Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All Rights Go To The CW. The Vampire Diaries characters and plot lines are not mine, nor or the songs used to... More

characters & trailer
Character Theme Songs And Ships & outfit links
chapter 1 - The Birthday
chapter 2 - The Hybrid
chapter 3 - The End of the Affair
chapter 5 - The Reckoning
chapter 6 - Smells Like Teen Spirit
chapter 7 - Ghost World
chapter 8 - Ordinary People
chapter 9 - Homecoming
chapter 10 - The New Deal
chapter 11 - Our Town
chapter 12 - The Ties That Bind
chapter 13 - Bringing Out the Dead
chapter 14 - Dangerous Liaisons
chapter 15 - All My Children
chapter 16 - 1912
chapter 17 - Break On Through
chapter 18 - Murder of One
chapter 19 - Heart of Darkness
chapter 20 - Do Not Go Gentle
chapter 21 - Before Sunset
chapter 22 - The Departed
Bloopers

chapter 4 - Disturbing Behavior

1.2K 27 15
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link 

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Damon: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 2.14 "Crying Wolf", on the dock of the Gilbert Lake House, Elena stood outside on the dock, wrapped in a blanket.

Stefan wrapped his arms around Elena from behind, kissing her on the cheek.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 Masquerade) "Do Elena..."

From 2.22 "As I Lay Dying", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon and Alex continued to kiss passionately in front of the fireplace.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 Masquerade) "Alex..."

From 2.11 "By the Light of the Moon", in the pouring rain, Cristian and Liv looked at each other for a long moment, smiling, kissing for a few, long, endless moments.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 Masquerade) "And Liv enjoy having all of you worship at their alters?"

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", at the prep rally, Alex, Elena and Stefan were talking.

Stefan opened the box to reveal Elena's necklace. "I wanted you to have this."

Stefan put the necklace on Elena.

"It's so pretty," Alex told him. "Where did you get it?"

"I got it too long ago to remember," Stefan told them. "But, if you really like it..." He pulled out Alex's bracelet. "I think you'll like this just fine."

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", outside of Gloria's Bar, Kaylin and Nicola were arguing. Alex, Elena and Liv were watching.

"We can't give up on you, Kaylin," Nicola told her.

Kaylin looked back at them, nodding. "Yes, you can." Alex tried to vervain Kaylin from behind. Kaylin caught her wrist without looking at her, twisting her arm to break it, flipping Alex over her head onto the car hood next to her, making the windshield shatter, shocking Nicola, Elena and Liv. "It is done!" Alex looked up, groaning in pain. "That part of my life is done! I don't want to see any of you. I don't want to talk to any of you. I just want all of you to go."

Kaylin looked at them, hoping that they bought her act, turning around, walking away.

They didn't have a choice but to let her go.

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in the Forbes Cellar, Caroline was still tied to a chair. She struggled with the hand restraints to no avail. She heard a noise. "Daddy, are you there?"

Bill walked over to a chain, pulling on it, rotating slats on the window above and behind her which bathed Caroline in sunlight.

Caroline started to burn in the sunlight, screaming in agony.

Bill: (voice over from 3.03 The End of the Affair) "I'm conditioning you to associate vampirism with pain."

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in the foyer of the cellar, Bill closed the locked the door. He heard a gun being cocked, looking up.

Liz was standing at the top of the stairs above him, aiming a gun down at him. "Hello, Bill."

Eliza walked downstairs to stand in front of Bill. "Dad, it's Caroline. She's still the same Care. You know she is."

Bill shook his head. "She's not the same girl, Liza."

Tyler came out, walking down the stairs behind Eliza, walking closer.

Bill took a step toward him. "You're not going in there."

Eliza stepped in his way, giving him a hard look. "Daddy, you let him go. What are you going to do, Dad? You going to hurt me, too? You going to torture me like you tortured Care?" Bill shook his head painfully, begging for her to understand, trying to place a hand on her shoulder. Eliza took a step back, holding up her hand to stop him from touching her. "Don't." 

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in Gloria's Bar, Klaus and Gloria were talking.

"A hybrid out to make more hybrids?" Gloria asked.

"So what am I doing wrong?" Klaus asked.

"We'd have to contact the witch who created it," Gloria told him.

"Well, that would be the Original Witch," Klaus told her. 

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in the warehouse, Klaus opened one of his family's coffins to reveal Rebekah.

Gloria: (voice over from 3.03 The End of the Affair) "Bring me Rebekah. She has what I need."

Klaus took the dagger out of Rebekah's chest. "Time to wake up, little sister."

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in flashback in Gloria's Bar, Stefan and Rebekah had finished killing the woman. 

Stefan saw her necklace, revealing that it was Elena's necklace. "It's beautiful."

"It goes with this," Rebekah told him, looking down at the matching bracelet. Alex's bracelet. "The bracelet was my sister's before my brother killed her. A witch gave them to us. Supposedly they're magical."

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in Gloria's Bar, Kaylin found the picture of her and Klaus on the wall, shocked and in surprised, taking the picture off. "What the hell is this?"

Klaus knew that she would have found that picture if he had sent he back there, smirking. He stood, walking closer. "Well, I told you, Kaylin. Chicago's a magical place."

"But this is me," Kaylin told him. "With you."

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in the warehouse, Klaus and Kaylin walked in.

"Why don't I remember you?" Kaylin asked.

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in flashback of Gloria's Bar, Klaus and Kaylin sat at the bar. Klaus smiled. Kaylin placed a hand on his cheek, kissing him passionately. Klaus held his hand to the back of her head, caressing it closer to deepen the kiss.

In another flashback, Klaus and Kaylin were dancing. Klaus smiled, at peace with the moment he was in, spinning Kaylin to face him, twirling her again. Kaylin smiled happily, laying her head on his shoulder as they continued to dance.

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in Gloria's Bar, Kaylin and Klaus were sitting at the bar.

Kaylin looked at Klaus in confusion. "You compelled both of us to forget?"

Klaus clearly still felt guilty for that night, not wanting to show her how much it still affected him. "It was time for Rebekah and I to move on. Better to have a clean slate."

"But why?" Kaylin asked. "You shouldn't have to cover your tracks." She pointed at him. "Unless you're running from someone."

From 3.03 "The End of the Affair", in the warehouse, Kaylin hesitantly walked in, looking at Rebekah, but she didn't remember her.

Rebekah was shocked to see her. "Kaylin... Where's... where is Stefan?"

Kaylin didn't answer, completely overwhelmed, not knowing what to do.

Klaus looked at Kaylin for a moment, walking closer, putting his hand on her shoulder, compelling her. "Now you remember."

Kaylin started to remember everything, closing her eyes. She was completely overwhelmed with the memories, looking at Klaus. "I remember... the way I used to feel about you." Klaus smiled a small smile. Kaylin turned to Rebekah. "And I remember you. We were all friends."

Klaus walked toward Rebekah. "What do you have that Gloria needs?"

Rebekah touched her neck. "Where's my necklace?" She looked at her wrist. "Where's Kassandra's bracelet?" She went back to another coffin next to hers, opening it to reveal their sister Kassandra from 2.19 Klaus, still in the same clothes she had been in that night when she had tried to kill Katerina/Katherine and Klaus had daggered her for it. Rebekah took her wrist, but there wasn't anything on it. "We need to find them, Nik. Now, I want my necklace back!" She looked at Klaus, pointing to Kassandra in the coffin. "Sandra will kill me if she ever found out I lost her bracelet!"

"Tell me those aren't what the witch needs, Rebekah!" Klaus told her, grabbing her arms.

Kaylin looked away, remembering the bracelet and necklace Rebekah had dropped in the bar. They had connected like magnets, like magic.

They were the same necklace and bracelet Stefan gave Elena and Alex.

---~---

Day One 

Chicago, Illinois 

Clothing Store

(Song:) Ready to Go - Martin Solveig ft. Kele 

Klaus and Kaylin were sitting in two separate chairs, drinking champagne, waiting for Rebekah to try on different dresses.

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah complained from the fitting room.

"There's not," Kaylin told her, looking down at her daylight necklace, messing with the pendant on it. 

Rebekah walked out of the fitting room. She was wearing a short, black dress.

Kaylin was remembering when she had taken Nicola to New York for the Bon Jovi concert, when they had gone to a clothing store much like this, in 1.09 History Repeating. She looked down in nostalgia, managing a small smile, clearly missing it.

Rebekah looked at them in annoyance. "So, women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then." Kaylin looked up. "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus told her. He looked at Kaylin, winking. "Most of them, anyway."

"And what's this music?" Rebekah asked. "It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music," Kaylin answered.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah asked.

Kaylin nodded. "Mm-hmm."

"Are we done?" Klaus asked.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked.

"I needed two things from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, two things," Klaus told her. "Your necklace and Kassandra's bracelet. And you lost them."

