Way Back Home (Mark Tuan - GO...

By AFangirlsHeart

"No matter how we end in the future, at least we've been together before. We don't have to end our promises... More

Chapter 1: The Dream
Chapter 2: The Start of Something New
Chapter 3: Evaluation #1
Chapter 4: Lack of Feeling
Chapter 5: Let's Get It On
Chapter 6: Special Training
Chapter 7: Special Training 101
Chapter 8: Special Training (VOICE) + special changes
Chapter 9: Hello New Roomies!
Chapter 10: Good or Bad News
Chapter 11: SaturDATE
Chapter 12: Birthday + Confession
Chapter 13: Sorry for what?
Chapter 14: Special Conversation
Chapter 15: Necklace
Chapter 16: Tomorrow is a special day
Chapter 17: Friends
Chapter 18: Cry
Chapter 20: Dream High 3
Chapter 21: Good Mornight!
Chapter 22: Dream High 3 Shooting Day 1
Chapter 23: What a day!
Chapter 24: The First
Chapter 25: Hello Philippines!
Chapter 26: The Past and The Present
Chapter 27: Tour
Chapter 28: Let's meet Dara
Chapter 29: ONE MIC
Chapter 30: Special Day
Chapter 31: Dai-Suki
Chapter 32: Japan Debut
Chapter 33: Welcome Back!
Chapter 34: 15& Comeback
Chapter 35: Christmas with You
Chapter 36: A Day at the Orphanage
Chapter 37: New Year with Friends
Chapter 38: Celebrations
Chapter 39: Not Mine, Not Me
Chapter 40: 100th Day
Chapter 41: Quarterly Mini Olympic
Chapter 42: MarHianne Couple
Chapter 43: Busy days...
Chapter 44: Philippines Day 1
Chapter 45: Philippines Day 2
Chapter 46: Rumors
Chapter 47: Training Camp Day 1
Chapter 48: Training Camp Day 2
Chapter 49: A Day With You
Chapter 50: Haters Gonna Hate
Chapter 51: The Worst Day Ever
Chapter 52: Orphanage Day
Chapter 53: The Best Birthday Gift
Chapter 54: The Answer
Chapter 55: Way Back Home
Author's Message
Book 2 Preview

Chapter 19: Dream High 3

16.2K 354 165
By AFangirlsHeart

Chapter 19: Dream High 3

So today, we’ll be starting to rehearse the songs as well as the dance steps for the third part of the series, Dream High.

“Is everyone here?” the dance instructor said.

“We’re still waiting for EXO’s Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They are already on their way from the airport.” one staff said.

“Okay, while waiting for them, the music manager has given me this as your parts.” she then handed us a copy of the Dream High song lyrics with parts too.

I was scanning it when…

Wait a minute. Am I really going to take this part?

“I’m going to take the rap part?” I said.

Mark looked at me. “It seems like yes.”

“But why? Almost all of you here are rappers, and I’m not.” I said.

Jimin tapped my back. “I know you can do it unnie. I think in order to put a different twist they made a girl sing the rap part. Besides, you’ll also sing the first part.”

The sequence was this; I’ll be singing the first chorus. Then Mark will sing Wooyoung sunbaenim’s part and Baekhyun will sing Kim Soo Hyun sunbaenim’s part on the first verse. Then Jimin will sing Suzy sunbae’s part and Yerin will sing Eunjung sunbae’s part. On the second verse, it will be Chanyeol and Taehyung. Then I’ll be doing the rap part. Why will I be on the rap part? T_T

Someone suddenly opened the door.

“Sorry we’re late. Something happened on the airport that’s why we arrived late.” Chanyeol said.

“Oh no, it’s fine. We were just discussing your parts on the Dream High song.” then our dance instructor gave a copy to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Since everyone is here. We can start practicing your dance steps.” the instructor said.

“Oh, Annyeong haseyo!” Suzy sunbae said.

She’s here together with the former casts of Dream High. Oh, JB and Jr are also here.

“Oh? What are you doing here?” the instructor said.

“Noona, we just came to see those who will be singing our parts. Who’s going to sing my part?” Taecyeon sunbae said.

I didn’t raise my hand but Jimin and Yerin pointed at me. -_-

“Oh? Jinjja? Rhianne will sing the rap part?” Jinyoung said.

“Nice one. It’s a nice twist from our music director. Don’t worry dongsaeng, oppa will help you.” Taecyeon said.

 I smiled at Taecyeon sunbae. He seems to be so kind.

“Hyung, I’ll help too. I’m the one who sang that part in Dream High 2.” Jinyoung said.

“Oh yeah. Of course you’ll help me.” Taecyeon sunbae said.

