I Hated Her || JenLisa

By BlackPhony

For some reason she hated the girl with every being despite being in the same girl group. How will they cope... More

Who Are You?
New Girl in Town
Australian Chipmunk
Closeness
Truth
Nothing New
Your Plans and Mine
Vulnerable at Some Point
Characters
Turn of Events
Catch Up
Never Easy
It's a Date
Second Date
I am Home
Baby
Broken Record
Sacrifices
Stop Hurting Yourself
Reassurance
To the both of us
Varying Hearts
Make it Through
We're all at Lost
Slips on Dry Floor
Addicted to Torture
Should I Break it Even?
What I Can Do
Out of the Cage
Holding On
Wrong Encounters
Guilty Pictures
Bottled Frustrations
Important Advices
Where Did We Go Wrong
Unsure
Duke it Out
Last Goodbye
Finding Nemo
Encounter
Orion
Behind the Story

You're my Comfort

27.8K 825 366
By BlackPhony

Lisa

After a few more days we went back to Korea, going in separate ways. I wasn't sure what was on her mind in the last day, as I took her to the temple. She stayed silent, her thoughts afloat.

I could only guess that she was either thinking about the kiss or her mother.

It had now come to me that there must be something wrong with Jennie and her family. If I think about it, I have never seen her spend time with her family, she usually just stays inside her room or play with Jisoo Unnie.

For the years I have known her, this was the only time I truly met her mother.

Now my growing curiosity for the girl I fell in love with had surmount.

"Lisa," Chaeng waves her hand in front of me, breaking my line of thoughts.

"Uh yes?" I smile at her. We were inside her room, she picks a phonograph record from her shelf and plays it in her vinyl player. I love spending quality time with my best friend, but my heart is somewhere else, too preoccupied with Jennie Kim.

I had thought I had somewhat progressed but Jennie treats me just as before. She doesn't laugh at my silly jokes and gestures, nor does she talk affectionately to me.

Has she finally gotten bored and rid herself from me?

The question had me scared. "Lisa," Chaeng called again, this time she was much closer, her hands holding mine, "Are you okay?"

Turning my head to look at her, I force myself to grin widely, "Yes, yes I am." I take my hands away from hers, she frowns at the action, and the response makes me guilty.

Jennie would be mad.

But my best friend's sad puzzled expression doesn't fade away. Next thing I knew, I hugged her from the back, "Are you okay?" I throw the question back to her.

She relaxes from my hold.

I hope Jennie doesn't see this.

"It's just that.. something changed with you. Is it about Jennie unnie?"

"Of course not," I lied.

She leans the back of her head on my broad shoulder. She closes her eyes and hums happily in sync with the ballad playing inside the room.

"Chipmunk," I whispered to her ear. She stops, "Lisa."

"I'm hungry," she giggles at my joke. "Let's order food," In time with my words, the door opens and Jisoo unnie comes in with her asshole of a dog --- Dalgom.

"Yah! Lisa what are you doing again?" She comically separates me from Chaeng.

There was an emotion I couldn't decipher in her eyes before she takes me away from Rosé. It was easy to notice since it was the first time I saw that, but just as I notice it, it quickly goes away.

"Unnie why are you here?" I complain, pulling her and hugging her instead.

She bits my hand, making me let go of her.

"I wanted you to order pizza. I'm hungry," she huffs as I attacked her again, this time it was Chaeng who dragged me away from Jisoo Unnie. The whole scenario was just like that, the two teaming up to beat me.

The girly fight swerved into a wrestling match between Jisoo Unnie and I.

Chaeng sat there, laughing her ass off without so much as even helping her poor best friend.

"I'm the maknae here! Why am I getting bullied," I shouted, pinning Jisoo Unnie down.

"Don't you know?" She turns serious, "Maknaes in Korea are often treated this way."

Dropping my hands, "Really?"

She slides away from me, cackling, "Wow you totally believed that."

"Yah! Unnie!"

"I can't hear my music because of you guys! Get out of my room," Chaeng nagged, throwing her pillows at us.

Just on cue, Jennie knocks on the door. She leans her side on the door frame, her arms crossed while her brows rise. "Sometimes I think I went into the wrong group," she shakes her head, a playful smirk of her own that drove me crazy.

Sitting up, I snatch the end of my shirt that Dalgom so viciously pulled.

"Yes! Dalgom make your mother proud!" Jisoo unnie praised with both arms up.

