Spy School: Clash of Spies

By smh204

There's a new girl at Spy School who is as good, maybe even better, than the great Erica Hale. Erica, obvious... More

Capture the Flag
Audrey
Target Practice
Spying on Friends? Again?
Note
Finale
Operation Yeasty Meerkat
Sketchy White Van
Tower of Actual Terror
That distant, bitter relative
'The Interrogator'
Why do you have your I-figured-out-their-plan look on?
Thermonuclear Weapons
Fatal Mistake
Bad Fortune Cookie
The Office (Not the TV show)
Rump Towers
I've Been Tagged
Creepy Playground
Betrayal...?
Bombs With A Side of Betrayal
Last Seconds on Earth
Duke It Out
Family is Everything
Road Trip
Everything is Okay
Authors Final Note

Truth

2.8K 30 34
By smh204

Hi guys! Let me start by saying Happy Late Thanksgiving! I will now tolerate Christmas music! :)Oh and happy black Friday! Hope you got some good stuff!

Again, I am sorry for not updating in a while. It's not like me. Yet again, I don't know how to work Wattpad :). I'm figuring it out though.

Anyway, review and enjoy. It always makes me happy.  Without further adue, please enjoy!

I pushed through the crowd of students, trying to find Erica. Security locked down the door after the fight, trying to find the culprit who stole the folder. It was useless because whoever stole it wouldn't be dumb enough to keep it with them. Plus, I was 99% sure it was Erica and she's not dumb at all. It was shocking she even left it out on her desk.

But I guess it had some merit to it. If security went through her room and found a folder hidden under her floorboard, it would be way more suspicious rather than it being stuck inside a textbook. Plus, she'd probably already got rid of it.

I pushed forward with no avail. A lot of the students were pissed because they hadn't stolen it and they were being scrutinized and all they wanted was out of the dumb gym. They all shoved me farther away from Erica.

Erica's face was drawn in annoyance like everyone else in the gym. She didn't look worried or paranoid at all. She just took in the scene like it was a big inconvenience to her. I swear, if espionage doesn't work out for her, she can always be an actor. She doesn't look nervous or worried the slightest.

As people leave the gym, security is patting them down and looking through their belongings. For commonly known bad kids, the agents use those things in the airports and swipe up and down their body.

But for a supposed 'Intelligence' agency, they aren't that smart. Unless the thing inside the folder was medal, the thing won't go off. And I highly doubt it is; I'll bet money it's just paper.

From the back of the stream of people trying to get out, I noticed Erica going through the door. Erica shoots the poor younger agent an icy stare, like a warning, and he barely touches her to frisk her. He quickly waves her through.

The agent probably wasn't worried because out of everyone, she was the most unlikely person to commit this crime. Again, look how 'intelligent' this agency is: they are easily corrupt by good behavior.

Finally, after a lot of pushing and shoving, it was my turn.

"Name and rank." The bored looking agent says to me, looking like she would rather be anywhere else but here.

"Benjaman Ripley. Second, going on third year." I reply.

She quickly frisks me and announces, "Clear." And gestures me out of the gym.

The second I leave the gym I quickly look for Erica.

Not surprisingly, I don't find her. But, I do see some security agents going through troublemaker's rooms. It was a good thought, but they aren't going to find anything because the last place they'd think to look is Erica the great's room.

I heard students mumbling and discussing potential suspects for the missing folder. Everyone wanted to find it for the reward. Not that they wanted to be a good person and find it for the school. No. They wanted the prize. Rumors were spreading around about what it was. The consensus is that it was a new room. With a shower, queen bed, own bathroom and almost triple the size of our old one. (Granted, our room is the size of my closet in my house, but still.)

Even though I had information, I knew better than to give it to the school. Number one, Erica probably covered her tracks too well and I'd be in hot water with the Hale's and the CIA. She'd pled not guilty and they'd believe her more than me. Number two, I don't even know if she did it.

I raced past the mumbling students and finally got to Erica's room. On the door, there were multiple threats and I knew for a fact it was booby-trapped. Curiosity took the better of me and I went up to knock.

Before I could touch the door though, Erica opened it. She arched an eyebrow, confused.

"Ben, what are you doing here?" Like she doesn't know!

