The Last Of Us Book 2: The Le...

Od For_Legit

This is the sequel to 'The Last Of Us' Více

The Last Of Us Book 2: The Leaders
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13 (Part 1)
Chapter 13 (Part 2)
Chapter 14 (Final Chapter)
next part :)

Chapter 12

3.4K 135 35
Od For_Legit

*1 week later*

"WATCH OUT!", Leigh-Anne shouts, grabbing Camila's arm and pulling her down into a crouching position, just in time to hear the bullet go flying over their heads.  Before the two girls can stand up again to run, Lauren sends a sea of flames over their heads, successfully taking out the five drones.

"Nice job of helping your teammates, Lauren, very vigilant of you.", Harry's voice says through the earpieces that the girls are wearing.  "Now, I need Camila to put a force-field up around you three, that way you won't have to worry about any surprise attacks."

Camila does as she's told, putting up a force-field as they continue walking, Lauren making sure to stand as close to her as possible, ready to keep her safe.

Leigh-Anne, Camila, and Lauren were one group of three, one group in each 'invasion simulator' room.  Harry was the one in charge of their group, his job being to guide them through the mission using strategy and efficiency.  Jesy was in charge of Dinah, Ally, and Niall (the blonde shapeshifter giving her some trouble due to his tendency to ignore orders for the fun of it), while Jade was helping Perrie and Liam (they being the only group of two because of there only being three rooms, and an even amount of them to split up).  As the three Leadership leaders were helping the others, Zayn was watching over them all, Normani at his side while they analyzed everything.

"Ally, can you see if you can shrink and move through that vent to your right?"

"Of course I can, Jesy.", the small girl replies, Zayn and Jesy watching as she grows smaller and smaller, Niall kicking open the small vent for the girl to climb into, her body easily navigating through it.

"Good.  That means that you can get to the control room.  Dinah, Niall, stay there and cover Ally.  If this works out, we can help open the doors for Liam and Perrie in the other section, and that'll get them into one of the enemy camps, where Lauren, Leigh, and Camila will meet up with them."  Jesy looks over at Harry, getting a nod of affirmation from the boy, signalling that their plan should work.

"Perrie, you stay facing the door.  Liam, I need you to stand back to back with her, watching the entire area behind you guys.  When the door opens, there most likely will be enemies, so Perrie, be ready to fight them off.  Liam, watch for surprise attackers.", Jade commands, tapping a few buttons on the screen in front of her to see a layout of the field she's working with, trying to see how much further they have to go until they get to the main battle.

"Got it, babe.", Perrie responds, a small smile toying on her lips, Liam nodding in agreement while turning his back to the blonde, surveying the area and being prepared for anything.

"Niall, Dinah, there's a group coming for you guys from the left side.  Take them out.", Jesy says, getting a 'got it' in reply before watching Niall and Dinah move out to fight off the enemies.  Dinah transforms into her giant form, rolling her eyes as the blonde boy climbs and plays around on her like a jungle gym in his gorilla form, he dramatically pounding his chest before jumping off the girl's shoulder and smashing into the enemy attackers, going on a rampage and smashing anything in sight, while Dinah mainly just takes out the ones trying to get past her and towards the vent.

Jesy watches Ally's progress in the vents, the map showing that the girl was close to the control room.  She turns to Jade, nodding at her, the younger girl immediately understanding what that means.

"Alright, Perrie.  Ally's almost at the controls, so get ready for the doors to open."

"Harry, what is that?!", Jesy asks, the three of them along with Zayn and Agent K hearing the sudden alert sounds coming from the boy's control panel.

"Shit!", the boy exclaims, quickly pressing a button on his earpiece to contact the three girls he's in charge of.  "Guys, you need to get out of there!  There's an ambush coming, and Camila's force-field won't be able to stop them.  Just run!  Go, Go, GO!"

"Wait, but I need them to meet up with Perrie and Liam-"

"They can't do that Jade, or else they'll get killed!"

"But-"

"Doors are open, we're going-wait, HOLY SHIT, THERE'S TOO MANY!  We need back up!  We need-SHIT!"

