My Happily Ever After

By geeem27

#14 in Reality as of October 20, 2018 #3 in Love Story as of November 26, 2018 #19 in Husband and Wife as of... More

Prologue
1 - Today
2 - Arranged
3 - I Do
4 - Welcome to New York
5 - Hate
6 - The Promise
7 - Sorry
9 - Emergency
10 - Disappointment
11 - Flashback and Moments
12 - Old Friends
13 - Trust Issues
14 - Things I Don't Know
15 - Thank You
16 - Misunderstandings
17 - Love and Hate
18 - Lies Are Poison
19 - Getting Even
20 - My Wife
21 - Together Again?
22 - Tired and Sick
23 - He's Changed
24 - Too Late
25 - Broken
26 - The Truth
27 - Deep Wounds
28 - Complications
29 - Talks
30 - Healing
31 - Time
32 - You're Back
33 - Sweet Blissful Day
34 - Moments with You
35 - Forever and Always
36 - Trouble
37 - Settled
38 - Bliss
39 - New Start
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

8 - Trying Hard

138 13 0
By geeem27

Abby's POV...

I closed my eyes as I was listening to Ed Sheeran's song titled "Thinking Out Loud". I was actually waiting for Gorio at the bus station. He's coming back to spend the weekend here in the hacienda. His university is about 2-3 hrs. away from here and I was 30 minutes early. So I opted to relax as I leaned on the wall. But then, I was startled when someone kissed my cheek and when I opened my eyes, it was him. Gorio. He smiling like an addict leaning down and looking at me intently. The he cupped my face.

"Did you miss me?" he asked.

I blinked, my heart raced. Suddenly, it was hard to breathe. I stared at him for a moment. He looks absolutely handsome in his simple t-shirt and jeans. So gorgeous. I swallowed the lump on my throat and calmed myself.

"Nope." I replied afterwards and removed my headphones. "You're early."

"Yeah. I'm 30 minutes early because I missed you." he said and sat beside me. "I was actually here before you."

I just pouted and he slightly chuckled. "And you didn't inform me?"

"Nope." he said imitating my voice. "I like watching you."

"Whatever." I blurted out and crossed my arms as I looked at him.

"Fine. Sorry." He pinched my cheeks and asked, "So where do you plan to go?"

"Anywhere." I replied and finally smiled. "Surprise me."

"Sure, princess." he said and winked before excitedly going to the ticket booth.

I unconsciously smiled while looking at him. He looks so happy as he waved the tickets while walking towards me.

"So? Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." he said and grabbed my hands as we went to our surprise destination.

***

"Where are we?" I asked again.

"Somewhere special." he answered and held my hand tightly.

I was getting a little bit nervous as we continued walking uphill.

"This isn't some kind of prank, right?" I asked nervously as I finally saw that we're heading to a cemetery.

He chuckled again but didn't let go of my hand. "Yes, princess. It's a cemetery."

"Why are you bringing me here?" I asked.

"You'll see." he answered again.

I don't like going to cemeteries. I am absolutely a scaredy-cat. So, I removed my hand from his and hooked both of my arms in his arms. I was nervous.

"Don't be scared, princess. I'm here." he said softly. "And we're almost there."

We continued our walk and then after 5 minutes of silence, we stopped. I looked at him and he smiled warmly. I then looked down and saw where we stopped. The tombstones read,

"Maria Fatima D. Salvador"

&

"Gregorio A. Salvador, Sr."

I gasped and looked at him again. I saw his eyes are a little bit misty when he tried so hard to smile at me.

"Your parents." I said ever so softly and he just nodded.

"I told you that I'll let you meet them one day." he said. "So here we are."

I just stayed silent as he opened his backpack and brought out paper flowers. "I never thought that they're gone. I mean, I didn't know that are an orphan."

He smiled bitterly. "My dad died because of heart attack when I was 12 years old and my mom didn't take it that well. She got so depressed to the point of ignoring me, her child. We're just poor and got no money, so my mom was left untreated. And one day, when it was my father's birthday, she took her own life."

"Oh." I gasped. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay now. It was devastating and painful but I'm okay." he said and I automatically embraced him. I wanted to take his pain away. "You know, after her death, I was placed in an orphanage. And because of my age, they just passed me on different foster homes. Those families who took just used me to get the government allowance allotted for me. All of them just used me for their own benefits. And so when I turned 18, I started to live my own life. Finally, I am of legal age to do so. Until I met your grandfather and he gave me the job. And then I met you."

Then Gorio tucked in the loose strands of my hair into my ear. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. The real best thing."

I cried after hearing that. I didn't know that he's life has been that tough. And that he was used by so many people in the past. And now...now...now...

I am also using him.

"Please don't cry." he said and wiped my tears. He kissed my forehead and cupped my face. He smiled warmly.

"Sorry." I blurted out softly and he just chuckled.

"Hey, Mom, Dad, I brought you guys your favorite flowers. As you can see, I am doing well. Sorry if I only visited you now. I am studying in a university quite far from here so I can only visit you from time to time." he said as he placed the paper flowers on top of the marble tombstones. He touched it softly and sighed. "I miss you both so much."

Then as he knelt down, I saw his shoulders shook and I knew that he was already crying. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he wept. When he calmed down, he looked at me and kissed my hand. He looked at me for a long time.

"Mom, Dad, remember when I told you one day I'll bring my future wife to meet you? Here she is." he said and smiled at me.

Wife?

Then Gorio motioned me to speak as well.