"Unnie what's up?" Chaeng asked cheerfully.

Jennie fakes a smile on Chaeng before her eyes landed to me. "Lisa, can I talk to you for a second?" She backs off.

This was similar to a mother calling you to have that 'talk'.

Swallowing, I wipe my hands on Jisoo unnie's shirt.

"Eww Lisa!" Jisoo unnie scrunches her nose. Sticking my tongue out, I proceed to follow Jennie away from everyone else.

She locks her door after I came inside. This was the first time after that Thailand vacation that we were left alone. It was mostly because the four of us spend a lot of time preparing for our next song release.

"H-how have you been?" I awkwardly ask her, as she sits on her bed. She combs her hair back, although silly she answers, "Stressed out."

She massages her temples, a sigh escapes from her mouth. Kneeling in front of her, my knees on the cold hard floor.

"Should I get you some medicine?"

Her eyes flutter open, it took her seconds to smile at me. I missed this smile that was only for me.

"No, I'll be alright," she places her forehead against mine. "I'll be alright," she repeats, finding strength in her own words.

I love this about her. She isn't the kind of girl who's always dependent on people, unlike me. She mostly works it out for herself, but the thing I love about it is that when she knows she can't take anymore of it, she leans on certain people.

"You're alright," I chant for her.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, our breathing in sync.

"Lisa, I'll be meeting my mother today," she tells me. She raises her head and glance at me, as if asking me if she should do it.

There was nothing wrong with having to face your problems.

I gave her my biggest optimistic smile, "You'll be fine."

I may not know her story, but I'll be waiting for her. She eyes me, realizing that I understood the doubt inside of her. My Nini musters a smile, "Thank you."

We didn't take long, exiting her room and finding the other two who positioned themselves in the living room, just watching some Netflix series. Jennie leaves me to dress herself up to go to her mother's house.

Our discussion may look normal and boring to others. But it was special to me; the silent conversation made it special, my heart drumming made it special and most especially the girl made it special for me.

Maybe I am too deep in my feelings. Yet a part of me wants to know where these uncertain feelings will lead me.

My love for the girl I disliked.

Jennie

I should've brought Lisa with me.

"Jen, aren't you going out?" Uncle Jung Yoon looks back at the passenger seat, where I remained glued on.

"Are you sure Dad is not there?" I point to the average-looking house. He smiles warmly, "Yes, he's in France today. Don't worry, I'll be here waiting until you come back from your talk with your mother. I'm really happy you're doing this, Jen. I assure you it will be good for you."

"I hope so," I breathed out then step out of the black automobile.

It was a small lovely modern house, painted clean white. I have never known my mother had a house like this in South Korea, I was completely introduced to houses and beach houses that resembled that of a mansion.

My father loved spending his money, and it surely was an obvious characteristic of his that showed in all of his possessions.

"Jennie come help me," someone calls, I whisk my head to look down at my mother who was crouching at the unmaintained garden.

Mother wore a straw hat, long gloves that reached her elbow and boots. Tilting my head, I gawk in disbelief at my mother's outfit right now.

She looked similar to our gardener back in New Zealand.

Not in a million years have I ever imagined to see my mother wearing labor clothes.

"What are you doing?" I cross my arms, an amused smirk breaks out.

"Well obviously pulling out weeds."

She really is my mother, with that attitude of hers. Sighing, "I didn't come here to help you pull out weeds all day." But still, I took the extra pair of gloves and boots at the sun chair. "No, change clothes inside. Hurry," she waves me off.

"You might not remember, but I don't live here," I sarcastically pointed out.

She rolls her eyes, "My room is at the left corner near the comfort room. Just pick something from my closet, they should fit you."

My brows knotted, I do as what I was told.

What the hell am I doing here again?

Even as I complained internally, I walked inside the house with an inevitable eagerness to see the interior of it. Just as it was outside, it was quite simple, much to my surprise. It had the same white painted walls, the furnitures were nothing out of the ordinary, it was not fancy but just completely average.

The living room and the kitchen was connected, together with the dining room. The house was clean and organized but it was clear it breathed life, much more than our mansion. Heading to her room, I raise my hand just at shoulder level, my fingers tracing the walls while I fancied the pictures hanged.

There were some pictures of my childhood, I remembered the butler taking pictures of me saying he would send it to my parents so they would know I was doing fine. I thought those were all lies, but I guess not.

He really did send it.

Now I feel bad for forcing him to quit before.