Taecyeon sunbae and Jinyoung look alike. Haha. Wooyoung sunbae is so handsome. -_- Kyaaak. Hahaha. But, Kim Soo Hyun sunbae is not here. Ay, I want to see him.

“Noona, we’ll get going. We just want to see the new casts. Plus we still have a meeting with JYP-ssi.” Taecyeon said.

“Goodbye everyone! Good luck with your practice!” Suzy sunbae said. Then she smiled at me.

She’s so beautiful. What kind of face does she have? She’s a goddess.

“Okay everyone, let’s start now.”

The instructor was showing us the steps. And we were following it. The steps were like the former steps so I was able to catch up because I practiced that dance step before during my college years. Haha.

After an hour, we were able to finish half of the song. These guys are really monsters. They can easily get the rhythm and beat of the song.

“Okay. Let’s take a 5-minute break.” our instructor told us.

Mark offered me a bottle of water.

“Thanks”

Suddenly I feel someone is poking me. When I looked at my back it was Chanyeol.

“Oh? Annyeong haseyo.” that’s what I said.

“Ne, tell me, have you ever met Dara noona before? You’re from the Philippines, right?” Chanyeol said.

Haha. He really is a fanboy of 2ne1’s Dara.

“I was able to meet her once during Star Circle Quest but she doesn’t know me. I was just a little child before.” I said.

“What is Star Circle Quest?” he asked.

“Oh, it was a reality contest before on our local television. She joined there and won 2nd place.” I said.

“Oh, she didn’t win first place?” Chanyeol asked me.

“As far as I can remember, no. A boy won before.” I said.

“If by any chance you’ll be able to meet Dara noona, I know you’ll be able to because you’re a Filipino, please introduce me to her. I’m begging you.” he said.

“Sure, why not. Haha. You’re really a fanboy of Dara unnie.” I said.

He nodded.

After our short conversation, Chanyeol went back to his place and talked with Taehyung and Baekhyun. I can see that Taehyung is looking at me so I just smiled at him. Minutes later,

“5-minute break is over. Let’s go back to work kids.” our instructor shouted.

Mark came to me and whispered something, “I was not able to talk to you during break because you were talking to Chanyeol.”

“You’re jealous? Haha.” I said leaving him on his position. I looked back and smiled again at him.

Is he jealous? He looks cuter. Hahaha. J

We started practicing again. Although the dance steps are easy, I think I’ll still have back pains tomorrow. I haven’t dance for more than an hour. Hours later…

“Thank you for your perseverance and cooperation. See you again tomorrow.” our instructor said.

“Oh and Jimin, lose some weight.”

Mark suddenly laughed.

“Yah oppa, why are you like that? Unnie, tell your Mark oppa to stop teasing me.” Jimin said.

Like for real Jimin, why me?

“You two are dating?” Baekhyun asked.

“No. We’re not.” I said. “Yah, Mark hyung, stop teasing Jimin.”

“Hyung? It should be ‘oppa’.” Chanyeol said with a teasing voice.

“I prefer to call him hyung.” I said.

“Yeah, it’s cute.” Mark said while putting his arm around my shoulder.

I tried to remove Mark’s hand from my shoulder. I feel kinda awkward with it.

Oh no, I feel like I’m blushing. -_-

“Okay. Haha.” then Chanyeol, Taehyung and Baekhyun left first.

I can still see that Taehyung is looking at me before they left. I haven’t talked to him that much. I’m kinda shy in front of him.

We went to the music room to practice the song. Inside the music room, we saw the former casts of Dream High there.

“Okay kids, now we’ll be having your training with your seniors in Dream High. You have to be able to memorize your part for today and we will practice it tomorrow.”

“Rhiaaannneee!” Jinyoung shouted showing me a seat near him and Taecyeon sunbae.

I sat down near them. “Annyeong haseyo Taecyeon sunbae.” I said.

Taecyeon sunbae looked at me.

“Oh, just call me oppa.” he said.

I smiled at him. Sorry, but I don’t want to call you oppa. Haha.

“Hyung, she will never call you oppa unless you’re his boyfriend.” Jinyoung said.

“Eh? Ahm, what should you call me to be less formal? I don’t want you to call me your senior. I feel so old.” Taecyeon sunbae said.

I started thinking and then I remembered one part in Prince of Tennis.

“Ahm, onii-chan.” I said.

“Onii-chan? That’s Japanese right?” Taecyeon sunbae asked.

“Yes. It means older brother.” I said.

Jinyoung looked so amazed. “You can speak Japanese language too?”

“Oh, no. I just knew that word since I love watching anime.” I said.

Taecyeon sunbae nodded. It seems like he is agreeing with what I said.