"I didn't lose them," Rebekah told him. "They've just been missing for 90 years. Kassandra wouldn't like that much." She looked at Kaylin. "So, what do you think? Is this something you'd wear?"

Kaylin nodded, even though she looked as if she was thinking 'No way in hell'. "Yes." Klaus looked at Kaylin knowingly, tilting his head, smirking. Kaylin looked at him innocently. "What? I told her that's something I'd wear."

"I can always tell when you're lying, Kaylin," Klaus told her

Kaylin leaned forward in her seat, pretending to be debating something, standing, walking toward the rack of clothing next to Rebekah.

Rebekah gave Kaylin a confused but expectant look.

Kaylin shuffled through the clothes.

Klaus leaned forward in his chair in amusement, wondering where she was going with this.

Kaylin pulled out a white shirt and jean shorts, turning to Rebekah, handing them to her. "There. That's something I'd actually wear." She looked from Rebekah to Klaus, smiling, tilting her head, raising her arms in a shrug. "Happy?"

Rebekah smiled. "Ecstatic."

Rebekah walked inside the fitting room.

Kaylin sighed, walking back toward her chair, grabbing her champagne, drinking.

Klaus looked at Kaylin. "Nice one. Good work."

"Hey, I don't see you doing anything," Kaylin replied, drinking the rest of her champagne.

"Retail therapy for my sister driving you insane?" Klaus asked

"I know it's driving you insane, which is just as well, being you're the one that pulled the dagger out of her," Kaylin told him.

"I heard that," Rebekah called.

Kaylin sighed, putting her glass down. "All right. I'm gonna get some fresh air."

Kaylin walked away.

Klaus smirked, pouring himself more champagne.

At the door, Kaylin was about to go out when she saw Cristian across the street.

Cristian nodded for Kaylin to follow him.

Kaylin was even more annoyed and angry, looking back toward the direction Rebekah and Klaus were still in to make sure they weren't paying attention, walking out of the store to follow Cristian.

(Song Ends)

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Gilbert House - Kitchen

Damon and Alex were cooking.

Elena was standing nearby.

Liv walked in.

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck," Damon them. "Everybody brings chili." He looked at Liv. "Hey, Liv."

"What's up?" Liv asked.

"What time do you want to go to the Lockwood party?" Alex asked.

"Do I really have to go?" Liv complained.

"Yes," Alex answered. "You're going to be there."

"Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought chili," Damon told them.

"It's an old family recipe, okay?" Elena asked.

"Yeah!" Damon told them. "I know. I knew your old family. They made sucky chili."

Damon smiled. Alex laughed, nudging him with her shoulder.

Elena looked a little jealous.

Liv was weirded out more by the fact that Elena looked jealous than the fact that Damon and Alex were flirting in front of her. She looked at Elena. "Where's Stefan?"

"Probably feeding on some helpless girl when all he needs to do is ask for help," Elena told them.

Liv looked at Damon. "And why are you here, exactly?"

Damon nodded to Elena. "She knows."

"He thinks I'm going to break," Elena told her. "I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer trying to help someone who doesn't want to be helped or looking for someone who didn't want to be found."

"She's in denial," Alex told her.

"I'm not in denial," Elena growled in a whisper.

"No?" Damon asked. He touched Elena's necklace and Alex's bracelet. "Aren't these the reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?"

Liv looked at Damon. "Okay, you said you're here to make sure Elena doesn't break, right?" Damon nodded. "Then why don't you give me answer to why you're flirting with Alex in front of their little sister?" Liv looked at Elena. "And why are you jealous?"

"Liv..." Alex trailed off in embarrassment. "We're not..."

"I'm not jealous," Elena told her unconvincingly.

"Vampirism sure has made your blunt personality even more blunt," Damon told told her.

"Mm-hmm," Liv hummed sarcastically. "I'll see you at the potluck."

Liv waked out, leaving Damon, Alex and Elena completely speechless.

---

Chicago, Illinois 

Street

Kaylin followed Cristian across the street, where neither Klaus or Rebekah could see them. 

Cristian turned to face Kaylin, looking at her expectantly.

Kaylin pushed him against the wall. "What the hell are you still doing here, Cris, hmm?"

"You three look chummy," Cristian told her. "Rebekah your new bestie and Klaus your boyfriend?"

"A, he is not my boyfriend, B, you know, if he finds out you're still in Chicago, you're dead," Kaylin told him.

"Happy to know that you still care," Cristian told her. "So tell me if I'm wrong. Rebekah's necklace and Kassandra's bracelet that Klaus is looking for... That's the necklace and bracelet that Stefan gave to Elena and Alex."

Kaylin smiled sarcastically, starting to back away. "Goodbye, Cristian."

Cristian grabbed her arm to stop her. "Kaylin. Wait. You're up to something, tell me."

"They don't know where the  bracelet and necklace are," Kaylin told him. "I just have to keep them from figuring it out. I have it all under control."

"Please, tell me you have a better plan than that," Cristian told her. Kaylin didn't answer, smiling a sly smile. "You do. Come on, Kaylin. Whatever diabolical plan you've got cooked up, it's not going to work."

"Well, if the most diabolical vampire teenage boy I know can't seem to figure it out, then I must be doing something extremely right," Kaylin told him.

Cristian nodded sarcastically. "Uh-huh. I forgot. You're bad now. Don't get too cocky. Klaus is smarter than you. He's smarter than everyone." Kaylin smirked, backing away. "And just in case you somehow pull it off, be careful. He'll ruin you."

Kaylin used his words against him. "Happy to know you still care."

Kaylin smirked, turning around, walking away, leaving.

Cristian shook his head, scoffing. He turned around, stopping when he saw Katherine in front of him. "You've been spying on us the whole time?"

"Oh, like you can talk," Katherine told him. "1920s, Klaus and Rebekah were running from someone. A hunter. Their immortal friend Rosalita managed to buy them enough time to get then out of Chicago. Pearl told me she knew him. The only other people she told were you and Anna. His name's Mikael. Who is he, Cristian?"

"Thanks for the intel, but I won't tell you anything," Cristian told her. "Not after all the hell you put us through. So, if you're looking for a diabolical partner in crime, I suggest you look elsewhere. Look for someone who doesn't want to kill you. Goodbye, Katherine."

Cristian walked past her, leaving her alone.

Katherine turned to watch him go, scoffing. 

---

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room

Jeremy was in his bedroom, asleep.

Anna's ghost stood nearby. "Jeremy."

Jeremy woke up.

Anna was lying next to him.

Jeremy was shocked, standing. "Anna."

Anna was surprised, sitting up. "You heard me?"

"What are you doing here?" Jeremy asked.

"Wait, like heard me, heard me, or did it sound more like a..." Anna trailed off, standing.

"Where have you been?" Jeremy asked.

"I need to know you can hear me," Anna told him.

"You drop in, you tell me not to trust Vicki, and then you disappear?" Jeremy asked.

Anna gave him a look. "Jeremy! Tell me you can hear me."

Jeremy nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I can hear you, all right? What the hell? What is it?"

Anna was happy that he could hear her. "I've been trying to get you to hear me for days. Yelling your name and screaming."

"You have?" Jeremy asked.

Anna nodded. "What changed? I've been trying to get through to you. Why now?"

"I was dreaming about you," Jeremy answered. "I--"

Anna was touched, sitting on the bed. "You were dreaming about me?"

Jeremy slowly sat next to her. "I can't believe this is actually happening. That you're actually here."

Anna smiled. "I'm here."

---

Foyer

The doorbell rang.

Alex and Elena walked toward the door to open it.

Caroline, Eliza and Kacie were standing outside, bearing food gift.

Caroline smiled. "We come bearing gifts."

Caroline, Eliza and Kacie walked in.

"Please say that's not chili," Alex told them.

Bonnie walked into view.

Elena smiled. "Bonnie!"

"I'm back!" Bonnie told them. Alex, Elena and Bonnie embraced tightly, pulling away after a moment. Bonnie looked between Alex, Elena, Caroline, Eliza and Kacie. "I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for all of you."

Alex, Elena, Caroline, Eliza and Kacie exchanged a look.

Jeremy walked downstairs. "Eliza. Hey, I heard about what happened with your and Caroline's..."

Caroline had a look that said she wanted to hide and die at the mention of their father.

Eliza walked up the stairs to kiss Jeremy to silence him before he made matters worse, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Alex, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie and Kacie were watching, smiling.

Eliza pulled away, forcing a smile, tilting her head toward Caroline. "It's all good..."

Jeremy realized that it wasn't good to talk about it with Caroline around, nodding in understanding, wrapping his arms around Eliza.

Eliza returned the embrace.

Jeremy saw Anna in the reflection of the mirror behind Eliza.

---

Town Square 

Liz and Stefan were walking along a street.

"So, Mayor Lockwood called your gay ex-husband to torture your vampire daughter?" Stefan asked.

