Everything is Okay

I am so sorry this took so long. I finally finished all of my finals (I ended with a 3.8 GPA so I'm happy) and I could finally take this story off the back burner and finish it already! Good luck to everyone who has or has to take them. It is a 3.5K ish monster, but it is the final chapter of this story! It's a total bittersweet moment. Your support means everything to me and thank you for being patient. I hope it satisfies you and ends in a way that makes you happy. For the final time *cries* please enjoy.

I drifted off again. This time, when I woke up, the car was stopped at a streetlamp. We were in what seemed to be a small town with giant trees surrounding us. It was very beautiful. Audrey was driving now, while Erica was dozing off in the passenger seat. They must have switched when I went back to sleep.

I noticed it had been almost five hours since we left DC. I was groggy but didn't want to sleep anymore, so I didn't mess up my sleep schedule.

"Are we there yet?" I whined, acutely aware of how much I was sounding like a toddler.

I saw Audrey smirk in the mirror, "We're only fifteen minutes away. Don't go back to sleep."

I sat up, still super bleary and decided I should be a good friend and wake Erica up. Without mercy, I started kicking the back of her seat, like those annoying kids who sit behind you on the airplane.

The seat started to shake and Erica jolted awake, swearing at me. Audrey snorted to disguise her laughter.

We finally turned off the main road and onto a barely used dirt path. The road was mainly gravel so we bumped along until we got to the end of the road. In front of us, there was a beautiful log cabin. It was only one story, but it had a wrap around deck and wood paneling. Behind it, you could see the mountains of Virginia. It took my breath away.

I wasn't the only one, "It's gorgeous!" Audrey exclaimed.

"Yeah," Erica said suspiciously, "How did they manage to afford it?"

Just as she said this, Zoe and Mike came out of the house, waving enthusiastically.

I jogged up to them, "Hey guys."

"Ben! How'd it go?" Mike called out.

"How the heck did you afford this?" Erica called before I could answer.

"Come in and I'll let you know!" Zoe waved us inside. I went in without protest.

It was even more magnificent inside. There was a stone fireplace, a vintage rug in the middle, and the wood paneling continued inside for the walls and ceilings. To finish off the cabin look, there were game trophies on the wall. I could see some moose heads, a few deer and even a grizzly bear trophy. It was supposed to be cool, I guess, but to me it was unnerving.

I plopped myself down on the couch in the living room. Audrey and Erica followed my lead.

Zoe and Mike sat across from us on the fireplace.

"It was so lucky we got this house! We were in town, trying to find a place to stay and this wealthy couple comes up to me. She says they were supposed to stay in the cabin for three more days but wanted to leave early. Apparently, the owner was going to charge them a crazy amount for leaving early, so she told us we're welcome to stay here free of charge for three days. Her husband even offered to get a cleaning service the last day, so we don't have to clean the house when we're done. So we have the house!" Zoe explained.

We all nodded. We had thwarted SPYDER. I don't know if it had sunk in yet, but I felt it in my body. I was exhausted but I remembered something that I totally forgot about during the SPYDER business.