The Makeover

By itssaleena

Rosalie has been teased all her life because she wasn't pretty, and to be honest she never really cared. She... More

The Makeover [Prologue]
The Makeover [1]
The Makeover [2]
The Makeover [3]
The Makeover [4]
The Makeover [5]
The Makeover [6]
The Makeover [7]
The Makeover [8]
The Makeover [9]
The Makeover [10]
The Makeover [11]
The Makeover [12]
The Makeover [13]
The Makeover [14]
The Makeover [15]
The Makeover [16]
The Makeover [17]
The Makeover [18]
The Makeover [19]
The Makeover [20]
The Makeover [22]
The Makeover [Epilogue]

The Makeover [21]

16.1K 620 168
By itssaleena

The Makeover
CHAPTER 21 (EDITED)

“Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.” 
― Aristotle

                                      Rosalie Johnson

After being dropped off at home by Christopher, I entered the house to be greated by my mother and father. My mother had a knowing smirk on her face and my dad had a slightly annoyed expression. 

"Hey guys," I said hestaintly as I slowly closed the door behind me. 

"Rosalie Johnson, just where have you been!" Oh darn. My dad just pulled out the first and last name card. This couldn't be good. Not at all. 

"You know," I cleared my throat as I tried to think up an excuse, "out and about." I said waving my hand randomly in the air as I mentally smacked myself in the forehead for such a lame excuse. 

My mom simply raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything as my father narrowed his eyes. 

"Living room. Now," my dad said pointing to the area. He stepped aside to let me walk in the area and I knew there was no way of getting out of this. Not only did my dad use my full name, but condemned me to the living room. This is were my dad usually gives his serious talks and if serious enough, punishments such as the time I first ditched school with Christopher. 

As I sat down on the couch, my mom and dad took the seats on the opposite side of me. My dad's eyes softened slightly as he watched my mom struggle to sit down and helped her slowly sink into the soft cushions. 

There was a moment of silence. My dad looked like he was contemplating on what to say and my mother still eyed me with that unbearable smirk on her face. 

"Spill," she finally said and I frowned. 

"Uh," I said trailing off. I hated when they did that because I didn't know what they knew. It was a trick they liked to use often. They could know the littest of imformation, but by making me explain what happened first meant giving away details that they probably didn't know. It sounded confusing, but it was smart on their part. 

When I took too long to respond my father looked even more stressed. I wasn't going to lie, but for a man in his mid-forties - my dad hid his age well -  he looked like he aged about ten years in that moment. 

"Rosalie, we got a call from your school," my dad said bluntly. No more beating around the bush. Just straight to the point.

"Oh," I said, but I didn't expand. I was determind to not fall into their trap. 

"They said that someone posted several pictures of you -- you --"

"-- kissing a boy," my mother intergected with a grin. She looked as if she hit the million dollar jackpot, my dad on the other hand looked sick. I don't think he could handle the fact that his little girl was growing up. 

"It's not as bad as you think --"

"--You ditched class to go see that boy ... again!" My father cried as he interuppted me and I frowned. This was not going to end well for me, not at all. 

"Dad --"

"I forbid you from seeing that boy," my father yelled. 

"No, you don't understand," I said, but my dad was having none of it. Even my mother looked like she agreeed somewhat with my father, which annoyed me because my mom always seemed supportive of our relationship. 

"I don't understand what?" My father questioned as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"I -- I ... I don't know. I just can't leave him. Not now. At least meet him before you make any decisions," I said trying to grasp what little straws I could. 

My dad opened his mouth to say something, but it was my mother how spoke first. "I agree. We will meet this boy before any decisons are made," my mother said and I felt like kissing her feet in happiness. 

"Honey," my dad started, but my mother gave him stern look before he succmbed to my mother's decision on the matter. My father sighed and ran his fingers through his neatly combed hair before saying, "here," he handed my a small chip and I stared at it confused. "I never cancelled your plan. I just took out your sim card," My father stated. My jaw dropped as I stared at his smug smile. 

"Well played father," I said with a raised eyebrow and he grinned. 

"So are we okay?" I questioned. 

"Yes," he sighed. "But if I don't like this boy, you two are done. Deal?" My father asked and I agreed. We shoke hands on it and we all stood up. 

Now only thing I had to do was to get Christopher to agree to coming over for dinner.

***

The whole school wouldn't stop staring at us. I clasped Christopher's hand tighter in mine and he gave me a ressuring squeeze back as we continued to head through the halls. 

I wondered for a moment if we should ditch again, but the last thing I needed was to get into even more trouble. As we headed to my locker, I spotted Amber with a disgrunteled look talking to Damien. 

When she caught me walking by she raised an eyebrow and blew a kiss towards me while pointing to Christopher. I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue. 

"It's werid," Christopher muttered in my ear. 

"That everyone is staring at us?" I said. 

"Yes, I'm used to this, but not like this. I wasn't made to withstand this type of attention," he admitted and I nodded my head in agreement. I was so used to be looking at me with disgust that with the looks people were giving me seemed so strange and made me somewhat uncomfortable. 

 "Come on, let's head to our lockers." I tugged on his arm and started speeding up

"Watch where you're going loser," Tiffany laughed along with her friends. I was getting ready to say something nasty back when I realized something feel from her bag. 

Picking it up and flipping it over, my jaw dropped. 

"It was you!" I yelled holding up the picture. By now, if people weren't looking at us already, they were now. 

"Excuse me?" Tiffany said with a flip of her hair as she turned around, but paled at the sight of the photo I held in my hand. It was a picture of christopher and I kissing, the same one that was posted around the school. "I-- I don't know what you're talking about?" She stuttered as she continued to eye the picture in fear. 

