I Hated Her || JenLisa

By BlackPhony

For some reason she hated the girl with every being despite being in the same girl group. How will they cope... More

Who Are You?
New Girl in Town
Australian Chipmunk
Closeness
Truth
Nothing New
Your Plans and Mine
Vulnerable at Some Point
Characters
Turn of Events
Catch Up
Never Easy
It's a Date
Second Date
I am Home
You're my Comfort
Broken Record
Sacrifices
Stop Hurting Yourself
Reassurance
To the both of us
Varying Hearts
Make it Through
We're all at Lost
Slips on Dry Floor
Addicted to Torture
Should I Break it Even?
What I Can Do
Out of the Cage
Holding On
Wrong Encounters
Guilty Pictures
Bottled Frustrations
Important Advices
Where Did We Go Wrong
Unsure
Duke it Out
Last Goodbye
Finding Nemo
Encounter
Orion
Behind the Story

Baby

26.5K 918 1.1K
By BlackPhony

Lisa

"I can't believe you agreed," I laugh to ease my overwhelmed self. She smiles, tying her hair into a bun.

"I'll take a shower, don't do anything stupid," she warns, then proceeds inside the bathroom made of non-transparent glass.

As soon as she disappears to take a bath, I sprung up from the bed and fan myself.

"How on earth is it so hot in here?" A bead of sweat runs on my jawline.

She's naked a few meters away from me.

Calm down, Lisa.

"I can't do this anymore," loosening my bottom down shirt, I make my way to the veranda.

My ears perking up to the sound of water sprinkling inside that godforsaken bathroom.

Combing my fingers through my locks, I call Chaeyoung to know how she's doing.

Jisoo had been in Australia for a day then quietly left without telling us as much as a single drop of what she had been doing in that foreign country.

"Lisa?" Chae answered, her cute Aussie accent never left her.

"Chipmunk!" I greeted, happy to hear my best friend's voice. By now we were just purely speaking her mother tongue -- English.

"How are you doing, baby?" Joking as I lean on the glass door, overlooking the expansion of the five star hotel.

I knew she would be rolling her eyes by now at the funny endearment.

"You're the baby, Lisa. I'm doing great here, what about you? Don't make it hard on yourself by spending time with Jennie, okay? I've seen some picture of you together."

Oh I forgot to tell her that Jennie and I are good.

"Hey chipmunk--" an unknown voice cuts me off my words, "Rosé!"

"Ah Lisa, my sister just came back," Chaeng giggled as the stranger introduces herself, "Hello Lisa, it's me Alice."

We actually had met before. She had similar features with Chaeng, well obviously since they were sisters.

"I might have to steal my sister from you Lisa. She refuses to eat after she's been locked inside the piano room," Alice reported.

Gasping, "Yah! Park Chaeyoung!"

"It's not like we don't skip meals in the dormitory," Chaeng whined.

Snorting, "Baby Chaeng, go eat. I'll try to call you later."

Ending the call with a smile, I turn and behold! Jennie was standing there with a cold expression that made me want to jump off the veranda.

She fakes a smile, "Baby Chaeng? How cute of you."

The words were completely dry, it scared the wits out of me.

"J-jen."

She shrugs, "I don't want to hear about it," she saunters to the door then glances my way.

"You're sleeping on the couch, Manoban."

Cold Jennie Kim is never my cup of tea.

"Where are you going?"

She takes her purse, "Lobby." Then she disappears just like that.

Falling on the floor with a thump, I stared at the open door.

"Oh god, Jennie will be my death."

Jennie

"Is she serious?! She tells me she likes me then goes and call everyone her baby? This is why I have trust issues!" I fumed, throwing the dart at the dartboard and making a perfect shot.

The old man beside me was just bobbing his head. I'm sure he didn't understand a word I said but whatever.

We were the only ones in this side of the game room. The other guests were preoccupied with the millenial games at the other corner.

"That girl ugh," I groan throwing another strong one.

"She's too immature for me, Jisoo was right! Fine, she can go to Rosé for all I care!" Flailing my hands, I throw another dart.

