That Smile (Dave East Fanfict...

Av DaveIsFave

Faith and Dave both want a relationship, but aren't eager in taking that step with anyone. Faith feels she is... Mer

Introduction
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
That Smile II Is Up!

Six.

38.9K 1.3K 422
Av DaveIsFave

Faith's POV

Waking up, I want to go back to sleep. I don't have a hangover, I just feel sluggish. I don't like sleeping in all day though.

Getting up, I walk to my bathroom to pee and get ready for my shower. After washing my hands and brushing my teeth, I head back into my room to see Nyasia still sleeping. I chuckle because you can tell she had a long night.

Grabbing my phone I notice I have an Instagram notification. Unlocking my phone I see it's from Dave. My heart drops. This is crazy! He really found me. On his own! Then dm'd me!

After replying to his message, I locked my phone and went back into the bathroom for my shower. I hooked my phone up to my speaker and shuffled one of my playlists.

Once I got dressed, nothing special, leggings and a t-shirt, I traveled into the kitchen for something to eat. I decided to make Nyasia and I some frozen chicken strips and fries.

While those were cooking I sat in the living room and watched HGTV. It's Sunday so 'Beach Front Bargain Hunt' was on. That's my show. The vibration from my phone caused me to look away from the TV, seeing that Dave sent a message back.

I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything, but come on...who wouldn't be skeptical with a guy like Dave? What could he possibly want with an overweight, introverted person like myself?

He didn't respond after my message so I went back to watching TV. Ten minutes later, Nyasia came out of my room dressed and looking refreshed.

"Look who decided to join the world today," I said as I got up to get our food out of the oven. Checking our food, I took it out seeing it was done.

"Don't. It's too early for your jokes," she mugged me, taking a seat at the table. I placed the pan on top of pot holders that sat on the table so we could make our own plates.

"Oop. Well excuse me. Not my fault you went a little too hard last night." I laughed while grabbing the bbq sauce, honey mustard, ketchup, and RANCH from the fridge. I love ranch so much. I'm always having to restock.

"Dave should have been going hard on you," Nyasia mumble putting chicken tenders and fries on her plate.

"Girl what? That is absolutely inappropriate. I am not on that type of time with that man. Speaking of him though...he dm'd me early this morning." I shyly smirked and looked down. I'm actually very flattered that he took the time to reach out to me. I've always had a crush on him, but I never knew I'd ever meet him let alone have a whole conversation with him.

"He what?! Let me see!" Nyasia jumped up and rushed me to show her. Once she read our little thread she gave me my phone back, sat down in her seat, and smiled at me. "This could be it sister. This could go somewhere. You definitely showed your sarcasm and bluntness through the conversation though." She shook her head.

"What?" I laughed. "I think I was just being myself. If homeboy feels some type of way about my tone during our social media exchange then my mans don't need to interact with me in person." I shrugged.

"I hear you, but I want you to be open minded. Don't close the door before you even get a chance to open it. Just-just give it a chance." She said getting serious.

"If this is about to turn into the relationship conversation, then I'm good cuz, enjoy" I said sitting down giving her a water along with myself and diving into my food. This tastes so good to me. Mm mm mm.

"I just want you to be happy sister. That's all." She said beginning to eat.

I get what she's saying. I get it, but I am happy. I'm flourishing in life. I'm blessed. I have no complaints. If Dave is someone that is supposed to be in my life then he will. As of right now, I'm chillin.

Dave's POV

After texting back and forth with Faith I got up to start my day. Getting dressed, I made my way downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen making brunch.

"Hey ma," I said kissing her on the cheek.

"Hey David. Rough night?" She asked starting to plate food. I was right on time.

"Nah. I was coolin last night. Why you ask?"

"No reason. Just wondering. You hungry? Never mind. I don't know why asked that. Here," she said handing me a plate with steak, garlic roasted potatoes, and eggs.

"Good eats! Thank you mama." I traveled back into my room and began to watch something on TV. Kairi is with her moms today so I'll be chillin all day.

Picking up my phone, I decided to respond back to Faith. I wasn't a fan of her assuming what kind of person I was because of my status in the game. I get where she's coming from. I just want her to know I'm interested in, at least, a friendship. She gives off good vibes.

After texting with Faith. I went back to focusing on my food. Shit was hittin. For the rest of the day I chilled. I tend to chill on Sunday's since I work nonstop during the week.
—————
Right now it's about 2 in the morning and I'm in a nearby Walgreens. Not gone hold ju, I got hungry. I wanted a lil snack. While looking for a snack, I saw a whole meal. Faith. L.A. small as fuck. I decided to go and talk to her.

"Whatchu doing out this late?" I asked her, kind of startling her.

