The Bad Boy's Game ✔ (Slowly...

By ForgotTheEggs

Layla Harrison. Ask anyone in her hometown about her and you'll get a cluster fuck of answers, all of which... More

PLEASE READ
☆Aesthetics☆
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five (Part One)
Chapter Five (Part Two)
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven: Dry Humping In The Back Of A 2017 Camaro
Chapter Eight: Plan B
Chapter Nine: Lingerie and Ivy
Chapter Ten: Late Night Antics
Chapter Twelve: Sleepless Nights
Chapter Thirteen: His Plan
Chapter Fourteen: Face To Face
Chapter Fifteen: It's Over
Chapter Sixteen: The Baby
Chapter Seventeen: The Party
Chapter Eighteen: The End
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter Eleven: He Knows

1.4K 64 11
By ForgotTheEggs

-Layla-

I pry my eyes open slowly, and am greeted with the familiar white light of a hospital.

I’ve spent too much time here already.

I try to sit up but find my body totally sore. I groan at the feeling and within seconds I feel someone grab my hand. And the weird thing is, I prepared myself to hear the deep rasp of Archer. Instead, all I got was the rushed and worried words of my father.

“Layla what the hell were you doing that got you shot? Are you kidding me you could have died! What would I have don't then? Huh? You know wh-”

“Great, she’s awake.” Another voice says.

I sit up slightly and see two suited men, one with a badge on his waistband.

“Ms.Harrison, I’m detective Parry and this is detective Santos” The blonde haired man says. “I know this is sudden, what with you just waking up from a medically induced coma and all but, if you’re up to it we would love to get your statement on what happened. The sooner we catch  whoever did this the better.” The detective continues.

Before I could even open my mouth, my dad was already up to defend me.

“What is wrong with you? My daughter just-”

“Dad! I’m okay to talk to the detectives. So please, leave.”

“But-”

“No offense dad, but I’m sure the detectives want every detail of the night” they nod as my gaze meets theirs “and frankly, I don’t want you to have those details so please.”

A frown takes place on my father’s lips as he sulks out of the room.

“I’m right here if you-”

“Thank You dad.” I interrupt and detective Santos gets up to close the door.

Now, you might be wondering why I just kicked my loving father out of my hospital room.

Well that’s simple really.

It’s because he can always tell when I’m lying.

“So ms.Harrison, should we begin.” Detective Parry asks, pulling out a notepad.

I clear my throat and take a sip of water before opening my mouth.

“Well, I’m going to be honest the story is a little embarrassing.” I say feigning shyness. “So my boyfriend and I- I assume you talked to him.”

“We did, but he was a little… distressed when we did so we didn’t get much out of him.”

Great! No one to deny my story.

“As I was saying, we went out to see a movie and after the movie I was feeling really hungry. He told me about this hole in the wall place on the outskirts of town that had the best italian food ever so naturally we went. After we got the food, we got back into the car and- well, the night was just going to perfect that I asked him to pull over.”

The tension in the room became palpable.

“So he did. Once he stopped the car, I, um, kinda started kissing him, then one thing led to another and we kind of, well you know, in the driver’s seat. We we were finished and dressed again, I got out of the car to stretch my legs and that’s when I heard the gunshot. I didn't see anyone but a few seconds later I felt something hit my leg. There was so much blood, I guess I passed out and-”

Before I could finish the room door flew open and I prepared to tell my dad off. But Archer was standing there instead.

And he looked pissed.

“Sorry detectives, but the doctors need to do some final tests before they discharge her, and I would really like to get home sometime today.” He growls out.

His bloodshot eyes are fixated on the men, they haven't even made an attempt to to look my way. Detective Parry turns back to me.

“Thank you for your cooperation Ms.Harrison. I think this is good enough but if we need anything else, we’ll contact you.”

We said our goodbyes and they exited with Archer in tow. The doctors, including Madison, came in soon after. They prescribed me some pain medicine and told me to keep taking the ones I already had.

