Agent 1 (Book 3)

By Quidam13

"What makes you think we can trust this Agent 1 guy?" "I-uh, I knew him before he was an agent...he's trustwo... More

Description/Author's Note
Character List
1. I'm coming for you
2. I need to find a louder gator
3. I blame you entirely for that
4. That's the understatement of the century
5. Hey guys
6. I'm so glad she's on our side
7. Do something about it yourself
8. I can't hear you
9. Oh we didn't miss it
10. It seriously wasn't me this time
11. And not even I'm stupid enough to get in the middle of this
12. I'm not taking Sam's gun away
13. Who's next
14. Language Miss Marshal
15. Oh I need to go get some popcorn
16. Just now
17. I'm watching you buddy
18. You make me feel like I did something wrong
19. Bye, bye itsy-bitsy spider
20. I didn't realize they were lost
21. Oh no. Nope. I'm out
Author's Note
22. Are you using me as a human shield
23. A lot worse
24. Coffee and soda
25. You might want to get that fixed
26. And take care of youself, Soda
27. We do go way back. Way back to that hotel room
28. Tell me something I don't know
29. Everyone knows you don't do subtle
30. Keep her away from me
31. It's complicated
32. Fulfill your death wish some other time
33. We've got a problem
34. Bet you didn't see this coming
35. Zero's going to kill you
36. Inspired by what? Your future in hell?
37. You won't be able to protect them forever
38. Not again
40. Whatever happens next is on you
41. I'd watch my back if I were you
42. It's over
Author's Note
Bonus Chapters
Agent 34

39. Look out

39.3K 2.6K 1.1K
By Quidam13

So, this book is coming to an end. Yes I know, so sad, but there's still a few more chapters to go, don't worry.

Also, there's a link in my bio for an app for interactive stories. So if you're interested go check it out, it's free. And if not, then you obviously don't have to check it out. Up to you. It is for Apple products only though. Not Android. Again, that's up to you.

Now, enjoy the chapter!

Thirteen's POV

He eyes me cautiously, like a lion stalking prey, and in the next instant his gun is out and he's firing off shots.

I jump out of the way and duck behind one of the many desks in the room The wood splinters as he continues to fire. The gunshots cease as he runs out of bullets and I leap over the desk and crash right into him, taking him to the ground.

We roll around, each of us getting hits on the other, and I'm able to slash him a couple times with the dagger before he's knocking it away and pulling my dagger from the holster on my side.

Before I can get the dagger back from him, he's driving it into my leg. I bite my tongue to keep from crying out and swing my fist into his face. He digs the dagger in deeper.

"Tell me Thirteen," He says. "Do you have any of your antidote with you?"

Maybe I should be worried about the poison of the dagger, but I'm not. It's slow acting unless the wound is deep and somewhere in the torso, closer to the heart. I'll live from this if I can survive this nightmare first.

"Do you?" I retort and his face darkens, his hand twisting the dagger deeper into my leg.

I pull a knife from my belt and swipe at him. He dodges but barely, I'm able to cut a thin line into his chest. He rolls to his feet and I get to mine, avoiding putting too much pressure on my leg.

"Give it up Everly," He says. "You can't beat me."

I pick up the gold dagger from the floor and he twirls mine around in his hand. "I wouldn't be too sure," I tell him. "You've pissed me off one too many times."

I swipe out with the dagger and he dodges. He brings his leg around to try and knock me to the ground and I jump over it. He swings my dagger around and I block it, bringing my leg up and kicking him in the side. His fist connects with my jaw.

I can't tell how long we're fighting. Constantly dodging, blocking, and landing hits of our own.

I manage to get a good slash across his arm and his fist rams into my stomach and I double over. He brings his knee up into my face and I fall to the floor, the gold dagger falling from my grasp.

He picks it up and twirls it around a couple times before pressing the button on the top. The faint familiar whirring sound starts as the blade begins to spin, like a drill. He slides the silver dagger into his belt.

His smile is deadly. "I think I like this one," He says before swinging his arm down to stab the dagger into my neck.

I catch his wrists in my hands and push back, keeping the blade from piercing my skin.

He pushes down harder and I push back, but he's stronger than me and the dagger is slowly getting closer to my neck.

I continue to hold on to his wrists, pushing back to keep the dagger away from me. I stop pushing back and instead push to the left, the dagger shooting off sparks as it bounces off the concrete floor next to my head.

I swing my leg around and kick him his side and then bring my knee up into his stomach causing him to roll off me. I jump to my feet and he gets to his, gold dagger still in his hand.

