Kissing Away Insecurities | ✓

By anamika_writes

Separated by distance united by hearts. But what happens when time leaves insecurities etched on hearts? A c... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Her Life
Chapter 2 - His Excitement
Chapter 3 - Incredulity
Chapter 4 - Restless Eyes
Chapter 5 - Bewildering Changes
Chapter 6 - Hand In Hand
Chapter 7 - Little Perfections
Chapter 8- Another Surprise ?
Chapter 9 - On Her Mind, In His Heart
Chapter 10 - What Hearts Hold
Chapter 11 - Away Or Close?
Chapter 12 - The Pang In Heart
Chapter 13 - Still In Love
Chapter 14 - Searching For Remedy
Chapter 15 - Heartache.
Chapter 16 - His Battles
Chapter 17 - Disobedient Desires
Chapter 18 - Love Is Happiness
Chapter 19 - A Lot In Love
Chapter 20 - Still Falling For You
Chapter 21 - Burning In Your Desire
Chapter 22 - Love Me Like You Do
Chapter 23 - Their Paradise
Chapter 24 - Love Is Still There
Chapter 25 - Heartfelt Kisses
Chapter 26 - Heart Knows
Chapter 27 - Onset Of The Storm
Chapter 28 - Pouring Pain
Chapter 29 - Kissing Away The Pain
Chapter 30 - Love Means Eternity
Chapter 31- Let Me Love You
Chapter 32 - Serendipity
Chapter 33 - In A Family
Chapter 34 - Love Is Crazy
Chapter 35 - Can't Love You Enough
Chapter 36 - Spoilt Plans
Chapter 37 - Togetherness
Chapter 38 - Seed Of Jealousy
Chapter 39 - Dejected
Chapter 40 - Tumultuous Outburst
Chapter 41 - A Day Without Her
Chapter 42 - Won't Give Up
Chapter 43 - Stubborn Hearts
Chapter 44 - Longing
Chapter 45- Holding On To You
Chapter 46 - Insatiable Need
Chapter 47 - Being A Couple
Chapter 48 - Stubborn Insecurity
Chapter 49 - Pushing Away The Anger
Chapter 50 - L O V E
Chapter 51 - Understanding Unspoken
Chapter 52 - Imperfectly Perfect
Chapter 53 - Celebrating Love
Chapter 54 - Beyond The Insecurities
#1.1 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
#1.2 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
Reader's Review & Reader's Journey
"Quotes From The Book"
Feedback & Fun
Reader's Journey
Readers' Digest
Other Books
Author's Note

Last Part & Epilogue

16K 1.2K 262
By anamika_writes

They walked over the grass in the garden of their mansion. Usually at nights they would shut the main entrance doors and used the garden gateway if required. She couldn't stop chattering. She was so happy. He walked with his coat over his shoulder and the trophy in other end.She walked before him, her heels in her hand, twirling around animatedly celebrating her freedom from them.

He was just grinning seeing her behave like a ten year old. "Shivaay...let's dance...pleaseeee."

"Anika..no. I m really tired. "

"Please." She looked at him with cuteness in her pretty almond shaped eyes. He knew there was no saying no. He dropped the coat and she chucked the heels.Mind you they weren't more than an inch. They kept the trophies aside and he offered his hand. 

She slipped her hand into his and he pulled her close. They hadn't stayed for the after party. But right now they were having a precious moment of their own.

He swayed with her fingers laced with his. His hand in her waist. Their laughter was the music. "Ready to twirl!" He said holding her hand and stepping away, raising her hand and she twirled away. Her giggles filled his heart. 

He pulled her back, close again. The chuckles subsided as their eyes began the intense romance. He brushed his fingers on her bare skin at the back. She moved closer involuntarily. Her eyes not wanting to leave those of her husband. Her bare feet against the grass, her hands over his shoulders, his over her waist, and her eyes interlocked with his– the best feeling ever. She wished the moment froze. 

