Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 27

9.3K 827 112
By Navya_Mishra

Agreeing to the staying arrangements, Manik closed the door and went on to turn on the fan but sighed when it didn't work.

Manik: I guess, he forgot to turn on the power connection. U stay here, I'll be back!

Nandini nodded at him watching him walk away closing the door behind him.

Manik returned back 10 minutes later, to find the place empty,
Manik: Nandini!!!

Nandini: In here...
Came here voice from the washroom calming him down. He got to some work waiting for her. Nandini returned back a few minutes later, freshly bathed when Manik gawked at her seeing her wearing his clothes.

Nandini: Don't look at me like that! What was I supposed to wear if not ur clothes? By the way, I m not returned this T-shirt, I like this....
Nandini said looking down at her clothes.

She was wearing a cotton black casual Tom n Jerry Tee, which she had tied in a knot around her waist along with his shorts which reached her knees somehow.

Manik shook his head at her craziness and got back to what he was doing but Nandini still caught a small smile playing on his lips. She smiled at it and then noticed him garnishing the two plates that he laid in front of him on the platform.

Nandini: U made sandwiches!!

Manik: Yup... I thought u would be hungry and might wanna grab a bite before crashing.

Nandini smiled broadly at him and picked up both the plates as they settled down on the couch eating it.

Nandini: Can I ask something?
Nandini asked him slowly and then continued when he nodded.

Nandini: U said u never attend the pooja back home, and u also known this place.... Do u come here every year??

Manik looked up at her and nodded slightly.

Nandini: Does anyone know?
She asked again earning a simple shaking head in a No.

Nandini nodded at him, ending the conversation as they finished their sandwiches. Manik got up dropping his plate into the sink when he turned towards her.

Manik: Nandini, u sure u r not taking up the bed. It will be more comfortable!

Nandini: Not that topic Again Manik....
Nandini groaned putting her plate along with his before lying on couch.

Nandini: This couch is too big to fit me and too small to fit u! Now can u plz pull over the curtains a bit so that I can catch some sleep.

Manik smiled at her and pulled over the curtains before taking up his clothes as he went to freshen up. He moved up towards the bed and lied down before looking back towards Nandini who was sleeping peacefully by then. He got up again and moved towards her as he softly lifted up her head, placing a pillow there. He wrapped a duvet over her comfortably before moving back as he slept.

A few hours later, Manik woke up with a small nudge on his side. He opened up his eyes slightly to find Nandini leaning down in front of him.

Nandini: I m sry to disturb u, I just wanted to say, I m going out for some time and I m taking the car along.... U go back to sleep ohk, don't worry for me!

He suddenly got alerted by her words and willed to stand up only to have been pushed back as Nandini kept her hands on his shoulder.
Manik: Going... Where?

Nandini: Shh... Just sleep ohk, I knw u r tired. I m just going out to buy some necessary stuff, clothes and all. I'll be back soon....

Manik: Are u sure, U'll be fine alone?

Nandini: Yes...

Manik nodded slightly at her as she dug her fingers into his hair, caressing it to get him back to sleep. His eyes softened at her touch as he started zooming back to sleep.

Manik: Take enough cash from my wallet, u'll need it till u find the ATM.

And before she knew he was sound asleep. Nandini adjusted the duvet over him properly before moving away. She left the cottage soon after that, taking some cash with her as Manik had said.

She walked back through the way Manik had got her in, and reached the hotel front desk to see the annoying guy still there looking down as he played some crappy game on his phone.

Nandini: Excuse me?

He looked up at her irritated for being disturbed but gave a broad smile when he saw who it was.

"Hello gorgeous...." he said looking at her again from top to bottom and then back up.

Nandini thanked God that she choose not to wear her dress from the Morning and somehow choose something from Manik's bag. She was wearing a dark blue coloured jeans folding it a few times to adjust the length. Pairing it up with a red-white checked shirt which she tucked in on her front to make it look presentable. A brown belt on her waist adding onto her look, and mainly holding up the too loose jeans on her waist.

