HILL VALLEY ยน, back to the fu...

By circa1985

" ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š. . . " ยทหš๐Ÿ›นโšก๏ธ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ... More

๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐•๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐˜
๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰๐’Š๐’„ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’“๐’š
ii. born to lose
iii. the outcasts
iv. arcade deception
v. jealous guy
vi. you don't own me
vii. summer of '85
viii. young lust
ix. sneaky feelings
x. tardy slip
xi. world's second time-travelers
xii. red letter date
xiii. learnin' the game
xiv. a many splendored-thing
xv. man from space
xvi. roll over beethoven
xvii. you can never tell
xviii. stupid cupid
xix. tender trap
xx. pink shoe laces
xxi. just a fool
xxii. a fool in love
xxiii. save the clock tower
xxiv. lone pine mall
xxv. lightning never strikes twice

i. skatepark buddies

7K 162 104
By circa1985

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚'𝕞 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕖𝕟

Fall 1983

BEING ABOUT three in the afternoon, Fletcher Callisto was beginning to cook dinner in the still new home he'd moved into with his daughter. Or so, his daughter assumed as she made her way down the steps to her the familiar sounds of her father in the kitchen. She peered out to see him completely focused on his task and casually watching through a Food Channel directory as he did so. With the leftover moving boxes still stacked across the living room the house appeared better than it had when the family arrived into the newest neighborhood district of Hill Valley: Hilldale.

A place Fletcher wouldn't have been able to afford before reaching the settlement in his grandfather's will that left him with enough money to move back into his hometown. This then causing for his daughter to up and leave her life from a small town in Chicago into— a small town in California. But her father made the change of pace appear to be for the better for the two of them as he always seemed to do. He was an idealist through and through with the dad jokes and puns to accompany his laidback behavior.

Considering he was the only family she had, she was more than grateful for him.

"Dad I'm gonna head out to see the school," His daughter told him while holding her backpack close behind her.

"Alright pumpkin, just be home in time for dinner," He said, not even looking up from the cutting board in front of him.

She grinned, waking out the door in a hurry. Once out on the sidewalk of the neighborhood she pulled out her familiar worn-down skateboard and tucked in the headphones that were attached to her Walkman. Instead of hearing the neighbors calling out to their children to come inside for dinner, all she could hear was the voice of David Bowie off the tape.

Swaying carelessly on the board as she moved out of the neighborhood to head in the direction of the courthouse square, the familiar track seemed to accompany her every move as she did so. The switch up of living spaces was fairly recent for her, having just gotten here officially only last week. There wasn't much time she'd actually spent seeing what made this town so different from the last one. She hadn't taken the time to see for herself at least. Well, not how she wanted to.

The young blonde continued on her way, passing by the now familiar town center finally. She stopped off to the side and looked up to the clock tower to notice in close detail the way time had, in fact, stopped. Stuck in a single instance from the past. Not helping to laugh over this being a proof of the lack of funding the town seemed to have she continued to look on in amusement.

"Nice skateboard, shame you're not using it," She heard someone say and looked up, turning around as well but not finding anyone around her.

The blonde shook it off, getting back on her skateboard to continue on her way. "There's better ways to ride that you know," A young boy said beside her with the surprise of his presence making her jump. He chuckled and she groaned over the ridicule to skate after him. Turning back again she noticed he had gone and was smiling proudly, continuing to go—

"See you Blondie," The boy said, grabbing the back of a pick-up truck that was driving on the road. He smiled over to her as the teen continued to roll down the street with her mouth agape until he disappeared past the street corner.

"Looks like I actually found something interesting here," She thought to herself. Not having actually seen someone ride their skateboard so recklessly before, the casual air he had about the simple act made her more than curious.

She followed suit behind him as best she could, only catching glimpses of where he was going until finally seeing the boy open the door to the arcade nearby a 7-Eleven. Stepping off her board as well, she was greeted by the smell of greasy pizza and the sound of synth pop in this atmosphere. The tacky arcade was still at its height of business in the end of the summer break for the school year. Various kids now hung off each of the machines in their friend groups and cliques for her to walk past them out of place.

