Kissing Away Insecurities | ✓

By anamika_writes

Separated by distance united by hearts. But what happens when time leaves insecurities etched on hearts? A c... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Her Life
Chapter 2 - His Excitement
Chapter 3 - Incredulity
Chapter 4 - Restless Eyes
Chapter 5 - Bewildering Changes
Chapter 6 - Hand In Hand
Chapter 7 - Little Perfections
Chapter 8- Another Surprise ?
Chapter 9 - On Her Mind, In His Heart
Chapter 10 - What Hearts Hold
Chapter 11 - Away Or Close?
Chapter 12 - The Pang In Heart
Chapter 13 - Still In Love
Chapter 14 - Searching For Remedy
Chapter 15 - Heartache.
Chapter 16 - His Battles
Chapter 17 - Disobedient Desires
Chapter 18 - Love Is Happiness
Chapter 19 - A Lot In Love
Chapter 20 - Still Falling For You
Chapter 21 - Burning In Your Desire
Chapter 22 - Love Me Like You Do
Chapter 23 - Their Paradise
Chapter 24 - Love Is Still There
Chapter 25 - Heartfelt Kisses
Chapter 26 - Heart Knows
Chapter 27 - Onset Of The Storm
Chapter 28 - Pouring Pain
Chapter 29 - Kissing Away The Pain
Chapter 30 - Love Means Eternity
Chapter 31- Let Me Love You
Chapter 33 - In A Family
Chapter 34 - Love Is Crazy
Chapter 35 - Can't Love You Enough
Chapter 36 - Spoilt Plans
Chapter 37 - Togetherness
Chapter 38 - Seed Of Jealousy
Chapter 39 - Dejected
Chapter 40 - Tumultuous Outburst
Chapter 41 - A Day Without Her
Chapter 42 - Won't Give Up
Chapter 43 - Stubborn Hearts
Chapter 44 - Longing
Chapter 45- Holding On To You
Chapter 46 - Insatiable Need
Chapter 47 - Being A Couple
Chapter 48 - Stubborn Insecurity
Chapter 49 - Pushing Away The Anger
Chapter 50 - L O V E
Chapter 51 - Understanding Unspoken
Chapter 52 - Imperfectly Perfect
Chapter 53 - Celebrating Love
Chapter 54 - Beyond The Insecurities
Last Part & Epilogue
#1.1 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
#1.2 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
Reader's Review & Reader's Journey
"Quotes From The Book"
Feedback & Fun
Reader's Journey
Readers' Digest
Other Books
Author's Note

Chapter 32 - Serendipity

14.2K 1.1K 166
By anamika_writes

"It must be Radha aunty." Anika spoke in a trembling voice straightening down her top. She was about to turn and leave when his hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her. She gasped as her other  hand landed on his shoulder. He fingered her strap which was hanging down and a suppressing grin formed on his face. Embarrassed at her stupidity Anika tore her gaze away from his. Her hand reached for her shoulders, but met his on the way. An intense eye-lock was exchanged. Biting her lips Anika left the kitchen. Shivaay followed her trail. He couldn't help but look at her perfectly swaying bottom. The woman only grew more desirable.

Anika reached the hall with Shivaay close behind her. Her senses trying to rebound. God, in the kitchen they were..? It would be different if they were at the previous home. But this mansion was freaking huge and as a consequence there were many more people around. The doorman, the gardener, and his newly hired security team. Anyone could have entered the kitchen. Oh her insatiable desperation would cause her the epitome of embarrassment someday. She wondered what he was thinking. 

When the doorman opened the gates, a sudden smile of surprise formed on the faces of Shivaay and Anika. It was Priyanka. His sister. Beside her was Nihaal her husband and Raunak their little two and half year old. 

"Surprise!" Her cheerful voice rang.

"Oh ..oh..Pri !" Anika exclaimed, surprise not dwindling from her face. 

Shivaay was still blinking. Well he wasn't the only one to give surprises. 

Anika quickly gave Priyanka, whom she addressed a Pri a warm hug. She parted to hold her hands. "Its so good to see you. What a surprise!" She quickly turned to Nihaal and gave him a quick hug. Priyanka saw Shivaay and then her eyes moved all over the place. Her mother had told him about them moving back into the mansion. She was constantly kept updated. As matter of fact, she was on the video call when the house warming happened. She would have arrived, that week itself if it hadn't been for the unexpected turn of events at her husband's office.

She couldn't believe her eyes. She looked back at Shivaay her eyes moist. They weren't the sugary-kind of siblings. They were the Spice&Ice kind of siblings, always taunting and fighting on surface but deep down there was immense love. She immediately ran to him, hugging him. He had his lips curved into a wide smile, while there was a moisture in his eyes.