Nandini didn't feel quite comfortable at his gaze as she asked out loud.
Nandini: Is there a market nearby?

The guy gave her a cheeky smile as he nodded.
"Yeah.... There is one at a 15 minute drive away, but it won't be that good for u! Should I come along??"

Nandini rolled her eyes at him not trying to hide her irritation as she replied.
Nandini: Thank u for the offer but I would rather get lost alone than go with u... Anyways thanks for the information.

She turned around from there and left the place. She got into the car and opened up her phone to get the location on her phone but then groaned when she noticed that it was switched off being out of battery.

Nandini: Great... Now I need to buy a charger too! Lets go...

She drove further into the city asking for the way a few times from locals. And soon found herself in a fairly busy road which they probably called as the market.

Nandini: I guess he was right about it not being for me....

The road seemed too narrow for the car making her park it at a space as she walked down the lane. She kept on walking for quite a few minutes looking around at various shops but going into none until she reached the end of the it. Taking up a U turn then she started trying out a few shops which seemed better than the others. She bought a few clothes for herself to last her for 3-4 days and some other necessary stuff that she would need.

Where walking in there took her just a few minutes, the way back seemed to take much much longer. After about two hours she reached the car, barely managing all the bags in her hands from falling as she threw them all over the bonet.

Finally getting her hands free from the bags she dug into her purse for the car keys and opened up the back door stuff the stuff inside before moving back towards the hotel. She reached there and got down, opening up the back door again when she heard a voice from somewhere behind.

"Need help?"

She turned around to see the same reception guy standing there. She opened up her mouth to refuse straight away but then noticed the amount of bags making her nod slowly. She picked up all of them and handed it over to him, holding just her purse in her hands. The guy himself struggled hard to hold it all up making her chuckled silently. Well, he somehow got what he deserved.

She locked the car before moving inside, with him following her back to the cottage. She reached there and twisted the door knob only to find it locked. Realising that Manik might hv woken up she knocked on it.

Nandini: Manik... Open up, its me!!

The door flung open almost immediately as Manik snapped at her,
Manik: Why is ur phone switched off?

Nandini rolled her eyes at him but stayed quite when his eyes went behind her to the guy making his face harden.

Nandini: Battery dead Manik... I told u not to worry na!
She moved him back getting inside as she pointed towards the couch making the guy throw all the stuff on it.

"That's quite a lot!"
He muttered earning Nandini's attention, who had her eyes fixed on Manik as he kept on glaring at the guy.

Nandini: Yeah... Anyways Thank u Bhaiya for helping me to carry them!

The expression on his face as Nandini shut off the door made her giggle out loud when she turned around towards Manik only to see his face blank.

Nandini: Chill... He just got the stuff from the car to here!

Manik: Nandini, this place is not like Mumbai, its a small town on the outskirts of Bangalore, u shouldn't hv gone out alone.

Nandini: Manik... Its just 6 in the evening. Chill!! But I must say the market sucked out here.... Such narrow lanes, can u imagine I had to walk all through it with all these bags.

Nandini said casually as she walked further inside and picked up a water bottle. Manik smiled slightly at her and then looked at the bags.

Manik: By the way... This is actually quite a lot!

Nandini: No it isn't... Its just for 3-4 days! I managed to find a least some decent stuff there...

She walked towards the talking a seat by the bags while Manik sat on the steps when she pulled something out of a bag and threw it towards him making the piece of cloth land directly on his head.
Nandini: That's for u!

Manik held it up fake glaring at her for throwing it and then looked at the T-shit. It was a jet Black T-shirt just like the one that she had taken from him earlier that day, only that this one had a Mickey Mouse over it.

Manik: Mickey Mouse... Like seriously?

Nandini: U can wear Tom n Jerry but u can't wear mickey mouse... Huh!! And moreover its for u only, she MM for Manik Malhotra, MM for Mickey Mouse...

Manik: Are u crazy?
Manik asked in a deadpan tone making her smile turn into a scrowl.

