier than you do." I tell him honestly.

He strokes my face gently and pulls for a hug. "I hate it when we fight." He says.

"Me too," I mumble. "I missed you so much."

Liam presses a kiss on my forehead and we pull away. "Let's go back to the party." He says.

I pout. "I don't wanna go back. Can we go somewhere?"

I change my dress and we leave.

Amelia's short dress.

****

"I was not expecting this!" I tell Liam as we go into the movie theatre with our hands intertwined.

"What were you expecting? Dinner at Per Se?" He gives me a small smile.

He's still not completely back to normal. He was quiet throughout the car ride. Like he was lost in deep thought.

"This is like the best movie theatre in this town even though I've been here only twice. Their popcorn is so good."

"So you only like it because of the popcorn?" Liam raises his brow at me.

I laugh. "No, it has a beautiful interior. It's so cool." I say.

He looks at me. "Okay."

Then I notice something.

"We didn't pay and we didn't even choose a movie or buy the popcorn!" I say, horrifically.

"Someone is bringing it." He says, guiding me into the VIP room.

"But we didn't pay," I state.

He sighs. "Just sit down, Amelia."

"Fine." I sit on the leather seat and he sits next to me.

"So what movie are we watching?" I turn to him.

He's texting on his phone so he doesn't lookup. "Coco." He says.

Of course.

Liam is obsessed with animations. I remember watching the movie trailer. I want to watch the movie too.

"Okay."

"So do want a soda, milkshake, smoothie, anything? There's also Haagen Daaz." He looks at me and asks.

I think a little bit. Smoothies are my favorite and they go well with popcorn.

"A strawberry smoothie please."

"Alright, a strawberry smoothie and a salt flavored popcorn." He types that and puts his phone back into his pocket.

In no time, our food was brought but the movie doesn't start.

Liam's phone starts ringing so he curses and pulls it out and answers the call. He closes his eyes as the person speaks. 

"Yes, they can start the movie, Wilson. Please stop interrupting my date." He says.
"Okay, whatever." He ends the call.

"Is that Wilson as in your PA?" I ask.

He nods his head. "Yeah."

"Does he work here?" I ask in confusion.

He shrugs. "Yeah, sometimes."

"But I thought he works for you. Does he have like two jobs?"

He shakes his head, no. "He is working for me."

Then the realization hits me like a truck. "Do you own this place?"

"Yes, I do." He states.

"Why didn't you say that? Why is this the first time you're bringing me here?" I hit his arm.

I can't believe that he owns this place. I was just telling him how much I like it. Now, I know why the place is so nice. Liam studies Architecture and his mum is an interior designer.

He shrugs. "I forget about it sometimes but you know, we're on a break which means I'm back to work." He says.

"So are there more like these? What else do you own?" I ask him, suddenly curious about his work.

I didn't realize that he like really does business. I guess I sometimes forget that he's a Black. They own everything.

"I will tell you all that later, I promise. The movie is starting now." He kisses my hand and turns to the screen.

We are halfway through the movie and this chair is big enough for people to sit on so I stand up from mine and sit with Liam. He wraps his arms around me and places me on his lap.

****

"Oh my God! A yacht party!" I squeal and run over to hug my friends.

"Yes! Liam called us and we all ditched the after-party." Jasmine says smiling.

"I think the best New Years' eve is if we all spend it together," Nicole says and we all hug.

The party starts and a lot of our other friends join us. We're all dancing and having fun. It feels like old times. I'm so happy.

"So where did lover boy take you?" Nicole asks after we finally sit.

"We just went to watch a movie. We're not like completely back to normal yet." I say resting my back against the sofa.

"What do you mean?" Emily asks, taking a sip of her soda.

"Well, we haven't even kissed yet or like you know do normal us," I say even though the last part makes zero sense.

"Well, you better go get your kiss then. It's almost New Years." Tara, one of our friends says so I get up and go to find him.

"Where's Liam?" I ask Rob as I see him having drinks with some guys.

"He's on the top floor." He says.

I go there and I see Liam standing at the end and looking at the ocean, alone.

"Are you here for your New Years' kiss?" He asks.

"How did you even know it was me?" I smile.

I reach him and he puts his hands on my waist while I wrap mine around his neck. "Why are you acting weird?" I ask him.

"Weird?" He questions.

"Yes, you standing here alone. You haven't said much since the lunch party."

"Maybe it's because we haven't kissed yet." He leans forward.

"Okay, you're back." I laugh and he joins me.

"It has just been a crazy week for me at home." He says. "But I'm fine now." He smiles at me.

"Okay." I smile back.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look throughout today? I'm mesmerized by your beauty, sweetheart." He says.

I blush. "Thank you. You also look amazing, you always do."

"Yeah, I know." He smirks.

"You're a jerk." I laugh.

We just stand there looking at each other with loving smiles on our faces.

"Ten!"

"The countdown is starting," Liam says.

"I'm not deaf, Lulu." I roll my eyes.

He laughs and strokes my face with his right hand, looking into my eyes deeply.

"I love you, Amelia." He says.

Oh my God! I'm gonna cry!

My heart flutters and I smile. "I love you too."

"One!" And we kiss.

"Happy New Year!!!"

The fireworks start and it's so beautiful.

****

They've finally said I love you to each other! I'm so excited.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
113K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...
6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
4.1K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...