I can't keep the smile off my face as I take my seat on the plane. I slide my bag under the seat and lean back. I close my eyes and let a blissful smile grace my face.
He said I wouldn't be able to run. As if.
I'm vaguely aware of someone taking the seat next to mine, but I pay no attention to said person.
"So where we headed?"
I choke on my own spit as my eyes fly open and whirl around to face the owner of the familiar voice.
His eyes are hidden behind those damn sunglasses and a rather smug smile graces his face.
I continue choking and he does nothing other than flip through a magazine. That smug smile never leaving his face.
"You still haven't answered the question."
"To hell." I finally manage to choke out.
"Awesome," He flips a page in the magazine, "It's about time I returned home. You know, bodies to burn, lost souls to torture, I've missed it. It'll be fun."
Nicolette Moore. A name law enforcement agencies across the world know. Though no one's ever seen the face of the world's greatest thief and hacker, everyone knows who she is by name.
Nicky. She's an absolute genius. Once upon a time she wasn't the best person in the world. When her family was struggling she made some bad choices to help them through it, but when she tried to get out she got pulled in deeper.
Ryder Stevenson. He's the son of the director of the FBI, and an FBI Agent himself. He's the one who brings in Nicky to get her protection from the people chasing after her. He's also the one, who gets assigned to protect her.
Neither one of them like each other, and they can't go five minutes without getting in a full blown argument. She's constantly ditching him only for him to show up later and prove to her he's not that easy to get rid of. They're stuck with each other whether they like it or not.
But he doesn't know who she really is. What will he do when he finds out?
An FBI Agent protecting THE Hacker. The one the FBI have been after for years...this just screams chaos.
- Description/Author's note
- Prologue - Probability of living
- 1. Nicky Harrison
- 2. Side Effects
- 3. Rational Thoughts
- 4. Sunglasses and Donuts
- 5. Useless
- 6. Traffic Lights and Accidents
- 7. Strike Down
- 8. Introducing The Kidnapper
- 9. Can't Run
- 10. Checkmate
- 11. Running . . . Temporarily
- 12. Threatened
- 13. Roadblocks, Consequences, and Risks
- 14. Into the Fire . . . Literally
- 15. Of All the Plans . . .
- 16. Potential Help
- 17. Sarah Smith
- 18. Memories, Friendships, Advice Not Taken
- 19. Accent Slip
- 20. Into the Lair of the Beast
- 21. Tattoo? What Tattoo?
- 22. Life or Death
- 23. Time For That Last Resort
- 24. Revealed
- 25. Ally or Enemy?
- 26. Payment For Services Provided
- 27. Something Missing
- 28. Conversation Long Overdue
- 29. Distractions
- 30. Not So Criminal Friends
- 31. Artist/Aider and Abettor of Fugitives
- 32. Interrogations and Threats
- 33. Fresh Air, Romantic Strolls, and Fires
- 34. Don't Mess With Quinn Delaney
- 35. Traitor? Not a Chance
- 36. Cat and Mouse be Damned
- 37. Lamb to the Slaughter
- 38. Showtime
- 39. Selfless Idiots
- 40. Killers
- 41. Back From the Dead
- 42. The Devil Herself
- 43. Death Threats and Apologies
- 44. Walking Away One Last Time
- 45. Retrieving
- Author's Note