In a town where everyone seemed to know each other or, at least, recognize a friendly neighbor she was marked as the new kid. A title that, without her knowledge, was going to also stick when she arrived to the high school next week.

Giving up on her pursuits to find the mystery skater after some time spent looking, the young blonde settled on an empty Centipede console and put a quarter in to start playing. She tapped her foot to the beat paced herself, following any patterns she could find. It seemed like a good 15 minutes until she was out of the game and ranked herself in 5th.

The mysterious skater, as her attention was now focused on the game, watched her on the sidelines interested. He didn't expect for her to catch up to him quickly, which was why he hid away from her searches to find him. Now seeing her in clear view seemingly biting her cheeks to keep herself focused made him curious out of wanting to know who she was.

Taking the opportunity of her finishing the game and inputting the name ALADDIN SANE onto her rankings, he was shocked she was able to rank so high on the first game she came across. "Pictured you as more of a Pac Man kind of girl," He commented beside her to make his presence known.

The young girl raised her brow and folded her arms over to him. "Have you been standing there long?"

He shrugged, walking deeper into the arcade instead of admitting he had been as she followed beside him. "You're asking questions here? You're the one who followed me in the first place," He mentioned and she stopped, seeing him do the same. The boy just became smug again and stepped forward, having her notice the blue in his eyes finally despite the darkness of the room around them. "I'm Marty McFly by the way."

She nodded in return. "Amanda Callisto."

"That's Space Age, bitchin'," Marty thought to himself watching her knit brows to continue to scan him. If he didn't know any better he'd assume she was a year younger than him, especially considering she was around his height and most girls his age had passed him by now. Still, Amanda's name was almost a neon sign of her being as far-out as he already assumed she'd be just on their first interaction.

"You'll like it here, I can just tell," He told her, stopping to put some quarters in a Wild GunMan machine nearby.

Amanda chuckled and leaned against the side of it to continue their conversation. "And what makes you so sure of that?" By the way he said this line she couldn't tell if this was him being a good citizen or just flirting with her. With the smug grin he had in hearing her ask this only caused her to question his motives more.

With his finger on the toy trigger, Marty shrugged his shoulders. He aimed, hitting the target perfectly on the draw before turning back over to Amanda waiting for an answer. "Because I'll make sure of it personally. Besides, I don't get much girls who can skate fast enough to catch up to me," Marty explained and she rolled her eyes over the compliment to lean back again, "Here, keep playing. I'll grab us some pizza." Amanda stood there dumbly as he handed her the gun and walked off while she stared at the countdown on the screen waiting for it to say Draw before taking a shot. She did so as fast as I could, still not hitting the target the way Marty had previously done with as much precision.

"How long have you been in Hill Valley then?" He asked, taking his place to play again and handing over the slices he'd grabbed for each of them along with a Pepsi Free for good measure.

She shrugged her shoulders, taking a bite before actually speaking. "I just finished moving; got here last week."

He nodded and had another straight hit before taking a bite of his slice as well. "It's a good thing you're moving in now, just in time for school registration."

Marty put the toy gun down and turned to her suddenly, surprising her instantly over his change in attitude. "You like Rock music?" She tilted her head at the random question but still nodded. "Great! Maybe you can come see my band tonight? I'm in a band by the way, it's pretty cool if you ask me."

She raised her brow at him, not helping herself to laugh hysterically over the cool act he was desperately trying to play with her for whatever reason. "You have the attention span of a goldfish, I can't believe it."

"So does that mean you won't go?" He asked, leaning on the machine now to face her and ignoring the words completely.

Amanda rolled her eyes over this. "I'll go." He smiled and she raised a finger to him in order to stop the amount of pride he had over getting her to go along with this. "Only because I've got no clue what else to do in this town."

Marty gave her a cheeky grown over this and leaned in close to her. Unfazed by the way he shortened the space between them he was left in a rut. Usually he had no trouble getting a girl to be more than attracted to him over this, but Amanda simply stared at him as if he were still in the same place he was. "I think it just gives you more of an excuse to see me," He teased and tucked her suddenly under his arm, "C'mon, let me show you more of what Hill Valley has to offer. If you wanna take a hint, it isn't very much." She chuckled at the comment and held onto him as he continued to lead the way out of the arcade and to who knows where.

