THE MAFIA'S PRINCESS

Af ThelmaAkosa

"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pa... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 (THE WEDDING)
EPILOGUE
A/N

Chapter 35

50.1K 1.5K 57
Af ThelmaAkosa

AVATIA'S POV

I slowly peeked one eye open, then the other. I couldn't sit upright. My neck hurt so much. Memories of last night flashed in my mind. I started panicking. Where am I? I noticed that someone was sitting on the bed I was lying on. Probably Mr. De Luca. Oh my, I hurriedly sat up and relief washed over me when I realized I was in my room. Good grief. I looked to my right and saw him staring at me. He usually had an unreadable expression but what I saw in his eyes, was pure sadness and regret. How did I get out of that place alive? How did he save me with a broken arm? I looked at his arm and realized he'd taken the bandage off. Stubborn guy. But that was the least of my worries. My neck hurt so much. Three days ago, he strangled me and just last evening, that Russian monster did the same. What was up with this mafia men and my neck? I couldn't even turn properly.

"You're awake, finally." His husky voice was so calm. He had an ointment in his palms. "Lie down for a minute." He said and I did just that. He then squeezed some of the ointment onto his fingers and gently massaged my neck. Mmmhhh. He had amazing fingers. He massaged my neck for about five minutes before stopping and I felt a little better.

I tried moving my neck a little. "Thanks for saving me."

He gave me a small smile before taking a teacup, which I hadn't noticed before, and handing it to me. "What's this?"

He shook his head in amusement. "You'll never stop asking me questions, will you? Anyways, it's green tea from Mexico. It's gonna help you get better in an hour's time. Now drink it." He ordered.

Always so bossy. I rolled my eyes and brought the cup to my lips, immediately I tasted the liquid, I gagged.  What in the world? It was disgusting. "What's this? I can't drink it. It taste like poison."

"Hey, don't start again. Drink it. Now." He stated firmly.

I closed my eyes and groaned. "No. It's too bitter. Can't you add some sugar and caramel in it?"

He shook his head. "That's a rare tea. You have to drink it like that if you want to get better. Start drinking it or I'll force you. Do you think you can just add sugar like you did to my coffee months ago?"

Urgghh! Why does he have to be so annoying and remind me of the worst mistake I ever made that put me in this horrible mess. I closed my eyes and brought the cup to my mouth but pulled it back again.

"Avatia Kim." He said in a dangerously low tone. "Drink. Now!"

I groaned and without thinking,  drank the hot liquid. Thank God the cup wasn't full. When I pulled the cup away, I gagged and this time, I almost threw up. What did those Mexicans put in it?

"Don't even think of throwing up. Just be a good girl and sleep for one more hour." He said gently this time.

"But I don't want to sleep again." I whined like a kid.

I could tell he wasn't used to having someone go against him. "Avatia....."

The way he prolonged my name in frustration scared me. "Fine. I'll sleep. But don't think I'm sleeping because of you, I just suddenly feel sleepy."

Girl! You can't even give out a smooth lie!

I saw him smirk a little. "Yeah right. Now sleep." He said as he gently smoothened my hair. Ahh... I always loved it when people touched my hair, it just felt nice and made me drowsy. And now, knowing it was my ever so hot boss doing it, and with the help of his sweet intoxicating smell, I didn't know when I fell asleep.

I got up a few hours later because I really felt hungry. This time, I sat up without feeling any pain. That disgusting tea really helped me. I quickly rushed to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and took a shower. I wore my pink jumpsuit and tied my hair in a messy bun. I then made my way downstairs, straight to the kitchen. It was empty. Where's Ana? I walked to the fridge and saw a sticky note pasted on it. 