"What do you mean you don't know? This fell out of your bag," I said waving it around and she glared. 

"No, it didn't --"

"I should have known!" I cried. "The time I left the classroom, you followed me, didn't you? You just couldn't handle the fact that Damien didn't want to date you, could you?" I snapped as I jabbed a finger towards where Damien and Amber stood shocked. 

"Well, I'm not the two timing whore who can't be happy with one guy," Tiffany shot back as she took a step closer to me; her face turning a nasty shade of red as she despertly tried to defend herself. 

"I am happy with one guy because what you can't seem to get through your head is that Damien has friends that are girls. We were never dating," I said adressing not only Tiffany, but anyone who could hear me. I was mad when people thought that Damien and I were dating. I could only imagine what everyone else thought now that they had seen the picture of Christopher and I dating. "Oh and expect a call from the princibal sometime soon," I said with a wink as I held the photo tighter in my hand. 

"You bitch!" I heard Tiffany yell and before I knew it I was being tackeled to the ground. She tried to claw at me, but Christopher grabbed Tiffany by the waist and pulled her off of me, but once I was free I went to go lunge at her, only to have a musceled arm wrapped around me. Looking up I saw Damien and pouted when I let him drag me away.

"Rosalie Johnson and C. Davis to the princibal  office." A voice said over the PA and both Christopher and I looked at each other from across the hall. 

Damn.

Dropping Tiffany like a sack of potatoes, Christopher came towards me and took my hand into his. We passed through the laughing crowd as they watched Tiffany stomp around complaining. She looked abosloutely ridiculous. 

As we passed by, Christopher looked down at me with a worried expression. Which sorely reminded me of the fact that the school knew we ditched school yesterday and it would only get worse if they knew that there was almost a fight. 

As we continued to head down the hall towards the office, the amount of students around the school started to thin out with the bell being very close to ringing. 

As we entered the office, Christopher froze. At first I didn't udnerstand why until I saw a very gorgous man and woman standing next to each other talking to the princibal of our school. It wasn't hard to tell that these people looked like a carbon copy of the Christopher or Christopher looked like a carbon copy of them. 

The woman looked graceful as she wore a black dress with matching accessories. Her black hair fell straight down her back as she smiled. Her lips coated in dark red and had green eyes that sparkeled every so often in the light. The man next to her reminded me of Christopher's uncle, but more fit and looked only a few years older than Christopher himself. He looked like he had an edge to him as he stood proud and tall. His dark mass of curls combed neatly as his grey eyes were sharp and focused. 

It wasn't until Christopher cleared his throat slightly that the adults realized that we were in the room. 

Christopher's mother turned with a smile at the sight of her son, but his dad ... His dad looked expresionless. Gone the smile he presented charmingly to the princibal. 

"I'll leave you four to chat," our princibal said as he gestured to his office. Once we stepped into the rather plain office, I knew that this was a lot more than just the posters and us ditching class yesterday. 

Before either one of us, Christopher and I, could say anything, his father threw done a pile of magazines. Each had the same distigtive picture that I clutched in my hand.

"Ahston's secret love affair."

"Ashton Davis attends high school."

None of them seemed to understand that Christopher and Ahston were two different people, but how long would it take before they found out the truth. All it took was someone from this school to say something and it will all come crashing down. 

"Do you know what affect this has on Ashton's career? How many people are calling to asking about this photo and her," he said pointing at me with a sneer. Was this seriously Christopher's father? When Damien first told me about Christopher's father, I couldn't picture anyone doing that, but as I stared at the handsome man in front of me with an ugly soul, I could now see it. It only made me want to get closer to Christopher and keep this awful man away.

"Dad --"

"--You're transfering school's," his father snapped and I gasped. 

"Sir, you can't do that," I said, but stopped when Christopher's grip on my hand tightened on mine. 

A nasty smirk came over the man's face as he looked down on me, "Oh, can't I? I am, in fact, the boy's father am I not?" He questioned sarcatically. 

"Only when it when it benefits you," Christopher hissed and his dad only raised an eyebrow.

"Do not talk back, boy. You got three days before you transfer to Halton Berry," his father said. 

"Halton Berry!" Christopher yelled and I paled. Halton Berry was nowhere near here. It was much more north and noutoriously known for being the school for unwanted kids. It was least an eight hour drive from here. 

"Yes," his father smirked and I punched him in the face. 

[ note from saleena ]

Hot damn. Some serious drama ... I think. A bit of a short chapter, but I hoped you liked it. Sorry, for the long author's note, but I think it's best if you read it. 

So I've been getting asked if I would be doing a sequel and I kind of want to, but at the same time I don't. I really just want to move on from this story and start something new. Before when I first ended this story (people who have been here since the the very beginning will understand), I did post one, but I don't think I can try doing that again. Once I end this story, this will be it. I'm sorry. 

The good news on the other hand is that the next chapter is the release of Rosalie's magazine photoshoot she did ealier within the story. Are you excited?

Anyways, I hoped you liked this chapter and in case you've lost track, there is only four chapters left of this story. Crazy, right? I'm not sure when the next update will be. I have a lot of time on my hands so the next chapter might be sooner than later :)

Shameless self-promoting: Like Thriller / Mystery genres? Then check out my new short story Psychotic. I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 7 16
Rosalie is a 18 year old girl just going into her last year of school when a tragedy strucks. Will the bad boy of her dreams save her from her nightm...
270 1 18
Book 1 in the ''My Friend, My Lover, My Everything''. Rosalie never thought that when she joined Stargate Command that her life would change as much...
13K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...
986 259 56
"Because you're too perfect." He said sipping the alcohol again. I tried to remove it from his grip but he yanked my hand away ."That's enough you'r...