Another World: A One Directio...

By XxDareToDream13xX

*A/N: Please note, this is a year ago when Liam was eighteen. They were big, but they weren't as famous as th... More

*Prologue*
Chapter Two: I Want
Chapter Three: Kids in America
Chapter Four: You light up my world
Chapter Five: Moments in Time
Chapter Six: Decisions
Chapter Seven: Preparations
Chapter Eight: One Night, One Dream, One Chance
Chapter Nine: Tell Me a Lie
Chapter Ten: Live While We're Young
Chapter Eleven: A Trip Down Memory Lane
Chapter Twelve: Save You Tonight
Chapter Thirteen: Little Things
*AUTHOR'S NOTE! PLEASE READ!*
Chapter Fourteen: They Don't Know About Us
Chapter Fifteen: Same Mistakes
Chapter Sixteen: Still The One
Chapter Seventeen: She's Not Afraid
Chapter Eighteen: Truly, Madly, Deeply
Chapter Nineteen: Magic
Chapter Twenty: Nobody Compares
Chapter Twenty-One: Over Again
Chapter Twenty-Two: I wish
Chapter Twenty-Three: Back For You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Your Song
Chapter Twenty-Five: Heart Attack
Chapter Twenty-Six: Summer Love
Epilogue
About the Sequel
LIAM AND SUMMER SEQUEL + BONUS CHAPTER

*Chapter One: Only Girl in the World*

1K 17 5
By XxDareToDream13xX

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved.

    Chapter One: Only Girl in the World.

~*~

          "Summer! You need to get up, you only have fifteen minutes!" My mother yelled as her obnoxiously lous footsteps stopped outside my door. She barged through uninvited, making me pull the blankets around my body tighter. I waited for the attack, even in my half-asleep state, I was as vigilany as I could possibly be.

             What happened next was a blur. One minute, I was safe on my bed, the next I was on the floor with a loud thump. With my hands, I pet the hard surface in which had attacked my face. The theory planted in my mind was correct, my mother had just pulled me off my own bed.

             "Ow." I muttered into the sheets as I lay face planted on the floor. I heard mom dust her hands on her jeans triumphantly and heard her footsteps fade, stopping near the door.

                           "That'll serve you for ignoring me, daughter."

          "I hate you." My voice muffled. With a groan, I picked myself off the floor and peeled the sheets from my body. I flung them - none-to graciously - on to my bed and padded my way to the bathrrom, tiredly. In five minutes I had cleaned myself to perfection, well as perfect as you could get in five minutes.

         After throwing on a pair of black skinny jeans, black and white converse and Taylor Swift concert T-shirt, I shuffled out of my room and into the kitchen.

        I wasn't a morning person. That explanation itself should clarify that I do nothing but be a zombie for a good hour or so. I don't eat breakfast, talk, concentrate or do anything social.

     "Did you want something to eat?" Mom called from her spot on the couch in the family room. I picked up my bag from the table and shook my head as I passed the small archway into the room where mom was watching T.V.

      "No, thanks, Ma. I'll grab something at school. Bye!" I called as I legged it out the front door. I knew mom was worried about my eating habits because I only really had dinner and lunch at school. I remember about two years ago she asked me if I was okay, and if I needed to go to the hospitable and see a doctor about my aneroxic or ballimic condition, she would be behind me one-hundred percent and support me throughout the entire experience.

               I almost passed out from shock.

     I brought myself back to the present as I trekked my way to the dungeon of this small town. Or, school, as some people like to acknowledge it. So welcome to Senton Hill. A small, remote town located in the midst of America, where everybody knew everyone; from their friends cats and dogs, to their neighbour's cousin's cousins.

     Considering the town was such a small place, everyday I had the pleasure of walking to school, since it was only just around the corner. As I dawdled mindlessly down various lawns, a familiar ringtone blared through my cell. Anna.

      "Hello?" I answews as I watched for cards on the main roan, before crossing the street after the all clear. I waited patiently for Anna to organise her thoughts, no doubt she was trying to decide what gossip to enlighten me with today. The thing with this girl, was she was the gossip queen of the school. If you want dirt on someone, Anna's your girl.