Sighing in frustration, I decided to call Jisoo. She picks up after the third ring.

"Bring me thai chicken when you come back, mandu," those were Jisoo's first words.

Not a hello, or a good evening, or anything normal to greet me.

What else did I expect from her?

"Fine," I grumbled, sitting down.

"So what's up, Jen? You never call me unless you're bored, dying or have a favor to ask me."

"What? I don't do that!" Flabbergasted.

"Actually you do. What is it? Spill."

Maybe I shouldn't have called her.

"Lisa! She likes me but then calls Rosé her baby. So who am I? Where should I stand then?" Complaining like a child, I hate acting like this but what else should I do?

There was a momentary silence, "Jen chill. We're talking about Lisa, she calls me baby too," Jisoo laughs.

What?

"She calls you baby too?"

She never calls me baby.

"Yes. Why do you care?" Jisoo teases but I end the call immediately.

She calls my cousin her baby! She calls her best friend her baby! Yet she doesn't call her own crush her baby?!

Huh, why do I care?

Crossing my arms, she can rot in her flirty attitude for all the shit I give.

And so, I spend my 3 hours playing games and ordering food to comfort my self.

The old man had now fallen asleep and his wife ushered him back to their room.

"Miss?" One of the hotel staff knocks.

"What?" I hiss making her jump.

"U-uh we're about to close this room, Ma'am. But if you want to play, there's a billiard in the bar area."

"Fine."

Taking my pink pastel colored purse I head to the floor area of the bar. It turns out there were around 20 people here, all guests of different nationality enjoying the night inside the hotel.

I surveyed the bar then sat in one of the stools, ordering a cocktail.

After debuting, we weren't banned from drinking anymore. As long as we didn't make a fool of ourselves and we asked for permission.

Texting my Uncle, a close friend of President Yang.

Jennie: Uncle Yoon, I'll be drinking tonight. But don't worry I won't be doing anything stupid. Lisa will be with me, she won't drink any alcoholic beverage.

I was plainly lying, there was no way Uncle Yoon would let me drink without any company.

Not a minute passed and I quickly recieved a message.

Uncle: Okay, but don't drink too much. I don't want to see your face in any article, arasso?

Jennie: Yes, Uncle. Thank you.

Uncle: Enjoy, I heard your Mom went with you. Let's talk once you arrive.

Jennie: I will, Uncle.

The bartender arrives with my cold drink. Slowly sipping it, I survey the bar with its violet hue.

"Hey there," a man walks to my side. By instinct I pull away.

"Uhm hi," I force myself to greet him without smiling. He orders a beer then holds a billiard stick, "Want to join us?"

He was Europian, my height barely making it to his neck. He has tattoos on both toned arms, he was well-built, thick brows, quirky smile and a lip ring in his bottom lip.

He seemed like the type of guy that screamed fun and dangerous, of course that's my stereotype speaking.

Scanning his friends, there were a few girls there too.

Emptying my cocktail, "Sure."

The alcohol mix burned through my throat. The heat was welcoming as I jumped off the bar stool, the stranger lending me a hand.

Looking back at the bartender, "Get me another cocktail."

The Europian stopped him, "Give her your best whiskey."

Raising my brow, "Did I say I want that?"

He smirks, "You might want something difficult. Not up to it?"

Shrugging, I sashayed my way towards their table.

"Who says I can't?"

Lisa

"This is your fault," blaming Chaeng was not helping me at all.

"What?" Chaeng asks.

I called her 3 hours after Jennie had left. Chaeng had just finished her meal after some pushing by the Park family.

"Nevermind," I huff.

My fingers hadn't stopped tapping the pillow, my restlessness evident.

What's taking her so long?

Walking back and forth, I mentally beat myself if I should check on Nini.

"Lisa?"

"Yes?"

"Did you know about Jisoo and Jennie unnie?" Chaeng asked out of the blue.

Stopping, "What about them?"

I didn't like her use of words at all. "A-ah ani, it's nothing," she was very bad at lying.

