Partners By Chance

By AurumHeart

Highest Ranking: #3 fiction "What were you going to say to her?" He looks down at me. "That we're not in lov... More

Chapter 1: Checking you out? In your dreams, perhaps.
Chapter 2: You are destined for him.
Chapter 3: That's like an insult to my reputation.
Chapter 4: You will catch flies, Amelia.
Chapter 5: He has a girlfriend!
Chapter 6: Let's play twenty questions.
Chapter 7: Oh! Don't you look gorgeous.
Chapter 8: Hashtag bae, hashtag party.
Chapter 9: He is so sweet!
Chapter 10: I'm fucking done with you, Liam!
Chapter 11: You're in denial, princess.
Chapter 12: I dare you to kiss Liam
Chapter 13: Busy making out with the bitch.
Chapter 14: It will be like a bro-like question.
Chapter 15: I missed you.
Chapter 16: You're so annoying!
Chapter 17: You look like a tomato.
Chapter 18: That feels good.
Chapter 19: Sweetheart.
Chapter 20: I love you, guys.
Chapter 21: It's a love story.
Chapter 22: Have fun while it lasts.
Chapter 23: Dude, that's my seat.
Chapter 24: La la land.
Chapter 25: Mr Black.
Chapter 26: It's a French restaurant.
Chapter 27: Love, X.
Chapter 28: Have you seen my girlfriend?
Chapter 29: You look hot as well.
Chapter 30: I know who it is.
Chapter 31: I'm so sorry.
Chapter 32: Hi, Ben.
Chapter 33: I'm looking for Camilla George.
Chapter 34: Brat.
Chapter 36: I don't like her.
Chapter 37: Never Have I Ever.
Chapter 38: You look like a princess.
Chapter 39: Ameliam Forever.
Chapter 40: Do you like babies?
Chapter 41: I love you.
Chapter 42: What's going on?
Chapter 43: That was rude.
Chapter 44: Get a room, guys.
CAST
Chapter 45: Oh. My. God.
Chapter 46: Catfish!
Chapter 47: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 48: What do you want from us?
NEW STORY ALERT!!!
Chapter 49: We know who X is.
Chapter 50: Choose me.
Chapter 51: Smileeee.
Chapter 52: Don't make me feel bad.
Chapter 53: Karl Lagerfeld.
Chapter 54: That's the fucking plan.
Chapter 55: Salted caramel.
Chapter 56: He's gone.
Chapter 57: I wasn't in love with him at all.
Chapter 58: The chemistry is natural.
Chapter 59: I can sense it when you're lying.
Chapter 60: I love everything about you.
Chapter 61: I'm not married.
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 63: July it is.
Chapter 64: We love you, dad.
Chapter 65: The End.
Epilogue: The Final Chapter.
Married By Chance (Sneak peek)
Married By Chance (Out Now)

Chapter 35: Let's google him!

14.5K 461 13
By AurumHeart

Nicole's house above.

Amelia Smith

"Amelia?" Nicole asks with shock as she opens the door.

Before I say anything, she pulls me in a bone-crushing hug. "I'm so sorry." She cries. Thank

"Me too." I hug her back.

She breaks the hug and pulls me to her bed and we sit down. "You know I didn't mean any of the things I guess, right? My anger got the best of me." She says.

I take her hands and hold them in mine.

"I know, Nicole. I know."

"I shouldn't have blamed you. It's not your fault. Jamie chose to love Camilla and I chose to love him."

"Yes but I shouldn't have hidden it from you. I'm a bad friend." I look down at my lap, wiping my tears.

"No, you're not! You're the best friend anyone could wish for. You're also a very good person and you're very kind." She says and I smile.

"I love you, Nicky." I hug her.

"Love you too." She hugs me back.

We break the hug and we lie down on the bed. Nicole sighs. "We have a lot of catching up to do."

"Yeah. You know I had a talk with Camilla?" I state but it was more like a question.

I see Nicole's facial expression change.

"I'm sorry. Is it too soon to talk about her?" I grit my teeth.

