Part 13

Days passed and you were happy that everything was normal between you and both of your boys. Yoongi had seemed to open up and was more comfortable around you after the night you gave him the key, chatting and joking more easily even at work and in the morning when he had been most quiet and reserved before.

It also seemed that your relationship with Jimin was even stronger since the night you had opened up to him. He didn't whine as much about you working with Yoongi, although he did still scent you when you got home from work every Wednesday and Saturday.

It was a Saturday morning now, and you arrived late to the bakery having overslept a tad and then had trouble getting  Jimin up and ready to be dropped off at Hoseok's for the day. Yoongi had left the door unlocked for you after he let himself in and you locked it back behind yourself as you bustled in, calling out a greeting and apology to the dark cat in the same breath. You hung up your coat and grabbed an apron, tugging your hair back into a bun as you hurried into the kitchen. Your eyes settled on a steaming cup of coffee waiting for you at your usual station, prepared the way you liked it. You grabbed it and swigged it happily, turning to thank Yoongi with a huge smile.

As you faced him you found that he was already watching you, pleased at your reaction to the coffee he had made you, as he did most mornings. You held the cup in both hands and shuffled over to him, a goofy grin on your face as you leaned over and rubbed your forehead on his shoulder, making him break into a big gummy smile. "Thank you thank you for the coffee Yoongiiii, sorry I was laaate," you sang.

"Yeah, yeah, at least I don't have to wait outside in the cold for you anymore. I could have frozen to death back then, you know." He said, shoving your shoulder playfully.

You gave him a final grin and turned back to your station. "You didn't though, so I don't feel bad," you joked. He barked a laugh and shook his head, returning to work

Later when you were nearly ready for the day you opened the double doors of the big oven and turned to grab your tray to slide it in. You stumbled a little as your moved toward the oven and your inner arm caught the inside of the open door.

"SHIT!" you exclaimed, shoving the tray in and slamming the oven door, tears springing immediately to your eyes as you held your arm, peering at the angry red patch on your skin. "That one is gonna scar," you mumbled as Yoongi rushed over to peer at your arm.

He took it in both hands, turning your forearm toward himself to examine it closely. He pulled it up close to his face and his eyes darted to you nervously for a moment. You were busy wiping tears from your eyes with your other hand and didn't see him lower his mouth to your arm and quickly lick the burned skin. You jerked your arm in shock but he gripped it tightly in his large hands and gave you a confused look.

"Yoongi, what the hell are you doing," you said, frowning at him, tugging on your arm.

"You don't want me to help?" He asked hesitantly, still looking confused but letting go of you.

"I mean you can get me the burn ointment from the first aid kit, but I don't see how licking me is helpful at the moment..." You responded, jut as confused at his reaction as he was at yours. You held up both your arms to show him the marks up and down the pale skin of your forearms from years of working around hot ovens. "Its fine, I'm used to it," you shrugged.

He reached out and trailed his fingers down your uninjured forearm, ever so softly tracing your past scars, furrowing his brow. "Y/n...don't you know that hybrid saliva has some healing abilities?" He asked, blushing a little as he continued, "like how a cat would lick its wounds - I can do that too, for you...if you want, I mean." He met your eyes shyly and reached a hand back out for your arm, offering to help you.