Midnight Falls

By RealPerryThePlatypus

When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hate... More

Hello!
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Two Years Ago
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Author's Note
Midday Falls Is Out!

Chapter Three

4.3K 195 131
By RealPerryThePlatypus

Chapter Three

Mr. Schroeder.

Anna

"Crap," I mumble.

"It's okay, guys," Colette says. "Just focus on performing and avoiding eye contact. Jennie is the only one who actually knows us." The three of us nod in response. And Seth, I add in my mind.

Colette taps her drum sticks together signaling for us to be ready, before Sophia and Riley start playing the song we're supposed to perform on their instruments. I open my mouth and start singing the words.

"Oh don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me
I said you're holding back
She said shut up and dance with me."

I continue singing the song, avoiding eye contact with Jennie, Luke and Seth; because I knew if I took one look at Seth I'd break down. I actually take singing as one of those moments that I can get all my emotions out in. Anger, hurt, confusion, frustration. Anything. I get it all out by singing.

I don't even realize that we finished singing the song; until I hear the music stop and I open my closed eyelids. Everyone is cheering and clapping for us, I even hear a few whistles here and there.

We continue playing different songs and about one hour and a half later, Tina calls us off the stage.

"Thank you," I say. "And good night." And another row of cheers and claps fills the huge diner.

The four of us get off of the stage and go take a seat on one of the tables. We all order drinks and wait until our orders come.

"That was amazing," Sophia smiles.

"Yup," Riley agrees.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. Be right back," I announce, stand up and then I make my way to the bathroom.

*Ting*

I get my phone out of my pocket and open the new text from my dad. Oh crap.

Please don't tell me I'm dead.

Dad: Don't be late.

Okay, I'm not.

Me: I'm guessing mum told you.

Dad: Yes.

Me: I won't.

I glance at the time on the far top of my phone.

12:00 AM.

Oops, guess I'm late. How he didn't notice, I'll never know.

Dad: Ok.

And dad's favourite thumbs up emoji pops up after that.

I'm about to put my phone back in my pocket and look back up before I suddenly bump into someone and tumble backwards. I'm guessing whoever bumped into me, tries to be a hero and save me by grabbing my hand, but they pull too hard that I crash into their chest and I actually feel like my boobs just got squished. Ouch.

I find myself pressed against a guy and I'm gazing in a pair of familiar dark sea green eyes. Not him.

Luke stares intensely in my eyes. It's like a déjà-vu of what happened in the closet. Only he didn't have me pressed up against him and his hand wasn't holding tight on mine, like this time. His shirt is wet and it smells a lot like cherries.

"Crap," I mumble for the second time today. "I'm...so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you. I-I was just looking in my phone and I didn't know that there was someone else..." I trail off as I realize that I'm basically blabbering nonsense.

"Watch where you're going," He states coldly with a glare on his face.

Would you look at that? Luke Carter is now a bumhole.

Now that I'm actually hearing his voice, I never realized it's so deep. It was never this deep. It's as deep as his gorgeous eyes. Unfortunately, the looks don't mirror the personality. He lets go of my arm to grab his phone.

"Wow. Rude much?" I say, thinking that he didn't hear me. I crouch down to grab my phone and immediately look for any scratches on the screen.

I would really faint if something happened to my phone.

He rolls his eyes. "Just watch where you're going next time. You don't want to end up hurt, do you?" he says.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes too and as we walk past each other, he bumps his shoulder into mine pretty freaking hard, but I make sure to bump mine into his just as hard. I tuck my phone back in my black pants' pockets, making my way to the bathroom.

| | | |

Idiots.

That's what I'm surrounded with. Idiots, everywhere. I don't know until when I'll continue dealing with them, but I hope whoever is torturing me with human stupidity understands that I'm suffering.

You could say that yesterday was another normal day. Trying to survive my drama-filled life. Jennie wouldn't stop annoying me. She's like that piece of gum that's stuck to your shoes and you can't get it off.

Alexander actually smiled AND waved at me yesterday. I know, shocking. I hope he realizes one day that I have this huge crush on him and that I'm not some kind of freaky, farting stalker. And I'm not...okay, so maybe I'm kind of freaky and I stalk hot guys, but I'm not a FARTING stalker.