"Yes," Liz answered. "I've been keeping him detained to make sure the vervain's out of his system. So you could, you know..."

Liz pointed to her eyes, meaning the gift of compulsion.

Stefan nodded. "Mm. Well, Damon wanted to kill him."

"I know, which is why I called for you to do this," Liz told him. "He's Caroline and Eliza's father."

"He sounds like a dick to me," Stefan told her.

"Yeah, well, just 'cause you and I are on okay terms doesn't mean that I'm suddenly a big advocate for your 'lifestyle'," Liz told him.

Stefan nodded. "Is that what you told him when you two got divorced?"

---

Forbes Cellar - Foyer 

Liz and Stefan walked down the stairs.

"Double check him for vervain before you compel him," Liz told him.

They walked toward the door.

---

Cell

Bill was tied to the chair. He had duct tape on his mouth. 

Liz and Stefan walked in.

Stefan removed the duct tape.

Bill looked at Liz. "You brought another vampire into this?"

"It's the best thing for all of us, Bill," Liz told him. 

"So, Bill, I hear you're into the whole daddy-daughter vampire torture thing," Stefan told him.

"I was trying to help her," Bill told them.

"Well, if there's anyone who doesn't need help, it's Caroline," Stefan told him. He transformed, biting Bill on the neck, drinking a little of his blood to check. He pulled away. "Yep. He's vervain-free."

"Just erase his memory, Stefan," Liz told him.

"So, Bill, I have a question," Stefan told him. "What makes you think that you can change the basic nature of a vampire?"

"The mind's a powerful tool," Bill told them. "It can be trained and retrained. You just have to be strong enough."

"Oh, yeah?" Stefan asked. "I completely agree. I actually happen to love mind control, myself." He compelled Bill. "You will leave town immediately. All you remember is you came to bring Caroline and Eliza back-to-school shopping."

---

Chicago, Illinois 

Gloria's Bar

Gloria was sitting at the table, holding her hands above a large tome on the table filled with candles.

Klaus and Rebekah were standing at the bar.

Rebekah was wearing the outfit Kaylin had picked out for her.

Kaylin walked in.

"You left us," Rebekah told her.

"Yeah, sorry," Kaylin told them. "Retail therapy was making my head explode."

"Tell me about it," Klaus told her glumly.

Kaylin looked at Gloria. "What's she doing?"

"She's failing," Klaus answered.

"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on," Gloria told them.

"So use me," Rebekah told her, walking closer. "I only wore my necklace for a thousand years and Kassandra's bracelet for 500."

"See?" Gloria asked. "Now this one offers a solution." Rebekah sat on the table. Gloria looked at Klaus. "Though, it would be easier on me to have help from the other owner. Kassandra."

"I already brought you Rebekah, I'm not bringing you Kassandra," Klaus replied. "Kassandra tried to kill Katerina and ruined my chance to become a hybrid 500 years ago."

"Kassandra tried to end your and Elijah's feuding," Rebekah corrected. "Sandra was trying to keep this family from falling apart."

Kaylin looked down.

"I don't care, just look for the damn things," Klaus told them, ignoring the request to bring Kassandra back.

Gloria looked at Rebekah. "All right, give me your hand, sweetheart."

Rebekah gave Gloria her hand.

Kaylin looked a little nervous. "She's, uh, looking for the necklace and Kassandra's bracelet, huh?"

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Gilbert House - Kitchen

Kacie, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, Alex, and Eliza were all in the kitchen now, standing or sitting around the island. 

Elena and Alex were cooking. Caroline and Eliza were helping.

Kacie plopped a chip in her mouth.

"The problem with my dad's normal side of the family is normal made for a really boring summer," Bonnie told them.

"After the last few painful as hell full moons, I would kill for a normal family," Kacie told them.

"Yeah, but killing is what got you into this mess," Alex told her teasingly.

"Ha," Kacie told her sarcastically, waving her head.

"Hey, it's not just Kacie who'd kill for a normal family," Caroline told them. "After the last few days, I would."

Eliza scoffed playfully, smiling. "No offense taken."

"Eliza, you're the only one in our family who is normal," Caroline told her. "Someone tries to take that away, I would kill them."

Eliza smiled, helping Elena and Alex decant the chili in the casserole. "Since when did you guys learn how to cook?"

"Damon helped a little," Elena answered.

"Damon's helping you cook now?" Kacie asked.

Alex smiled a forced smile. "All of you stop judging. He's just trying to be a good..."

Elena's necklace shocked her while Alex's bracelet shocked her. "Ow!"

"Oh!" Eliza told them. "Did I splash you?"

"No, no, my necklace," Elena told them.

"My bracelet," Alex told them.

Elena and Alex moved the charms to show a burn mark on Elena's chest and a burn mark on Alex's arm.

---

Chicago, Illinois

Gloria's Bar

Gloria continued to use Rebekah as an anchor to find the necklace and bracelet. "I can sense something."

Kaylin was nervous because she knew that if they found the bracelet and necklace, they would find Alex and Elena.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Gilbert House - Kitchen

Kacie, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, Alex, and Eliza were all in the kitchen, standing or sitting around the island. 

Elena and Alex looked at the burn marks on their skin in confusion.

"They burned us," Elena told them.

Alex looked at the burn mark on her arm. "It's not healing."

"Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be wearing them," Kacie told them.

"Kacie..." Eliza trailed off.

"What?" Kacie asked innocently. She looked at Elena. "I'm just saying if you're going to be 'cooking' without Stefan." She looked at Alex. "And you're going to be 'flirting' with Damon and you guys are going to be breaking your promise to Nicola about helping her get Kaylin back."

Bonnie looked at Elena's necklace and Alex's bracelet. "Let me see them."

---

Chicago, Illinois 

Gloria's Bar

Gloria was still casting the spell to find them, using Rebekah to do so.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Gilbert House - Kitchen

Kacie, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, Alex, and Eliza were all in the kitchen, standing or sitting around the island. 

Elena and Alex held the necklace and bracelet by the chains.

Bonnie was touching the charms.

They shocked all three of them, making them all drop them to the counter.

They were all looking at each other, all of them completely shocked.

They looked down at the necklace and bracelet as the charms drew to each other, connecting, like magnets, glowing brightly. 

The girls all gasped, taking a step back, covering their eyes.

The glow faded to nothing.

Alex looked down at her burn mark as it finally healed.

They were all in shock.

---

Chicago, Illinois

Gloria's Bar

Gloria finished her spell. She dropped Rebekah's hand, looking at Klaus and Kaylin. "I found them."

Kaylin was very apprehensive, trying to remain expressionless as possible.

---~---

Rebekah looked at Gloria impatiently. "So where are they?" 

"It doesn't work like that, doll," Gloria told her. "I get images. There are sisters with four of their friends."

"Yes, dead sisters with four dead friends, if I don't get my necklace and Kassandra's bracelet back," Rebekah told them.

"Well, I'll have to dive back in to get the details," Gloria told them.

"So dive," Klaus told her.

"I need more time," Gloria told them. "And space. You're harshing my juju."

"We can wait," Klaus told them.

"I'm sure you can," Gloria told them. "But that's not what I asked."

Kaylin walked closer to Rebekah. "Hey. Hey, you know, why don't we just come back later? I'm hungry. I'll let you pick who we eat."

Rebekah and Kaylin looked at Klaus.

Klaus knew that Kaylin was trying to form a friendship with Rebekah again while ignoring him because she was trying to pay him back for the compulsion and the secrets. He was jealous that Kaylin was ignoring him and being friends with Rebekah.

Rebekah smirked smugly, happy that Kaylin was doing this because it also gave him revenge for leaving her daggered for 90 years.

Kaylin and Rebekah walked out, leaving.

Klaus sighed, following them, walking out, leaving.

Gloria watched them go.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Lockwood Mansion - Outside

(Song:) Go Outside - Cults

The lawns of the mansion were filled with people sitting at tables at the potluck.

Elena and Caroline sat together on one bench.

Alex, Eliza and Kacie sat on the other.

Bonnie joined them with her grimoire, sitting next to Elena and Caroline on the other bench. "I have an identification spell that might be able to tell me what magic affected the necklace and bracelet." Alex and Elena handed the items in question to her. "It's going to take a while, so tell me if someone's coming, okay?"

Eliza nodded.

Kacie looked at Alex. "So, you're starting to go full-speed with a Salvatore now, too?"

"What?" Alex asked.

Bonnie and Eliza gave her a look. "Kacie..."

Caroline looked at Bonnie. "Stay focused." Bonnie looked back down at the book. Caroline looked at Eliza. "Stay lookout."

Eliza looked around to stay lookout.

Kacie looked at Alex. "As your friend who worries for you daily, what is the deal with you and Damon?"

"There is no deal," Alex told them. "We've... just gotten closer, and... And things are really good."

"Yeah, but that doesn't make him any less Damon," Kacie told her.

