The Tale Of Two Starks

By KenzieKate_Books

Amelia Marie Stark, Tony Stark's sister. She's not the tech genius her brother is no in fact she has powers... More

-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36
-Chapter 37-
-Chapter 38-
-Chapter 39-
-Chapter 40-
-Chapter 41-
-Chapter 42-
-Chapter 43-
-Chapter 44-
-Chapter 45-
-Chapter 46-
-Chapter 47-
-Chapter 48-
-Chapter 49-
-Chapter 50-
-Chapter 51-
-Chapter 52-
-Chapter 53-
-Chapter 54-
-Chapter 55-
-Chapter 56-
-Chapter 57-
-Chapter 58-
-Chapter 59-
-Chapter 60-
-Chapter 61-
-Chapter 62-
-Chapter 63-
-Chapter 64-
-Chapter 65-
-Chapter 66-
-Chapter 67-
-Chapter 68-
-Chapter 69-
-Chapter 70-
Note

-Chapter 21-

10.7K 267 29
By KenzieKate_Books

Suddenly I'm hearing glass cracking under my boots as I approach Clint. Where did the glass even come from anyway? The questions are racing through my head at lighting speed as I get closer to him.

"Hey? It's just me" I say moving around to face him.

He visibly startles at the sound of my voice, but still says nothing.

"Jarvis? Did anything happen while I was gone"? I ask holding my hands up in a non threatening way.

"Agent Barton received the after action report from his most recent mission" Jarvis reports.

I close my eyes, that would do it. The wounds just starting to heal only to be ripped open when he least expected it, no wonder he's on the verge of a panic attack.

"Did you get a look at it"? I ask, I have to get to the bottom of this.

"Yes Ms. Stark" He confirms solemnly.

"And"? I prompt knowing that Clint is too buried in his own thoughts to pay attention to what's going on around him.

"A child was killed, the protection detail was breeched" Jarvis summarizes grimly.

Oh my god. My mind quickly connects the dots, it was the child's blood on his hands on his suit, I feel my eyes feel with tears.

"Any other fatalities"? I ask my voice coming out strained and tight.

"The mother is now deceased" Jarvis says.

I bow my head.

"Was there a way to avoid the breech"? I ask trying to keep the waver out of my words, failing.

"Agent Barton thought a different route would have been safer, the lead agent thought otherwise"

He blames himself.

"Thank you Jarvis" I say to him.

Once I'm sure Clint hasn't cut himself on the glass I reach up and I take his face in my hands at least this time he's not covered in the blood. As soon as I touch his skin, his head jerks up at the contact for me that's a good sign he's not too far gone.

"Hey? You with me"? I ask in a quiet voice, searching his eyes for any hint of recognition.

I get a fraction of a nod from the archer, without a second thought I pull him into a hug similar to the way I did Tony when he was on the verge of full blown panic. I project warmth into his head as I hold him hoping to push away the fear. It works I feel the tension melt away as he leans more heavily on me, I guide him back to the couch a place not covered in glass.

"Thanks" He mumbles keeping his eyes closed.

"I know what happened and I'm so sorry Clint that agent should have listened to you. Nothing even close to that should have happened" I say holding his hand in mine.

He nods again, we stay like that for a while me holding his hand, him simply working through his feelings of which I am sure there are many.

"Was Steve ok"? Clint asks after a while.

"A little roughed up but otherwise fine, the trainees made it out with one hell of a story to tell the rest of the class" I sigh pulling my gloves and gauntlets off.

"I'm sorry I wasn't with you- nothing happened but I was worried that something might" He says running a shaky hand through his hair.

I nod not having the heart to tell him how much my head hurts or how my vision is swimming.

"I told you I had it and I did. Tony is right Fury should make me an Avenger for real" I say getting up to stretch after sitting for so long.

He blinks at that, a shocked look falling over his features.

"Wait what? You want to go to Fury tell him one you have powers and two  you want to officially join the team"? He asks sounding more like himself.

"That's exactly what I want to do, in fact I'm going to do that tomorrow" I say putting my hands on my hips.

He stands, moving to stand face to face with me.

"What happened to he would use you for your powers"? Clint demands.

"I'm willing to take that risk Clint. Last time I checked I can make my own choices" I snap the words coming out more harsh then I had intended.

His eyes harden at my words, his jaw set.

"Oh you can. Far be it from me to tell you when you are making a really bad one" He fires back, his tone matching mine.

