Fatal Mistake

I've run out of excuses. :) Valentines day passed! I hope you told your loved ones that you love them! A vote would be a great thing to give me… LOL ;)

Oh, and I need to tell a story. So I was on vacation and went to this cute bookstore. I went up to the desk and asked the women working there if she had an advanced readers copies (books that publishers release before the actual book comes out-I was looking for spy school British Invasion.) To my surprise and joy, she said yes and pulled out a box full of them!! And get this: THEY HAD SSBI!! I was so happy and I asked if I could have it (they aren't allowed to sell then because they haven't been officially released).

She said ‘sure!’ but then asked what school I went to. Since I was on vacation, it was in another state.

Then she told me she couldn’t give it to me because of some school district agreement and some other excuse. Like she needed it back or couldn't lend it to me because of some school thingy.

Bottom line: I COULDN'T READ IT!! >:( I was so bummed out. There was a part of me that wanted to grab it and run but with every ounce of self control I had I refrained.

But if you live in the state of Washington PM me and I'll tell you what bookstore and town it was in so you can read it. But darn, I was so disappointed.

Anyway, sorry for ranting to you guys. I'm so sorry for the long wait but please enjoy. :D

“Lift off!” The techies cry in joy as they hugged each other.

I sat in horror, watching the scene in front of me unfold. I was right. It wasn't an airplane. It was missiles. And they were heading for land.

On the screen, we could see the flight path radar on the bottom and a view from a missile as four race beside it.

I could guess they were thermonuclear missiles because on a screen beside it showed the coordinates and heat signals. Since they were in the air, the only thing that registered was an occasional bird.

“We have lift off! It's on path to go to the coordinates. It's on autopilot now.” the lead techie told Joshua.

“Excellent!” Joshua grinned maliciously, with a murderous gleam in his eye, “You may go now.”

“What?” the techie asked in confusion, a falter in his step.

“All of the scientists in this room. Thanks for making it a smooth take off. You can go now.” Joshua gave him a fake smile and waved him off. Audrey stood next to him and smirked.

“All of us? What if there's a malfunction?” the poor techie looked lost.

“Well, there shouldn't be if you did your job correctly, right?” Joshua prodded.

“Um… yes sir. We will file out.” the techie said meekly.

“Perfect! Thanks for your help.” Joshua smiled and the techie started rounding up all his workers.

I just sat in disdain. It was awful. The missiles were speeding towards land. They’ve been flying for a while, so I can imagine the destination is far away or taking a weird path. For the first time, I was praying my calculations were off.

Finally, the five missiles that were flying together separated and went a multiple different directions.

My blood was turing cold. It all hit me. It became so real to me. Those missiles were real. And they were going to kill people.

Desperately, I turned towards the only other people in the room, aside from some guards. Joshua and Audrey.

I’ve given up hope that Joshua would magically become a nice person and say ‘Just kidding! This SPYDER thing was a giant practical joke!’ That ship has sailed. So I turned to Audrey, who I knew had a little human left in her.