     "Ah, my dearest best friend. I smell fresh meat in the air today." She purred, to which she added sniffling noises for effect. I rolled my eyes as I pushed through the school's front doors and intot he familiar hallways. As I entered the doors, I felt different; nervous, excitement, wonder, anxiousness. These emotions were probably due to the fact that it was my Senior year, and even though we were already two weeks in, I was still nervous. One; leaving a place like school after years of being in the place and realising you have to do something with your life kind of makes you wish you never had to leave. Two; since Senton Hill was quite far from any further location, Colleges were harder to apply for, and choose from.

     "Care to elaborate?" I asked Anna, drawing myself away from my thoughts to enter the combination for my locker. I heard her take a deep breath before the ranting began, she seemed to have this unhealthy talent for making a one-minute story into a six-hundred page book.

       "Okay, so Jenny told Jaren, who tolf Meghan, who told Jeremy, who told Linda, who told mia, who told me," She started, taking another breath. "That some big shot is coming to our school this year. Cool right? We get to meet someone famous!" She squealed, I could practically see her clapping her hands like a lunatic seal. I shut my locker door after grabbing my necessary books and began my usual routine walk to the music room.

      "Sum. Scream with me. Why aren't you screaming with me, woman? This is exciting news! I'm in need of a boyfriend and I have yet to up my numbers in that department. I believe Mr. Hunky-Dory can do that for me." She stated confidently.

      "Yeah, yeah. Save it for someone who cares about your non-existent love life, Anna. Anyway, I've gotta go, I'm practising for my next concert. 'Kay?" I said asI shoved the key into the lock of the Music room's door, shoving it open with a struggle. For some reason, the door was extremely heavy.

      "Fine," She huffed. "I'll talk to you period two. Wouldn't want you lagging in the gossip chain!" She chirped, before hanging up the phone. I shook my head and shoved my cell in the pocket of my skinnies. Sometimes Anna was a bit too cheery for her own good, the girl had some serious hyper issues.

      I grabbed the teacher's chair - since they had the luxury of a cushioned seat - and grabbed my acoustic, steel-stringed guitar from it's respective stand. Technically, it was mine, but no one ever used it, so I thought I'd brand it as my own. It was gorgeous with long intricate pattered carved along the larger part of the body. The entire instrument was glossed to perfection, the brown wood reflecting the lighting, making my eyes burn from the furious glare of it. I lay it gently across my lap in the correct position and let my my fingers strum softly over the strings. My ears soaked up the off-key tune in order for me to tune it correctly.

      I let my fingers flow over th efrets and felt my body relax as the familiar melody I had learnt last night, flowed from the guitar into the silence filled room.

   This night is sparkling, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home,

I'll spend forever, wondering if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you.

   This night is flawless, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, dancing 'round all alone,

I'll spend forever, wondering if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you.

       I sang with clarity, Taylor Swift's 'Enchanted' as clear as I could muster with me still accompanying a croaky voice from waking up only about twenty-minutes.

      I felt the air shift from the direction from the door, and stopped my strumming to face the disruption. I expected the teacher, Anna, even some Freshman who still couldn't find his way to the right class. What I didn't expect was to find a guy standing there.

       He was actually good-looking. He had short tussled, golden brown hair. His tanned skin glowed as the light shone behind his still form in the doorway. He was wearing a pair of brown khaki pants, a red and green flanellete shirt and to sum it up, he had a pair of beaten read converse. I liked him immediately, especially as my gaze travelled to his genuinely sorry face.

       "Oh, I'm so sorry. I was looking for the office when I heard this gorgeous music coming from here." He said, looking at me worriedly, as if I was going to snap at him for barging in here. His voice was laced with a thick British accent and I couldn't help but fall in love with it, instantly. Instantly, my mind travelle back to the conversation I had with Anna. She had said there was a celebrity coming to the school. Was this the guy? My eyes wondered him up anf down. Well he certainly looked the part, I thought, smirking internally. I quickly dismissed those thoughts though and pressed my brain for a response.

        "Oh, that's fine, really. Did you need help finding it?" I asked as I stood up, placing my guitar on it's stand gently. I looked up at him and saw he was smiling at me, his gorgeous brown eyes lit up at my offer and he nodded enthusiastically.

       "That'd be great, thank you so much." He gushed, as I made my way to his side. "I'm new here, so I have no clue where I'm going. I was lost even before I followed your music." He admitted with a sheepish grin, shrugging.