She never knew she could have a fairy-tale love story until he came. The Prince charming, with his charms that won her heart. She leaned closer. She wanted the perfect kiss. With her foot raised, lips over his, under the night sky. He grinned like he read through her cheesy thoughts. Pulling her closer by her waist gracefully, he kissed her lips and she kissed him back. While their tongues tangled she raised her foot of the ground. He broke apart a minute later holding back his laugh. 

"Had your moment?"

She snaked her arms around his neck. "Our moment."

"I have something better in mind." He winked pulling her and leaning her downwards in the famous RK pose. 

She smiled, her cheeks heating up. He claimed her lips. She held on tighter to him, kissing him back.

He got her back up straight. "You can be romantic too." She commented.

He chuckled. "I am more romantic between us two."

"No..you are the kinky one. I am the romantic one!"

He laughed. Cupping her face. "Love you .." 

"Now who's getting emotional?"

"I just can't have enough of being with you. I was an idiot to be away for so long. I missed..in fact stole so many such moments. Missed so much of you..."

"I have....something." She said meeting his eyes excitedly.

Hand in hand they walked back. With their trophies in hand. They had won much more

Once in the room Anika got out her diary. He looked at her curiously. 

" When you left, I knew you'd miss on so much. So I started writing this. Thought I'd give you this when you came back. But then..." Her voice trailed off.

"It's okay Anika. I am glad you did this. " he took the diary from her hand. "Let me guess the number of I miss you written. "

Anika blushed. Then pausing her smile she held his hand. " There may be few things that hurt you... I be written all my insecurities.. All my anger...everything. "

"Anika, I..."

"Let me will you. " she frowned shutting his mouth with her palm. 

"I will give you every right to be mad at me. Every chance to get even with me. But please don't... Let us go back there. Don't go back to the dark hole of the insecurity."

He pulled her close. "Never."

"But, now that you've given me right to be mad, and get even, let me tell you you'll have a hard time Mrs.Oberoi.  " he kissed her cheeks. 

She blushed. "Shivaay!"

"Anika!" He mimicked her.

Five and A Half  Years Later :

"See you!" He kissed his mother, then his wife, then his daughter. And was almost about to kiss his father as well. 

"Come on. Shivaay. Don't be partial!" Shakti said laughing.

Shivaay laughed kissing his dad on the cheek as well.

He looked at Anika and then at his three year old daughter. The image was so perfect. He was going for a week long business trip and was still unsure. Once he had made a mistake not again. He continuously kept asking her if she was fine and she'd only roll her eyes saying she was. A few things always stayed for ever. Those two months when he had returned from US were like that. 

"Mom..did I give you my passport?" He enquired. 

"No did you."

"Please check. Anika you check." He pretended to not he it. 

His father helped his mother holding her huge purse while she dug into it. As they got busy he got to his wife's side and quickly pressed his lips against her. She gaped at him the moment he broke away. She looked at him scoldingly. He winked, touching the junction of her neck and shoulder. They had made love crazily last night. He kissed the mark. "Shivaay, we are at the airport!" She whispered. 

"Thanks I thought we were at the port." 

She narrowed her eyes at him. He took his little princess on his arms giving her a hug and kissing her forehead. "Love you beta!" 

She smiled shyly just like her mother hugging him and hiding her face in his shoulder. She was like him at most habits. Like, playing with Anika's hair, annoying Anika, and kissing Anika. Totally like him. She had her mother's eyes, and nose. While her jaw part was a replica of his dad. He often joked with Anika, that she was born when Anika was over him while love making. Obviously, he received smacks every time he said it. The interesting part was little Aashi always clapped at that. 

"Call me once you reach!" Anika took her daughter back and the trio hugged. She kissed his cheek. Their eyes locked and they knew they were together at this. 

"Mom, mom. I found it." He waved his passport. 

"See I told you Shakti Ji, I have eaten many almonds, it's only you getting old I am still young."

Anika and Shivaay looked at each other laughing. To see this couple grow older was a treat. They only imagined what they'd be like. She was sure Shivaay would still have the raunchy comments on. 