The two teens skated by one another, discussing the dreading of having to find themselves confined into a high school soon. "Small towns are suffocating the life out of me. None of it suits me at all, how do you stand it?"

"Stand it? I think it's unbearable. I just wanna--" Marty stopped for a second to have a deep thought in regards to his dreams of leaving Hill Valley. The way he always saw how he would be 10 years from now with his band and being an all-time, rich rockstar.

The far off look he had left Amanda to assume easily what was going on in his head at the moment. After all, she felt it too.

"Leave? Get the hell out of here and live the life you really want for yourself," Amanda told him, having Matty turn to her with a small smile over her understanding him naturally despite them only having know each other for a few minutes, "I want that too."

He got off his skateboard, leaning against the wall outside of the local mall. "Amanda Callisto, you and I are so similar why is that?" Marty asked and eyed the girl out of his own interest with her.

It was different talking about something like this with his band mates, people he'd known since they were children. The young, wide-eyed blonde in front of him who he barely knew grasped the very ideas he had without even needing any understanding on his background. Like they were tuned into the same station this whole time without ever realizing it before.

Amanda kicked up the skateboard into her hands to deter the conversation from beginning to grow heavy. "Why bother worrying about it when we can just catch a movie instead?" She raised a brow to him, having Marty laugh and take her hand to lead her inside the Twin Pines Mall.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

AMANDA LOOKED down the steps to see her Dad fast asleep on his recliner chair and soon made her way back up the stairs of her room cautiously. Looking down from her window, she tossed out her bag to have it land into the bush below. Then, slowly and surely, she made her way down as well to brush off the dirt that had managed to gather onto her outfit on the way.

The way, even in a new setting, she was able to manage herself out a second story bedroom without her father knowing all these years never ceased to amaze her.

Marty chuckled from the sidelines at her and she groaned in annoyance. "I don't know why I snuck out of my house for a guy I barely met a few hours ago," Amanda told him as he opened the back of the van for her.

He gave her a cocky grin. "Because deep down you think I'm cool as hell and you know it," He explained to her before introducing Amanda to the members of his band and the best friends he had, The Pinheads, "This is Amanda Callisto guys, she's one of us."

The person at the driver's side laughed at this, turning back to Marty and Amanda in the back. "You say that about all of them McFly." The dig by his friend left him irritated despite the fact that he was stupid for thinking that none of them could think he could have a friend outside of the three of them for once. Amanda only wanted to hear more to follow from the driver and listened on intently. "Sure she's pretty and everything, so I'm guessing you're dating her now? Kinda meets your quota since those are your only standards for a date."

The other boys laughed over this and Marty was left completely defenseless with Amanda now joining them. Being as it may initially he thought he could get a date with her, she proved to find anything he did either dumb or annoying, which then left him to opt her into the friend category. Only hoping none of the boys would catch him on the rejection and clouding it instead with the alluring nature the blonde had.

"Can't I just have a friend, guys? No, I'm not dating her." He chuckled as the four of them shared a collective look that meant she was still probably single in that case. Becoming defensive over her despite, again, having only just met a few hours ago, he stopped the idea by them getting out of hand. "But she's too interesting to date any of you so don't you dare. Amanda these are the guys: Paul, Lee, and Bobby."

She smiled and looked over to the band members. "Nice to meet you guys. By the way, you can date me all you like, don't listen to McFly here," Amanda told them for him to glare in her direction over feeding into their antics, "We're just friends after all, should be okay. . .right?"

He nodded in defeat, tucking her under his arm to send her laughing again. "Would be best friends if you weren't so intolerable."

Amanda squished his cheek to speak to him in a patronizing tone. "Nice of you to finally admit your flaws out loud, well done." The three boys laughed at this to have Marty sigh deeply beside her, sinking to his seat over now being left with four people who could mock him all-night if they wanted. "10-0 and I'm still very much in the lead."