To be honest, I have been forgetting to take them.

Besides the medicine, I was told to take it easy and they sent me on my way with a bandaged up thigh and bruised pride.

When I got into the waiting room my dad was sitting in a chair but he sprang up as soon as he saw me. He offered me a ride home but I declined and kissed him goodbye. I found Archer waiting at the front desk tapping his foot. When he noticed my presence, his jaw tightened and he walked out to his car.

I followed.

Neither of us said a word as he drove to his apartment. Once there, he got out and went inside, without so much as a glance in my direction.

I guess he’s still mad about that club thing.

Speaking of-

I walk into the apartment after him and slam the door shut with all my might.

“Archer! So, are you just not going to tell me who it was that shot me or why you know him at all?”

“Don’t talk to me about keeping secrets Layla.”

“What are you talking about? I’d tell you anything as long as you asked.”

“Oh really? Then tell me, why did you all of a sudden decide to take a ‘gap year’ and come home?”

My face dropped and I took a step back.

“I- I already told you. My dad was going through a rough time and-”

“Oh cut the shit. I already know.” He said, taking threatening steps towards me.

“W-what. How do you-”

“My mom told me while you were in surgery. They thought they were going to lose you because they couldn’t get to the artery to stop the bleeding.”

It falls dead silent.

“Why? Why didn’t you tell me?” He asks, his anger melting away.

“What was I supposed to say Archer. ‘Oh, hey. I’m back because I’m dying and wanted to be close to my dad?’ That kind of ruins the mood don’t you think?” I say swiping at the fallen tears.

“But you could have told me. I’m your boyfriend f-”

“So now you want to act like that means something to you. Don’t try that with me, I know this is nothing but a game to you. Why don’t we just call it a tie and you can stop pretending like you care.”

“Are you seriously doing this right now. Are you so blind that you can’t see what’s in front of you?”

I let out a humorless chuckle.

“You want to know why are agreed to this Archer. Because there was a point in my life where I thought that you weren’t such a bad guy, and that just maybe I could have some fun before I bite the dust. That maybe you changed, and that I wouldn’t just be-”

“Are you fucking kidding me right now? Since we’re on the road of confessions I have one of my own. I only asked you to do this dumbass game so that you would see how I really feel, and that maybe you would feel the same way.”

My heart  stops.

“W-what?”

“I’m in love with you Layla. I have been for some time now, but I guess you’ve been too obsessed with my idiot brother to notice.”

What? Archer, in love. What’s more, he’s in love with… me?  I think I’m going to pass out.

“I love you Layla. And I need you to understand that, no matter what.”

He said he loved me. He said- Wait.

As the butterflies swarm in my stomach a small smile graces my face. And the smile only grows as I get closer to him. He looks up to me with a terrified look on his face.

“Why are you smiling like that?” He asks.

“You said you love me.”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“That means I win.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The game. If I recall correctly, and I know I do, you said whoever says ‘I love you’ first is the loser and you just said that you loved me.”

He sighs.

“Are you kidding me? We’re having a serious conversation and that’s all you could think about.”

“Now, now. I think I remember the winner getting whatever they want.” I tease.

“Fine, Layla. What could you possibly want at a time like this?”

I take the final step that is separating us, bringing my hands up to his shoulder, and bring my lips to his in a sultry kiss, filled with pure unadulterated passion. After pulling back, I see the lust clouding his vision, telling me that he would ultimately take me where I want, with or without my request.

“I want you, to take me back to that room, and make love to me.”

***

Author's Note:

*Warning*

There's some smut coming your way... 😏😏😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 597 37
Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Alexandra could be shy and lonely sometimes...
191K 5K 40
Quick side note: This book was originally named 'The Bad Boy, The Secret, and Me' and was renamed to its current title as of 27/04/2018 for existing...
14.3K 559 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
3.2K 222 33
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...