"Perrie!?", Jade shouts, rapidly pressing buttons and looking up at the monitor.  "PERRIE?!  LIAM!?"  There's no response, and Jade's screen goes black.  The girl's breathing increases, and she rips off her earpiece with anger, throwing it at the screen in frustration.  "FUCK!", she shouts, her hands going up to fist clumps of her hair, tugging at it to try and calm herself down.

Harry sighs, his screen going black as well, all contact with Lauren, Camila, and Leigh-Anne being impossible because they weren't able to get out of the cautioned area in time.  Jesy's screen went blank too, since most of the team was taken out, and there was nothing much that her group could do.

They failed.

"Nice going, Harry.", Jade mutters sarcastically.

"It wasn't my fault!", he defends.

"If you were actually watching them, and not taking their force-field for granted, they would've been able to meet up with Perrie and Liam, and everything would've been fine!", Jesy scolds.  Harry slouches his shoulders, placing his face in the palm of his hands.  He feels rain pouring down on him, and he groans.

"Not helping, Nelson."  Jesy just smirks, deciding to let the rain cloud continue to hover over the boy as punishment for his stupid decision.

"Run it again.", Normani orders, the three screens powering up again and an entire new map showing up on the monitors.

"What?!  No!", Zayn argues.  "They need a break!"

"There's not going to be breaks during the real invasion, Malik.  They're running it again, and that's final.", the agent says, shooting the boy down with a glare.

"Fine.", he mumbles.  "Then let's do something different."

Simon leans forward in his chair, rubbing his chin as he watches Zayn and his most trusted agent lead everyone.  He's curious as to what the boy was thinking of doing.

"I want the three rooms to merge into just two.", he orders, the staff members nodding and making that possible.  "Jesy, Jade, you two are in charge of the groups."

"What about me?  Am I gonna join them in the rooms?", Harry asks.

"No.  If you went in there, you'd defeat the whole purpose of the training, your ability to control technology isn't going to help us prepare for fighting off normal human soldiers.  Instead, I want you to stand behind the two girls.  When one of them get's frustrated or tired, you take over.  This process will repeat, and that will assure that you will each get a break from having to deal with the stress of commanding the others.", Zayn explains.

"This isn't what the systems are programmed for-"

"And I want you down there as well, in Jesy's group."  Normani raises an eyebrow at Zayn, letting out a snort.

"You're joking, right?  You can't possibly think that I'm required to listen to your orders-"

"Agent K, you heard the boy.", Simon says, Normani turning to look at him, pleading with the man in charge to not make her do it.  "Do as he says."

Zayn smiles at the agent, watching her make her way into the training room alongside Dinah, Ally, Niall, and Liam.  Perrie, Camila, Lauren, and Leigh-Anne were in the other room with Jade watching over them.

"Alright, let's see if this works.", Zayn says, pressing the 'start' button on his panel, making the real life simulation start over again.

"It's similar to the last one.  We need one team to open the doors for the other, then quickly move out to help them.  I think your group should wait at the door, since there's more people, and they're more likely to survive longer.", Jade says, she and Jesy pressing buttons and looking at different angles on the situation.  "My team will get the doors open, and I'll lead them back to your group.  We should be successful."

"Alright, sounds good.", Jesy replies, bringing her index finger up to turn on the earpiece.  "Alright guys, we're headed for the doors.  Just continue to move forward and follow my directions.  Watch out for any surprise attackers, and I'll notify you guys when large groups come your way."

"Okay girls, our objective is to open the doors for the other team, and meet up with them as fast as possible.  Lauren, I want you in the front of the group, and I want Perrie to be in the back.  Camila, make a force field.  Leigh-Anne, get ready to be the one having to get into the control room.", Jade orders.  She's about to relax for a bit, but a sudden alert sound makes her groan and focus again.  "Shit, already?!", she exclaims, seeing a large amount of attackers coming for her group.

"My group too.", Jesy says, seeing the mass of red dots headed for the five white ones.

"Girls, there's a group coming from the back and the front.  There's about ten coming from each side."

"Attackers are coming your way, guys, from all sides.  Get ready."

Jesy watches her group get ambushed, her fingers frantically pressing buttons in panic.  "Jesy, let me take over.", Harry says, coming up from behind her.  The girl nods, moving to the side to let Harry be in control.

