Sadly, I'm In Love With You (...

By __1Ren1__

Natalie Holt is a Boston Globe sports journalist, who just so happens to run into Chris Evans at a Red Sox ga... More

Sadly I'm In Love With You (Chris Evans Fan-Fic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26: Finale
Important Message to Readers
The Sequel is Up
Cover Challenge
thank you.

Chapter 7

17.6K 263 127
By __1Ren1__

Natalie's P.O.V

Only seconds after Chris knocked on the door, a middle aged lady opened the door with a heart warming smile. "Chris! Honey, there for a minute we thought you weren't going to come!" The woman I was guessing was his Mother said in a excited like tone.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Ma." Chris said with a smile, whilst giving his mom a hug.

I smiled to myself, as I watched Chris and his mom talk and catch up with each other before she introduced herself to me. "Oh, how rude of me. Hello, I'm Lisa Evans, Chris's Mother!" Lisa said with a huge genuine smile. "And..... You must be Natalie Holt?" She trailed off, and then asked.

"Yes, that would be me, it's so nice to finally meet you." I stated with genuine happiness.

"Well, it's nice to meet you too, honey. I'm so glad you decided to come with Chris today." She replied with the same smile.

After speaking quickly, and finishing introductions she led us inside the house. As we walked through the nice, decorated house, I couldn't help but look at all the family photos. We abruptly stopped at an arch way that led into a good sized room, furnished with a nice brown sectional couch, a tan lounge chair, and a large plasma t.v that hung on the wall.

As Chris and I made our way over the couch, I noticed some voices I didn't recognize. When the voices got closer, Chris gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. Finally the voices got close enough to hear, but they completely stopped. After they completely stopped, a guy that looked a lot like Chris, and two women I assumed were his sisters, walked in.

The guy that I assumed was Chris's brother quickly made his way over to the couch, where he plopped down beside me. "Hey, I'm Scott Chris's brother, and you must be Natalie?" Scott, Chris's brother said in a very happy tone.

"That would be me!" I replied happily.

"Wow, I can't believe how pretty you are, Chris has never had a girlfriend as pretty as you." I blushed as he made the statement.

"Oh, thank you, that's really sweet." I said with a smile, and a flushed feeling.

The next person to speak to me was a one of the girls I assumed was Chris's sister. "Hi Natalie, I'm Carly, Chris's sister."

"Hello, it's so nice to meet you, and you are?" I replied, and then asked to the girl that sat beside of Carly.

"I'm Shanna, Chris's other sister!" Shanna said with a genuine smile.

Everyone in Chris's family was so nice, I was really surprised. The only family I had not yet met was Chris's father, Bob. Apparently, Bob was a dentist in Sudbury and he hadn't gotten off work yet.

About 30 minutes later, dinner was not yet done, and Chris's father had just arrived. When he finally walked into the family room, I could see where Chris got some of his looks, but honestly most of them came from his mother. Since there were no available seats on the sectional couch, Bob took a seat on the tan lounge chair, and turned on the t.v. After skimming through the channels Chris's father changed the channel to Espn, where of course the topic was the Boston Red Sox. "I see you like the Red Sox?" Bob stated more as a question.

"Yeah, I have been ever since I was little." I replied with a smile.

"I've heard a lot about you Natalie....." Bob said trailing off, obviously because he didn't know my last name. "I'm sorry, I'm really horrible with names, and I can't place your last name?"

"It's Holt." I replied with a laugh, and a smile.

"Any relation to Michael Holt?" Bob asked, with a curious look on his face. "I was just wondering because I heard his youngest son got signed to the Red Sox." He then added.

"Michael is actually my Dad..." I said before I got cut off by Chris.

"Dad, we've been over this Brock is Natalie's younger brother." Chris said with a serious tone to his voice.

"Son, I was just asking her a question, don't get smart with me." Bob said to Chris with a stern look.

In that moment felt sorry Chris, it was my fault, I should have spoken quicker. Just as I was about to speak up for Chris, Lisa called from the dining room that dinner was ready.

When the family started to clear out of the family room, I stayed back so I could apologize to Chris. Right before Chris passed me, I grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry that I caused some trouble between you and your Dad." I said with a frown.

"It's not your fault, I've been telling him for weeks that you are Brock's sister and Michael's daughter, but every time I tell him, he doesn't seem to listen." Chris replied with a sweet, genuine smile.

"No, it is my fault, Chris." I stated in a low tone.

Chris didn't reply, but he instead kissed me passionately. About ten seconds, it was getting a little too heated, so I stopped it. "Chris, we should stop..." I stated slightly trailing off, as he left a trail of kisses down my neck. Honestly I didn't want it to stop, but I knew it had to.

"Okay, but I bet you'll want to finish later, am I right?" Chris asked cockily.

"In your dreams, buddy boy." I replied as I gently but kind of forcefully pushed him towards the way his family had walked.

"Whatever you say." Chris said, as he grabbed my hand and led me to his family dining room.

When we arrived in the dining room Lisa was arranging plates on the table, and waiting for Chris and I to sit down in our designated spaces. Chris and I took our spots beside each other, and watched as Lisa sat down plates in front of each of us. Scott was sitting beside me, and he kept giving me the same weird smirk. "What?" I whispered.

