Spy School: Clash of Spies

By smh204

There's a new girl at Spy School who is as good, maybe even better, than the great Erica Hale. Erica, obvious... More

Audrey
Target Practice
Spying on Friends? Again?
Note
Finale
Truth
Operation Yeasty Meerkat
Sketchy White Van
Tower of Actual Terror
That distant, bitter relative
'The Interrogator'
Why do you have your I-figured-out-their-plan look on?
Thermonuclear Weapons
Fatal Mistake
Bad Fortune Cookie
The Office (Not the TV show)
Rump Towers
I've Been Tagged
Creepy Playground
Betrayal...?
Bombs With A Side of Betrayal
Last Seconds on Earth
Duke It Out
Family is Everything
Road Trip
Everything is Okay
Authors Final Note

Capture the Flag

7.1K 70 71
By smh204

Hello! This is my brand new Spy School Fanfiction! This story's been rattling around in my head for a while, so I'm so glad I'm finally putting it in print! I did a SS FF in the past and had so much fun with it! (PS This started on FanFiction but I have moved to Wattpad as well)

To be clear, this does not in any way correlate with my other one, Spy School Turns Evil, and this is in between Spy School Secret Service and Spy School Goes South.

I am a writer that doesn't believe in super long chapters, but believes in shorter updates. I will try to post every one to four (at the most) days. I do shorter chapters and quicker updates. And let me promise you: I WILL FINISH MY STORIES! I get so annoyed when I like a story but the writer doesn't and discontinuous it. No matter how bad I think it is, I will finish it.

Finally, I LOVE comments and reviews! :) I am still in middle school, thus my writing isn't amazing, so I love to hear from my senior writers and readers that enjoy or have constructive criticism about my work.

Anyway, please enjoy my new Spy School story, Clash of Spies! :)

I scrambled through the forest, vegetation tearing at my knees. Clutching my gun, I stumbled over a root, rolling and falling down the hill. Bullets raced over my head, and I dodged them quickly. The smell of latex filled the air.

Another paintball splattered on the ground next to me and I scrambled for cover. Finding none, I was an easy target for my shooter. I tried to run, but no such luck. The paintball whacked me on the back and another on my leg. The impact made me fall and I crashed to the ground. Even though I was "dead" in my school paintball fight, I didn't care. I whooped in joy because finals were over! After two long, grueling weeks, I had finally taken all my exams from my second year of The Academy of Espionage. I was on to my third year of Spy School. I honestly couldn't believe I was alive this long. Evil organizations repeatedly tried to kill me with missiles, guns, bombs and virally everything else. Even though that sucked, Spy School was way better than my old middle school.

I whipped my head around, trying to pinpoint my attacker. In a tree, about eighty yards away, I saw her. Erica Hale. Gun cocked, she was sniping people from her tree. Erica just finished her fourth year of Spy School and was going onto her fifth, though technically she was in the business longer than all of us. Her great-great-great... something grandfather was none only than Nathan Hale himself. Her family were all talented spies for generations and even though she was over eighty yards away, she still hit me dead on. Not only is Erica super talented, she is also stunningly beautiful. She has dark, wavy hair, piercing blue eyes, and perfect bone structure. She also could render twenty heavily armed men unconscious in a matter of seconds. My ideal women. My first gigantic crush. The only con was that she had no emotion at all or even didn't want to have any friends. She called friends and relationships a 'liability in the spy world', which I guess was true. I am the closest thing anyone would call a friend of hers, and I haven't talked to her in over three weeks. She is known throughout the school as the "Ice Queen", meaning she is always icy, which is also true.

But recently, she has been even more icier than usual, which scared everyone at school. Erica doesn't like to share emotions or show them, no matter what was going on, so her being upset was unsettling. There was rumors spreading around that she flunked one of her exams, but I knew that was all speculation. Erica had never gotten anything lower than an A+ at this school, whereas I am a D- average student. Give me regular school, I'll give you an A+. Spy School? If I got an A it would be a miracle. She was acting like this even before exams and finals even started.

Anyway, Erica was even more snappish to the few people she talked to and was giving everyone the cold shoulder. I was shocked when she agreed to play this war game. This game wasn't assigned by the professors and it was a fun way to let loose after the finals everyone was stressing about. Practically the whole school was involved and it was a lot of fun. But Erica never does anything like this. When she said yes, I was pleasantly surprised. If Erica has any free time, you'll probably find her in the Target Range or Training Center.

As I was heading to the "morgue" (tents on sideline of the battlefield), I noticed a great deal of people from my team heading towards the tents because they were shot. There were a significant amount, even more than usual, and they were all saying Erica had shot them. I wasn't surprised, I knew Erica was capable of this, but I was surprised she did it. She knew she could win with her on one team and the rest of the school on the other, but as she claims, "It takes the fun out of everything."