Nandini: MM for Monster Manik as well....

Nandini looked back towards her bags taking out other stuff while a smile took over Manik's face at her cuteness.

Manik: Fine... Thank u for this...

Nandini smiled broadly looking up at him as she replied,
Nandini: Ur welcome... See I got this for myself, we can be twinning now....

Nandini said showing him an exactly same T-shirt of Minnie Mouse.

Manik looked at her excitement and then at the T-shirts with a blank face until he erupted into a fit of laughter. He got up from the steps moving towards her, his laughter no where seeming to cease.

Nandini pouted at him rested her hands on either sides of her waist. He stopped laughing eventually with tears in his eyes.

Manik: God... How can u be so adorable and not even realise it?

Nandini didn't react at his words and kept on pouting as Manik sat next to her and pulled her into a side hug.

Manik: What do u think Nandini?? We both will wear these and roam around on the street. What are we like 10?

Nandini: But these r so cute...

Manik: And u r cuter!! Now tell me what will u like to eat, I m sure u might be hungry...

A bright smile came onto Nandini's face as she jumped up.
Nandini: I'll make dinner!

Manik: U??

Nandini: Ohh yes, its been so long I hvn't cooked. I don't feel like doing anything at Kapoor Mansion....
Nandini said moving forwards as she opened up the cabinets to look for the ingredients present.

Nandini: Ohk now tell me.... Would u like a an english dinner or an Indian one?
Nandini asked.

Manik: I guess Indian!! What do u think u can come up with??

Nandini: Biryani would do?

Manik smiled broadly at her nodded.
Manik: One of my favorites...

Nandini: Great, I'll make veg biryani...
Nandini exclaimed taking out the ingredients.

Manik: Let me help u!
Manik said moving towards her as they started with the cooking. Manik turned on some music on his phone.

A few minutes later, Nandini moved back to pull out something from the cabinet when she saw Manik chopping the vegetables at the counter, his body swaying along with the music as he continued saying something bout how he learnt cooking during college. For a minute Nandini zoned out of his words, her gaze fixed on his smile realising that this was the real Manik that she knew, the guy who was her best friend. This entire cooking thing, though just for some time had actually made him forget about his sister. Nandini could state his smile as real and not just slight fake ones that he had been giving her from the last night.

She moved towards him joining his conversation as they made the entire dinner. Soon it was all ready and served when Nandini noticed the time to be 8 and said,

Nandini: I'll take ur laptop out, lets watch some movie along with dinner.

Manik nodded at her as Nandini step up the laptop on the couch and soon they sat for dinner. Finishing off eating the delicious food, Nandini placed the plates on the side of the couch as she shooted closer towards Manik, resting her head on his shoulder as they continued with the movie.

They were in the middle of it when Nandini's phone rang on the side table where it was kept for charging. Manik took it up and saw Rishab's call when Nandini said,
Nandini: U pick it up, I'll just keep these plates in the sink by then.

Manik nodded at her and received the call only to hear a rishab say,
Rishab: Di where r u?? Kaka told me, U didn't get back home last night as well.... Ur phone was off all day...

Manik: Champ its me...

Rishab: Ohh Hi Manik bhaiya!
Rishab greeted him happily making him smile as Nandini too took a seat next to him.

Manik: Ur Di is with me... Safe and sound! Here talk to her...

Nandini took the phone from him only to be asked on the same questions.
Nandini: Relax rishu... We just had to leave the city for some work thing, I'll be back home in 3-4 days.

Manik looked at Nandini listening to her lie and remembered the actual reason of being there. All his happiness drained into a corner which didn't go unnoticed by Nandini. He mouthed her about going to the washroom and walked away only to make her sigh.

Nandini disconnected the call and looked at the washroom door when she realised something. She dialed a number on her phone and moved out of the cottage not wanting Manik to hear as Mr. Harsh Malhotra received the call.

Nandini: Hello Good evening Sir!!

Harsh: Hello Nandini...

