Kitties and Cupcakes : pjm ✔️

By Born2beSad

"Y/n...can I bite you?" Hybrid au, Reader adopts a stray hybrid cat and he helps her out at the bakery she o... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Epilogue
A Special Update

Part 31

37.4K 1.4K 467
By Born2beSad

A couple of weeks passed and Jimin was starting to worry about y/n. She was having more and more nightmares, and more and more often he was having to wake her from them, not being able to successfully chase them away while she slept with his normal methods. Whenever he had to wake her from the nightmare she would sob in his arms and then sleep fitfully for the rest of the night, and neither of them were getting enough sleep these days. Whenever he asked her what she dreamed about she said she didn't know, and sometimes he felt like she might be hiding something, like she did remember the nightmare and just didn't want to tell him. He watched her worriedly as they worked at the bakery one morning, dark circles visible beneath her eyes.

The door tinkled and Hoseok came in. Jimin hurried to help him, waving y/n away as she continued cleaning out one of the display cases. She smiled at her friend tiredly, giving him a wave before returning to her task.

"Hobi hyungie, I need to talk to you," Jimin said in a soft voice as the other boy reached the register.

"What is it Chim?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. Jimin raised his finger to his lips, peering over his shoulder at y/n. He grabbed Hoseok's usual and ushered him to a table in the corner, sliding into the seat across from him.

"It's y/n," Jimin began, leaning towards the boy and speaking barely above a whisper. "She's had nightmares ever since I met her, but...they've been getting worse lately. She has them every night and I have to wake her up to stop them and she's not getting enough sleep - I'm worried about her hyung. I hate that I can't do anything for her, I feel so helpless," he said hanging his head.

Hoseok frowned, looking over at the back of y/n. "I didn't know she still had nightmares...I'll talk to her."

"What do you mean still?" Jimin asked, looking at the other intently.

Hoseok hesitated before shaking his head. "It's not my place to tell you. Let me talk to her, and I'm sure she'll tell you more whenever this...whatever this is passes. If you send her over here I'll talk to her right now."

Jimin frowned, wanting to ask more questions but knowing that once Hoseok decided he wasn't going to tell him anything it was pointless. He sighed and stood, heading toward her.

-

You worked mechanically, wiping down the case and forcing your thoughts to be silent, concentrating on keeping your eyes open. You felt a gentle tap on your shoulder and turned to see Jimin looking at you sweetly. You gave him a soft smile. Your poor kitty looked just as tired as you felt. You knew you had been keeping him up lately, and you felt terrible. You reached up and cupped his cheek, leaning in to kiss him softly. His eyes widened in surprise. You had forgotten you were at work and you didn't normally display that kind of affection in public.

"Sorry kitten," you whispered, blushing and dropping your hand.

"Don't be baby," he said, smiling and catching your hand between his, squeezing it gently. "Why don't you go sit with Hobi for a bit? I'll finish this." You nodded and headed over to sit with your friend.

"You look like shit," he greeted as you slid into the seat across from him. You scowled but didn't say anything, scrubbing your hands over your face. "Are you having nightmares again?" He asked in a low voice, looking at you intently. You hesitated before nodding, dropping your hands to your lap. He frowned. "Are they about him?"

You sighed, looking at your lap for a moment in silence before explaining everything to him. "They start out about something else, something small but scary, like..." you thought, trying to come up with an example of one of the nightmares you'd had recently. "Like I can't find Jimin or he gets hurt or something and then he shows up like he's just there to watch whatever bad thing is happening to me. And I can never see his face but I know it's him. Last night...the bakery was on fire. And I couldn't do anything about it, and I looked over and there he was, standing in the shadows holding a match," your voice broke and Hoseok's hand darted across the table to grip yours, his face a mask of worry.

"Y/n," he said gently, searching your eyes.

"Why is this happening Hobi? Why is he in my head?" You asked, tears spilling down your cheeks.

"I don't know sweetheart," he replied softly, squeezing your hand again with his. "You should try talking to Jimin about everything that happened - maybe you are subconsciously worried about something and need to get it off your chest."

You blinked away the remainder of your tears, swiping at your face. "I don't know if I'm ready to tell him...I'm scared he'll leave."

"That's a ridiculous thing to be scared of," Hoseok said, frowning at you. "Talk to him." You sighed and nodded, standing to head back to work.

"Okay, Okay, I'll talk to him," you said to your friend as you walked away. "Eventually," You said, quietly to yourself.

-

After work you and Jimin headed home, both of you changing immediately into comfortable clothes. Jimin collapsed onto the bed and held his arms out for you.