We were losing by a lot and most of my team was here. We looked up and saw Erica still in that same tree, still sniping people left and right. They were taken by surprise, thinking no one was around and suddenly have a paintball on their chest. The morgue was filling up and a lot of people from my team, the blue team, and they were spitting curses at her. I saw my friend Mike come around a bush with a bright red splat on his shirt.

He grinned sheepishly, "Hey Ben, what's up?" Mike is my best friend. I had known him since we were babies and while I grew up to be some unpopular, awkward kid, he grew up to be popular, a star athlete and ladies man. At my old middle school, he dated the most pretty and popular girl there. Mike always took the easy classes for the easy A and was a star pitcher on the school baseball team. He was recruited to the school during a mission in Colorado, and had to actually challenge himself at Spy School. But he was doing well because of his outside-the-box thinking and athletic abilities. Before Mike knew anything about Erica and her lack of emotions, he tried to ask her out because she was so hot, thinking All the ladies love me; I'm cute and charming and received a punch in the throat and a decisive no. He quickly got over her.

"Not much. You got killed by Erica?" I asked. He nodded and smiled.

"I think everyone here was killed by Erica." He replied. I shrugged.

"How was your finals?" I asked Mike.

"Good, I think. The weaponry one was questionable; I totally forgot about studying for the bow and arrow part. But I actually defused my bomb under twenty minutes, so that should give me a good score. How about you?" Mike grinned.

I didn't want to mention the fact it took me over a hour to defuse my bomb.

I gave a fake smile, "Good as well."

"Okay, good. Oh!" Mike turned to face me with a look of excitement on his features, "I heard a rumor today! Apparently, the word on the street is that there is a new girl at the school, but she was so talented, she's going to be starting the new year as a fourth year! Can you believe it? She must be Erica good, maybe even better!" This took me by surprise. Even Erica didn't skip a ton of grades when she got here. She started as sophomore.

"What are you losers talking about?" My friend Jawa asked with a playful smile as he walked over. He, too, was splattered with red but this time it was more of a surprise. Jawa is smart, fun and athletic. He is a wonderful spy and can handle a gun very well. He isn't the type to go out early.

"You're already out?" I asked.

"Yeah," he sighed, "Erica's been taking people out left and right. She got me. The game's almost over actually. Erica's strategy is to take everyone on our team out before she even attempts to grab the flag. She's being a poor sport about it all. If you don't want to play, then don't play. Don't ruin it for everyone." Mike and I nodded in agreement.

"Well, Ben and I were talking about this rumor about a new girl at Spy School." Mike said.

"Rumor?" Jawa snorted, "For a bunch of spies, you guys should know this. It's no rumor. The girl is real, and a stunner. She's in my grade. She did so well on her introduction SACCA's that she skipped so many grades. She got high marks on different categories as well. I met her yesterday and she's in some of my classes. I was meaning to introduce her to you guys."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, to start, she's a one hot girl. Also, she's about my age, but Mike, didn't you start as a first year even though you were the same age as Ben when he was a second year?" Mike nodded.

"Yeah. This girl went straight to a frickin fourth year! I worked my ass off to get here and she gets to waltz in and start as a fourth year! Anyway, you should meet her." Jawa smiled.

Mike grinned eagerly. I was fairly sure he didn't hear anything else Jawa said other than that she was hot.

"I'd love too." I said for the both of us.

As Jawa was about to reply, I heard booing and curses coming from both teams. We looked over and saw our whole blue team on the sidelines. There were virtually no red players in the tent, but it doesn't mean they were happy about Erica making it a one-man show.

Erica was scrambling down the tree and ran over to where the blue team flag was stored. Some first year had picked it up and was planning to return it, but she ripped it out of his hands in a menacing fashion and walked over to the tents.

"Wow," Mike whispered, "That was like the fastest capture the flag game ever." I agreed. These games normally last around one or two hours; this was over in around a half an hour, courtesy of Erica Hale.

The red team started walking back as well. All around me, I heard whispered curses and grumbles at Erica. None of them were loud enough to reach her ears though. She stormed over and practically threw the blue flag at our team.

"There you go. Game over." She snapped at all of us. Everyone looked pissed, but no one had the guts to say anything. Everyone except Greg and Chip.

The hunks of meat stormed over to where Erica was standing and everyone started crowding around, both teams alike, expecting a fight.

"What the hell?" Greg snarled, fists balled up.

Chip was my friend and Greg was Chip's friend. They are both a whole lot of brawn and very little brain. Chip was really handsome and I could see no sign that he hit puberty on his body. He has sand colored hair and he had a perfect tan, despite being in Washington DC. If I were to draw a stereotypical spy, I would draw him.