Oh and I bumped into Luke, twice in one day. I don't know what the heck this is or what the universe is trying to tell me, but it's clearly trying to get rid of me. I mean, if you bump into Jennie's shag-buddy twice a day, it means that the world clearly hates you.

Also, I saw Seth yesterday, well today, at the diner when we were performing. I'm just glad that he didn't–

"Anna!" Liam shouts, as soon as he walks in my room, throwing the door wide with force that I fall off my bed with an 'oomph'. I quickly hide my notebook under my bed and stand up, dusting myself off.

"Oh," he says. "You're up."

"What do you want, loser?" I ask him, annoyed.

"You're going to be late to school, dummy," he tells me.

"What are you talking-?" I pause to look at the clock beside my closet and my eyes go wide. "Oh my God! I'm late!"

"Yeah," Liam says. "Have fun in detention."

"Get out," I say and he must have assumed I meant get out as in 'shut up'.

"No. Seriously, you're going to get detention,"

"No. Seriously, get out!" I point at the door.

"Rude," He comments, as he walks out of the room.

I slam the door close after him. I rush to my closet, throwing it open and getting out the first thing I see, which is a maroon hoodie, a pair of high-waisted black pants and my white beanie. I wanted to look for a jumper, but I had ten minutes to get dressed, shower, pack my bag, eat breakfast, brush my teeth and WALK to school.

I lay my undergarments and my clothes on bed, before I rush in the bathroom. I strip down my pajamas and get in the shower, turning on the hot and the cold water, but only cold water runs out from the tap.

"Come on," I whine. "Are you serious? It's freaking December."

"Fine, then," I huff and I wash my body and my hair quickly in the freezing water.

I walk out of the shower, wrapping the towel around my body. I dash out of the bathroom and get dressed in my clothes, while drying my hair.

If there was an award for the 'Most Multitasking Person', I'd definitely win it. I brush my hair and it falls in its short, straight, natural self, then I pull the beanie on my head. I put on my black glasses, as I stuff everything I need in my backpack.

I go downstairs, my backpack hanging loosely off my shoulder. I make my way to the kitchen and chirp a quick 'hi' to mum, Cole and Josh. I grab a pop tart and stuff it in my mouth.

"Bwye," I muffle out, as I exit the kitchen.

I march to the downstairs bathroom and grab my other toothbrush, putting some toothpaste on it. I actually have three toothbrushes in this house. One in my bathroom, one in the guest's bathroom and the other in the downstairs' bathroom, you know, just in case.

I put the toothbrush in my mouth and go outside, then slide my feet in my converse as I brush my teeth with my other hand. I run back to the bathroom, wash my mouth and dart out of the bathroom.

"Bye, guys," I yell, as I open the front door.

"Bye, honey. We love you," mum yells back.

And that's just my most messed up morning ever.

| | | |

"I'm here!" I shout, bursting through the door of the classroom.

"Miss Falls," Mr. Brown starts.

"I know I'm late," I sigh.

"That's right," Mr. Brown replies. "Detention after school today."

"Fine," I say, grumpily and walk to my seat, plopping down in it.

Why is everyone so right these days?

| | | |

"You got detention?!" Sophie and Riley ask in surprise.

"Why are you guys so surprised? I got one before," I tell them.

"Yeah, we know, but–you got detention?!"

"I was late and Mr. Brown isn't really the 'forgive and forget' kind, so yeah," I reply, air quoting forgive and forget.

"Poor you," Sophie says.

"Guess who got detention?" Colette says as soon as she sits down, slamming her tray down on the lunch table.

"Anna did," Riley replies. "We already know."

"No, I got detention-wait, you got detention?!" Colette stares at me with wide eyes.

"Why do you people look so shocked?"

"It's just that the last time you got detention was two years ago, so we're a bit surprised since it has been awhile," Sophie explains and Colette nods in agreement.

"True," Riley adds.

I can't even disagree with them because it's true. Back in sophomore year, Noah King, my best friend and I used to get a lot of detentions and that was mostly because we got into a lot of trouble whenever we were with each other. Now that Noah went back to Australia, the only reason I would ever get detention would be because of my tardiness and I'm never late.