"If Eliza's and my own father, who Eliza and I both love dearly, can't change me, no one's changing Damon," Caroline told them. "Not even you."

Kacie looked at Elena. "And, yes, just so you know, I've talked to Liv. And if you want to be jealous, go ahead and be jealous, because it's obvious that until Stefan wants to be helped, you're not gonna be able to get back together with him. Just don't hurt Alex if you really are."

"Look, why are we even talking about this?" Elena asked.

"Hey, guys," Bonnie told them to get their attentions.

Elena, Caroline, Alex, Eliza and Kacie all looked down at Bonnie.

(Song Ends)

The bracelet and necklace were levitating in front of Bonnie, circling around each other in a spiral.

"What are you doing?" Eliza asked.

"I'm not doing anything," Bonnie answered. "They have their own magic."

The girls looked at each other in confusion.

---

Elsewhere

(Song:) Floating (Time Isn't Working My Side) - Portugal the Man

Nicola was looking at the chili made by the Founding Families. She looked around to make sure no one was working, slipping one of her pills into a wine glass she was carrying, drinking it to take it surreptitiously. 

Stefan  walked closer with beer.

Nicola knew he had seen that, busted. "Stefan..."

"What was that?" Stefan asked.

"What was what?" Nicola asked.

"What'd you take?" Stefan asked.

Nicola looked down awkwardly. "Stefan..."

"What, drinking's not enough for you anymore?" Stefan asked. "Now you got an addiction to pills?"

Nicola shook her head. "It's not like that."

"This have something to do with the headaches you've been getting?" Stefan asked. "Nikki, what's going on with you?"

"Look, nothing's going on," Nicola told him. "Can we just drop it?"

"Fine," Stefan told her. 

Nicola looked toward where Damon and Alaric were talking.

(Song Ends)

Damon took a drink of beer. "I'm going to let you in on a little secret... Founders Parties are just an excuse for the Council to gather in back rooms and plot against vampires."

"Hey, uh, I think you need to take a beat with Alex," Alaric told him.

Damon looked at him in confusion. "Excuse me?"

"Whatever it is you two have going on, I think it's a bad idea," Alaric told him.

"I don't really think it's your problem, Ric," Damon told him.

"It is my problem," Alaric told him. "I'm done pretending like I can just sit all of this out when they clearly need my help. I'm supposed to look after that family, and this is me doing that."

"What do you think I'm doing?" Damon asked.

"What I think is you need to take a beat," Alaric told him.

Damon looked at him in annoyance.

Liz walked up from behind Alaric. "Damon? Sorry. Uh, the mayor just called for the Council meeting."

Damon gave Alaric an 'I told you so' look, walking away, leaving.

---

Chicago, Illinois

Warehouse 

(Song:) Phenomena - Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

Kaylin and Rebekah were sitting on two different tables, feeding on girls.

Klaus was sitting in a chair nearby, finishing his girl off, letting her body fall. He wiped the blood from his lips, looking at Kaylin and Rebekah. "My girl's dead. I'm bored."

Rebekah looked up, looking at Kaylin. "You weren't kidding about being hungry."

Kaylin came up for air, still transformed, looking at Klaus and Rebekah, smirking. "It's been a long day."

Klaus looked at Rebekah. "Try being related to her." 

Klaus laughed.

"You're being mean," Rebekah told him. She looked at Kaylin. "And where's Stefan? He used to love me."

"It's been 90 years, Rebekah," Klaus told her. "Give her a minute."

"Why are you taking her side?" Rebekah asked.

"Because, my dear sister, I feel pity for any woman or man who doesn't give you what you want," Klaus told her.

"Will you stop making me out to be a brat?" Rebekah asked. "I am not a brat!"

"A thousand years of life experience says otherwise," Klaus told her.

"Well, you're no picnic, either," Kaylin told him. "I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I want to blow my head off."

Rebekah laughed, tilting her head. "Fantastic."

Kaylin let the dead body fall to the floor, standing. "I'll be back."

Kaylin walked away.

Rebekah looked at Klaus in confusion. "Where's she going?" 

"To write a name on a wall," Klaus answered. "It's a long story."

(Song Ends)

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

Lockwood Mansion - Dining Room

Jeremy entered the dining room, closing the door. "Anna? Look, where are you? We don't have much time."

Anna appeared. "We've got all the time in the world."

"I'm sorry about before," Jeremy told her. "I just got, um, distracted."

"It's fine," Anna told him. "I get it. Why haven't you told Eliza?"

"Well, Eliza's been going through a hard time, with her sister, and her father," Jeremy told her.

"Yeah, I know that," Anna told him. "Now why haven't you told her, really?"

Jeremy shook his head. "I don't know. You know, I don't even understand how any of this is possible."

"Well, it's kind of a push and pull," Anna explained. "I'm pushing from the Other Side trying to contact you, and sometimes, like just now, if you pull..."

"The Other Side?" Jeremy repeated. "Is that... is that what it's called?"

Anna shrugged. "That's what I call it. I'm all by myself here. It's like I'm a part of your world, only no one can see me. I'm just... on the Other Side."

"Wait," Jeremy told her. "Well, what about Vicki?"

"Whenever you say you see her, I feel something," Anna told him. "A darkness. And when I try to tell you not to let her in, something crazy happens. Like, she's trying to push me out."

Jeremy thought back to what happened last time. "Like the windows breaking."

"Just be careful," Anna told him. "Try not to let her in. 'Cause she can't get through if you're not open to it. You don't understand how amazing it is to finally be able to talk to you. I'm all by myself here. I don't have anyone." She reached out to touch his hand, but her hand passed through. Jeremy didn't realize until he saw her pull her hand away. "I'm sorry. I know you can't feel anything."

"Do it again," Jeremy told her.

Anna looked at him in confusion.

Jeremy raised his hand.

Anna raised her hand, holding it close to Jeremy's without touching him, acting as if she could. She smiled.

---

Chicago, Illinois

Gloria's Bar

Gloria was waiting.

Kaylin walked in.

"There you are," Gloria told her.

"Thought you were resting," Kaylin told her.

"Well, now we both have a secret," Gloria told her.

"What did you see?" Kaylin asked.

"It's what I heard that's interesting," Gloria told her. "You know, the girls with Rebekah's necklace and Kassandra's bracelet, they were talking about you and both of your brothers and that little great-niece of yours."

Kaylin gave her a curious look. "Yet you didn't tell Klaus. Why?"

"'Cause I wouldn't help that hybrid half-breed with anything," Gloria answered. "The necklace and bracelet are talismans from the Original Witch herself. I want them."

"Well, I'm sorry," Kaylin told her, clearly not sorry at all. "I can't help you. And I don't want to help you."

Kaylin turned to leave.

"Don't be difficult," Gloria told her. "You know, I'd hate to have to tell Klaus what a liar his girlfriend is."

Kaylin tilted her head at the threat and the last thing she'd said. "I'm not his girlfriend."

Kaylin turned around, rushing toward Gloria.

Gloria turned to cast a pain infliction spell on Kaylin so powerful it made Kaylin hold her head in pain and groan. "Guess I've got to get it out of you the hard way, huh?"

Kaylin fell to the floor, unconscious.

Gloria turned to the bar.

---~---

The bar was now dark, surrounded by lit candles.

Kaylin was lying on a table. Her jacket and her blue top were no longer on, but she had a black spaghetti strapped undershirt still on. She couldn't move. At all.

Gloria stood over Kaylin with a knife.

"What is this?" Kaylin asked. "Why can't I move?"

"Relax," Gloria told her. "It's just a little paralysis spell. Nothing major." She cut Kaylin's forearms with the knife. There was a recipient on the floor to collect the blood. "Just got to get the information out of your pretty little head. You know, witches nowadays, they're into that new age stuff, but... I'm a little more old school voodoo." She placed her hands over the wounds in Kaylin's forearms, closing her eyes to concentrate on a spell. "This spell will slow down that pesky healing as if it's not even healing at all."

"I'm not gonna tell you anything," Kaylin told her, chuckling. She looked up. "And you can't make me."

"I won't have to," Gloria told her. "You feel that? That's your essence. Your spirit. It lets me make a connection. Herbs help, too. Diviners, sage, witch hazel." She took something from the table. "But my personal favorite..." She rubbed her hands together. "Vervain."

Gloria put her hands on either of Kaylin's shoulders.

The vervain burned and seared into Kaylin's skin, making her scream in pain.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Night - Lockwood Mansion - Study

The secret Council meeting was underway.

"There have no been no incidence of question since spring," Liz told them. "It's been quiet."

"Anyone else have anything to add to the minutes?" Carol asked. "Damon?"

Damon shook his head. "Ah, no, I think the sheriff covered it, Mayor Lockwood. Looks like we've made it through the worst."

"Well, I have nothing new to add, so thank you all for coming," Carol told them.