"What?" I pressed.

My overthinking mind was making me jealous.

"It's nothing serious. Jisoo unnie just shared something to me while she was here," Chaeng mumbled.

"And what is it?"

Before she could answer, Alice reminded Chaeng that they had plans half an hour from now, breaking the momentum of our conversation.

"It was just a silly joke," Chaeng came back after 5 minutes.

Humming, "You're spending a lot of time with Unnie these past few months. Don't tell me she's replacing me as your best friend."

"Of course not. You're the only one and no one can take your role."

Aww this cutie pie.

"Well I have to go Lis, do you need anything else?"

"You're my ray of sunlight, do you know that? I'm feeling better now. Thank you my ba--- chipmunk," I hold myself, thinking about Jennie's annoyance with me.

I have to make it up to her.

"Anything for you," she ends sweetly.

Now left alone with my own conscience.

I got to look for her, I finally decided.

Taking my jacket, I head to the lobby.

There was only one staff left at this time of night, the woman was probably at her early 30s.

Her hair well-made into a bun and uniform a light green color.

"Hello miss," I sheepishly wave at the woman whose eyes went wide like a saucer.

"L-lisa Manoban?" She stammers, covering her mouth. She embarrassingly tries to compose herself, doing her best to set aside her personal business and her work.

"Yes, I'm looking for a Korean girl wearing a black dress, she's about her early 20s. Have you seen her?"

She frowns, "Yes, I have seen her in the dart area an hour ago. She looked like she still wanted to play so I suggested she could play billiard in the bar area located at the 5th floor."

Nodding, I smile and thank her.

"Was that girl, Jennie Kim?" She calls out.

Turning, "Yes."

"Ah I see, maybe the rumors were true."

This made my heart plummet, "What rumor?"

She had accidentally said it out loud, gasping she bows at me, "I'm sorry that was unintentional."

"No it's okay, but what rumor?" Stepping forward as I meet her gaze.

"T-the bullying rumor before she was still a trainee," she answered with a frightened tone.

Adjusting my voice, I soften my words, "Jennie being a bully?"

She meekly nods.

I haven't heard of that. Was it a widely-spread rumor?

"Is it true? Does she bully you too?" She interviews.

Yes.

"No. There's no such thing, she's a kind unnie. She's just being misunderstood."

"But she looked like she was ready to throw me off the sea when I told her that the gaming room was closing," she furrows her brows, not believing me.

That's just like Jennie.

"Sorry about that. It's her time of the month, her second day specifically."

She mouths an 'O'.

"I shouldn't have closed the room until she finishes her game of darts. I'll send a chocolate shake tomorrow as an apology to her," the staff mused to herself, believing my lie.

Sorry, you don't want to know that we got into a silly fight.

"Well I have to go and chase her," I bid my farewell.

"Of course, Ms. Manoban. A girl can do a lot of absurd things during her period," she waves.

Arriving at the 5th floor was fast if you were still awake at around 2 in the morning and everyone else was sleeping.

But reaching the bar area, I swiftly retracted my words.

The bar still had people swarming about.

Clenching my jacket, I examined the holding area. My eyes looking for my girl.

And not a second later, I found her.

Unhappy as a foreigner tries to get closer to her. She does her best to evade him while she shoots the ball in the hole.

Marching towards them, I remained silent.

The man's friends were talking with each other while having their own beers in their hands.

"Come on, you still need a drink! 1 cocktail and whiskey will not make you feel the euphoria of the night," the foreigner prods.

I'll break your nose, maybe in that way you yourself can feel the euphoria you keep on saying for the past 4 minutes.

Tucking my balled hands in my front pocket. It was hard to control both anger and jealousy once you were in front of the person.

"No, I still have to go back to my room in one piece. Someone's waiting for me," she huffs.

She was clearly tipsy, her ears were slightly red and her steps kind of sluggish.

"Someone? Could it be your boyfriend?"

The question made me eager to know what she was about to answer.

"No, it's my dog."

What?