Anika gazed at him affectionately. He was the best! Best at everything. She couldn't thank her existence enough for blessing her with Shivaay. Her smile faded slightly, remembering everything that had happened in past one year and past few days.  Uneasiness set in.  She pushed it away before it grew and glanced down at the kid who's was hugging his father's leg.

"Raunak?" She called out to him.

Nihaal tried pulling his son to the front. "Come on Raunu, say hello to Maami!"

She smiled and glanced back when she heard Priyanka's voice.

"I am so proud of you Bhai!" She said cupping Shivaay's face. Shivaay smiled like a proud brother. 

"Wait till you see your room!" He said his pride becoming playful.

She smiled. "My room?"

"Your room." 

Her eyes widened, they still kept her room as her room. She turned back as Nihaal broke in, "Bhai-Behen Reunion done? There are other people here as well."

Anika laughed and so did everyone else. Shivaay hugged Nihaal and Anika smiled.

"Hey champ!" Shivaay called out tot he boy hiding behind his sister.

"Raunu, say hi to Mamma!" Priyanka softly spoke to the little one.

"Hi!" He said and immediately hid his face in his mom's dress. Shivaay grinned ruffling the little boy's hair.

"Nice surprise yaa!" He looked at his sister and then at her husband.

"Well, you have a competition there Bhai!" Priyanka winked.

"Of course I see that!" Said Shivaay looking at her searching eyes.

"Mom Dad, where are they? The special couple."

"Mom-dad?" Shivaay repeated understanding the reason of the visit. 

"Yeah because of Nihaal we couldn't make it on the anniversary. Anyway I can't wait to see their surprised faces. Where are they?"

"Europe!" Shivaay announced pressing his lips.

"Nice joke Bhai. Bhabhs, where are they?" Priyanka turned to Anika.

Anika looked at Shivaay and then at Nihaal and finally at Priyanka. "They are in Europe."

Priyanka blinked baffled. Were the two playing her? Well Shivaay could be, but Anika looked serious. 

"Oh no!" Nihaal commented.

"But–why, how ?

"They were here until like...last week."

"Yeah after that they left for their Europe tour.

"Europe tour?" Priyanka's eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, actually Shiv–"

"Anika and I gifted them an Europe Tour." Shivaay completed it for her and she stared at him.

"I told you, we should tell them. But, you are you. You wanted to give surprise, got an shock. Excellent." Nihaal remarked looking at his wife.

Shivaay stifled a giggle.

"It's not funny Bhai!" Priyanka looked at Shivaay cross.

"It's okay. PRI. Best part is you all are here after so long!" Anika spoke up before the two got into an argument or race to pass witty remarks atbeach other.

"Priyanka, you should learn how to plans surprise!" Shivaay commented, indicating the door man to take the suitcases to the room on the right.

"To That I agree!" Nihaal commented walking past his wife after patting her shoulder.

"You are on my side or his?" Priyanka asked crossing her arms. Slightly sad that her surprise was halfway spoiled by the absence of her parents.

"Well, till I m here, I think I can be truthful!" He winked high-fiving Shivaay. Anika shook her head. "Shivaay stop it. Pri, ignore him. Guess what I was making."

Shivaay stared at his wife. 'Love'. He answered in his head.

"What?" Priyanka's eyes lightened up.

"Chocolate Cake. And for dinner– it's Italian Platter. "

"Wow, Bhabhs. Let me help you."

" No no. I will manage."

"You guys freshen up. I will take care of the cooking."

"But Bhabhs..

" PRI...come let me show you both your room. "

Shivaay smiled. Nihaal nudged him. They were more like friends. "Shall we?"

"Yeah!" Shivaay stated stupidly, aware that he had been noted by his brother in law.

* * *

Anika was hurriedly moving about making some starters. Radha Aunty was also back from the market without zucchini, broccoli and seasoning herbs.

Shivaay entered the kitchen after debating with his sister. He shouldn't have. He was reminded of what they'd left halfway. His sister had a bad timing. Always up for anything to irritate him. 

But he was so happy that she had come. It had been so long since he had seen her. He loved how they still fought, still made fun of each other, still threw those daggers look. Childhood had been exactly that. She was a month younger to him. Her biological father had died leaving behind her pregnant mother. After childbirth even her mother had passed away. Pinky was her mother's distant cousin, the only one she had been on contact with. Shakti and Pinky had immediately decided to bring up the girl as their own. Pinky was in the lactation phase and could be the best mother for Priyanka. Shivaay was only a month old or so then. Ever since then the two had been bought up by Pinky and Shakti. 

