The Mafia's Nanny

由 mindsets

A love story about the peace that can be found in our darkest moments, and the people that can help us find i... 更多

Author's Note
Epilogue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
THANK YOU

Chapter 40

34.9K 909 169
由 mindsets

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I have been super busy with school recently so I didn't really get the chance to update BUT here it is.
Happy reading :)

~~

Eva

I could feel my whole body weaken against the concrete as I tried to sleep away the pain. My tears had dried out and my cries had learnt to become silent in the empty room that I'd known for the past two weeks.

I'd almost forgotten the sound of his voice. I'd almost forgotten the warmth of his love. I hadn't seen him in two weeks yet it felt like I hadn't seen him in years.

I wanted him more than anything.

More than the food that my stomach lacked. More than the water that I hadn't tasted in hours. More than anybody I'd ever lost before.... he was what I wanted.

My father had kept me inside this hollow room the whole time I had been here. Where was I? That question still hadn't been answered. All I knew was that nobody could reach me nor could they hear my cries. I'd learnt that the hard way; screaming for someone at night yet receiving no answers.

And not just anybody. I screamed for him. Screamed for Alessandro to rescue me.

My father had been treating me harshly. I'd only received one meal every day and I'd endured beatings from him over trivial things. He was making my life some kind of living Hell. Reminding me of my mother every single day... drawing tears from my eyes.

My hope was fading with every moment that withered by.

And I was waiting for the day that everything just stopped.

Just when I was about to fall asleep — the door swung open and slammed against the wall. My eyes shot open and my body turned to face my father. He looked angry as his tall figure towered over me, his eyes burning into my sensitive body on the floor.

"Stand up." He ordered harshly.

I hesitated and that led to his large hands grabbing my arms and forcing my body off the ground. A yelp escaped from my mouth as my body was stretched painfully until my feet landed on the floor.

My father dragged me out of the room and I was met with daylight shining through the gaps of the blinds. I hadn't been allowed out of that empty room since I'd been here. The room looked like some kind of basement and my eyes shifted around for some kind of escape. But his cold voice stopped my thoughts.

"Run and I'll catch you." He warned me coldly. The hopeful thoughts that were previously surfacing in my head, vanished immediately and I kept my eyes away from his.

Everything happened quickly and before I could process my surroundings, I was being thrown into some kind of vehicle.

My eyes were blurry and heavy with tiredness but I recognised the vehicle as some kind of large Jeep. The windows were completely black to prevent me from seeing my surroundings. My father eventually climbed into the front of the car and started the car without uttering a single word to me.

The journey was silent and cold. The bumps of the road were rough and I felt my body jolt in agony each time the vehicle shook. But my father didn't care of my condition; he kept silent and kept driving.

Possibilities swirled around my head.

Was he going to take me somewhere and kill me for good?

I couldn't just die like this. This couldn't be the end. Surely.

But I didn't dare to speak. All I could do was wait. Wait for my fate. Wait with quivering limbs. Whilst my father drove with anger in his expression like always.

Eventually we bumped until our destination — when the car came to an abrupt stop and caused the leather belt to strain against my chest and make me yelp out. My father didn't hesitate to climb out of the car and drag me with him. Though my sight was blurry, I could see my surroundings.

I was facing a large building. It looked familiar but my sight was disoriented. As my father dragged me closer towards the building — I recognised it immediately.

Antonio's Estate.

My heart began to accelerate. Maybe Alessandro was inside there.... maybe I was being taken to him after being away from him for so long. Or maybe they were going to torture me... all these thoughts surfaced but none of them were confirmed until I was stood inside the Estate.

Maids passed by with familiar faces, their eyes widening at the sight of me. I'd never been close to any of the maids except Ethel. But their concern for me was still present and I could also see the worry in their orbs as they noticed my state.

I looked around for Ethel. But she was nowhere to be seen...

"Don't say a word," My father ordered with his strong hands grabbing my arm and dragging me along the Estate. My eyes went everywhere as I took in the surroundings. That was until darkness filled my sight as my father brought me behind some kind of building.

Where was he taking me? That was the question I desperately wanted to know. But every single bone in my body resisted the urge to speak — fearing the consequences if I disobeyed him. My bruises were examples of how my father responded to things that he disliked.