"No, no it's fine." She says. "I'm like 90 percent over Jamie."

"90 percent?" I laugh.

"Yeah, after what happened I realized that I didn't love him as much I thought I did." She confesses.

"Yeah, I figured."

"And..." She starts but she stops, blushing.

"What?" I smile.

"You know Brandon, the actor I told you about?"

"Oh my God! Yeah?" I ask excitedly.

"Well, we've kind of been talking and I think I like him." She blushes.

"That's so fucking great. What's his Instagram? I'm totally going to stalk him." I sit up, taking my phone from my handbag.

"No, I have a better idea. Let's google him!" Nicole sits up and smirks.

"Okay, what's his full name?"

"Brandon Scott."

I type the name and search. My eyes instantly widen as his overview appears. "He is so hot," I comment.

"Yeah, read the details.

"Brandon Scott, actor and business mogul. Born 1st August 1994 (age 23 years). His father, John Scott is a renowned businessman but Brandon rose to stardom after his first movie, 'Escape'." I read. "That's so cool," I whisper,

"Yeah, let's check the girls he has dated," Nicole says.

I quickly type my search and Nicole gasps. "He dated Olivia Culpo!" She exclaims horrifically.

I give her a look. "Who's that?"

She rolls her eyes at me. "She's a model and she has won Miss Universe."

"Oh!"

Well, I'm not really the type of person that focuses on news and gossips. A lot of times when Emily and Nicole are talking about something, I just stare at them blankly.

They were so shocked when I told them that I didn't know what Adam Black looks like until I saw him in my dad's company.

Nicole was like, "that's the like the most handsome and hottest man on the universe was talking about. How could you not know?"

I also kind of felt stupid because our parents are best friends and stuff. Mae told me he has been keeping a low profile for the past two years and in my defense, I knew about him. I just didn't know what he looked like!

I'm the type of person that focuses on MY thing, not other people. I don't read my university's blog. I don't know what who's dating who. Jasmine was the one that told me I'm number one on the Hardwood's hotlist which is on the blog. Actually, it's more like an app but whatever.

"I just don't understand how you don't know a lot of people," Nicole says.

"I know people like Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, One Direction, and stuff." I defend.

She just rolls her eyes again. "Let's google you."

"No!" I exclaim.

She snatches my phone and types my name.

"I hate that picture." I cringe as my own overview appears.

"I like it though. Let me read your Wikipedia info." Nicole smirks and starts reading.

"Amelia Smith, model. Born 16th April 1997 (age 20 years). Amelia is the daughter of the third richest man in Connecticut, Edward Smith who is married to his childhood sweetheart, Elle Daniel (now Smith). Amelia is known for her fashion and how she simply describes it, elegant and expensive."

Yes, I'm a model. I've model when during school breaks for like 11 years now.

"Whatever." I huff. I pop my head in my phone that's in Nicole's hand. "Look, look at you on 'people also search for'." I point

"Nope, I'm reading more about you." She pulls the phone away and continues. "Height: 1.74m. Partner: Liam Black!" She squeals.

I close my eyes. "Oh my God." I sigh and lie back on the bed.

She's definitely going to google every person she knows.

****

"Heyyy." I hug Ian. He is wearing a blue denim jacket with a white shirt underneath. His golden blonde hair is in its usual short messy curls.

We break away and Nicole pulls him in a tight hug. "I'm sorry." He mumbles. "Me too," Nicole says.

Ian kisses her cheek and we also sit, joining Brian and Rob. We share kisses on the cheek and I look at them. "Where are the others?"

We are having dinner at Jacob and Tyler's family hotel. Their dads own and do every business together.

"Emily and Colton are on a date," Brian says.

"And I asked Jas to come but she said that she has a 'hot date' tonight," Ian says, air quoting hot date.

"How about Liam?" I raise an eyebrow. I didn't see him nor hear from him today. Last night, he said that he has a History exam today.

Brian and Rob share a look as I talk. "He has worked." Brian clears his throat.