Nandini: Sir first of all I would really like to apologize for my highly unprofessional behaviour of disappearing at work today without even informing, but I kinda got stuck.

Harsh: Yeah.. I was wondering about it, but no problem at all, its fine...

Nandini smiled at him knowing that he wouldn't hv been so lenient had it been someone else.

Nandini: Thank u so much Sir... Also, I wanted to tell u I wouldn't be able to come to work for a few more days, I m not in the city actually.

Harsh: Ohh.. Is everything alright?

Nandini: Yes sir.. But I really wanted to apologize for the inconvenience.

Harsh: Its ohk nandini...
Harsh said softly when Nandini hesitated from speaking further.

Nandini: Umn Uncle.... Also I wanted u to inform Aunty that I wouldn't be able to make it to the Pooja on Sunday. I.... I m with Manik!

Harsh: Manik?? Really??
Harsh asked clearly surprised at it.

Nandini: Ji uncle...

Harsh: He took u along?
Harsh said still no where near to believing it when Nandini said,

Nandini: Yeah he somehow did... I still don't know how, but I m glad I m here at this time. Umn.... I just wanted to tell u not to worry, he will be fine!

Harsh smiled softly at her concern and said,
Harsh: Thank u so much my child... I hope u two are fine at the-

Harsh stopped in between his words not knowing where they were when Nandini said,
Nandini: Yes uncle we r fine.... Though I can't tell u where we r, its Manik choice to do that and I don't think I can go against him.

Harsh: I wouldn't hv asked otherwise.... Anyways take care Nandini, bye!

Nandini: Bye uncle...
Nandini said disconnecting the call as she wrapped her arms around herself looking up at the quite night sky. She felt an arm around her neck as Manik stood next to her.

Manik: Thanks!

Nandini looked up at him confused when he replied,
Manik: For not telling him where we were and also for calling him.

Nandini: U weren't supposed to listen to this call... And he seemed concerned, why will he not be Manik? After all U do hv real parents....

Manik smiled at her nodding and said,
Manik: The movie is waiting... Shall we?

Nandini nodded at him as they entered the cottage again. They continued with the movie again after getting comfy on the couch with the duvet on. They switched on after one movie to other, continuing the movie marathon. Though Manik's mood was not the same for the rest of the night, but Nandini didn't even expect it to. She knew it was hard for him, he was in pain and still he was trying, which was enough for her.

They didn't talk much for the rest of the night, except for a few comments on different scenes from the movies that they were watching. Neither of them decided when the other one fell asleep until Manik stirred his eyes open at some loud voice from the laptop. He realised that Nandini had fallen asleep on his shoulder, while he too was resting his head on hers, as he slept. He moved a bit forward, closing the laptop top and then looked at the time. It was around 3 in the night making him decide against waking her up as he again went back to sleep in the same position.

What were they?

Just friends!!
Ohh yes that it was....

But,

Did they enjoy each others company? Yes...

Did they understand each other better than the others? Yes....

Did they care for each other? Yes...

Well, why does a person need love then?? These two don't feel the need to have someone who loves them unconditionally, or they don't realise that need.... And the reason behind that was, they already had it. Both of them were getting that love in the form of a best friend and maybe ppl would die to be at their place.

The comfort level that they shared with each other was the proof of the depth of their relationship and having that, they didn't need any name tag for themselves.
--------------------------

How was it guys??

Do leave ur views for the update!!  The next one out very very soon this time😉😉

Love,
Navya😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 704 22
Story of incomplete love of nandini from college Story will start from present time (means fab5, navya and nandini become successful in life) where a...
79.2K 4.9K 62
Manan ff A beautiful game of destiny So this is my first story hope you guys like it This story is about two people who are best friends and did no...
50.1K 2.4K 12
This is my first story trying to write. It is just for fun from my side. This track will start from Nandini admitted in hospital.
Mr & Mrs By Tara

Fanfiction

7.2K 823 11
A newly married couple. One of them was not ready for the marriage. And other one was falling for the first one. Now what will happen when one wants...