Niall and Dinah work together the same as last time, the boy climbing her in order to jump off and start a new rampage as a gorilla, while she just continues to stomp and smash as well.  Ally dodges attacks by shrinking, then growing back to normal, then shrinking again.  Liam helps Niall, he punching drones through the walls and all the way across the room with his super strength.  Normani just stands on the side, shooting at random targets while more and more robots stormed in.

"Niall, stop climbing Dinah, and stay on the ground with Liam.  Dinah, you break away from them and attack the enemies coming from the front.  Blondie take the left, and Liam take on the right, but stand in the middle so that you can help each other if needed.  Agent K, get off your butt, and help Ally.  She's not the best at combat, so I want you to watch over her.", the boy commands once he's assessed the situation.

Everyone moves accordingly, even Normani (but only after a scoff and roll of her eyes).  The system works really well for Dinah, Niall, and Liam, but the other two have a bit of trouble adjusting.  Ally is fine continuing to dodge and run, but Normani is being a bit stubborn, not liking the idea of being this close in combat (she's better at fighting from afar).

"Normani!  I don't care how much you don't want to be in there right now, you have to help Ally!", Harry demands, getting irritated.

The girl sighs, grabbing the other pistol from her belt, getting a running start before jumping and flipping over a few drones, landing right next to the smaller girl and quickly shooting.  Her aim is incredible, and she manages to get her bullets lodged into the small space between two metal limbs of the robots, destroying the wired path, resulting in the machines malfunctioning.

"Your aim is amazing.", Ally comments, ducking down to let the agent shoot over her.

"You guys aren't the only ones with powers.", Normani replies, wrapping her arm around the neck of one of the robots coming for the smaller girl, pulling herself up and using her grip to swing around the machine and shoot while she does so, finishing by twisitng off the robotic head of the drone she used.  Ally smiles, feeling much safer with Normani protecting her.  "I never miss a shot.", she finishes, winking at Ally before going back to shooting.  The girl finally get's it...the agent has enchanced marksmanship.  She's not sure if the girl was born with it, or if it was acquired by training, but either way it's an amazing power.

"You guys are looking good, only a few more, then you guys are in the clear.", Harry announces, proud of his team's work.

Meanwhile, Jade is ready to pull out her hair.

"Lauren, I understand you want to protect Camila, but just leave her be, because she's safe right now with her force-field.  You, however, are not, because you keep losing focus!  Perrie, you're fine, but Leigh-Anne I need you to work with her."

"You're only saying that because you favor your stupid girlfriend!", Leigh-Anne grumbles.  She knew for a fact that she was doing her best to help out the blonde, but the girl just wasn't letting her.

"Am not!", Jade argues, ready to go down there and punch all of them in the face (except for Camila, she's not technically doing anything wrong). 

"Your girlfriend isn't letting me help her!  And you'd see that if you'd stop being on her side all the time."  Leigh snaps the head off a drone while saying those words, showing how pissed off she is...Jade get's an idea.

"You're right, Perrie isn't letting you help her...because she doesn't need your help.  You're just slowing her down."  Leigh-Anne clasps her two hands together and bashes her fists into the chest of a drone, denting it and making it go berserk before malfunctioning.  "You can't do anything, because your power doesn't do anything."  The girl's breathing increases as she fumes, punching and kicking anything in her path with pure rage, not noticing how powerful her hits are as she get's more and more angry.

She only notices when there's nothing left for her to hit, and she looks around to see all of the drones on the ground, un-moving.

"I noticed you got stronger when you were angry.  I decided to toy with you a bit.", Jade admits, and Leigh-Anne sighs, letting the anger leave her body while she watches Perrie and Lauren take out the last remaining enemies.  "Sorry."

"It's fine, Jade.  Whatever works, right?", Leigh replies, a small smile on her face when she hears Jade chuckle in agreement through her earpiece (not noticing Perrie's death glare).

"Alright, let's move.", Perrie commands, continuing to glare at Leigh-Anne the entire time, a bit ticked off from the conversation the telepath and Jade were having.

"Perrie's right, you guys need to move in order to open the doors in time.  The entrance to the control room should be just up ahead.  Lauren, you need to melt the doorknob, then kick it in and take out any possible threats.  Leigh-Anne, you will then go inside and find a way to get the doors in the other sector open, while the other three wait outside and guard the door with Camila's force-field over them."