The drive over to the underground scene Amanda had a feeling she would be growing accustomed to with McFly here soon came into view and she stepped out, shifting the door behind her as the boys grabbed their things. "You guys don't need any help?" She offered them.

"Just get out to the crowd while we set up," Marty suggested, tousling her hair a bit, "Make some friends."

"I'm 15, McFly. I don't need someone to check up on me to make sure I'm socializing."

"Especially since she's got us now," Bobby told her and shot Amanda a quick wink before Marty could catch him. He only mildly nodded to her and she smiled proudly, now adding to the score as she made her way inside.

'Course when Amanda found herself skating after this guy today, she didn't exactly expect herself to be in a rowdy mosh pit at a hard rock concert.

The night continued on this way as she made her way back to the van with the boys, laughing as there was still much to be done apparently. "It's only ten o'clock, McFly! There's this party by Paul's place and you gotta go!" Lee explained and nudged Amanda suddenly, "Amanda said she'd go, right?"

Paul, him, and Bobby soon eyed her expectantly to then subject the newest member to good old peer pressure. "Yeah! Totally!" She responded, trying to sound interested enough.

Marty then sighed deeply and rolled his eyes. "Fine, we can go. Just get in the van--"

"Well, well, well! A spring break without seeing you, McFly? Now, where's the fun in that!" Another band of boys suddenly came out of the shadows, the one in the front cocking a brow when seeing Amanda. Seeing as the others seemed to stand in his shadows led her to assume he was obviously meant to be the one in charge. "A new addition? I'd say good for you but who knows how long that'll last wit your history."

Amanda scoffed over being shoved to the side like this and stepped forward to stand in front of the group of boys she was with. "Who the hell gave you the right to be such an ass?" The members of the Pinheads looked to the seemingly innocent blonde they'd only just met speaking out with confidence in defense for herself. Having been the one to stick up for his friends in a stand-off with Needles for years now, Marty was surprised to see his newest friend do this instead. The amount of respect he had for her further surpassing what it already was.

The other group of boys in front of them, however, only laughed over her comment and grabbed one another in an overexaggerated manner. Bobby grabbed her wrist as Marty went up to confront them and Amanda turned over to him confused. "He can somewhat handle this, Amanda. You're still not used to Hill Valley," He explained to her.

"I don't have to be used to anything? I'm just sticking up for my friends and knowing what is rude and what isn't?" She turned back to Marty, watching their conversation play out before her.

"Needles is gonna say the thing and he's going to go at it you know."

"Are we stopping it this time?"

"We'll go in at the word, got it?"

Amanda looked to the three boys now having a side conversation without her and raised a brow expectantly to be included. "What word? What's Marty going to do?"

Needles gave his rival a devious grin with the knowledge of his reactionary behaviors from years of experience of dealing with him. The act was always so simple for him, but he was sickly entertained by it. "C'mon McFly, what are you? Chicken?"

"Going in!" The three of them said simultaneously and rushed to stop Marty midway from punching Needles, having him be more than frustrated now as they dragged him to the car. Amanda turned back to Needles high-fiving his friends, laughing at the sight of Marty's frustration.

"Amanda get in!" Paul called out and she did so, following along with whatever the hell just happened.

Hill Valley is something else, alright. "Guess I might've found something interesting after all."

A/N welcome to the start of the hill valley series 💘💗✨ i apologize for these chapters being so long in length but i really wanted people to have an understanding on amanda and marty's friendship prior to the events of the first film aha. much love & hope you stick around for the ride, xx
~J.S. 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 138 11
"๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜บ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ"- ๐ฌ๐š๐ง๐  ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐œ, ๐š๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐‚๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ง. ๐Œ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
19.2K 735 35
๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ท. ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜… ๐˜… ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ผ๐—ฐ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜€: ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—น/๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ [ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜...
18.6K 648 16
" ๐™ฌ๐™š'๐™ง๐™š ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™ž๐™ญ ๐™ž๐™ฉ, ๐™„ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช " ยทหš *๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ”Ž ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ( ๐Ÿฎ / ๏ฟฝ...