While she waved at him, her daughter began crying." Aashi, Papa will come back soon then we will go to see horses. Aashi loves horses, right?"

The little girl frowned and then making a cute annoyed face like her father, decided to be cross. Anika smoked as Pinky began how Shivaay was the same.

* * *

"Aashi that's the laptop screen!" Anika screamed.

"Papa is here.  Why I can't touch him!" She pouted. Trying to hit the screen of the laptop again. 

"Ahh..Aashi.."

"Anika relax. " he said from the other end. "I think she is sleepy. Put her to sleep then we will talk. "

"Yes your spoilt princess won't let me."

He chuckled. 

Later, Anika connected the video call again. "God she is such a tantrum queen."

"Like you!" He chuckled.

"No. Like you Mr. " she said lying back and taking the laptop and placing it above the pillow on her thighs.

" Ahh Anika what are you doing?" 

"Nothing pike what you are thinking, husband."

"Damn. "

"By the way I am going for Yoga classes from tomorrow. I am done with this extra weight and flabs. "

"No you look sexy." 

"Sweet of you, Mr.SSO. But I look being healthy. Besides you better not eat high cholesterol stuff."

"Oh God. Not again Anika. Oh yes, you won't believe it. The woman I am working with is so hot and drop dead gorgeous. You must really take inspiration from her."

She sat up straight. Her mind was equipped to shoot daggers at him while her heart knew he was up to mischief.

"Shivaay!" She screamed.

"Shh Anika..Aashi is sleeping! Oh wait I have a photo with her."

What? Photo?

He showed her the photo and she couldn't help but allow that smile to form. This man was bundle of cuteness at times. 

"Mr. Come back home, I am keeping track of the smacks. "

"Ahh..I heard spanks."

"Shut up Shivaay. And you better not get any gift. This is a warning. " his gifts were only night wear. Not the kind she could wear before anyone except him. A year back he had made a short four day trip to Singapore. Anika couldn't have felt better about how strong she was. Time taught a lot. 

"Okay , but for Aashi."

"No. You never get her size right. "

He frowned "Fine."

"We both love chocolates." She said suggestively.

He smiled. "Chocolates it is. Even I love them." He winked. 

"Alright then you sleep. " he said noticing her sleepy eyes.

"Love you."

"Love you too!"

This was the best part. They never used the -I- . That was the beauty of love. It taught them that it wasn't all about -I- but the Love that mattered. They couldn't ask for a better life. They were truly blessed. Blessed to have found love in each other and a happy family.

Love was magic,

And that magic made their life bliss.

They were most thankful to those early insecurities in their married life. It taught them a lot about life and love. Through the thick and thin they were always by each other's side to hold the other when they met a fall and pick them back up. Smaller insecurities came along the way, but they very well knew the art of –

Kissing Away Insecurities!

T H E   E N D

And I hit my hat-trick today.  Three parts in a day!

My gratitude for all your love you've given me cannot be expressed in the 'Thank You' s I say.

Yet,

A Big Thank you!

Love

-Anami! 💜

• • • 

--Do share the story if you liked it, 

To give it a bigger audience!--

-- Thank You --

For Taking Out Your Precious Time and Reading

For Making It A Point To Vote on Every Chapter.

[ Please do vote on all the chapters if you haven't it will help the book reach a larger audience ]

It means a lot to me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 7.6K 43
When Neha's parents decided to marry her off. She does not have any option other than marrying him. But when he didn't talk to her atleast for once...
467K 22.3K 73
Book 2 of New Beginnings. Rank #1 in general fiction (14/9/23) Rank#6 in romance (21/6/2022) Rank #1 in general fiction (22/9/2021 & 22/7/2022) Rank...
616K 50.2K 72
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
618K 47K 50
[Contains Mature Scenes] Sometimes we do things in the spur of the moment. No thought put into it, whatsoever! Started : 24th Feb, 2020. Completed :...