"Come here baby, I'm exhausted," he sighed, reaching toward you. You approached the bed but stood next to it, stroking his ears and looking down at him as he closed his eyes and purred at your touch.

"Actually kitten...I think I should sleep on the couch," You said, hesitantly. He sat up quickly, frowning deeply and grabbing onto you to keep you next to him.

"Absolutely not," he said, a touch of fear creeping into the angry tone of his voice.

"But - you need to sleep, I can't keep waking you up like this..." you reached out and caressed his cheek softly. "You look so exhausted Jimi. I'm not taking proper care of you."

"And how am I supposed to take proper care of you if you're sleeping on the couch?" He demanded, gripping both your wrists in his hands gently. "I need to be with you so I can wake you up if you...I - I don't know how else to help you y/n, please, stay with me," he said thickly. "I'll sleep tomorrow while you're at work with Yoongi, okay? Please." His bottom lip trembled slightly as he looked up at you. You sighed and nodded. He scooted back and laid down and you crawled into the bed next to him. He immediately gathered you into his arms, burying his face in your hair and holding you tightly.

"I don't deserve you kitten," you whispered to him, the comfort and warmth of his body making your exhausted mind drift off to sleep almost instantly.

"You deserve the world baby. And I wish I could give it to you," he said softly, kissing your face lovingly as you slept before relaxing next to you himself.

Jimin was so exhausted that night that he didn't wake in the early stages of your nightmare like usual, jerking awake instead when you whimpered loudly, your teeth clenched and face contorted.  Tears sprang into his eyes as he looked down at you, feeling helpless, but as he leaned in and caressed your neck with his rough tongue your breathing began to even out and you calmed down, sleeping soundly again. He sighed in relief and snuggled back down into the pillows. It happened again a few hours later and that time he had to wake you and you cried silently in his arms until you both fell back to sleep.

-

You woke up the next morning and dragged yourself out of bed, kissing Jimin's forehead before turning to leave. You paused in the doorway when you heard a sleepy voice say, "wait," and turned to see him blinking his eyes at you. His fluffy blonde hair was sticking out in all directions and his face was puffy from sleep. He pouted and made grabby hands at you, so you shuffled back over to him, smiling softly. He wrapped his arms around your waist and buried his face in your stomach and just purred, holding onto you for a few breaths as you stroked his ears. He pulled back and tapped his full lips with his finger, squeezing his eyes shut and waiting for his kiss. You chuckled and leaned down, pressing your lips gently to his. He slid his hand to your neck and deepened the kiss, moving his lips against yours and letting loud purrs rumble in his throat. You knew you were running late, but you didn't pull away as he sat half way up, allowing the desperation in his kiss to wash over you as you returned his passion. He pulled away when he could no longer breathe but kept his face close to yours, looking intensely into your eyes. "I love you baby. So much," he breathed, his voice full of emotion.

"And I love you kitten," you replied, running your fingers back over his ears. He smiled and lay back down, looking up at you happily. "Now get some sleep, and I'll see you tonight." He nodded, his eyes closing as he snuggled into the blankets and you turned, heading off to the bakery. You trudged in and went straight for your coffee, drinking deeply and leaning against the counter. Yoongi turned around and crossed his arms, frowning at you.

"You know, you kinda looked like shit the last time I saw you, but I didn't say anything in case you were just having a bad day. But you look even worse today. What is going on with you? Do I need to kick Jimin's ass?" He demanded, sounding both frustrated and worried. You shook your head and set your cup down.

"I just haven't been sleeping well lately," You said, rubbing your face. He stepped closer to you, looking at you with real concern, his silky black ears swiveled with worry.

"Hey," He said softly, making you look up at him. "Seriously, what's wrong?" He asked, putting a hand supportively on your shoulder.

You bit your lip to keep in the tears that were threatening to fall. "I just can't sleep is all," you said, shrugging his hand off and turning to work. "I'm fine." You busied yourself as he frowned and walked away, getting to work as well. You took deep breaths, shaking your head. You refused to talk about the dreams. If you just ignored them, maybe they would go away. If you refused to give voice to your problems, they weren't real. Right?

-

FYI 'he' is obviously not a bts member. Cause I already introduced all of them in the story 😆

I am going to use an idol though, because I'm not good at making up characters from scratch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 80 7
Major Egan and his 2 crew men landed in a small town in France. As the other men figure out a way to come and rescue them, they stay there and get he...
41.6K 1.3K 34
❝"don't look at me like that." "Like what?" "Like I mean anything to you."❞ ---- min yoongi x reader
815K 32.1K 43
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.5M 50.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...