The Council walked out, leaving Carol, Damon and Liz alone.

Carol walked over to the table.

Damon was fixing himself a drink. "Carol."

"Damon," Carol replied.

Bill appeared in the doorway. "I have a question. Do you three think that everybody on the council is clueless... or just stupid?"

Liz, Carol and Damon looked at Bill in surprise.

---

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room

Jeremy, Eliza and Bonnie were researching grimoires.

Candles and more grimoires surrounded them.

"Okay, tell me if you see anything in these grimoires that involves precious metals or a symbol that resembles the charms on both the necklace and bracelet," Bonnie told them.

"Wait, can't you just ask the dead witches you were channeling?" Jeremy asked.

"I don't have access to them anymore," Bonnie answered. "They cut me off."

"Since when?" Jeremy asked.

"Since I brought you back to life," Bonnie answered. "I messed with the balance of nature and there were consequences. Hey, I'm sorry. I know I should have told you. I told Eliza when it happened."

Jeremy looked at Eliza. "Eliza?"

Eliza looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to feel weird or guilty about it, you know?"

"Hey, no, no, look, you don't have to apologize for anything," Jeremy told her. "Okay? You didn't do anything wrong."

"Eliza said you've been having kind of a hard time since then," Bonnie told him.

"No, I'm fine," Jeremy told them. "You know, just been, uh, a little out of it lately. So should we concentrate on the older books? Or, uh, I mean, how old is this necklace and bracelet?"

"Old," Eliza told them, chuckling.

Jeremy sat down on the floor next to Eliza, holding the bracelet.

Eliza took the necklace, holding it up by its chain in front of her to look at it curiously.

Anna appeared behind Eliza, kneeling to the floor behind her, looking at Jeremy. "Jeremy. The darkness. It's here."

All of the grimoires caught on fire, including the one in Eliza's hands.

"Eliza!" Bonnie told her.

Bonnie used magic to move all of the grimoires away from them so they couldn't be burned, making the flames disappear with magic.

Jeremy looked at Eliza worriedly, holding her hands. "Eliza. Are you okay?"

Eliza was in shock. "What the hell just happened?" 

Bonnie shook her head. "I have no idea."

---

Chicago, Illinois

Gloria's Bar

Kaylin was still paralyzed on the table.

Gloria took some red powder, rubbing her hands with it. "I'm impressed. You've got discipline, Kaylin. Or is the more correct term... stubborn? It's not going to do you much good, but... Just let go, honey." She put her hands on Kaylin's shoulders again, her skin burning, making her scream. "There you go, there you go."

---

Flashback - 1.02 "Night of the Comet"

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Hallway

Damon, Alex and Elena had just met.

Kaylin appeared in the hall behind them.

Alex and Elena turned their heads to see Kaylin.

Gloria: (voice over) "There's the girls with the necklace and bracelet."

---

Flashback - 2.08 "Rose"

Day - Abandoned House - Foyer

Stefan, Damon, Kaylin and Cristian had just saved Elena and Alex.

Stefan and Damon looked up the staircase to see Alex and Elena up above.

Gloria: (voice over) "Your brothers love them."

Elena ran downstairs, into Stefan's arms.

Alex looked at Damon, smiling, embracing him, surprising him.

Damon held Alex comfortingly.

Gloria: (voice over) "They'd do anything for them. And they have."

---

Now

Night - Gloria's Bar

Kaylin was still paralyzed on the table.

Gloria was still casting her spell, her hands on her shoulders.

Kaylin groaned a scream of pain.

"All to keep them away from Klaus," Gloria told her. "Why would he be interested in two sisters?" 

---

Flashback - 2.21 "The Sun Also Rises"

Night - Steven's Quarry 

Klaus stood behind Elena.

Elena turned to face Alex and Liv.

Alex and Liv watched in denial, shaking their heads.

Klaus bit into Elena's neck, starting to drain Elena of her blood.

Alex and Liv watched on, helplessly.

Elena died in Klaus' arms.

Klaus released her, letting Elena fall, her blood drenching his lips.

Elena laid lifeless next to Jenna's dead body.

Klaus transformed, biting into Alex's neck, feeding. He opened his eyes while feeding on Alex. They were changing, taking on an orange glow within the red that was starting to fade. More veins came to the surface of his skin underneath his eyes.

Alex died in Klaus' arms.

Klaus released her, letting Alex fall to the ground next to Jenna and Elena.

Liv couldn't stand any longer, falling to her knees in devastation, crying.

---

Now

Night - Gloria's Bar

Kaylin was still paralyzed on the table.

Gloria was still casting her spell. She took her hands off of Kaylin's shoulders. "They're the Wraith and Doppelganger. They're supposed to be dead, and that's why Klaus can't make hybrids, isn't it?" 

Gloria laughed.

They heard Cristian's voice. "This is creepy." Kaylin looked up in surprise. Gloria turned to face Cristian. Cristian stabbed Gloria in the neck with a stake, killing her. Gloria fell to the floor, dead. Kaylin looked at Cristian in relief, breathing heavily, catching her breath. Cristian walked closer, standing at her side, looking down at her. "Maybe you do need my help, after all."

---~---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Lockwood Mansion - Foyer

Alex, Elena, Liv and Caroline were walking together.

"Did Stefan ever tell you guys where he got the bracelet and necklace?" Caroline asked.

"No, and we never asked," Elena answered.

"Please tell me it's time to go," Liv told them.

"Beyond," Alex answered. "Where's Damon?"

"Probably off somewhere doing bad things to good people," Liv told them. Alex gave Liv a look. "What? I don't like him. Consider me the blunt-as-hell police."

Caroline looked into the other room, suddenly not okay.

"What is it?" Elena asked.

"What's the matter?" Liv asked.

"It's my dad," Caroline answered.

Elena, Alex and Liv turned around to look at Bill.

"Why would he even show up here?" Alex asked.

"I don't know," Caroline told them. "But I can't..."

"We get it," Elena told her. "I'll call you later."

Caroline walked away, upstairs.

"Okay, what was that all about?" Liv asked.

Alex used her words against her. "Speaking of doing bad things to good people..."

Alex nodded to Bill, walking outside.

Elena and Liv followed her.

---

Outside

Stefan, Nicola and Alaric were talking outside in the lawn.

Elena, Alex and Liv walked outside toward them.

 "Oh, hey, Stefan, random question," Alex told him.

"What?" Stefan asked.

"The necklace you gave me and the bracelet you gave Alex," Elena told him. "Where'd you get them?"

"Uh, Chicago, 1920s," Stefan answered. "Klaus' sister Rebekah had dropped the bracelet, which had been her sister Kassandra's, and the necklace followed, like a, um..."

"Magnet?" Alex guessed.

Stefan nodded. "Yeah. I mean, I wouldn't even know that if Klaus hadn't given me my memories back."

Damon walked out of the house, walking toward them. "Wait, wait, Houston, we have a problem."

"Where have you been?" Nicola asked.

"Managing Bill Forbes," Damon answered. "Apparently he's impervious to compulsion."

"How?" Alaric asked.

"I have no idea," Damon told them. "But he threatened to out me. Don't get me started on the irony of that."

"What did you do him?" Liv asked. "How do you know the compulsion doesn't work?"

"That's not the most important piece of information I mentioned, Liv," Damon told her.

"What does he want?" Stefan asked.

"He wants to control the Council," Damon answered. "Says it's been compromised."

"It has!" Alaric stressed.

"He wants to put vervain in the town's water supply," Damon told them

"Maybe it's not a bad idea," Elena told them. She looked from Stefan to Damon to Alex to Liv. "I mean, it'll help you keep yourselves in control now that Cristian's not here to..."

"To what?" Damon asked, stepping in front of them. "To keep me and Stefan in check? To make Little Liv and Alex behave?"

"And since when have I ever gave anyone reason to make sure that I do?" Liv asked.

"We should kill Bill Forbes," Damon told them.

"He's Caroline and Eliza's dad, Damon," Nicola told him.

"Yeah, and when I kill him, they'll have one more parent than we do," Damon told them.

"Oh, come on, Damon," Nicola told him.

"You're repeatedly killing my buzz today, guys," Damon told them. "Step aside."

"Yeah, it's not going to happen," Alaric told him, putting his hand on Damon's shoulder.

Damon looked at his ring. "Your temporary funeral."

"Damon, no!" Nicola told him.

Damon snapped Alaric's neck, making him fall.

Liv looked at Damon incredulously. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Damon looked at them for a moment, walking into the house. 

---

Chicago, Illinois

Gloria's Bar

Cristian had turned the lights on, starting to blow out the candles that were surrounding the room.

Kaylin grabbed her blue lace shirt and her black leather jacket.

Cristian was rolling Gloria's body up in a blanket, looking up at Kaylin's wounds. "Those should be healing by now."