"What?" He bursted out laughing.

"Then you don't have a boyfriend right?" He leans closer to her. I interjected her before she could utter anything of imporances. Smoothly grabbing her by the waist and pulling her next to me.

"Yo back off," I growl.

He raises his brow, "And who are you?"

Faking my smile, "I'm her dog."

Jennie lookes up at me. My large hand held her exposed shoulder protectively.

She giggles, leaning, "Hello doggie~"

Looking down, I genuinely smile at this precious girl lost in this hellhole.

"Nini, you might get a cold," I put my jacket on her, so as to cover the much skin that was left exposed for all men and women to leer.

He laughs menacingly, ogling me up and down, "You can play with us too."

Almost gagging, I let out a soft cackle.

"No thank you, I have to send her back to the room in one piece. Now if you'll excuse us," pulling tipsy Jennie, we made our way out of the bar but the foreigner followed us.

Until he reached out and pulled Jennie by the arm. By pure instinct, I turn and shove him by his chest.

Caught off guard, he stumbles back.

"What the fuck?" He cursed, letting go of Jennie's thin arm.

"Don't touch her," I seethed. I gently took Jennie back to her room, her hand caressing the arm the man pulled.

"Was it painful?" I asked her as soon as we went inside the safety of the room.

She bobs her head, sniffing.

Kneeling down, I inspected her hand.

It didn't look like it was injured but the force must've hurt. She then takes her arm away from my hold.

"Why did you follow me?" A change of mood.

Tilting my head, puzzled, "Because I want to check on you."

She rolls her eyes, "Go check on your babies you care so much!"

Chaeng?

"Jen, you're just drunk. I'll talk to you later."

"No! Let's talk about it now! Who says I'm drunk? You call everyone your baby, who exactly are you flirting with, huh?"

"What? I'm not flirting with anyone."

"But to me you are!" She crosses her arms, "Lisa I can't reciprocate the same feelings if you can't reassure me. Because every time, every fucking time I feel as if you're joking and you're doing what you're doing with me to everybody else!"

She was angry, that much was clear.

I should really be afraid but why does it seem like I'm winning?

I never knew I made her feel that way.

Slowly reaching out for her hand, she steps away.

"Nope! I am not having that, you're not going to convince me with those smooth words of yours," she yells.

How long can I be patient?

"Jennie," I mutter under my stressful breath.

"No! Don't 'Jennie' 'Jennie' me! Even though you had told me Rosé doesn't have feelings for you, I can feel she's bluffing it! It's because of your flirting side that you put her hopes up too high! Who are you courting? Me or her?"

I had enough.

My hand at the back of her head, I pull her towards me. It wasn't scripted and not as what I want our first kiss to be.

But there I was, pressing our lips together.

My heart stopped at the moment. God knows how soft her lips were, it felt like my body was on fire.

I slightly moved my lips, and she responds after a millisecond. Our lips were dancing, it was amazing. There were no rehearsals and practices needed, as if we knew what to do as dangerously fast as I ignited it.

It was that kind of sensation that I didn't want to end yet I have to pull away to make her process what I had done.

Silently praying to God she might not turn me into dead meat after I step back.

And so I did, her eyes slowly opened with a startled expression.

I badly wanted more. I wanted to taste her, feel her warm lips against mine.

But I have to hold back.

"For fucking sake Jennie. I love you, and when I mean that I do love you. It's only you and no one else."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 3.6K 60
Different personalities. Totally opposed worldviews. Egoism x Altruism. What can happen when opposites attract? English version of "Dois a Dois".
58.7K 4K 64
What happens when two souls who plan to kill themselves meet each other on the very night they are expected to lose their lives? Will they change one...
301K 6.9K 68
Lisa Manoban who has a different kind of work, a very different one. Jennie Kim who happened to be a bitch but an innocent girl in terms of sex. Wil...
68K 2.6K 38
Y/n L/n born in America moves to Seoul to work with her uncle at YG Entertainment. She gets assigned as the intern for the famous girl group Blackpin...