"Who are you to tell me about my choices anyway? Seriously, if I want to talk to Fury there is nothing you can do to stop me" I say teleporting away from him.

I end up on the helicarrier, in a random hallway it doesn't look familiar at all. I pull my phone from its pocket on my belt and send a message to Steve

Me; Are you still on the helicarrier?

I get a reply almost immediately

Steve; Yeah why?

Me; I need a face to face with Fury.

Steve; What happened? I thought you were at the tower?

Me; I was. But now I want to talk to Fury! Now!

A couple seconds go by before he replies.

Steve; Mia, you shouldn't go in there angry.

I picture Steve in my head and teleport. I land in the middle of his Sheild quarters, he's sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What has you so angry? This isn't like you to demand meetings with Sheild" Steve says putting his phone down.

I shake my head at my head pacing back and forth trying to work out my frustration instead of taking it out on Steve that would not be good.

"I want to be part of the team" I say still pacing tossing energy around.

"I thought you were. Unofficially anyway" He asks.

I stop pacing to look at him, what is it that so hard for them to understand about wanting to be an official member of the Avengers? I am qualified and have proven myself capable isn't that enough?

"I want it to be official. I don't care if that means Fury finds out about my powers and who I am" I say waving my hands around.

"You don't mean that" He sighs shaking his head.

I run my hands through my hair feeling even more frustrated.

"Yes I do! It is my choice, it is either I join the team as an Avenger or I save people on my own" I say sternly not giving him any room to argue.

"Where is this coming from"? He asks keeping his voice level.

I sigh heavily suddenly the fight fades away leaving only exhaustion.

"I asked Clint for his opinion on my going to Fury, we yelled at each other and now I'm here" I say sitting on the bed next to him.

We sit there not saying anything.

"I think and this is just my opinion, you and Clint need to cool off before going to Fury about being an official member of the Avengers" Steve says.

He's probably right I'm too frustrated to really think straight I'd most likely say something that would get either myself or the team in big trouble.

"You make a good point" I admit.

"I did didn't I" He smiles.

I chuckle there's that Steve Rogers humor a little corny but totally funny.

"I should go talk to Clint shouldn't I" I ask running a hand through my hair.

"Yes you should. I don't like the idea of him alone in the tower after everything he's been through" Steve says getting up from the bed.

I feel guilty now for just teleporting away after our fight. Not my smartest plan, I can still see the look on his face.

"Thanks Steve" I say giving him a hug before teleporting to the tower.

Its quiet in the common room, all the glass has been cleaned up.

"Jarvis"? I ask suddenly feeling on edge.

"Welcome home Ms Stark" He replies smoothly.

I spin in a circle taking a survey of the room it looks pretty much the same as it was when I left minus the glass.

"Where is Clint"? I ask still feeling uneasy, like there's a bad vibe in here.

"Agent Barton left approximately 45 minutes ago, he neglected to inform me when his return would be" Jarvis says.

Not good.

"Did he say where he was going? He isn't in a good place right now" I say rushing to my room to change my clothes.

"Somewhere he could find a drink. I informed him that the kitchen was fully stocked with beverages but he left anyway" Jarvis explains.

"I don't think he was looking for that kind of drink J" I sigh putting my winter boots on.

"Alcohol" He asks.

I nod, slipping on my winter jacket and pink knit hat.

"Does he have his Avengers card? You can track him down with that" I say getting on the elevator.

"Unfortunately it is in Agent Barton's apartment along with his phone" Jarvis says sadly.

Come on Clint I'm trying to find you so I can apologize.

"What I wouldn't give for Heimdall's all seeingness right now or Thor" I say with a sigh.

I jump in the SUV that Happy loves to use, something tells me it's going to be a trick to find a Sheild spy who doesn't want to be found.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 3.2K 53
Kathleen Stark sister of Tony Stark is a shield agent, Avenger , Fire created, object manipulator. Kathleen fights beside her team mates through thi...
87.3K 3.2K 20
Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist, and brother. Tony was 6 when his little sister Loral Stark was born. 10 years later Loral grew up, and...
275 225 15
Emma & Evelyn, two sisters whose dreams come true, but will their story unfold the way they expected? I created this story with my friend, @MariaMax...
22.9K 774 64
Amelia Stark, one of Tony Stark's twins who were taken when they were just 6 years old, after 12 years of being held captive and enduring terrible th...