"She did some crazy spell, slowed the healing down," Kaylin explained, pulling her blue lace shirt back on over the spaghetti-strapped shirt. "After spell wears off, I'll be fine."

"I've been thinking about your diabolical plan," Cristian told her.

Kaylin pulled on her leather jacket, looking at Cristian sarcastically. "Oh. Do tell."

"Well, you must know that Klaus is too paranoid to ever fully trust you, even if he's in love with you," Cristian told her.

Kaylin shook her head, pulling her blonde hair out of the collar of her jacket. "He's not in love with me."

"No?" Cristian asked rhetorically. Kaylin rolled her eyes. "But you can't just pretend to care, because he will know better, so you do the opposite. You bond with Rebekah, make him feel left out. That will only make him want you more."

"Oh!" Kaylin told him sarcastically. "So you mean, I'm taking a page out of the Cristian Hunter playbook."

"The only question is why, Kaylin?" Cristian asked. "I mean, I get it, you want to keep Klaus away from Mystic Falls, and so do I, but...  What else do you expect to get from it?"

Kaylin sighed, looking at Cristian. "Okay. Stefan and I knew them, back in the '20s. They were running from someone. Someone who scared them."

"A hunter," Cristian told her. "Pearl told Anna and me about him centuries ago. His name's Mikael."

"Don't you want to know why an Original vampire, who can't be killed, is afraid of a vampire hunter?" Kaylin asked.

"If you're planning on making a move against Klaus..." Cristian trailed off. "I want in."

"That's good," Kaylin told him. "It's good to want things, Cris."

"Kaylin..." Cristian trailed off.

"Cristian," Kaylin replied. "I'm in this alone. Go home to Liv. Be safe and not dead." She looked down at Gloria's body. "And get rid of the body while I pack up her things and make it look like she ran the hell out of Dodge."

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Lockwood Mansion - Tyler's Room

(Song:) Wanna Be Sure - Aidan Hawken 

Tyler walked into his room after coming home from football practice.

Caroline was sitting on his bed. "How was football practice?"

"What are you doing here?" Tyler asked.

"Hiding out from my dad," Caroline answered. "He's here."

Tyler walked closer, taking Caroline's hands in his. "Are you okay? Do you want me to kick his ass?"

Caroline smiled. "Yes. No. I bought him the shirt he's wearing, and it's really expensive." Tyler placed his hands on her shoulders, pulling her closer. "And through everything... He's still my dad. You know?" Tyler nodded, pulling her head to his chest, stroking her hair. Caroline lifted her head. "God, you reek."

"What?" Tyler asked.

"It's bad," Caroline told him.

Tyler feigned offense, trying to make her feel better. "No, this? This is sexy."

Caroline laughed. "No. It's really bad."

Tyler shook his head. "No."

Caroline laughed.

Tyler and Caroline kissed sweetly, both having a hand on the other's cheek, starting to build up passionately. Caroline lifted his shirt over his head. They laid down, continuing to kiss. Caroline rolled him onto the bed, straddling him. They continued to kiss.

Caroline's phone rang.

Caroline pulled away. "Oh, hang on, my phone."

Tyler sighed. "Oh, come on."

Caroline pulled her phone out of her dress pocket, answering. "I'm only answering in case it's a friend emergency."

Tyler laid his head down, sighing.

Elena's voice was on the other line. "It's an emergency."

(Song Ends)

---

Outside

Elena, Alex and Liv were still standing with Alaric's body.

Alex looked at Elena and Liv. "You're staying here. I don't want you going inside."

"And how are you gonna stop me?" Liv asked, trying to step around her.

Alex stepped in her way. "What is your problem?"

"I don't know, Alex," Liv told her sarcastically. She gave Elena a pointed look. "Do I need someone to keep me in control, in check, to keep me from misbehaving?" She looked at Alex. "You know, Elena said the same thing about you, Alex, so maybe you shouldn't go inside, either."

"Go home, Liv," Elena told her. "Now."

Liv gave them an annoyed, angry look.

---

Inside - Study

Bill was in the study, pouring himself some scotch.

Stefan and Damon were in the room.

"Whoa, whoa," Damon told him. "Is that scotch? I figured you for an abstainer."

"Everything in moderation," Bill told them. "Keeps the mind clear from... influence."

"Like vampire compulsion," Stefan told him.

Bill nodded. "Yeah, I tried to tell you..."

"Yeah, yeah, powerful tool," Stefan told him. "Got it. I'm impressed. Can't say I've ever seen that before."

"Well, it takes a certain human focus," Bill told him. "It's a skill that I've been honing for decades. Plus, your technique... is a little lazy."

"Duly noted," Stefan told him. "I'm curious. Why not just expose us to the Council?"

"I know you think I'm the bad guy here, but I would never expose my own daughter to those morons," Bill told them.

"It's a pretty risky move, taking us on, don't you think?" Damon asked.

"I knew what I was risking when I didn't leave town, but I figured... you're not self-destructive enough to kill the sheriff's ex-husband," Bill told them.

Damon gave him a look. "Makes you the seventh person to underestimate me today."

Stefan tried to stop him. "Damon, don't."

Damon rushed toward Bill, biting him on the neck, feeding.

---~---

Damon was still feeding from Bill.

Stefan pulled Damon off of Bill, pushing him off. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Bill fell to his knees.

Damon had blood on his lips, smiling. "Whoo! You know, with all this behavioral modification going on around here, I almost forgot how good blood tastes when it's... Fresh."

"What are you going to do?" Bill asked. "Kill everybody who discovers your secret?"

"No, we're not going to kill you, Bill," Stefan told him.

"I'm just going to find pleasure in perfect little moments like this," Damon told them.

Stefan was looking at the blood, nearly lost to it, fighting it.

Damon transformed, biting into Bill's neck again.

Stefan transformed, looking ready to lunge forward.

Alex rushed in Stefan's way to stop him. "Stefan. Stefan, don't."

Damon looked up. "Go on, brother, have a taste of the douche that tormented his vampire daughter."

"No," Alex told them angrily. Damon pulled Alex back, pushing Bill toward Stefan. Stefan transformed, biting into Bill's neck, feeding. Alex struggled against her own urge for blood. "Stefan, no!" Caroline rushed into the room, pulling Stefan off of Bill, pushing him into the wall angrily. Bill fell to the floor. Caroline looked at Damon angrily, rushing toward him, grabbing him by his head, spinning to throw him against glass doors that instantly shattered at the supernatural impact. Alex turned to Bill. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Bill answered.

Alex looked at the blood, hungry herself and trying to fight against the urge for blood.

Caroline walked closer, seeing the struggle, pulling Alex back. "Alex..." She turned to Bill, biting her wrist. "Here." She held her wrist toward him. "It'll heal you."

"I said I'm okay," Bill insisted.

"Grow up," Caroline told him in annoyance, putting her wrist to Bill's mouth, making him drink her blood to heal him.

Damon and Stefan stood.

Stefan had blood coating his lips.

Damon walked closer. "Let me teach this ass-wheel a life lesson."

Caroline barely even turned her head. "Just get out of here."

"Or what?" Damon taunted. Alex looked at Damon incredulously, hurt by his actions. Caroline let go of Bill, spinning to backhand punch Damon in the face, making him back away. She rushed toward him, lunging for him. Damon grabbed her, pushing her onto the table, straddling her to pin her down by holding her throat. Elena walked in, stopping behind Alex in shock. Damon looked at Caroline. "I'm stronger than you, little girl."

"Well, I'm angrier!" Caroline told him.

Caroline broke free from Damon's grasp, headbutting him, kicking him back against the wall with inhuman speed and strength, rushing toward Bill, grabbing him, rushing out of the room, leaving.

Elena and Stefan both turned after them, but they were gone.

Damon sighed from the broken glass and dent wall. "Bummer. I love a good girl fight."

Elena turned to him angrily. "You can't do this anymore, Damon. Not in this town, not around me!"

"Why not?" Damon asked, standing. "It's nothing I haven't seen before."

"Did you see Stefan?" Alex asked incredulously. "He nearly killed Caroline and Eliza's dad!"

"What about Alex?" Elena asked. "She was barely hanging on!"

"Why is it suddenly so important for everyone to keep me in check?" Damon asked angrily.

"Because I don't want you to be what other people think you are," Alex told him.

"What?" Damon asked. "A monster? Sorry to disappoint you, Alex, but the last time I checked,  we're all still vampires!"

"I guess that I wish that you didn't have to act like one!" Elena told him.

Damon walked out, leaving.

Alex sighed shakily.

Stefan looked totally and completely hopeless, guilty.

Elena looked at Stefan sadly, turning around, walking out, leaving.

Stefan looked up. "Alex... Alex... I... I need..."

Alex looked at him hopefully, walking closer. "It's okay, Stefan. Just say it."

Stefan hesitated a long second, slowly nodding. "I need help. Alex. I want your help."

Alex walked toward him in relief.  "And I'll help you. I promise."