"What type of work?" I ask.

He just shrugs and looks out the window.

"His das assigned him to interview some people." Rob lies and I just roll my eyes.

It's obvious that they're hiding something.

I decide that I'm going to force Ian to tell me since he sucks at keeping secrets...... I think.

"Where are Tyler and Jacob then?" Nicole asks, stirring her iced tea with her straw.

Jacob and Tyler come to the restaurant. Tyler has his usual smirk on his face with his hands in his pockets while Jacob has a flirtatious smile on his face and his casually waving at some people as they both walk to our table.

"Guys, what the hell?" Rob speaks as they reach the table. "You fucking invited us and then you have us waiting for thirty-six fucking minutes!" He adds angrily.

"Dude, chill. It was Barbie over here's fault." Jacob points at Tyler.

"Shut up, Jacob, and first of all, don't fucking call me a barbie because my hair is not even fucking blonde, and secondly, it was your fault, not mine." Tyler glares at him and takes a seat beside me. "Hey!" He smiles at me

I smile back and turn my attention to the waiter who is here to take our orders.

"So what really happened guys? Why were you late?" Rob asks.

"His dad asks us to fire some guy and we both didn't want to do it so deciding who would do it was what made us late," Jacob says.

"Oh, who did it then?" Nicole asks.

Jacob looks at her in a slight shock. He's probably surprised because she hasn't spoken to him since the ball.

The others are too busy deciding what to order so their minds are not here.

Jacob clears his throat and replies to her. "Tyler did."

Some minutes later, we all engage in conversation about school and other stuff.

"So Hardwood is closing for holidays this week. I think we should all go on a vacation together somewhere." Tyler suggests.

Ian looks up and smirks. "I have the perfect place in mind."

****

The dinner ended really well. We talked about a lot of things and we really had a good time. Jacob and Ty took us on a tour of the hotel. It has really cool places.

I'm on my way to Liam's house because he hasn't been answering any of my calls and I didn't buy Rob and Brian's bullshit story.

At first, I hesitated on going because I didn't want to seem clingy or anything but something smelt fishy and when I confronted Ian, he was no help.

As I reach the house, I park my car and go inside. The maids collect my coat and I ask them where Liam is.

"He's in his room, sleeping." One of the answers.

I walk upstairs and knock on Liam's bedroom twice but he doesn't answer so I just twist the doorknob. He is lying on his bed inside his dark blue quilt. He stirs as I go in.

"Amelia?"

His sleeve voice is so sexy.

I lean against his dressing mirror. "Yeah?"

"What are you doing here? I thought you guys went for dinner." He says huskily.

I swear his voice is such a turn on right now.

"I came to see you so can you please get up?"

I can't even see his face.

"No, I'm sleepy." He mumbles.

I roll my eyes. "Fine."

I came because I want to make sure he is fine and he is so I'm going home.

"Where are you going?" Liam asks as I walk to the door.

"Home."

"Nooo, don't go!"

"You said you were sleeping. What do want me to stay here and do?" I cross my arms over my chest even though he can't see me.

"Join me in bed." He says seductively and pats the space beside him.

"Nope, I'm leaving." My car keys slip out of my hands and I bend down and pick them up.

"Please, Amelia. I really want you to stay." He states more seriously.

Fine!

I drop my handbag and remove my boots then get on the bed. "Why are you facing the other way? Turn to me."

He slowly turns but keeps his hand on his left eyes.

"Why are you covering your eye?"

"No reason." He smiles.

I put my hand on his and try to take it away but I fail.

"Liam," I say in a stern voice.

There's definitely something under there.

"Promise me you won't get mad." He says.

Did he get a tattoo or something?

"I promise." I bite my lips.

He removes the hand and I gasp. "Oh my God."

****

Boring chapter, I know. The next one is going to be better. I promise.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 64 20
Yamina London and her daughter have fallen on hard times. This was nothing new right? Orion is a man with many secrets. After some freak accident he...
1.3M 29K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
636 70 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
4.1K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...