Don't Tell Anyone

By SweetDisposition18

Alexander grabbed my hand and practically dragged me through the crowd, into a hallway and then opened a rand... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
HELP ME OUT
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
❤️Update❤️
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 13

23.3K 468 91
By SweetDisposition18

“I’m calling the cops.” Alex said, you could hear the anger boiling in him. I was too shocked to feel anything. Charlotte had damaged my car and now my house, I didn’t feel safe at all. “Get dressed Madeline.” He said as he dialed. I finally woke up from my shocked state and walked into the bedroom pulling on some jeans and tied my hair pack.

            “They are on their way.” I heard Alex inform Jason. I went into the bathroom and drained the now cold bath water, watching it get sucked down the drain.

            If this was only the beginning then what could she do next? Hurt me? Hurt my brother? She wouldn’t hurt Alex. What if she burned my house down? I got goose bumps from the thought of that. I needed to go some place, some place far and away from her crazy ass.

            “Mads?” Jason interrupted my deep thought, well more like deep worrying.

            “Yeah?”

            “The police are here.”

Two long tired hours later the police left with our statements and pictures of the place. I went into my bedroom and started packing clothes, “Where are we going?” Jason asked leaning on the doorway.

            “We can find a motel near dad.” – “That’s far enough from here.”

He was quite for so long I thought he had left but his voice made me jump, “Does he know?”

            I turned around with my bag ready to go, “No.”

I walked past him and set my bag near the door. Alex looked up from his phone and quirked a brow, “You and your brother are going to stay with me.”

            “No, we’re going to find a motel near my dad and then we are going to see my dad tomorrow, well I guess today.” I say checking the time, it was just past 1 am.

            “Then I’m going with you.” He shrugged which made me extremely nervous. He may not know what happened but I was going to have to tell him now.

            “I got two rooms, that ok?” Jason asked coming towards Alex and I.

            “Yeah.” I snatched a room key from his hand and found my room budging in and dropping my things. I was beyond tired and was ready to pass out. I threw off my shoes and flopped into the big bed. I heard Alex creep inside the room and follow my actions before getting into bed.

            “We’ll be fine.” He soothed me while rubbing my back but I still didn’t feel safe, what if she followed us? What if she was watching us? “Hey calm down.” He turned me to face him and I felt tears prickle my eyes.

            “It’s only going to get worse.”

He pulled me into a hug and held me, and for a split moment I felt safe.

            “Hey drool face get up. Its time to go visit dad.” I heard Jason tease as he poked my cheek. I slapped his hand from my face earning laughter from him and Alex who was now behind him towel drying his hair.

            “I do not drool.” I whined as I rolled over away from them. They only laughed more, “Can you throw me my jeans please.” I ask tone of them.

            “You’re changing in bed?” Alex teased.

            “It’s warm.” I whined again and this time we all laughed.

We were on the road driving towards dad when Alex started asking questions, “So tell me about your dad.” Jason was driving, Alex was in the passenger seat and I was in the back chewing away at my nails.

            “Has a thing for cars, he use to take me and Mads to his shop and we’d all work on cars fixing them together while he played the oldest music out there.” Jason laughed. I remember the memory but I also remember it was something I didn’t like to do, it was more Jason and dad’s thing.

            “He use to watch all those game shows and make the rest of us watch them during family time. We’d all play along together.” I smiled at the memory; it was a fun time when he would put on the game shows and let us stay up late with him.

            “Great man, great dad.” Jason agreed.

We were quite for a minute, “Couldn’t sing for shit.” Jason commented which sent me into laughter and Alex laughed along.

            “We’re here.” Jason announced.

            “Why are we at a cemetery?” Alex asked.

            “This is where he’s buried.” I said my voice monotone.

We walked to his head stone, one Alex and I worked our ass of paying for. When we got there flowers from his birthday sat there rotting. I sat down in front of hit and picked off some dead leaves and twigs. Jason sat next to me and slung his arm around me pulling me close.

            “Hey pops.” Jason greeted. I looked at Jason who tried to smile but you could see the sadness weighing it down. My own emotions were running wild but I had to be strong for my little brother.

            “Hi daddy.” I squeaked. I looked over at Alex who was still standing off to the side, not sure how to approach this. I reached out my hand towards him and he walked next to me and knelt down taking my hand. “Daddy this is Alex.” I introduced.

            “Hello Mr. Winters.” Alex greeted in a whisper. I smiled the best I could at Alex, he was so perfect. Here he was expecting to met an actual live living human but was thrown this curveball and is acting calm, cool and collected.

            “It’s been another year,” – Jason started – “Another year of missing you.” He finished in barely a whisper.

            “I’m not going to say Daisy wishes she could be here because I honestly don’t know, I haven’t really talked to her much.” – “Mom either.” I commented.

            We sat there all together just breathing and trying to think straight.

            “I’ve met a girl.” Jason laughed wiping a runaway tear, “God you would have loved her. Total babe and loves cars.” – “She’s working on this old Alfa Romeo Spider, its bright red… It’s amazing.” Jason rested his head on my shoulder signaling he was done and so I took a deep breath.

            “I got my Masters, finally.” – I rolled my eyes – “In business, sorry it wasn't engineering but you always told me to do what I love.” I looked at Alex, “I also met someone.” This time Alex met my eyes and smirked, “He’s a teacher, totally into some weird stuff – ” Alex lightly shoved my shoulder, “But I really like him.” I admitted. I rested my head on Alex’s shoulder and I didn’t know if he wanted to talk but it the floor was open.

            “Your daughter is amazing, son too.” Jason and I looked at Alex, and we looked at him with the most amount of admiration. “I want you to rest assure I will look after Madeline with my life and try to keep Jason out of trouble.” Jason laughed and Alex smiled at me, “I really like your daughter even if she pushes my buttons.” He squeezed my hand, which I returned, and he kissed the top of my head.

            We sat there all in a row comforting each other and not uttering a word. It was a comfortable silence and I couldn’t imagine toady without Alex by my side, it was even better to have my little brother here to see dad. It felt like he was here, sitting with us and hugging me and telling me it was going to be okay, and for a minute I believed it. The silence broke and the comfort was gone.

            “Hey dad.”

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ahhhhhhhh what do you guys think? So yes her dad is dead and yes you will find out the whole story later on!

Please vote and tell me what you think, I really cherish when you guys leave a comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 2.1K 69
This is the NEW version of Owning Her, the old one is still up on my page!! "So Professor Jones, does this mean that we are an actual thing now?" "Pr...
777K 20.2K 47
"Watch it." "Watch it," I mock him in a whisper, feeling brave. Suddenly, he gets up from his stool and stalks towards me. His large frame towering o...
133K 1.6K 48
\\Please do not copy me!\\ ------------------------------------------------------------ The bell rings and I have to find my way to G3. 'G3... G3..' ...
970K 17.6K 47
I stared at him for a moment and he did the same, both of us daring the other to say one more smart remark. "Don't you have a class to teach?" I ask...