Stefan took a deep, shaky breath as his compulsion from Klaus finally ended now that he knew it was time for him to get help and that he finally asked for it.

Alex looked at Stefan in relief, managing a small smile.

---

Gilbert House - Bathroom

Jeremy was in the bathroom, washing his hands.

Eliza stood in the doorway. "Hey, Jeremy. There's ashes everywhere."

"I'll go grab the vacuum," Jeremy told them.

"No, I got it," Bonnie told them, leaving the room.

Eliza walked out of the bathroom.

Anna appeared, looking at Jeremy. "Are you okay?"

Jeremy closed the bathroom door so they could have privacy, turning to face her. "Don't."

Anna looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"Eliza's here, okay?" Jeremy asked. "You've got to stop."

"I was just trying to warn you," Anna told him. "I felt something bad. Dangerous."

"You... you just can't pop up every time she and I are together," Jeremy told her.

"It's a two-way street, Jeremy," Anna told him. "I only pop up when you're thinking about me. That's why you haven't told her. Isn't it? You don't want her to know you still care."

Jeremy shook his head. "I can't do this right now. I can't. This is just too much."

"I'm sorry," Anna told him. "I shouldn't have said that."

"Goodbye, Anna," Jeremy told her.

Anna realized what he was going to do. "Don't! Jeremy, please." Her voice was fading. "Don't shut me out."

Jeremy closed his eyes, reopening them.

Anna was gone.

---

Jeremy's Room

Eliza was sitting on the bed, holding the necklace and bracelet carefully, looking at them curiously in confusion.

Jeremy opened the bathroom door, walking toward Eliza. "Eliza."

Eliza put down the items, looking up. "What's wrong?"

"You asked me before if something was wrong and I said no," Jeremy told her.

Eliza was confused as to where he was going with this, nodding. "Yeah."

"That was a lie," Jeremy told her. "I was lying to you. I have been all summer. When Bonnie brought me back to life..."

Anna was in the bathroom, looking at them, crying. Her voice was distant and fading. "Say you can hear me, Jeremy. Please!"

Jeremy couldn't hear her, looking at Eliza as he continued to explain. "Something happened."

Eliza looked at him in confusion.

Anna continued to cry. "I am all alone."

Jeremy continued to explain everything to Eliza, though the words that he spoke weren't heard.

Eliza was completely in shock.

---

Chicago, Illinois

Warehouse 

(Song:) Wildest Moments - Jessie Ware

Kaylin was looking at Kassandra's coffin.

The lid to the coffin was still open from when Rebekah had opened it in search for her bracelet in 3.03 The End of the Affair.

Klaus walked closer. "You're back. Finally." Kaylin turned to face him. "I told Rebekah to go check on the witch." He looked at Kassandra. "What Rebekah said earlier about her... Kassandra... It's true. She was trying to keep us from falling apart. But to do so, she destroyed my first chance." He closed her coffin lid. "You remind me of Kassandra, actually. The way you would do anything to protect the bond between your brothers. Your niece."

Kaylin nodded in acknowledgement. "Hmm. Why do you dagger them?"

"They've all had a history of betraying or disappointing me," Klaus answered. "Kassandra wasn't the first."

"And they all still care about you," Kaylin told him.

"Most of them, anyway," Klaus told them. "Rebekah's said it's exhausting to hate me. Not that I would know."

Klaus sat on the coffin.

Kaylin sat next to him, tilting her head. "You know, when I met you two, you were both on the run."

Klaus looked amused. "You don't say."

"Last night I saw you, you compelled me and Stefan to forget because you were both afraid," Kaylin told him. "I just... I wouldn't think you would be afraid of anybody."

"No one in this world is truly fearless, Kaylin," Klaus told her. "Not even me." 

Klaus barely brushed his fingertips against her arm when he went to place his hand on the coffin next to them. 

Kaylin looked down at the touch.

Klaus put his hand on the coffin next to hers, grazing his fingertips with hers.

Kaylin looked up at Klaus, biting her lip slightly. "I find that hard to believe." 

Klaus felt a little guilty, though he tried to hide the fact that he did. "I know you're angry about the compulsion and the secrets, love. But there are some monsters from my past that would have torn you to shreds if I didn't leave."

"So it was a form of protection?" Kaylin asked what sounded like a statement.

"What else would it be?" Klaus asked. Kaylin didn't answer. "It wasn't the last time I saw you, either. I've watched over you during the long years. All of the times you were hiding from your brothers, as usual. You came within speaking distance of them, and yet, you stayed hidden in the shadows, watching over them like a guardian angel, but you never showed yourself. Because you knew that if you did, everything would change, and you didn't know if it would have been for the better or for the worse. Just last year,  you were in New York Garden, at a concert of all places, with your little niece Nicola. You were standing in the front row, dancing all night. You were watching Bon Jovi, and I was watching you." Kaylin looked a little overwhelmed, looking at Klaus, unsurprised that he had checked in on her over the years. "Giving you your memories back that first night we left wouldn't have been as easy as you think. Your mind being overwhelmed with all these memories of what you thought was a complete stranger? I wanted to give you a chance to get to know the new me, before I gave you memories of the old me. Whatever you may think of me, Kaylin Salvatore... you were always the better part of me."

Kaylin was obviously a little moved by this, but tried not to be.

They looked at each other for a long moment.

Klaus put a hand to her cheek, kissing her deeply. Kaylin returned the favor in kind, deepening the kiss. Klaus stood, rushing Kaylin back into the wall. Kaylin knew that he was testing her, kissing him deeply. It was unclear if she was only doing it to pass his test or if she was doing it for herself, as well. Klaus started to push off her jacket, touching a wound that was still spelled without seeing it, making her flinch.

(Song Ends)

Klaus pulled away from her, looking at Kaylin suspiciously. "What is it?"

Kaylin pulled her jacket over her shoulder before he could see the wounds. "It's nothing."

Klaus gave her an unconvinced look. "What are you hiding, Kaylin?"

"What?" Kaylin asked. "I'm not..."

"Don't bother," Klaus told her, pulling back Kaylin's jacket to show the wounds. "These already gave you away."

Rebekah walked toward them. "Gloria's gone. She's cleared out." She stopped when she saw them. "What's going on?"

"Something's wrong with our dear friend here," Klaus answered. "She was asking about Mikael, she has spelled wounds. She's hiding something."

"I told you before, Nik," Rebekah told him. "She's not with us. I could sense it earlier and I can sense it now."

"You're both wrong," Kaylin told them. "Klaus..."

Rebekah rushed toward Kaylin.

---~---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Day Two

Morning - Salvatore Boarding House - Library

(Song:) Human - Civil Twilight  

Nicola was pouring herself a drink, taking out a few of her pills, tossing them into her mouth, using her drink to wash them down. She looked at the bottle of pills in her hand, sighing. She heard the front door open, hurriedly putting them into her bag.

Stefan and Damon walked in. 

"When did Ric come back from the dead?" Stefan asked.

"Last night, after I took him back to his loft after Damon killed him," Nicola answered. "It took a bit longer than usual. So I'm worried that the ring is on a shelf life."

"Uh-oh," Damon told her. "I hope it's not going bad."

Nicola gave him a look, shaking her head. "You killed him."

"He pissed me off," Damon told her.

Nicola gave him an incredulous look. "You killed him!"

"Nikki, no hard feelings, all right?" Damon asked. "I was on a bit of a tear. Everyone was trying to tell me how to behave."

"Well, maybe they finally realized you're just a dick," Nicola told him. "Stefan, are you finally really ready to stop being a dick yourself and finally let someone help you?"

Stefan was surprised that she was acting out like this, nodding. "Yes, Nikki. Yes, I'm ready for help."

"At least one of you are," Nicola told them.

Damon looked at her, hurt.

Nicola shook her head, scoffing, walking out of the room, leaving Stefan and Damon speechless.

---

Town Square

Elena and Liv were walking in Town Square.

"I'm not going to say I told you so," Liv told her.

"Thank you," Elena told her.

"But I did tell you... so," Liv told her. "Kacie, too."

"Okay, you, Kacie and Damon were both right," Elena told her. "I was trying to change him. But if he wants to be in my life..."

"Wait," Liv told her. She stopped, turning to face Elena.  "I... It's been a long week, so I'm just going to be blunt. It doesn't matter what he does, Damon's gotten under your skin."

"That's not true," Elena told her.

"God, just admit it, Elena, okay?" Liv asked in exasperation. "You are attracted to him. In all of his bad brother glory."

"No," Elena told her.

"Wait, no, you're not attracted to him, and not jealous of him and Alex, or no, you just won't admit it?" Liv asked.

"I can't, Liv," Elena told her. "If I admit it, if I even thought it for just a second... What does that say about me?"