They were always brought up with equal attention from the parents. But as a natural instinct there was always healthy competition between the kids and fights were normal. But both had grown to be extremely protective about each other. Teenage was even more eventful. One day enemies and next day friends. Covering up for each other in front of parents and settling accounts later. He and been such an emotional mess when she had got married. Love marriage!

Nihaal was in her college. Shivaay always found the guy very sober and best among her twisted friends. But the surprise came when she told him one day that she liked Nihaal. He never expected Priyanaka to fall for a simple guy like Nihaal. But then she was Priyanka– Moody and Unpredictable. He had laughed so hard when she had come to him asking him to help her out. Out of all people she had come to him. He knew zero about love and relationships. His only love was sports, gaming and sleeping in those days. Oh he was always the lazy one in the family. From childhood he had been the one most scolded by Pinky for going to sleep late and waking up late.

In her final year, Priyanka finally confessed her secret love for Nihaal. Shivaay was so sceptical. He was scared her sister's heart would break of the guy rejected. He had sensed that Nihaal was different from Priyanka. He was gentleman kind, funny, homely and family kind of guy. Priyanka had the image of being the spoilt brat with best grades in college. She would bully everyone. The guys were so scared of her. Only the brave few were the ones who were in her friends circle. One of them was Nihaal.

But, that day she had returned home with the widest smile he had ever seen on her face. She remembered how she had animatedly repeated why Nihaal had said to her. The next problem was their parents. They both knew having a girlfriend or boyfriend was not the kind of thing that their parents would be okay with. After three months of slow manipulating, the two had finally made their parents agree to let them have a girlfriend/boyfriend. But they were warned of not stepping the limit.

Priyanka had made Shivaay tell them first that he had a girlfriend. Which never existed. He still remembered the look his mother had given him. Hitler mom!  Then Priyanka had started so casually pretence. Pretending of having a crush she occasionally told their parents she like a guy but painted like it was impossible for that guy to have anything to with Priyanka. Her reverse tactic worked. Her parents started so causally teasing her about the guy and that was the story how Priyanaka's marriage finally happened to Nihaal.

 Nihaal and Shivaay, were the only two who knew about this. They were her secret keepers. In the eight month of her marriage itself Priyanka had given birth to Raunak! Shivaay was so mad at her, for the evident. That was one low phase on their relationship. He hadn't spoken to her for a month. But Priyanka had finally managed to get him to talk to her. He couldn't be mad at her for long. After that of was them being back to normal. Fighting, arguing, teasing and annoying each other. 

When Radha Aunty left the kitchen Shivaay grinned as Anika looked up at him casually.

"Want some help?" He asked advancing.

"No!" She said immediately, her eyes widening.

"I can help, you know!" He grinned.

"Not a step closer. " Anika said laughing.

"Why?"

"Why?" She repeated amusingly.

He shrugged, grinning.

The oven beeped. "Finally, the cake is ready!" He announced.

She punched him slightly on the side of his ribs. "Thanks to you!"

"Cheater. You had equal participation, let me remind you that Madam!"

"Shut up Shivaay!"

"Priyanak sure couldn't choose a better time. "

Anika laughed. "Desperate, are we?"

"Very Wifey!" He said reaching her, to give her a back hug. 

"No. Please." She said and moved away quickly.

"Hmm..irresistible, am I?"

She turned and gave him a look. 

"What?"

"Don't feed your ego."

"So you don't find me irresistibly sexy with my stubble? "

She blinked. He was obsessed with his stubble. Truth to be told – she loved him and his stubble, it indeed made him irresistibly sexy. But, she wasn't going to let him know that.

"What if I say no?" She asked amusingly.

"I will make you moan a yes!" He said staring right into her eyes. A piercing desirous gaze. She tore away from that intense eye lock, tucking her hair behind her ear. He smirked and quickly walked over to her and placed a kiss on her cheeks in a jiffy.

Before she could react he stepped away. "Your eyes, your behavior, that act of tucking your hair, that clueless state of mind and that creeping up blush say a lot." He winked picking up the plates she had brought out and walked to the dinning table. She smiled widely,blushing profusely. She loved him so much. 

Cheesy?

Does anyone sense anything ?

-Anami!💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

504K 40.9K 67
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
1.5M 64.8K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
466K 22.2K 74
Book 2 of New Beginnings. Rank #1 in general fiction (14/9/23) Rank#6 in romance (21/6/2022) Rank #1 in general fiction (22/9/2021 & 22/7/2022) Rank...
1.3M 99.1K 48
[Featured - AmbassadorsIN] ༻❁༺ Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. ༻❁༺ Kabir, a widowed single father, finds him...