"My team is at the door, we're ready whenever you are.", Harry says to Jade once she's done with the explanation.  The girl just nods, resting her head on the palm of her hands while she watches Lauren take out the two enemy drones inside the control room, Leigh-Anne going inside to do as she was instructed.

"Jadey, you want me to take over?", Jesy asks, noticing that Jade was looking tired and stressed, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, that'd be nice.", she replies, switching places with the older girl.  "Alright girlies, I'm taking over for Jade.  Leigh-Anne, you're doing great, Camila too.  Perrie, you need to calm down and stop getting hot-headed, and Lauren you need to stop worrying about Mila."

"I can't help it.", Lauren whines, wrapping an arm around Camila's waist.

"It's not my fault that bitch is-"

"Perrie, stop!", Jesy shouts, cutting Perrie off.  "You and Leigh-Anne need to work together, or else I'm going to have to beat the shit out of you two because you're so irritating.  Lauren, I understand, but now is not the time.  Just like Simon said, we need to work on being able to focus on the task, not our significant other or best friend."  Perrie and Lauren sigh, the blonde holding her hands up in surrender to Jesy's words. 

Leigh-Anne get's the door open, and Jade and Harry watch as the other five run into the enemy camp set-up, fighting them as best they can while the other four hurry over to their location.  They get there on time, and successfully destroy all of the enemies, getting rid of the threat.

"We did it!", Jade cheers, jumping for joy behind Jesy and Harry, Zayn holding his fists up in the air with pride on his team's victory.

Simon watches everyone celebrate, signalling for a staff member to come over to him.  Once the man does, he bends down so that his boss can tell him his command.  "I want all of the campers from Support and Deterination to be split up into small groups of four, and I want the Determination training room to be set up exactly like this.  I want the Leadership kids to be split into groups of three, and I want them to be prepared to do the same as Jade, Jesy, and Harry.  Make sure every single group goes through this training simulation, and I want the results, understood?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good, now get to work."

***

"You did good out there today, Li.", Zayn says, he and Liam standing out in the hallway.  It was getting late, and everyone decided to get to bed.  Liam was sharing a room with Niall, and Zayn was in his own room.

"Well, I wouldn't have done so good if you didn't decide to make the changes you did.  That was incredible, Zayn, really smart, too.", the boy says bashfully, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, always getting a bit nervous when he's alone with the other boy.

"Nah, that was nothing.  I barely did anything.  It was you guys that did all the work."

Liam chuckles nervously.  "Thanks, Zayn.  I'm glad we could meet your expectations."

"You guys did more than meet my expectations, you blew me away, especially you."  Liam's cheeks grow redder, and Zayn smiles at the sight.

"Well, thanks again." 

Zayn coughs a bit to break the silence.  "We better get to bed.  Another long day of training tomorrow."

"Yeah, you're right.", Liam says, agreeing...but both of them don't make any attempt to move.  "I'll see you tomorrow.", the strong boy says, taking a step forward to hug the shadow boy, Zayn hugging back with a bright smile on his face.

"See you tomorrow, Li."  The two break apart reluctantly, and Liam doesn't know why, but he leans forward to kiss Zayn's cheek.

"G'night."

The door closes behind Liam, and Zayn whisper cheers, doing a small victory dance before walking down the hall towards his own room, his fingers tracing over the spot Liam's lips had touched.

***

Jade looks up when she's done spitting out the minty toothpaste in her mouth, wiping her face afterwards while she hears footsteps approaching.  She figures it's just Perrie looking for her, so she happily skips over to open the bathroom door when there's a small knock.

"Hey Pe-oh....Leigh-Anne?"  She was surprised to see Leigh-Anne standing in front of the door, lookng down at her feet.

"Hi.  I hope you don't mind, but I asked Normani to let me in.  I just really needed to talk to you."

"Uhm...yeah, sure.  But you should hurry, before Perrie comes in and sees you."  Leigh-Anne nods, lifting her head to look the smaller girl in the eyes.

"I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for everything that's happened between us.  I'm especially sorry for how I treated Perrie in Determination.  I understand now that you and Perrie are perfect for each other, and I feel bad for getting in the way of that.  I was hoping we could all be friends again?"