"Your lips are swollen, and red." Scott whispered in reply, with the same smirk.

"Your kidding?" I asked totally embarrassed by my stupidity.

"Nope, and it looks like your getting a hickey." Scott replied seriously.

I blushed in an embarrassed way, and kicked Chris's leg. "If you'll excuse me, I need to go to the restroom." I said slightly embarrassed.

"Down at the end of the hall, on the left." Lisa stated with a smile. 

I rushed to the end of the hall, and opened and closed the bathroom door quickly. I leaned on the door exasperated. Just as I was about to get up from leaning on the door, someone barged in pushing me with the door. "What's wrong?" Chris asked, concerned.

"Can't you see what you did?" I asked, infuriated by his ignorance, while pointing at the fresh hickey.

"Oh." Chris said with a shy look on his face.

"Yeah, oh, how do you think I feel? I have to sit at dinner with your parents with this thing." I said, once again pointing at the purple bruise. "Thanks, Chris." I added.

After covering the blemish with a little bit of concealer, that I found in one of the drawers, I quickly made my way back to the dining room. I sat down briskly, and waited for the food to be passed around. Once everyone was done passing around all of the dishes of food, everyone started to eat there food in silence. 

Once everyone was done eating, we made our way back to the family room, and sat and talked for a couple of hours. 

By the time we were done visiting Chris's family, I felt like Lisa was more of a Mother figure than my Mother ever was. And, I felt as if I had known Chris's siblings my whole life. Chris was lucky he had such a great and loving family. My family on the other hand, was kind of broken, Brock, my Dad, and I got along, but of course my Mom and her first born Layne were in their own little group.

When we left the house, we quickly drove back to Boston. Sadly, I still had to pack for the trip, and I was kind of ashamed I hadn't yet, especially since I was so excited to go.

"Have you packed yet?" I asked seriously.

"Nope, have you?" He asked in reply to my question.

"No, that's what I have to do tonight." I replied nonchalantly.

"Oh, I see, slacker." Chris said, and in return got a slap on the arm.

"Oh really, you haven't packed either." I stated in a cocky tone. "So who is the real slacker?" I added.

"Actually, if you think critically we both are." Chris stated with a laugh.

As Chris pulled in front of my apartment, he looked at me with a questioning look. "What?" I asked with curiosity.

"Why don't you stay with me tonight?" Chris asked with a serious look on his face.

That statement really scared me, but it also made me want to know why he wanted me to stay with him tonight, anything could happen. "Chris, I still haven't packed..." I stated trailing off.

"Neither have I, please come home with me, our flight doesn't leave until 3 tomorrow." Chris replied with the same serious look.

"Okay, but let me go get some pajamas and my toothbrush." I said with a smile.

I quickly jumped out of his car, and practically ran up my stairs to unlock my door. Once I had unlocked my door, I ran up the stairs, and into my room where I grabbed a pair of pajama pants, an old tank top, my toothbrush, and my phone charger. After I had finished collecting my necessities, I once again practically ran to Chris's car. When I had reached his car, I quickly jumped back in, and we drove across town to his apartment. 

When we arrived at his apartment, Chris quickly jumped out of the car, and made his way over to my side of the car to open the door for me. After I was out of the car, Chris grabbed my hand and led me through his door, and up the stairs to his bedroom. Chris quickly grabbed the items I was holding in my hands and put them in the white chair, that sat across the room from his king sized bed. "I love you, and before we go I want to show you how much you really mean to me, before we go." Chris stated seriously as I sat down on the bed.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused facial expression.

Chris then got down on one knee in front of me. "I want you to marry me. I've known you were the one since the first time I laid eyes on you at Fenway. You were and are everything I wish to become, strong, smart, and a person that doesn't care to laugh at yourself. I know we've only been dating for about 4 months, but I want to do this, and I hope you feel the same way. And, if it's too soon, I'll wait as long as it takes for you to accept this proposal." Chris said with the sweetest and most genuine smile on his face that I had ever seen in my whole life, whilst he popped open a black velvet box with a large Tiffany engagement ring inside.

"How could I say no...." I said trailing off, as tears starting rolling down my face. But, then I remember what my Mother used to tell me when we would watch all the princess movies, Marry in haste, repent in leisure, and that made me cry even harder. I didn't want to spoil our relationship if we married each other too early, and it really scared me to even think about it.

A/N

Sorry Cliffhanger, but what do you guys think is it too early for them to get engaged, or should they become engaged? I need your opinions guys, because I am going to start the next chapter tomorrow. 

But anyway, thanks again for the comments and all the votes you leave on the chapters, it really means a lot to me. You guys are the absolute best!

-XOXO, Nicole

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.7K 36
~~Completed~~ Chris Evans gets a new personal trainer in downtown Boston. He soon becomes intrigued by the female owner of the gym (Natalie) as they...
67.8K 2.4K 22
After a promising first date, L sends a follow-up text, only to mistakenly reach someone else. This accidental connection triggers a curiosity in L:...
2.3M 49.1K 119
Y/n is an aspiring actress, who has recently finished filming a movie with Tom Holland. After multiple press tours and interviews, Tom and Y/n are wr...
199K 4.2K 31
"It's you." "Um, yep it's me." "I found you."