Love Bites *Sequel to Insanit...

By SoniaJohn

It was only supposed to be a game. A deception of the mind. An empty promise of love. A temptation of lust. B... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Bloody Reunion
Z
Chapter 3: Three's A Crowd
Z
Chapter 4: The Council
Z
Chapter 5: Blurred Lines of Grey
Z
Chapter 6: Camouflage
Z
Chapter 7: Up In The Air
Z
Chapter 8: Unexpected Alias
Z
Chapter 9: Emotions Running High
Z
Chapter 10: Green With Jealousy
Z
Chapter 11: Trust
Z
Chapter 12: The Calm Before The Storm
Z
Chapter 13: A Thorn In The Side
Z
Chapter 14: The Heart Wants What it Wants
Z

Chapter 2: Conflict

1.1K 87 14
By SoniaJohn

The crushing dead weight above made me gasp for air and I wanted to scream when dark liquid pooled into my mouth. I spurted out Dr Logans blood and attempted to push him off but he was too heavy.

As I pushed again his body surprisingly fell to the side effortlessly and I saw Zayn standing by the bed with a gun in hand. He pushed Dr. Logan's body further away and then he grabbed my hand.

"We have to leave now," There was an urgency in his voice that I've never heard before. I looked up at him in shock and then at the dead body next to me.

My mouth fell open in horror as I saw Dr. Logan's face had blackened. His eyes were wide open, his pupils focused on my face but the black in them slowly turned to white. Within a few seconds Dr. Logan had turned into an emaciated pile of bones and papery white skin with large black protruding veins that looked like snakes.

"What the..." My arm stung with pain when I felt myself being yanked up from the bed.

Zayn tugged at me but I remained still and unmoving.

What was happening? Was this real? Was I hallucinating? It must have been the drugs this morning. The dose they gave me must have been too high.

"Rosalie, if we don't leave now, he won't be the only dead body here," Zayn warned and I focused on his face for a moment.

There was no signature smirk or taunting smile, he looked serious and for the first time a little scared. I could see the panic in his eyes and his lips were pulled into a tight line. His jaw clenched as he grew impatient and pulled me towards him.

He grabbed my bed sheet and wiped the blood that I had forgotten was on my face.

"Zayn? Are you real? This can't be real, right?" I whispered as his cold hands brushed my lips. I brought my hand up and held on to his arm for confirmation. I then squeezed it just to be sure. "I thought you were dead. Everyone told me I killed you."

Zayn grimaced and he stared at me in pity.

He then cupped my face and suddenly my whole world disappeared and all I could see were his beautiful eyes boring into mine.

"I'm not dead. You didn't kill me, Rosalie. It was all a lie. I will explain everything but you need to trust me right now. We have to leave. There are others like him here and if they find us we're both dead."

This time he didn't wait for my response, he just grabbed my hand and made me walk with him.

My mind was swirling with questions but I remained silent. I didn't know what to do. Should I stay here or trust him? He must have felt my resistance because his hand tightened around mine and he practically dragged me along the dark corridor outside my room.

I'd never been out at this time of day and I could see that the hallways were empty with small ceiling lights that shone dimly. We walked quickly and turned a few corners, I had no idea where we were going and it felt like I was walking in a maze. Every corner lead to another corridor, every corridor lead to another corner.

"Zayn where are we—" I gasped when he covered my mouth with his hand and pushed me against the wall.

His body was flush against mine, I could feel every inch of him against me and my skin felt like it was on fire. My insides were warm and fuzzy and I'd almost forgotten that he had me by the wall with his hand clasped firmly over my mouth.

I frowned at him, angrier at myself for having this reaction even after everything he has done.

He didn't seem to notice the internal battle going on inside my head. Instead his eyes were filled with alarm and he slowly released his hand from my mouth. He brought his finger to his lips motioning for me to be quiet.

Why was he so afraid? A jolt of fear rushed up my spine when I realized there was someone out there who could illicit such a reaction from him and if they could, how terrible where they?

Zayn pressed me up against the wall and I almost winced in pain.

I glared at him silently and my heart leapt when I saw a small smile grace his lips. He motioned for me to look up and I followed his gaze to see a camera right above us.

My eyes widened in fear. What if we had been recorded? Or what if I was hallucinating and the cameras had recorded me sneaking around the hallways alone?

Zayn seemed to read my thoughts and he leaned his forehead against mine. He closed his eyes and inhaled softly. His lips were so close but they seemed so unreachable.

"Don't worry," He mouthed. He then placed my hands in his and suddenly a rush of wind hit my face.

I closed my eyes in pain and when I opened them we were down another hallway. I stared at Zayn and he smiled. There was a door a few feet away which was secured by a control panel.

We rushed towards it silently but Zayn froze suddenly and I was pulled back. My wrist almost twisted and I bit my lips in pain. I was about to snap at him when I saw a dark figure emerge from the shadows.