The pictures were quite tragic to look at. At first I was smiling but as I pass the others, my expression drastically went to that of a withered look. Loneliness had its effect on people, and that was one thing.

Clearing my throat, I will the tears to go away as I searched her closet for clothes of my taste. It wasn't hard to scavenge as most of her outfits were similar to mine.

Taking out grey sweatpants and black baggy shirt, I changed inside the room .

Transferring my phone inside my new bottoms, my phone shakes from a message.

Lisa: Tell me if something happens to you, I'll break you out of there Nini.

Chuckling, I graze the corner of my phone on my bottom lip.

"That idiot," I whispered to myself as I head out. But just as I was about to walk out, a bark echoes from the hallway.

My body swiftly pivots and I am greeted by a white cocker spaniel who stood there and looked at me.

"Oh you found him," Mom pokes her head inside and whistles at the dog. He walks lazily to her direction, minding my presence as he sniffs curiously at a familiar scent of a friend.

Crouching, I place a hand on the dog. Of course he knew me, he was my dog. The dog my mother gave me two years ago for my birthday.

But I never really saw him except once when I secretly sneaked inside the mansion to see the little puppy.

I knew it was their bait for me to go home. I felt sorry for leaving him alone in that large house with only the house staffs there to take care of him.

But I was afraid.

Afraid of that house.

"Kai, do you still remember him?" my mother glances at me.

He was beautiful and adorable with his curly fur. Smiling, I scratched the back of his ear.

"Yes."

"I brought him here a few months ago. I pitied him, his owner never really went back and cared for him."

She was talking about me.

"I can't," those were the only words I could share. Yet she quickly understood what I meant as she slowly nods.

"I took a break from work. I only go to the company a few times a week," she informs me.

"What are you implying?"

I hear her sigh deeply, "I'll be here. You're welcome to come and check on Kai."

"Is this your way of saying sorry?" I cackled menacingly.

It was hard for a kid who grew up being mostly alone.

"It's my way of saying I'll wait."

The words hit me good, it was like a line coming from Lisa's genuine mouth. Those words had its great impact to me.

My breath hitches.

Biting my lower lip, "Let's go pull out those weeds before sun down." I stand up, my head bent low to avoid meeting her eyes.

I need my Lisa to hug me right now.

Lisa

"Hey Oppa do you know the address of Jennie's Mom?" I paced hard.

Jisoo unnie and Rosé went out today. They've been hanging out so often that I could pry them both away from each other.

"Well no but I know someone who does. Should I send his number to you?" He says over the phone.

The girl comes back after going to the comfort room. Sauntering towards our table.

"Uh yes just text it to me. Bye, oppa," I ended the call while I smile at the girl who took the seat in front of me.

She tucks a strand of her hair at the back of her ear. "Who were you calling?" She asks to break the ice.

"My manager," I shrugged as I took a sip at the chocolate milk drink I ordered. We were inside an unpopular cafe just out of town.

The both of us not wanting the public's eye to know we were meeting each other.

She smiles, "Thanks for coming here even though you have a busy schedule."

"It was my pleasure."

Her phone vibrates and she takes it out with a frown, "Looks like both our managers are checking on us today. I'm sorry but I have to take this call."

"No worries, take it."

She bows and stands up to answer it somewhere quiet.

While I tap my finger on the wooden table, I look out of the glass window.

Oppa sends me the number and I am greeted by a familiar one. It was Mr. Yoon's contact.

Raising my brow, I texted him.

Lisa: Good afternoon Mr. Yoon.

Not long he messages back.

Mr. Yoon: Good afternoon. Is this Lisa Manoban?

He must be shock to receive a text from me.

Lisa: I'm sorry for messaging you out of the blue but I heard from our manager that you know the address of Jennie's mom.

Mr. Yoon: Uh yes. Why?

Lisa: Can you send it to me if it isn't any trouble Mr. Yoon? Jennie told me she would be going there and I wanted to check on her.

Mr. Yoon: I didn't know both of you are friendly towards each other but sure. I'm actually outside of the house just waiting for Jennie Kim to be back. If you want I can pick you up and we can both wait for her.

Lisa: Really? That would be great Mr. Yoon.

I text him the address of the cafe. A smile planted on my lips but I didn't know Jennie and Mr. Yoon knew each other to the point of taking her to her Mom's home.

Tilting my head, I scratched the side of my head.

Something's just not right.