"Lift the lockdown," I growl out as he starts to circle me. I match each of his steps with one of my own.

"Sorry," He says mockingly. "No can do. Those doors are staying locked. You can't get them open."

"Watch me," I tell him as I pull a knife from my boot and throw it in one swift motion.

He dodges, but not quick enough and the knife sticks into his arm upper arm instead of his chest. He rips it out and throws it back at me. I manage to duck and it flies over my head, hitting the wall with a clang.

He's charging me and I'm able to dodge the swipes of the dagger and his first two kicks, the third kick slams into my chest and throws me back. I watch as he pulls another gun from a drawer on one of the desks and I just barely manage to jump behind another as bullets fly by me.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. "Shit," I mutter as I pull it out and check the name on the screen. Devin. "Tell me you got the door open," I say as soon as I answer. Bullets spray up the desk and I duck down further.

"Not why I called," Devin says. "And it sounds as if you're having trouble."

"I'll handle it." I take a moment to pop up from my hiding place, throw a knife Garrett's way and then duck behind another desk. "Tell me what's going on."

"Sam wanted me to tell you that the lockdown cannot be lifted. Not even by Garrett. It's set on a timer and will not lift until the time's up. And there's no telling the amount of time Garrett set the lockdown for."

"That's just great," I mutter. "I can try to override the computers, I'm not as good a hacker as Nicky but I can usually manage."

"You can try," Devin says. "But keep in mind you might not have the time you need to do that." His voice lowers. "Sam's not doing well. He's been staying awake for the most part, and Lily had managed to get most of his wounds wrapped, but he's been falling in and out of consciousness now."

"I will get that door open if I have to blow out the entire wall to do it," I tell him. "Try to keep him awake, and keep him alive. I'll get over there as soon as I can."

"Be careful." Devin suddenly gets quiet. "I'm not hearing any more gunshots," He says and I swear as I realize he's right.

I start to move to jump to my feet and figure out where Garrett's moved to when I'm grabbed by my hair and hauled to my feet. Garrett twists the phone from my grasp and throws it into the wall as hard as he can, shattering it.

"Everly, Everly," Garrett tsks. "You should know better than to let your guard down."

I pull my fist back before slamming it into the side of his head. He staggers and his hold on my hair is gone. I reach my hand up to the back of his neck and pull his head down, my knee colliding his face repeatedly until his hands wrap around my waist and throw me back into the desk.

He swings the dagger down and I catch his wrists once again, pushing back hard enough that the handle of the dagger is thrown back into his face. He swears and then starts to bring the dagger down again, his free hand wrapping around my neck and keeping me pinned to the desk.

I have one hand keeping the dagger from stabbing me in the eye, and one hand trying to pry his from around my neck.

"Give up," He says. "You're going to lose."

I can't reply seeing as I how I can barely breathe, so my reply is a hard kick to his shins. His grip loosens slightly, but not enough for me to get loose.

"You're going to have to do better than that," He says, his voice smug and taunting.

"Fine," I manage to choke out. I twist his wrist and shove sideways, the dagger embedding itself into the wood of the desk and I then swing my elbow back into the side of his neck.

He curses and the hold he has on my neck loosens enough for me to twist myself free, my hand still holding onto his wrist. I twist his wrist behind his back and slam him face first into the wall.

He lets out a groan and swings his leg around, catching me in the side and causing me to lose my grip on him.

He throws me back into the wall and pain spreads through me. My body protesting at being thrown around.

His fist slams into my jaw and I stagger back into one of the desks, my hands gripping the sides to keep myself on my feet. I use the desk to hold my weight as I bring both legs up and kick Garrett back full force. He falls to the floor, on his back and I move over him, throwing punches to his face that tries to block.

He rolls us over and begins throwing punches my way and I do my best to block them before rolling us over once more. He manages to get his leg between us and kicks me back.

I get to my feet and move to the desk, pulling the gold dagger out of the wood and twirling it in my hands, matching his steps as he begins to circle. He twirls my dagger around in his hands, his eyes glinting in excitement at the challenge.

At this point, I'm just wishing Lily were here to blow the bastard to kingdom come.

"You never did know when to run away from a fight," He says.

"No," I agree. "I wasn't you."

The amusement in his eyes fades a cold kind of calm replaces it.

He charges, swinging the dagger, I block it with the gold one, and there's the clanging of metal meeting metal.

His free hand strikes out and his fist connects with my jaw again. I swipe out and get a cut in his leg. I go to swipe out with the dagger again but he catches my wrist and twists the dagger out of my hands and shoves me back.