Today's my day off, but I dropped by earlier to make the meals for the day. Your breakfast is in themicrowave and there's lunch and supper in the fridge.  Ana

I smiled as I looked at her funny penmanship. I opened the fridge and got out a bottle of apple juice. One thing I loved about Ana is that she always made sure the fridge was full of organic food and drinks. I then took my meal from the microwave and started feasting. The house felt unusually lonely today. Where was he? When I was done eating, I washed my plate and went to the sitting room to watch a movie. There was just one channel and it showed movies. I couldn't even watch the news, not like I liked watching news, but still, it's important. I soon got bored of the movie and decided to look for him. Ask me why I want to see the man who endangered my life. I don't even know. I took the bold step of going to his room and after knocking for a long time, I gave up and opened the door. Just as expected. The room was neat and everything was in order. Mr. neat freak. Nothing was placed carelessly. He wasn't in it so I stepped out and looked at the other rooms, not there either.

Maybe he's not at home, or maybe he's in 'her' room. I gulped, remembering the last time I went there, my hand automatically went to my neck. After a long debate in my mind, I walked, ever so slowly, towards her room. The door was slightly open and I saw him, sitting on the floor, his back was facing me and his shoulders were slouched. I stood there, staring at him for about five minutes or so. I better leave before he turns and sees me. I don't want a recap of last time. The feeling of monachopsis.

I quietly turned and was ready to tiptoe away. "Come." I heard him say sotto voce and froze.

I shut my eyes tightly. Oh my God, he knew I was watching him. I turned back, shivering in fear. "Uhh....you said?"

"Come." He repeated calmly.

Oh boy, I'm dead meat. "I'm so sorry Mr. Black. I was....umm....I was just passing, I didn't intend to stare at you. Please don't be mad."

He still didn't turn to face me. I heard him take in a deep breath. "Avatia, I said you should come. I won't hurt you, I promise. At least not again."

I gulped and slowly made my way in. The room was just so beautiful and with Nevaeh's pictures all round, it was breathtaking. The girl was drop dead gorgeous. "Whoever she is, without a doubt, she's so beautiful, just like how I imagine Angels to be." I said before I could shut up. Why do I talk so much?

"Yes. She's an Angel." Mr. Black said as if it pained him to do so. He still didn't look at me.

I scratched my forehead and made my way to where he was sitting, and sat down too. "Where's she?"

He chuckled humourlessly. "Even if God's dead to me, I want to believe she's with him. That she's in heaven." He spoke as if he was going to cry.

Oh my gosh, the girl's dead. "I'm....uhh...I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything for a few minutes and I did my best to shut up. "You may be wondering why I'm the head of the Italian mafia and I'm not wanted dead or alive by the cops. It's because of her." He finally said in a low tone. "I met her seven years ago when I came to New York for the first time. She worked at Adam's. That's why  it's the only coffee shop I go to. It was only my second day and to everyone in that city, I was a rich regular guy who drove an expensive car."

He stopped and looked at the portrait before him. It was the one in which Nevaeh was pregnant. "I went to that coffee shop just to know how things functioned in the city, before I could execute my plans. Out of nowhere, this cute blonde showed up. For the first time in my life, I was speechless. I had seen so many beautiful girls round the world. But hers was special. How could someone be so beautiful? Her blue eyes knocked the breath out of me. To me, no one could compete with her beauty." This time, he had a proud smile on his face.

I didn't want to talk since it was going to distract him.

"She introduced herself to me and asked for my orders. It was like she had broken my brain, I told her to get me anything. She smiled and walked away, returning with a cup of caramel flavoured coffee and croissant. I left a huge tip for her. That's what brought me back to the shop every other morning. We became friends and when I gave her huge tips, she'll decline politely. She wasn't like the materialistic bitches I was used to. No. She was my sweet little naïve girl. Not from a wealthy family but had a heart of pure gold." If I wasn't wrong, I think I heard his voice crack a little and he sniffed.

I quickly turned to face him and my heart broke,  just looking at him. Before me was the guy I knew was stronger than anyone else, yet he was shedding tears for a dead girl. What did this Nevaeh do to him?

__________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Love,
Thelma❤️

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

494K 17.8K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
1M 27.5K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
8.5M 249K 68
Valentina Matrix sold her virginity to the highest bidder. "She's twenty four and she's never been touched" the announcer yelled to the crowd out men...
625K 11.9K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...