Breathless from running, I panted, "I need to talk to you in private."

She frowned, a little suspicious, but yanked me inside her room.

I pretended I had never seen it before, but obviously, I have. Immediately, I look at her desk. It was clean. There was nothing but a lamp, pencil and packet of homework. All of her textbooks and more importantly, the folder, was gone.

She noticed me looking at her desk and shot me a side glance. I quickly looked away.

I didn't know how to start the conversation so I just ripped the bandaid off.

"So... uh... what do you think about the folder the principal was talking about?" I asked.

She gave me an exasperated sigh and said, "If the principal asked you to ask me to try to find it for him, tell him no. He shouldn't leave it out for some idiot to steal it. He should be more competent than that and I'm tired of cleaning up his messes. Now go away."

She sold that (what I think) was a lie so well, I was doubting my thought that she stole it. I mean, folders are common, right? And cleaning a desk is common... right after the principal was talking about it... Yeah no.

"No it wasn't the principal. I don't want to talk to the Idiot. I noticed you cleaned your desk." I tried to make polite conversation before jumping in the deep end, but then I realized what I said. Shoot. She now knows I was in her room.

Erica didn't notice, yet. "Yeah, it was getting messy and I couldn't really concentrate... wait." Her eyes narrowed dangerously.

I visibly grimaced. Erica's guard was up.

"Ben, how did you know I cleaned my desk? Why were you in my room?" Her tone was calm but there was danger behind it.

I spilled the beans. "Well, I needed a textbook to do my essay so I went to your room. The door was propped open so I went inside. I saw the note from SPYDER on your desk and... oh wait! Was that about the folder? Anyway, I saw the folder on your desk and forgot about it until the principal was talking about it. So I came here to talk to you." Words spewed out of my mouth.

For the first time in my life, I saw Erica becoming nervous and concerned. Her eyebrows nit in concentration.

"WHAT? You went in my room?" She shouted and suddenly grabbed the front of my shirt and slammed me against the wall. My head thudded against the wall and a drew in a sharp gasp. Erica's body was shaking in fury.

"Who'd you tell?" She snarled as she pinned me on the wall.

"No one!" I exclaimed hurriedly, "It just clicked together a second ago. Wait so it's true? You're working with SPYDER? You stole the folder?"

She blew out a huff, "Yes, you idiot, I stole the folder. But not for the reasons you think. No, I'm not working with SPYDER. Ben, there's a lot of stuff going on right now that you don't understand. You can't tell anyone about this or this meeting."

She released me and went to the floor and flipped a floorboard up. Inside, there was a getaway bag and she grabbed it and started to collect things. I stood there in confusion.

"Where you going? Explain this whole thing to me or I'm going to tell someone because you're acting awfully suspicious. All the signs point to you working with SPYDER." I became frantic.

She looked at me with venom in her eyes. "Don't tell anyone or it'll cause more problems for both of us. There's a mole in the school and I know who it is. Tread carefully and just believe me when I say you have no idea what's going on."

"Then why aren't you reporting the mole? Erica, be rational! You can't have a double agent running around the school."

She ignored me, "Ben, do I have your word you'll not tell anyone about this?"

I growled in frustration, "Not until you tell me what's going on."

Erica looks up from her packing and says, "Sorry, Ben, then I'll have to do this. No loose ends."

With that, she catches me right in the jaw. I wasn't anticipating this so I couldn't prepare for it. Pain shot through my body and I collapsed.

Erica stood over me with pity in her expressions. "Sorry Ben. I really am."

Then a boot came slamming down on my right temple and darkness followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 105 23
After Erica and Ben are told they can take time off, they accept it with full arms. They bring along Mike and Zoe for the ride while Cyrus supervises...
9.1K 137 14
Takes place after Spy School British Invasion. Ben, Erica and their friends have defeated SPYDER once and for all, but that doesn't mean they don't s...
15.6K 90 22
With all of their enemies bearing down on them, Agents Ben Ripley and Erica Hale go on the offensive to track them down. They'll need the help of the...
19K 199 24
Life has moved on from the past thrilling adventure that Ben and Erica had undertook with newborn Emma. Ben and Erica have settled down nicely into j...