Liv sighed sympathetically. "It says you're human, Elena. But it also means that if you act on whatever you feel for Damon, you're going to be hurting Alex in ways that she hasn't been hurt before, and that's saying something, considering that our entire family has died aside from our brother. You can't let this go on, Elena."

Elena sighed, nodding. "I know. I know, and I'm sorry."

Liv shook her head. "Don't apologize to me. Just make sure that nothing happens."

Liv turned around, walking away, leaving.

Elena was left in the Town Square, stunned.

---

Elsewhere

Bill was walking out of the Forbes jail cellar, toward his car.

Caroline and Eliza walked toward him.

"Hey," Eliza told him.

Bill turned to face them. "Hey. Don't worry, I'm going to go back home before somebody kills me."

"How's your...?" Eliza trailed off.

"Oh, healed," Bill answered, pulling down his collar to show them the side of his neck, completely healed. He looked at Caroline. "Thank you. For coming to my rescue."

"You're welcome," Caroline told him.

Bill looked at either of of his daughters. "Bye, Caroline. Bye, Eliza."

Bill turned toward his car.

Eliza took a step toward him. "Daddy?" Bill turned to face her. "Caroline's going to be okay."

"Your sister's a vampire, Eliza," Bill told her. "I don't think either of you will ever be okay again."

Bill got into his car.

Caroline and Eliza were incredibly sad with his reaction toward all of this, looking as if they couldn't believe that this was happening.

(Song Ends) 

--- 

Lockwood Mansion - Living Room 

Liz, Carol and Alaric were sitting together.

"I understand where you're coming from, but..." Liz trailed off.

"The Gilbert family is a Founding Family, and they deserve to have a voice on the council," Alaric told them. "I'm taking care of them, I should be that voice."

"That's not the way it works, Mr. Saltzman," Carol told him.

"Oh, really?" Alaric asked. "Well, then tell me how it does. The Council's job is to protect the people of this town." He gestured to Liz. "Now your daughter's a vampire." He gestured to Carol. "And your both your daughter and son are werewolves. So who's looking after the actual people? Some of them may be family or friends, but they are still supernatural. They don't follow our rules or our laws. They look after themselves, and that's what we need to do. I'll see you at the next meeting."

Alaric stood, walking out, leaving.

---

Mystic Grill - Outside

Alex, Kacie and Bonnie were sitting at a table.

Elena joined them at the table. "Hey, there."

"Hey," Alex told her. 

"Where's Caroline and Eliza?" Kacie asked.

"They had to say goodbye to their dad before he left town," Alex answered.

"I just saw Jeremy," Elena told them. She looked at Bonnie. "He said that you still have my necklace and Alex's bracelet."

Bonnie nodded. "Yeah, I haven't figured out what's going on with it yet."

"I know," Elena told her. "But I just... I feel weird without it. The whole Stefan of it all."

Bonnie took out the necklace. "Okay." She handed the necklace to Elena, looking at Alex. "You okay with me keeping the bracelet so that I can see what's going on?"

"Yeah," Alex answered. "Take all the time that you need."

"Did Jeremy also tell you that he's been seeing ghosts of his dead girlfriends all summer?" Bonnie asked.

Elena, Alex and Kacie were in shock.

"What?" Kacie asked.

"Vicki and Anna," Bonnie told them. "He's been talking to them."

"You're kidding," Kacie told her.

Bonnie shook her head. "I wish. It's because I brought him back to life. The witches said there would be consequences. Guess they were right." 

Alex turned her head to look at the waitress. "You know, it's not like Eliza doesn't have enough on her plate with her dad and Caroline, but now her boyfriend, my brother Jeremy, seeing the ghosts of girlfriend past."

They heard a whooshing noise.

Kacie looked at the seat where 'Elena' had been. "Uh, Alex..."

Alex looked back.

'Elena' had disappeared.

Bonnie looked around. "Was that..."

Alex realized that they hadn't been talking to Elena, sighing in anger. "Katherine."

---

Salvatore Boarding House - Foyer

Damon opened the front door.

Katherine was outside, still posing as Elena.

"I'll accept written apologies only," Damon told her.

Katherine smiled. "I heard that you and Alex are fighting already. What did you do that was so wrong that put a stop to you two lovebirds?"

Damon realized who it really was, sighing in frustration. "Katherine. Wonderful. What do you want?"

"I'm just a girl looking for a partner in crime," Katherine told him. Damon turned away, taking a few steps further into the house. "Feel like hitting the road? Getting the hell out of Dodge?"

Damon considered for a moment, turning to face her. "You have impeccable timing. I was told I need to take a beat."

Katherine tilted her head, smirking, walking closer. "Is that a yes? I'll drive."

"Why not?" Damon asked. "Walls are starting to close in on me around here. Where are we going?"

"Away from here," Katherine answered. "That's all I'm going to give you for right now. But believe me... it's good."

Katherine dangled Elena's necklace in front of him.

Damon tried to take the necklace.

Katherine took it out of his reach, smirking.

---

Truck

Kaylin was lying on the floor next to the coffins of the Original family. She woke up, looking around.

Klaus was leaning against the wall, watching her.

Kaylin slowly sat up, holding her hand toward Klaus cautiously. "Just give me a chance to explain, okay?"

"No need," Klaus told her. "I'm not mad. I'm just curious. Rebekah seems to think you're hiding something. Something from your old life. The thing is, she's got flawless instincts, borderline supernatural. And I think that I'm inclined to agree with her. So I thought I would check it out. See for myself what it is you've been hiding." Kaylin slowly stood cautiously. Klaus walked past her, opening the door, lifting it up, allowing the blinding sunlight to flood in. Kaylin turned around, having to cover her eyes from the sudden brightness. She looked outside, recognizing the Town Square and the clock tower from her hometown. Klaus looked at Kaylin, smirking. "Welcome back to Mystic Falls, Kaylin."

Kaylin looked around in shock, alarmed. 

---~---

3.05 "The Reckoning" Trailer 

(Song:) Days are Forgotten - Kasabian 

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in Liv's room, Liv was on the phone with Cristian. "Hey."

Cristian was in Town Square. "Klaus brought Kaylin back here. They're back in Mystic Falls."

Liv was stunned, in shock.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school hallway, Klaus was dragging Elena and Liv down the hallway. "The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now, my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

"Aw, poor thing," Liv told him sarcastically. "Must suck."

TIME

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school gym, the school timer showed 9:00.

Stefan, Elena, Alex, Nicola and Liv were in the gym.

"I haven't fed on human blood in days," Alex told them. "I'm hungry."

"So am I," Stefan told them. "And when that clock ticks down, we're going to have to feed on you. We won't be able to stop."

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school pools, Matt was holding a weight, chained up. He jumped into the water.

IS

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school hall, Kacie was running as fast as she could down the hallway.

RUNNING

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school gym, Liv grabbed Elena and Nicola, rushing toward the doors.

Stefan and Alex tried so hard to stop them.

Cristian rushed in their ways, stabbing the broken piece of wood into Alex to make her stop.

Stefan had made it out of the gym.

OUT

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school pools, Matt was lying on the floor, seemingly dead after drowning.

Bonnie was giving Matt chest compressions.

Kacie put her lips to Matt's to breathe into him in hopes of bringing him back.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school gym, Kaylin was feeding on Chad with his back to her, holding him up, coming up for air, breathing heavily with blood drenching her lips and chin. She looked like she was actually enjoying it, even smiling a little, barely noticeable smile. 

 From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school hallway, Liv transformed angrily, protectively.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school hallway, Cristian pushed Klaus against the wall angrily, transforming protectively.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school cafeteria, Stefan transformed hungrily, rushing forward.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school gym, Kacie was angry and fierce. Her eyes glowed gold.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in Alaric's classroom, Tyler looked up, transformed

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in a car, Damon was driving. Katherine was in the passenger seat. They were making out.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in a dark park, Eliza sat at a table, holding her head. Blood dripped down from her temple. Jeremy knelt in front of her worriedly.

From 3.05 "The Reckoning", in the school hallway, Kaylin was leaning against a doorway.

Matt, Kacie and Bonnie stood nearby, looking at her in shock.

"Kaylin..." Matt trailed off.

Kaylin smiled. "I'm back."

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

In the clearing, Damon, Alex, Stefan, and Elena sat together. Kaylin and Nicola laid on the ground in front of them. All of them were looking dark and seductive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 611 14
Liliana Forbes Morningstar Headmistress of the Salvatore Boarding School receives the news of the return of the big bad hybrid aka her ex-fiancee. (D...
3.9K 74 21
Extra scenes/conversations that didn't make it into Saving Grace. Also includes Grace's Playlist, Grace's Bookshelf, the outline for the book, and a...
34.4K 577 25
All Rights Go To The CW. The Vampire Diaries characters and plot lines are not mine, nor or the songs used to describe the scenes. heartofice97:...
24.5K 403 16
All rights go the creators of The Originals and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Kassandra Mikaelson, Caitlin...