“It’ll be better. Then call me onii-chan.” Taecyeon said.

Before we start practicing we were chatting and getting to know each other more. After a few minutes of chatting we started practicing.

“Rapping is just like saying a word fast but within the given beat.” Onii-chan said. “Listen to this.”

He rapped the song.

Dream high a chance to fly high 
Apeumdeureun ijen modu da bye bye 
Haneure inneun jeo byeoldeul 
Cheoreom nopi narabwa ni kkumdeureul 
Pyeolchyeo boneun geoya time for you to shine 
Ijebuteo shijagiya gotta make 'em mine 
Ni soneuro irweoga mirael duryeoweo hajima 
Ijen himkkeot jashinitge georeoga 
Destiny sukmyeongiji meomchul su eopneun 
Unmyeongi jigeum uri nunape pyeolchyeojiji 
Igeon neoreul wihan whole new fantasy 
Geureoni ijebuteo yeogi soneul jaba 
Urieui mikpyoneun jigeumbuteo hana 
Kkumgwa mirae pogi haji anha 
Jeolmeum yeoljeong yeogi moduda Dream High

He then handed me a recorder.

“This, I recorded it for you. The first thing you should do is to read the lyrics slowly.” Onii-chan said,

“Then be familiar with the beat.” Jinyoung added.

Onii-chan agreed.

“Yeah, you should be familiar with the beat so you’ll know when to enter. Like in drawing, you need to do boxes in order for you to know the correct location of a specific part.” Onii-chan said.

I did what he said. I first read it normally and then slowly I’m reading it by phrase.

“You’re doing it well, just continue it.” Onii-chan said.

After an hour, I was able to rap the first part of the rap while the last part, I still need to practice it. It’s kinda hard but I need to. -_-

“Oh, how is it going here?” JYP asked.

“Rhianne can rap the first part but it still difficult for her to rap the last part.” Onii-chan said.

The others are already practicing with the minus one. While us, we’re still practicing the rap.

“It’s fine. I know it’s a new challenge for Rhianne. And besides, Korean is not her mother tongue that’s why it’s difficult for her. But I believe in her. Just continue.” JYP said and left us.

“Aside from Wonder Girls’ Yenny, you’re the other one who he believes in. I mean, he believes in all of his artists but yours and Yenny’s are different. You really might be great or you have a strong personality.” Onii-chan said.

I just smiled at him and we continued to practice. I feel so flattered. I didn’t imagine that I’ll be able to be with Taecyeon sunbae now and be sitting right beside him.

Minutes passed. Our time was already over and I still haven’t memorized the lyrics. But Onii-chan gave me a recorder so I can hear his version. After the whole day of practice we went back to the dorm and took a rest.

*knock knock*

“Is Rhianne there?” Mark asked.

“Unnie! Mark oppa is here” Jimin shouted.

Mark is here? But I’m brushing my teeth.

“Yah unnie, Mark oppa is here.” Jimin went into my room.

I was showing Jimin that I was brushing my teeth.

“Oppa, unnie is still brushing her teeth wait for her in a while.” Jimin said.

“Okay.”

After brushing my teeth, I wore my jogging pants. I don’t want to go out wearing shorts.

“Oh, hyung, why?” I asked.

“Oh, I’m just going to give you this.” I looked at it.

“I used it when I was having a hard time rapping Korean songs. It’ll help. Goodnight. Ahm and by the way, let’s have some dinner or lunch or breakfast or any meal on one day. If both of us are not busy.” he said.

Then he left the room.

Why is Mark being so nice to me? I mean, why all of a sudden? But I’m touched because he cares about me. But I hope I won’t think of other things.

Yah, Rhianne, don’t let the past happen again to you. Don’t expect too much. Expectation kills and you don’t want to be broken again right?

I’m becoming emotional again.

“Why is it easy to fall on love and yet so hard to love back? Why should I feel so sad when you don’t feel a thing for me? Why is there always a ‘you’ in ‘me’ but never a ‘me’ in ‘you’?” I told myself.

Okay stop these emotional things, Rhianne. Just start practicing.

Focus. Focus. Focus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone! How was this chapter? School's not yet that tight so I was able to update one chaper today. What do you think will happen to Rhianne's part on the song Dream High? :)

MusicGirl3415

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 570 18
𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞? [Welcome to my world of imaginations revolving around...
8.9K 505 21
[Completed story] "We can't know who to trust or who not to trust. Not anymore." It all started off as a game, it's always this way. It always starts...
19.5K 175 25
wallmark except no divorce + divorce(?) Walltuh get in the bed Could be random so not all chapters are related I love pilby cover by : silly_jpg
49.1K 2K 36
[✔︎] 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐀𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐲...