Part 3

After thoroughly cleaning the kitchen and getting a few things started for the next day you stretched, groaning and rubbing your neck. You untied your apron and tossed it away and Jimin followed your lead.

"I'm starving," You whined before looking over to him. He was standing a few feet away, watching you uncertainly. "You must be hungry too, right?" He nodded. You walked over to him and put a hand on his arm, looking at him seriously, "thank you for all your help today, I really appreciate it. Let me buy you dinner!" He nodded again, eagerly, and you headed for the door, "let's pick something up and take it home with us. There's a really good place on the way and, oh?"

You paused looking over at the hybrid. You had expected him to follow you from a couple steps behind like he had done the night before, but instead he had come up right next to you and slipped his hand into yours. You looked down at your hands and then up at his face. He was avoiding your gaze shyly, his tail whipping back and forth behind him. You smiled softly and tightened your fingers around his before heading off.

The two of you arrived home with the food and chatted while you ate. "So, who was that guy?" Jimin asked nonchalantly. You raised an eyebrow at him, unsure who he was referring to. "The one who was talking about his hybrid? With the cinnamon rolls?"

"Oh! That was my friend Hobi. We were in school together and he helped me buy the bakery since he knew it had always been my dream," you smiled at the memory, "he has a dog hybrid named Taehyung. I'd be happy to introduce you if you like!"

Jimin flattened his ears, "a dog? Yuck."

You laughed at his reaction, "apparently Tae has a new friend who is a bunny hybrid. That might be better for you, right?"

Jimin shrugged. "I don't need any friends as long as I have you." You blushed shyly at his words. He thought a moment before continuing, "He thought you hired me - would you really hire a hybrid? Could I work with you every day?"

"I've been thinking about hiring someone for a while I just wasn't sure how to find someone good. And I can't pay a lot right now," you said sighing. "But I would love it if you would work for me. Hybrid or not, you worked hard and it was very helpful. I can't ask you to work every day though, maybe I could get someone else to do a couple days..." you trailed off thoughtfully but were suddenly interrupted when a large cat crashed into you, hugging you tightly around the waist, "Jimin, what-"

"Thank you y/n! I've never had a job before and I had so much fun today! I will work every day! I'll be the best worker ever!" He exclaimed.

You chuckled, patting his head. "Well you can work most days but not every day. I don't want you to get burnt out and everyone needs a couple days off. Speaking of which, tomorrow is my day off - the bakery is closed on Sundays, so we'll go shopping and get you some new clothes."

He sat up, letting go of you and frowning. "But, I don't have any money to buy clothes."

"Well, you have a job now so you will be earning money. And also..." you trailed off, twisting your hands in your lap, "if -if you let me adopt you, then...it's my responsibility to take care of you anyway, so I'll be buying your clothes. Oh - kitty? What's wrong?"

You looked up at Jimin who was biting his lip with a pained expression. Suddenly, his face broke into tears and he threw his arms around you again. "I can't believe you would want to hire me and adopt me," he sobbed into your neck. "No one has ever been so nice to me."

You smiled, gathering him in your arms and holding him to you, rubbing his back soothingly while he cried. "I can tell you're a special kitten," you murmured to him, "and I'm so glad you want to stay with me."

You cleaned up together after dinner and settled into the couch to watch a movie before bed. Jimin laid his head in your lap, curling up next to you. "Y/n?" He said tentatively. You looked down at him and tilted your head for him to go on, "I'm sorry I reacted so strongly when you touched my ear this morning, it's just - no one has stroked me in such a long time, and sometimes it makes me feel funny. But," he grabbed your hand and placed it on his head, turning to face the television. "Please?" He asked softly.

You smiled and buried your hand in his blonde hair, stroking his soft ears. He purred happily on your lap as you watched the movie. When it ended, Jimin sat up, watching you stand and stretch, expectantly. "Bedtime," you sighed. You headed toward your room and glanced back at him, still sitting on the couch staring after you with big, hopeful eyes. You chuckled and held out your hand. "Well, are you coming with me?"

He beamed, his eyes squinting closed and dashed across the room after you. He looked around your bedroom with wide eyes. You rummaged in a drawer for a minute, pulling out a pair of oversized sweatpants and tossed them to him. "Go swap your jeans for those, I hope they're comfortable. We'll get you something of your own to sleep in tomorrow."

"Oh, but - I used to just sleep in my underwear the last time I had a home," He said looking at you confusedly.

"Well not here," you said blushing, "it's our first night sleeping in the bed together and we just met and...it's cold," You finished lamely.

"Ok," he nodded smiling and heading for the bathroom. You changed quickly and pulled back the covers before sliding and and scooting toward the wall. You snuggled down into the pillows and waited. Jimin came back in with the sweatpants hanging low around his waist and shirtless. He yawned big and clicked off the lamp before sliding into the bed next to you. "Y/n?" He asked tentatively.

You reached out and stroked his ear, "What is it kitty?"

"I - I like to sleep with a stuffy...or a pillow to hug," he mumbled shyly.

"Oh...I don't really have anything..." you said, thoughtfully "but how about this?" You turned and snuggled yourself into his arms, pressing your back against his chest. "You can hug me," you said, resting your arms on his and closing your eyes. He purred contently against your back and buried his face in your hair, breathing deeply. You both drifted off to sleep in no time.

 You both drifted off to sleep in no time