Greg, however, was not nearly as good looking as Chip. It seemed as if puberty never left Greg. He had ugly pimples all over his face and his hair was a greasy mess. Heck, I've been at this school for over two years now and never once seen him enter the shower. But he was an exceptional fighter, mostly because of his big build.

Anyway, Erica whirled around and gave Greg and Chip a death stare. "Excuse me?"

"What's your problem? If you didn't want to play, then don't! Don't ruin it for everyone! It's not fun for the red team or our team if you're just sniping people from a tree, making it a solo game! You're such a jerk!" Greg snarled in her face. Everyone's eyes widened and thought Greg was dead. They silently started making bets.

Erica was just going to walk away and take the high road, but stopped short when she heard Greg call her an jerk. No one spoke to Erica in this way.

"What did you call me?" Her voice was dangerously calm. Some teachers started to come over to see what was going on and instead of being good teachers and stopping it, they started making their own bets.

"You heard me." Greg stood his ground. Chip noticed the change in tide and backed quietly back into the crowd.

"You have one second to apologize or I'm going to make you sorry." Erica growled.

Mike, having guts, and an idiotic brain, tried to break it up. He walked between them.

"Hey, hey, now. It was just a game. No need to get physical." People around him started to hiss at him to get out of the way, so they could win money in the bets.

Erica accepted this, gave Greg a dark look and started to turn around, away from the fight.

Greg, however, was getting madder. He shoved Mike hard, making him stumble into the crowd where someone caught him. Greg even went as far as to grab Erica's arm as she turned away.

"Come back her here, princess." Greg snarled, "I've always wanted to fight you. You're just an overshot, weak moron." Again, Greg's vocabulary wasn't the smartest. I saw Erica stiffen at the touch (she never touched anyone unless in combat.) I got worried. I saw where this was going. This was going to be a full-fledged brawl.

Erica turned around quickly, bring her fist with her. Her free arm smashed into Greg's throat. He gasped and stumbled back, letting her go. Instead of someone catching him from the crowd, they all backed up and let him thud to the ground. He swore.

I expected Erica to go away now, since he was down, but to my dread, she stayed put. Greg attempted to go for her legs from his awkward position, but she quickly jumped away. Greg staggered to his feet, fury etched in his expression. Not really thinking, he charged her. Erica used his momentum against him and she slid away. As he was falling, Erica quickly grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. He whimpered. She forced him to his knees.

"Don't touch me. Don't come near me. And don't talk to me, or I'll do worse to you." Erica pushed him down farther. Instead of surrendering, he spit on her shoes. That was it for Erica.

She flipped him on his back and put her boot right on his neck and started to push. Greg gasped for air. Alarmed, people around started to talk to Erica to try to get her release Greg. She took her foot off his neck and started to kick him. Legs, ribs, armpit, nuts. People tried to pry her off of him, but she just kicked them away. I was more than surprised. Even though Erica is talented at what she does, she doesn't like to hurt people, or so I thought. I thought she would walk away after he was down, but she kept kicking him, like a bully. My crush for her was diminishing.

Finally, with one swift kick, she knocked Greg out. Without looking at anyone, she broke away from the circle and disappeared into the Nathan Hale building.

XXX

"Woah." Jawa looked frightened as we walked toward the library.

"Yeah, I know." I shook a little bit.

"Wonder what sent her into this rage. It wasn't Greg; I could tell. Something else is bugging her and she took it out on Greg." I nodded. Greg wasn't her issue.

"She's been icier and colder than usual. I wonder what's up. Normally Erica doesn't display this much emotion. It's extreme, even for Erica, to ruin a capture the flag game in such an unsportsmanlike manner. Just sniping people from a tree doesn't make it a fun game and even Erica knows it."

"Eh. Whatever. I don't care that much. I texted Audrey. She said she was in the library. I'm excited for you to meet her." Jawa checked his phone. Audrey must be the new girl. I thought.

As we walked into the library, I spotted Mike talking to someone. As I got closer, I stopped dead in my tracks and my heart skipped a beat. She was gorgeous.

There is my first chapter! Let me know what you think of this new story! I LOVE to hear your thoughts and I will try to respond!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 331 13
Benjamin Ripley was learning fast. He is the second best spy in training in the entire school, just ahead of Joshua Hallal, and behind the most amazi...
15.5K 90 22
With all of their enemies bearing down on them, Agents Ben Ripley and Erica Hale go on the offensive to track them down. They'll need the help of the...
190K 1.7K 36
3 years after Ben's first mission, he disappeared. He didn't leave a letter or a note, just ran away, not to be seen again. His friend looked everywh...
52.1K 548 26
Ben Ripley is living a normal, perfect life. Three months have passed since he and his team defeated SPYDER. Suddenly, SPYDER's back. With an unknown...