"Brotha. You can't be doing that. You scared the crap out of me," she said calming down. "And don't worry about why I'm out this late. I'm grown." She said playfully.

"Okay ma. My bad," I said putting my hands up as if I was scared of her short ass. "You don't even have to answer. I see what's in your hand so I know why you out here." I stated pointing to the box of tampons in her hand.

"Aye don't broadcast my business out there like that," she said as if she was embarrassed and tried to put the box out of sight. "What are you doing out here? All dressed up at that."

"I'm not dressed up. This is very simple." I looked down at my basic red tracksuit and white sneakers. "And I got hungry. So I came out to get me a few snacks." I shrugged.

"The chains? With the watch and ring? All that was necessary for a snack run?" She stepped back, smirking.

"When you a clean mufucka like myself you gotta stay on ya game. Can't let these niggas catch me slackin." I shrugged and smirked.

"Yeah aight. I hope you got Kairi a snack as well." She giggled. Man that laugh. That smile. "Ew did I just giggle. That is not it." She laughed, shaking her head.

"I like your giggle. It's cute. So is your smile." She looked down and blushed. "And Kairi is with her moms tonight. Well right now. I pick her up later on today."

"Oh okay. You two created a beautiful little girl. For real."

"Thank you." It kind of got quiet for a second. I scratched the back of my neck, putting my other hand in my pocket. "Did you get everything you needed out of here?"

"I didn't even get my snacks, talking with you," she chuckled.

"Me neither. Come on." I turned to walk out of this aisle to another.

"Come on what? You bout to buy my things?" She asked slyly.

"Yeah come on. Whatever you want."

"Oop. You ain't got to tell me twice. You. Ain't. Got to. Tell. Me. Twice." She said speed walking out of this aisle down another. I laughed and followed behind her.

10 minutes later we were walking towards the register with a basket full of snacks. "Is this all?" The cashier asked.

"Yes ma'am" I said, looking at the price of everything as she rung up our items.

"You two are so cute together," she smiled looking between the two of us. The lady was no younger than 50.

"Oh nah. Me and this negr-" I cut Faith off.

"Preciate it. My baby was cramping so we had to come out and get a few things," I said standing behind her, rubbing her stomach. The cashier just smiled and gave me my total. I looked down at Faith to see she had an amused look of shock on her face.

After paying we went outside. Putting her bags in the back of her car, I closed the door and looked down at her standing in front of the driver door.

"You're funny," she said still amused. "You are one funny guy."

"How am I funny? She called us a cute couple. I agree with her." I shrugged, smiling down at her. She looked down with her arms folded from the breeze.

"If we were together-" I cut her off again.

"WHEN we are together." I corrected her.

"Alright now. We not gone keep interrupting me." She mugged me. "As I was saying, IF we were together you'd be coming out to a Walgreens by yourself to get my feminine products. You know, since I'd be in pain. It would only be right." She shrugged and smiled. That smile.

"You right and I would do it willingly." I said stepping closer to her. I looked down at her and just admired her natural beauty.

We began to have a stare down. I guess trying to figure out what the other was thinking. She then cleared her throat and looked down.

"Okay well I'm about to get out of here. Thanks again for the snacks and stuff." She shyly said softly, as if she was nervous.

"No problem ma." I said pulling her into a hug, with my arms wrapped around her neck, with hers around my torso. "Shoot me a text telling me you got home. Matter of fact. Gimme your phone." I said pulling away from the hug. It's time we have each other's number. After exchanging numbers, we said bye one more time and went our separate ways.

Once I got home, I went to my room to watch TV and eat my snacks until I got tired. Hearing my phone vibrate, I see Faith texted me like I requested of her.

After our short exchange, I put my phone on charge and continued chillin for a little bit. Turning off the TV I laid on my back and began thinking about Faith. She's really cool and I can see us blossoming into something. Tonight was a good night.

~~~~~~~
I'm trying to continue to update. It's homecoming week and I go home Thursday so hopefully I'll have another chapter up later on this week.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

106K 3.7K 26
As the girlfriend of rap icon Daveed Diggs, things aren't exactly easy for you. Keeping up a good image while living your life takes a toll on you, e...
Change of Plans Av Elle

Allmän skönlitteratur

47.7K 2.1K 27
Dave is breaking away the chains that have been holding him back and stealing his youth. He is on the path of redemption. He meets people along his j...
1M 42.6K 84
It's been six years since Dave and Faith ended their relationship. Will they ever get back on the same page? Will they both have that smile in the en...
197K 5.8K 24
Lani meets Dave East, a guy who changes her whole life and saves her from herself. *Warning: Sexual Content* *Photos included* *Written in first per...