"Hi. My name is Abigail Luiz. Pleasure to meet you." I said and bowed at the stones.

He chuckled. "See? Isn't she lovely?"

I slightly blushed. He kissed my forehead. "I want you both to know that I love this girl so much. And I promise to take good of her. And whatever may happen, I promise that I will never let her go."

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I heard those words and my heart flattered.

"I love you so much, Abby."

***

I woke up feeling a little bit sore. It's been a month now since I started sleeping in this couch but until today, my body is still not yet used to it. Maybe I should really consider buying a sofa bed. I slowly got up and immediately went to do my thing and showered. For this past month, sleeping, cleaning, cooking, watching and reading books has been my routine. Sometimes, I also go out but would go back home right away. I don't like staying outside that much anymore. When I get bored, I'd just call my Pop and bother him all day long. If not Pop, Emz. They would always wonder why I got so many time bothering them and started to question if my husband's treating me well. But I can't tell them the truth. That Gorio hates me. He loathes me. So, I cut the time when I call them just to make it not so obvious.

However, still, I decided to try and make this marriage work. Even if he obviously hates me, I did my best. He may not love me back but it's okay as long as he forgives me. So every time, I would try to talk to him and send him messages even if I receive no response. He just said not to call him but he did not say that I cannot send text messages. As his wife, I also started to prepare the clothes he will be wearing for the day. At first, he didn't want to but he did not say anything in the end so I just kept doing it. I also fixed the clothes he'll be using after his shower in the evening. Even fixing his towels and all. Every day, I would even go to his office during his lunch break to change the flowers in it and give him some lemon water.

Yet, nothing new happened with my stay here. Gorio, still, completely ignores me, going to business trips from time to time. Sometimes, he'll be gone for a day or two or three. However, now, it's been a week since I last saw him. And he never even bothered to call me. I mean, I know he said that I was supposed to just ignore him as well and pretend that I don't exist. But that doesn't change the fact that I still care for him. So every time, I would worry about him. I sent him messages, nonstop. And I'd often call his assistant, Peter, just to check on him and make sure he's eating well and doing okay. For the past month, when he's in his office here in New York, I'd always bring him packed lunch and asked Peter never to tell him it was from me. So Peter said it was made by a simple business who delivers home-cooked foods. Every day, he would order my food then. I was happy, at least he likes my cooking. Fast forward, Peter said he'll be home today. It'll be a very tiring day for me. His penthouse is a lot to handle but I can do this. And so I started cleaning after I ate my breakfast.

***

"H-hi." I greeted excitedly as I ran to hug him. I got so carried away that I forgot about ignoring him. Then with raised brows, he entered the house.

He just looked at me for a moment and didn't greet me back. His things were already brought by Peter and some guys an hour early. So he was just holding his black attaché case.

"Have you eaten?" I ask hesitantly as I slowly walk towards him.

He just walked passed me and directly went to the staircase.

"I'll just reheat some food in the kitchen just in case you feel hungry later." I blurted out, loud enough for him to hear...

Of course he just ignored me and just slammed the door as he entered our room.

***

I sighed when he didn't even bother to taste the food I prepared for him. But, what's new? So I just shrugged my shoulders and threw the food. I fixed everything in the kitchen and went to our room. Gorio just took at least two hours' nap and went out. I didn't even know where he went. I checked the time and it was only 6 pm so I prepared myself and decided to eat outside and maybe walk around the park after.

I was looking at some clothes in a boutique inside the mall when I bumped into someone. I was about to fall and so I closed my eyes tightly when I felt a strong arm encircled my waist and stabilized me.

"Gail?" a husky voice called out.

"Huh?" I blurted out as I slowly opened my eyes and saw a very familiar face.

"Gail." he said and chuckled as he helped me stand straight. "It's you."

"Huh?" I uttered, completely out of my trance. Then he helped me stand straight.

"It's me." he said and his hands held on my shoulders. He leaned down a little do I can see his face. "You don't remember?"

Then it hit me. It's him. The guy who I thought was the one for me.

Anthony.

"You." I blurted out, surprised, and he just laughed.

"You seem to not like the fact that you recognized me." he said.

"Oh, it's not like that. I was just, ugh, surprised. That's all."

He smiled widely and hugged me. "I missed you, cupcake."

I stiffened since everything is happening so fast and my mind is still catching up. He released me after the quick hug and raffled my hair.

"How are you?"

I looked at him, stared at him intently and the way he looks at me is still the same. He has only looked at me like a little sister. I only misinterpreted everything before. He really never had feelings for me more than a sister.

"You okay?" he asked with raised brows.

"Yeah." I said and looked down. "You?"

"Good. I'm glad to see you." he said and smiled.

The smile that I have always liked before. Back in those crazy days when I was still a spoiled brat. Those days when I wanted him so badly because he's the only one who don't like me like I like him.

"Anyway, as much as I wanted to catch up with you, cupcake...I actually have an appointment with someone..." he said and pulled out a card and hand it to me. "Call me tomorrow, I would love to have a coffee with you. Just like the old times."

Then he winked at me and waved his hand before disappearing in the mall's side wing. I let out a sigh and look at the card.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to come out and drink coffee with a friend, right?

Then I placed his card on my purse and decided to go to the cafe where I can enjoy a simple pasta for dinner.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.6K 66
52 CHAPTERS. (COMPLETED) Savannah Isabelle Romano is a 25 year old doctor who spent her entire life being abused emotionally, mentally and physically...
204K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
71K 5.6K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...