He beat them.

He beat himself to the point of no return. He beat my mother to the point of her death. And I was sure that if I lived with him much longer... he would beat me to my death also.

Violence was the only language that he spoke. And that was my forever downfall.

He pushed a heavy door open and shoved me inside the building. I was nearly left to collapse on the floor but he saved my fall just in time. When the lights were switched on — I was faced with multiple men. They looked dangerous.

My skin crawled under their penetrating gazes.

I recognised Antonio and Alberto. But the other men were unfamiliar.

"This is her?" One of them spoke in a mocking tone. It made my heart sink to the depths of my stomach. I knew that I looked like a complete mess. Bruises were scattered all over my face and I'd barely been given the necessity to wash.

An eruption of laughter from the men in the room caused my heart to stutter. Fear ran through my veins as I acknowledged their lack of care towards me; I was just an animal in their eyes.

"I know," My father scoffed with his eyes briefly moving around my face and then darting back towards the men. "No daughter of mine."

I'd gotten used to holding back my tears. I'd gotten used to being insecure and weak... but spending time with Alessandro had made me feel differently for once. And it had made me more vulnerable to my insecurities.

I'd gotten used to happiness. The sorrow I felt before, tasted bitter on the tip of my tongue... more bitter than it did before I met Alessandro.

The men circled around me and their eyes took in my body. The worst case scenario surfaced in my head and I felt my chest tighten and my eyes begin to form droplets that refused to roll down my cheeks. I couldn't allow them to see through my weakness; they'd take advantage of me completely.

So I just stood there with my eyes cowered down to the concrete. Trying to conceal my fear and praying that everything just ends before I can process the aching in my heart.

"Are you missing Alessandro?" Antonio spoke from behind me, his voice causing chills to race down my spine.

I felt my heart stutter in my chest and I swallowed down the lump that had formed in my throat. Refusing to answer him — I remained in my position and kept my eyes away from his.

That's when I felt his strong hold on my arm, dragging one single yelp from my mouth. "Answer me when I speak," He growled in my face. Similar to how a rabid dog would growl. It caused my whole body to become tense with pure fear. I quivered and my eyes moved around the room at the multiple men looking at me hungrily.

Danger ran through my veins and I mentally prepared myself for the worst.

"Y-Yes..." I cried silently. More than I had ever missed anyone in my life. In that moment, with men that were hungry for my pain, I felt that I needed Alessandro.

I needed the comfort that only he could give me.

The men walked closer and my father placed both hands on my shoulders. His touch was gentle and for one split second — I was sure that he was going to speak kind words, with loving eyes. But I was wrong.

After a few delusional moments, I felt his hands push hard down, causing my body to collapse on the floor in one heap.

"Stay here." My father spat down at me before walking out of the room with the men following. Darkness soon filled the surroundings but relief surfaced in my heart. They'd left me alone.

For now.

Alessandro

My head was pounding relentlessly. The room was pungent with the scent of piss and blood and I had to resist the urge to gag each time I inhaled too much of a breath. The wounds on my face varied from mild to immensely severe and I could barely open my eyes due to how swollen they were.

My life had been Hell for the past two weeks. I'd been treated as though I was an animal. Beaten and bruised to the point where I was uncertain whether I'd survive another day. My weak body was slowly giving up. But my head and my heart were filled with energy.

They wanted freedom.

They wanted her.

And they fought everyday to stay alive.

I'd been strapped to the same chair for two weeks. The discomfort of my bones was beyond explanation.

As my eyelashes fluttered to stay open — I felt my sleepy state switching itself.

I'd been sleep-deprived for days. My pain and position made it difficult for me to rest peacefully.

I looked around and noticed that the dark room was empty. The time was unknown; there was only one window and that barely gave me any clue as to how much light was outside. Each day was a waiting game. I'd sit in the room and wait for Antonio's daily visit. The visits were Hell but they were far more interesting than my boredom.

My boredom was driving me insane. I could feel my own company becoming my downfall.

As I shuffled in the chair, I began to hear faint footsteps coming from outside. A part of me was relieved but another part was terrified to the bone. I could feel my chest heaving and my heart pounding with expectancy.