"Hey Lisa I'm sorry but I have to go. Momo is looking for me," she sighs with a smile.

I return with a polite grin, "It's a shame I was enjoying your company. Let's meet again next time."

She was about to leave but stopped midway, "Do you want a lift or something? We can drive you back to your dormitory."

I shake my head, "No need, let's not risk the papparazzi to see us since I didn't tell my manager I was meeting you. Someone else will pick me up, don't worry."

She bows again while apologizing, then I watch her leave adorably.

"Dahyun was right. She does look like a penguin when she walks," I giggle.

I stayed in the cafe enjoying the moment until a tall man with a suit walks in the door, searching for me.

Standing up, I wave at him. He smiles as soon as his eyes landed on me, "Manoban it's great to see you again."

"We haven't been bumping to each other these past few weeks," I tell Mr. Yoon, who opened the door of the car for me.

Thanking him, I slipped inside. He turns to the other direction and goes to the driver's seat, starting the car.

"Yes. You've been busy and I've been busy with Paris."

"Mr. Yoon if I may ask, what's your relationship with Jennie?" I wasn't talking about romantic but more of something else.

The curiosity had gotten the best of my lips. He goes silent for a few minutes, just driving.

"I'm her Uncle. A brother of her Mom," he averts his gaze.

Oh.

I didn't know.

We stayed awkward until we reached a cute neighborhood. He stops the car in front of a nice white house.

"You can step out and stretch if you like," he says after a long time.

Grinning, "My back is killing me."

He chuckles at my old man joke. Sure I guess he wasn't the type to spread his family connections with Jennie Kim.

And it would've been bad for Nini if others knew that she had connections inside the agency.

I gently used my foot to open the door as I jumped out. My joints cracked as I stretched.

My long legs finally able to breathe.

"Lisa?" A cute voice calls.

I know that voice from a mile away. "Nini," I smile at the woman who wore such lazy clothes.

She was covered in dirt, a heart warming gummy smile on her face. She opens her arms for a hug, playfully scrunching my nose.

"No thank you, you're dirty."

She pouts, "I wanted a hug."

God who could deny her anything if she looks like a baby with that disappointed expression.

I don't care about my expensive casual clothes anymore. I run and took her into a bear hug, she giggles softly together with mine.

"I miss this," she sniffs my neck.

I felt my heart both melt and stopped. She had that crazy effect on me.

"I miss me too," I joke after a minute of standing like a statue. She pulls her chin back with that incredulous expression, "Such a narcissist Lisa."

"I know, sue me," I wink at her. Just then, her mother walks out of the gate, taking off her gloves.

"Oh it's Lisa. Wonderful, let's step inside and take tea. Jennie tells me you love tea."

Jennie laughs, pulling me by the arm.

She's in a good mood.

I love this.

"Oh what about your brother, Auntie?" At this the two halted and looked as if they had seen a ghost.

Was I not supposed to know that?

On cue, Mr. Yoon walks out of the black mercedes. "Sorry, I told her," he tucks his hands in his front pockets.

"A-ah it's okay," Jennie was the first one to muse as she pulls me with her cold hands.

"You okay?" I whisper to her ear as the two adults went in first.

"You know," she stares at the ground. I take her chin and raise it for her eyes to meet mine, "It isn't a big deal."

"I swear I didn't cheat my way inside YG. Sure I had connections b-but it was my efforts that--" I slowly kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry. I know, I know," I smiled at her.

She relaxes, shaking her head in relief .

"Thanks," she muttered just barely enough for me to hear.

"No problem, Nini," I slid my hand in hers, intertwining it.

"Do you mind?" I ask her, pointing to our hands.

"With others? Yes. But with you? No."

It's so easy to fall for her over again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 3.5K 22
What happens when two bestfriends wake up one day, only to find each other naked in bed? Would they stay the same or will everything change? (Jennie...
Her By paninipota

Fanfiction

1.6M 50.6K 43
[COMPLETE] Lisa Manoban hates Jennie Kim. Jennie Kim hates Lisa Manoban. An unfortunate event called Rosé force them to be on the same room at night...
34.1K 1K 60
Lisa hated her. Everything about her. Fucking Miss Perfect. Rich parents, pretty face, good grades and by the way also the schools student representa...
134K 3.8K 31
Blackpink Rosé, as a kpop idol no one expect her to be bisexual. Until one day, a girl name Y/N appear in front of her and everything change from tha...