I fall to the floor and twist so I bear the brunt of the fall on my uninjured shoulder. I let out a groan when I make contact with the floor and turn to look at Garrett, my muscles tense as I wait for his next move.

He slips my dagger into his belt and holds the gold dagger in a way that catches the light. He looks down at it in his hand.

He smiles his deadly smile and looks over his shoulder at the open doorway behind him. "Maybe we should see what your friends think of this dagger," He says before turning and running down out of the room.

I swear and I jump to my feet, ignoring the pain in my leg as I race after him, blindly following the sound of his pounding footsteps.

I can finally see him ahead of me just as he reaches the room, knife raised to bring down into Zack's back.

I can see Devin's eyes widen as he spots Garrett. "Look out!" I hear him shout in warning to Zack. Zack starts to turn around, but he won't be able to stop Garrett.

I don't slow my steps and continue to run and I throw myself right into Garrett before the dagger is stabbed into Zack.

We crash to the floor and I grab for the dagger as it's knocked from Garrett's grasp. He grabs hold of my leg and drags me back toward him, the silver dagger sinking into my leg once again.

And then Devin's practically throwing him into the wall.

"I forgot what a saint your brother is compared to you," He says as twists Garrett's arm behind his back.

Garrett swings his leg back and it connects with Devin's shins. Devin swears but doesn't let up on his grip. Garrett throws his head back into Devin's, headbutting him. Devin stumbles back. Garrett spins around quickly and swings his leg out, slamming it into Devin's side, hard.

Devin throws a punch and Garrett dodges, pulling a knife from his belt and slashing into Devin's chest. His arm is caught before he can drive the knife into Devin's side.

Jason shoves him back, but he's hurt and can't keep Garrett back. Garrett knocks him into the wall before throwing him into the floor. Devin rushes Garrett but he's soon joining Jason on the floor.

Zack moves between them and Garrett, his expression unreadable, and then he's suddenly charging Garrett.

He slams Garrett back into the wall and Garrett's hands wrap around Zack's throat. Zack's knee connects with Garrett's stomach several times. Garrett kicks Zack's legs out from under him and Zack pulls Garrett down to the ground with him, bearing the brunt of the fall on his shoulder.

They're rolling around on the floor and it's impossible to tell who's winning.

I hear a sickening crack and growl of pain from Zack a second before he's slamming Garrett's head into the floor.

He rolls away from Garrett, holding onto his arm just above the elbow, pain spreads across his face, and there's a gash above his eyebrow.

Garrett pulls a knife and moves toward Zack. Zack jumps to his feet, his muscles tense in anticipation and I intervene, bringing the gold dagger down into Garrett's shoulder blade as he tries to dodge at the last minute.

He hisses in pain and swings out at me. I catch his wrist and twist the knife out of his grasp. He brings his leg up and kicks me back, I hit the wall. His attention turns to Sam and the deadly smile is once again in place.

Zack throws a knife into Garrett's shoulder. Garrett swears.

"Don't even think about it," Zack growls as he moves between Garrett and Sam, still holding his arm.

I twirl the gold dagger around in my hands. "If you're planning on killing anyone today, it's going to be me, not them," I tell him before swiping at him with the dagger.

He dodges and grabs hold of my wrist before I can get him with the dagger. He swipes at me with my dagger and I catch his wrist, both of us trying to keep the other from stabbing each other.

He backs me roughly into the wall and I kick him in the shins before turning us and slamming him into the wall. I twist my wrist around in his grasp and am finally able to free myself.

He blocks the first swing I make toward his chest and the second one to his side. I bring my knee up into his stomach and he doesn't recover quick enough before I've got the dagger pressed firmly to his throat.

"You're done," I growl out.

How upset would everyone be if I chose to just end the book here?

Vote

Comment

Enjoy!

Thanks for Reading!

And, no, I'm not ending it here, don't worry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Hard Truth By Natasha

Mystery / Thriller

142 3 34
"Where do you think your going?" I ask as I watch him start going towards the door. "I know where I need to go now," he say as he turns to me. "I was...
70 4 18
There are two people. One guy and one girl. But these aren't just ordinary people. They are assassins. One is hunting down a dangerous man. To keep o...
259 13 13
|| Our family isn't perfect. Each of them have flaws. Every one of them has demons. Some have trust issues, others are taken advantage of. But all t...
3.6M 179K 48
I can't keep the smile off my face as I take my seat on the plane. I slide my bag under the seat and lean back. I close my eyes and let a blissful sm...