The door slammed open and Antonio stood with the usual men following behind him.

I could barely see due to my swollen eyes but I could notice their smirks. They were evil and satanic. Ready to attack at any given moment.

All I could do was watch them expectantly. I prepared myself for the worst and hoped for the best.

Antonio walked over to me and began to fiddle with the ropes that were binding me to the chair. My head tried its best to turn towards him but my neck was in agony; I could barely move.

"Get up," He instructed with the ropes in his hands. He knew that I wouldn't get up and try to attack; my state made it impossible for me to even defend myself.

My body told me that I couldn't move but I knew that Antonio wouldn't take that as an answer. So I tried my best to lift my weakened body off the chair. Antonio and his men just watched me with amusement on their faces, humiliating my state before I eventually got on my two feet.

They brought me outside of the room for the first time in two weeks and I noticed that I was on some kind of complex. And as I walked around more — I realised it was Antonio's Estate.

My eyes were barely able to take in my surroundings but I recognised a few buildings from when I'd spied and tried to attack. Antonio's men were dragging me along the thick dirt and grass land. I felt my feet burning after not moving across the outside world in so long. My whole body ached and all I wanted to do was sleep away the agony. Rest my bones, though I knew that possibility was unlikely as long as I was here.

Thoughts of Arianna formed in my mind as I walked. Her sweet heart was probably confused — wherever she may be. I prayed that she was safe and sound, and that whoever was comforting her, knew the right things to say. To never see my baby-girl ever again, would surely kill me before anything else could.

I had no idea where my men, Rosie, Gabriel or Leah were. My family. Arianna, Eva, Rosie, my men, Gabriel and Leah... these were all my family. The people that I was supposed to protect and cherish forever. But instead — I am bloody and bruised, being dragged willingly through a field by men that I could have sworn I'd never let defeat me.

I wondered whether they'd ever able to forgive me for letting them down. I wondered whether Eva and Arianna could ever look up to me to protect them ever again. I wondered whether my men and Gabriel would ever be able to look at me with pride. Or whether they would see a weak man... someone that wasn't able to protect himself or his family.

My parents....

My sweet mother and father were gone forever. Because of me. Everything was my fault.

Hatred burned inside of me.

I wanted to scream but my throat was burning. I wanted to cry for my people but the tears wouldn't come from my swollen eyes. I wanted to fight.... damn, I wanted to fight like Hell... but I simply couldn't.

It felt as though we'd been walking for hours. My legs were aching and my feet were giving up on me.

"Just here," Antonio suddenly told one of his men. Relief surfaced inside of me but also confusion. As I tried my best to look forward, I noticed a tiny shed.

Were they going to torture me more brutally? Were they going to murder me for good? Were they going to keep me there? All the worst possibilities formed like broken images in my mind. And suddenly I was thrashing and trying to get away from the situation. But Antonio gripped me tighter and everything happened in slow-motion as I was thrown inside the shed.

My ears rung and I shut my eyes tightly to conceal the pain. My already-weak body had been slammed to the concrete of the shed and the agony was excruciating. Everything around me was blocked out as the agony raced through my veins.

It took me a few seconds to regain my normal functions.

And when I did — I could have sworn my head was deceiving me.

Because a small voice coming from infront of me made my heart stop all at once.

"Alessandro..."

My swollen eyes blinked and tried to open as far as they could.

Chocolate brown hair that was matted and messy. An olive complexion that was clear in the shadowy room. Lips that were quivering. And sparkling eyes...

It couldn't be her. I had to be hallucinating.

I blinked a few times and she was still there.

My sweet Eva was really here.

"Eva..." I croaked out with my voice painfully hoarse.

I went to reach for my angel. I went to hold her and whisper in her ear. I went to have her in my arms again....

But our worlds were both torn apart.

Quickly.

Mercilessly.

~

Cliffhanger queen (;
Again I apologise for the wait but I hope you liked this chapter. Let me know what you think happened before they could hold one another.
Until next time, my lovelies <3

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.6M 96.9K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
693K 40.3K 35
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. °•°•°•°•° "Junoon ba...
1.1M 27.7K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
2.9M 190K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...