        I laughed and nodded as we both left the room. I quickly locked the door and we began making our merry way to the main office. It was silent as we descended the familiar staircase, so I opted to break it. "So what's your name?" I asked, actually curious. Names such as Bob, Ted, Billy or Fred were circulating through my mind as the silence stretched.

      "Liam." He said after a moment, and I heaved a silent sigh of relief. Liam was actually in my top ten list of favourite guy names, as the case may be.

      "Cool name." I complimented. I pointed out the closed, glass doors of the office and nodded his head in thanks.

       "What's your name?" He held the door open for me with a cute smile, and I held back one of those cliche sighs of contempt. I walked pass with a thankful smile, and responded.

       "Summer Littlemore." He nodded approvingly and made our way to the office clerk. Ms Grey, she had bleach blonde hair, had to be in her mid-forties, had some extra baby weight from all those brownies she continues to each. She gave us an expectant look as she looked over the glassed perched on her nose.

      "Hey, Ms Grey. This is Liam, he's new." I explained. She sent him a warm smile and proceeded to type expertly on her computer sat before her.

      "What is your surname, Liam?" She asked, her fingers poised above her the computer's keyboard, ready to type. He hesitated for a small moment, but I barely caught the movement as he leant in to answer her question.

     "Payne." He said. "P-A-Y-N-E." The printer jerked and screeched as it struggled with the paper inside. Eventually, it spat out two forms. She handed one to him.

      "Just fill this out, and then you're done, Mr. Payne." Ms. Grey announced as she handed him a pen from her desk. He scribbled through the form, handing it back to her quickly. She handed him another sheet of paper, but it was small this time. Her eyes lit up as she handed it to him.

              "Could you please sign this for -"

      "Of course." Liam cut in with a tight smile as he leant over the paper, scribbling his signature over it hastily, before handing it back.

      "Thank you." She smiled and he nodded, looking a bit pissed. "Here is your schedule, I hope you enjoy your time here at Senton Hill High School, Mr. Payne." She said, shooing us away from her desk, ready to talk to another student.

      "What was that about?" I asked as we left the office. He shrugged, but said nothing. I narrowed my eyes, but decided to drop it. He was new here after all, no need to push the new guy out of his comfort zone on the first day.

     "Can I see your schedule?" I asked, holding out my hand for him to place it in. He dropped it into hand with a smile, as we continued to walk.

      As I read through, I found out we had two classes together. Music and Human Biology. As I handed it back to him, the shrill sound of the belled echoed through the hallway, now bustling with activity.

      "You have Creative Writing first. That class is easy, so don't stress. I'll see you third period, just before lunch." I said, before turning to leave. A thought occured to me and stopped, turning back embarrassingly. "I'm sorry, did you need help getting your first class?" I asked, rather sheepishly. I didn't want him to be late on his first day, he seemed genuinely nice, and definitely didn't deserve getting stuck next to a lunatic, flirt or the spit-flying zone of Mr. Edgar, the Creative Writing teacher.

      "No, thank you. I got it. Thank you. But I'll see you in..." He squinted his brown eyes at the piece of paper and looked back up with a spark in his eyes. "Music."

     "Okay! I'll catch you later, bye!" I called as I walked in the opposite direction. I shoved my way through the throngs of cliques that littered the hallways, blocking off every single route. Finally, after dazedly fighting my way through the raging tidal waved of students, I made it to my algebra class and landed in an empty seat with a sigh. My thoughts were still trained on the mysterious boy that was Liam.

               Who was Liam, really?

***

A/N:

     So, what did you think of the first chapter?

    What you expected? What you didn't expect?

        There's going to be drama, disappointment, romance, heartbreak. All the good stuff.

    Please vote, comment, fan and criticize. I'm up for it all!

        Thank you for reading this, hope you enjoyed it! :)

               On the side-----> One Direction's cover of Only girl in the world by Rihanna, from the Xfactor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.7K 19
Needing to make sure their secret is safe calls for drastic measures. In this world, you never know who is your friend or foe, but staying in the cle...
4.5K 95 25
Jenna is gorgeous and as normal as can be, she has her friends just like everyone else, yet unlike a few, some of her friends were insanely famous, m...
30K 432 38
"They say God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And as much as anyone can say how in...
554K 6.9K 55
BE WARNED. THIS STARTS OUT IN THE CARROT YEARS OK.......You can skip a couple chapters I guess but can also just go to the second book... Lydia. 18...