"Aww, that's sweet of you, Leigh, really, I appreciate it.  I forgive you, because I know how hard it is for you to admit you're wrong.  We can obviously be friends, I think it'd be really cool.  The only thing in the way is Perrie.  I don't know if she'd be okay with this."

"Okay with what?"  Jade and Leigh-Anne turn their heads, seeing the blonde standing there with her arms crossed over her chest, her blue eyes cold and menacing.  Jade nods at Leigh-Anne, telling her to explain to Perrie, and Leigh opens her mouth to do so, but the blonde stops her.  "No, no, it's okay, you don't need to explain.  I already get it.  'The only thing in the way is Perrie'.  Yeah, I get it.  I'm the only thing in the way of your relationship.  Nice to know I was played this entire time."

Perrie turns to leave the room, but Jade pushes Leigh-Anne aside and grabs onto the pale girl's wrist just in time to stop her.  "Pez, you didn't hear the entire thing-"

"I didn't need to-"

"I'm sorry!", Leigh-Anne shouts, not wanting to be the reason why the perfect couple has a fight or breaks up.  The two lovers pause, listening to Leigh.  "I'm sorry Perrie, for how I've treated you, and for how I always tried to get in between you two.  That's all, alright?  I just wanted to come and say I'm sorry, and that I've realized you two are perfect together, and I don't want to get in the middle of that.  I was hoping we could be friends again, like old times, with Jesy."

Jade let's go of Perrie's wrist, happy to see that the blonde still hasn't run out of the room, even though she has the chance.

"That's it?", Perrie asks, looking between her girlfriend and the telepath.  "No secret relationship, no nothing?"

"Nope, nothing's going on, Pez."  Perrie calms down when she feels Jade's hand grasp hers, intertwining their fingers.

"Alright.  I forgive you, Leigh.  I've kinda missed you anyway."

The three share a group hug, only to feel another pair of arms wrap around them.  They quickly break apart, only to find Jesy standing there with a proud smile on her face.

"Finally you guys have grown up!  I've been waiting forever for you to come to your senses and stop fighting like kindergarteners."

"Seriously, how is everyone getting into my room?", Jade asks.

"Your room?  I thought this was our room.", Perrie whines.  Jade just rolls her eyes playfully, and gives the blonde a small peck on the lips as an apology.

"Come on kiddo, let's give these two lovebirds their privacy.", Jesy says, wrapping an arm around Leigh-Anne's shoulder, leading them out the door.

"Kiddo?!  I'm the same age as you!"

"I don't care, I'm still older."

"By only a few months!"

The two continue their banter out the door, Perrie quickly shutting it behind them so she could smash her lips against Jade's, wrapping her arms around the smaller girl and lifting her up.

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions.", she whispered, letting Jade back down onto her feet.

"It's alright, baba, I understand why you did.  But let's just move on from that, and go to sleep."

"Cuddles?"

"When do I ever say no to your cuddles?  Just give me another kiss first."

***

Camila smiled, feeling Lauren's arm wrap around her waist and pull her closer.  She loved how protective the older girl was, always having an arm around her.  She giggled when she felt Lauren's lips press against the back of her neck, her hand lifting up to smack the green-eyed girl's shoudler, telling her to knock it off before things got heated.

"Love you, Camz.", Lauren whispered, innocently pressing a kiss to the shell of Camila's ear.

"Love you too, Lauren."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

"Good.  I don't ever wanna lose you, babe."

"I'll always love you, so you don't have to worry."

"Good night, baby."

"Nighty night."

***

A/N: eyyyyyy, that was a long chapter :p i hope that made up for the long ass time it took for me to update (school sucks -.-) so, now y'all pretty much know everyone's powers, congrats ;p please comment/vote/share because I'd love you forever if you did so.  btw this isn't edited, so don't kill me for grammar mistakes, or any mistakes for that matter.  Love you guys, baiiii <3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

40K 1.7K 50
"𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚." "𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚." "𝙄 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙥...
22.5K 482 25
71.8K 1.2K 23
|COMPLETED| This is the sequel to The Last Of Us x OC! Male reader, if you haven't read that then read it before this one! :) Ellie had lost her best...
50.9K 2.6K 15
〝𝘼𝙢 𝙄 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚? 𝙊𝙧 𝙖𝙢 𝙄 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚?〞 𝙄𝙣 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧�...