"I got to say Zayn, I'm a little disappointed at your betrayal." In the dim lighting I could make out the slim silhouette of a man. When he took a step forward into the light I saw a young man with piercing blue eyes and blond hair who didn't look any older than Zayn. His eyes met mine for a second and there was a sharpness to them that made my blood run cold. He looked like he could kill someone without a second thought.

"You must be Rosalie. The pleasure is all mine." His lips curled into a sneer and I found myself inching closer to Zayn.

"Cut the crap, Charlie. We both know you wanted this. Remove every threat before they become one. Wasn't that always your motto?" Zayn bit back. "It didn't matter that I had no interest in being a member of the council, but the fact that they wanted me must have drove you crazy with jealousy. You think I don't know how desperate you were or how you had to blackmail and kill your way there. Must have killed you to know they wanted brains more than brawn. I bet it was your idea to have her killed in the first place."

Charlie's eyes narrowed and he bared his teeth. I saw two fangs slowly protrude from his gums and I nearly had a heart attack. Zayn's hand tightened around my own painfully and I turned to see him with his fangs out as well.

An image of the first night we met crossed my mind and I remembered the pain when his teeth had pierced my skin. My body started to shake and all I wanted to do was run away and hide. Maybe if I closed my eyes they would disappear. Vampires didn't exist, I was hallucinating, but the pain in my wrist told me otherwise.

"Nice theory, Z. You always had the most vivid imagination," Charlie's voice dripped with venom, it was easy to see his hatred for Zayn.

He took a step forward and before I knew it I was thrown against the wall. Tears sprang to my eyes as I slammed against the hard cement. My head was pounding and I tried to focus on the scene before me but all I could see was a blur of limbs and fists merging with one another.

A sickening crack echoed through the air and Charlie was thrown backwards. He was panting while Zayn straightened himself slowly looking like he hardly broke a sweat.

"You're wasting my time, as usual," Zayn seethed and then he took out the gun in his pocket and aimed it at Charlie.

Charlie's eyes widened in surprise and fear. "How-Where did you get that?"

"I made it," Zayn replied smugly and in a split second I saw Charlie's body slumped by the wall with his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

"Fuck they're coming," Zayn finally turned towards me and his gaze softened in concern.

I remained frozen by the wall, all I could do was stare at the dead body on the floor. I flinched when I felt Zayn's hand around my wrist.

"You killed him. Just like that. It was so easy for you," I mumbled, resisting his tugging.

He sighed in response. "It was either you or him. The answer was obvious."

I gasped when he lifted me off my feet and carried me in his arms. "We don't have time for all your doubts. I swear I will explain everything later. Please just trust me."

I closed my eyes when the wind slapped my face again. Zayn held me tightly, almost too tight for comfort, like a boa constrictor about to crush my bones.

I let out a breath when he opened a car door and pushed me into the passenger seat. He then got into the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Where are we going?" I turned around to see the large facility that had been keeping me prisoner for the past week. Now we were outside in the open with greenery all around us and roads that stretched out into freedom but my feet felt heavy like they were bound by shackles.

Zayn ignored me and sped out of the car park and onto one of the slip roads. We drove deeper into the woods and I stared at him cautiously.

The leather squealed under his tight grip I was afraid the steering wheel would break and he looked so pale. Not his usual vampire skin pale but more frightened pale. His eyes kept darting to the rear view mirror.

He made me apprehensive and I nearly jumped when he cursed. I turned around and saw a jeep emerge about a few yards behind us. The jeep was black and its lights were turned off. Whoever it was inside didn't want to be noticed.

I could feel the tension radiating off Zayn when he picked up speed.

"Rosalie, wear your seat belt. Now," He commanded.

We went over a bump and my head hit the window. I clutched the side of my head in pain and froze when I heard some noise from the back. It sounded like someone cursing and then I heard the sound of metal being hit repeatedly.

"Let me out!" I heard a familiar voice screaming.

"Damn it he's awake," Zayn muttered. "Rosalie, can you please wear your damn seat belt!"

"Who is that? Who's in the boot?" I was almost too afraid to ask.

"God, you're stubborn." Zayn held on to the wheel with one hand and fastened my seat belt with the other.

"Zayn, who is that?" I demanded.

"Another loose end," He replied. "Now hang on to your seat and try not to hit yourself again. It's going to be a bumpy ride."

Ahhh this chapter was tense. Did any of ull expect it to turn out this way? Does anyone still think she's hallucinating? And most importantly can anyone guess who is in the car boot?

okay as you guys know Im writing another story called Plutonian. So I will be alternating between this and that by week. So this week I've updated Love Bites and next week I will be updating Plutonian but don't worry there will be more than one chapter per week. And if you guys science fiction or know anyone who does please give my other novel some love as I would love some feedback. Okay guys see you next week!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 20.1K 74
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
297K 7.2K 53
what will happen to ayasha (🐶) after their marriage contract with mikael (🦊) ended? Knowing that she's pregnant with the billionaire? This story a...
1.4M 32.1K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.
126K 7.5K 91
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...