Well, except for today.

"Don't worry," Colette says. "I'll be joining you."

"What happened?" I ask.

"I was listening to Nirvana in peace and that's when Mrs. Smith snatched my headphones and told me to answer the equation on the board, which by the way, I got right, but she still gave me detention because phones aren't allowed in classes, which is pretty dumb, if you ask me," she replies, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"To be honest, you shouldn't listen to music in class," Riley tells her.

"It's not my fault, her voice sounds like Dracula's wife in monotone and I got bored," Colette huffs. "Besides three people were already sleeping their heads off."

"So, I'm guessing we won't be able to practice tonight," Riley states and we all nod.

*Ting*

I hear a phone go off and Riley gets out her phone from her pocket, taking a look at it, then she groans.

"What's wrong?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's James, again," she rolls her eyes and she shows us her phone.

James: Do you really hate me that much?

Riley starts typing back a message, while reading it out loud. "I don't exactly hate you, but if you were on fire and I had water, I'd drink it," she says. "There," she smiles proudly at her message.

| | | |

A loud sneeze sounds in the classroom.

"Gross," I mumble, as Colette and I stand in the doorway of the detention room and watch the idiots sitting in the wooden chairs.

Two guys are already sleeping, three girls are shooting paper balls at one of the guys sleeping and I could see a nest of paper balls in his hair. A girl has her headphones on and is tapping her long painted nails on her desk impatiently.

Luke Carter AND Zach Thompson are sitting in two of the chairs; I'm not even surprised to see them here. Mr. Schroeder doesn't even bother watching the people in detention; he just continues reading his magazine.

"Oh my God," Colette murmurs. "This is mini-hell."

"Tell me about it," I say.

Mr. Schroeder looks up from his magazine taking a look at us, before going back to reading his magazine. "Take a seat and don't talk too loud," he instructs us and we take a seat in the front of the classroom.

Colette and I have no idea what to do, so Colette takes out her ear phones and she gives me one. I put it in my ear and she inserts the earphones' end in her phone, before she starts playing her playlist. Colette and I share the same taste of music, so I don't really mind listening to what she plays.

I just sit here looking out of the window and watch the people rush out of school, seeming too eager to get out of the building. This would probably be me if I wasn't stuck in this future-criminals room.

Some people are still standing in the parking lot in front of the school's entrance. Most of them are jocks and cheerleaders. Others are just hanging around with their friends.

Suddenly, I hear a loud snoring sound and I turn my head towards the source of sound. Mr. Schroeder is leaning back with his eyes closed and his mouth wide open while he snores loudly. His magazine resting on his chest and his hands are locked together as they rest on top of the magazine.

Mr. Schroeder is leaning back in his chair, the chair's tilted back against the board and if he moves an inch, the chair would fall.

I look around and almost everyone looks bored out of their skulls. Even Colette fell asleep. Zach and Luke get up from their seats and they make their way to the front, slowly and quietly.

Luke walks up to Mr. Schroeder and he scratches his nose. Mr. Schroeder waves his hand around, but he leans back and the chair falls on the floor with a loud bang, taking Mr. Schroeder with it. Colette shoots up at the sound and looks at me before she notices Mr. Schroeder on the floor.

Luke and Zach quickly run back to their seats before Mr. Schroeder catches them, as they try to contain their laughter. I slap my hand over my mouth to muffle my laughter and Colette press her lips against each other to do the same.

Mr. Schroeder stands up, startled. "Who did that?" He demands, glaring at us. Almost every person in the room, who's awake, is trying to hold their laughter.

Mr. Schroeder's eyes scan the room, until they land on Zach and Luke and he narrows his eyes at them.

"Mr. Thompson and Mr. Carter, you'll both be staying in detention tomorrow after school, for two hours," he tells them, crossing his arms.

"Why? We didn't do anything," Luke shrugs.

"I know it was you boys who pulled this immature joke on me," Mr. Schroeder claims.

"You don't have proof of that, do you?" Zach asks him.

"No, but I'm-" Mr. Schroeder starts.

"You don't have proof, which means you don't know if we did it or no," Luke interrupts and I can already see his lips tugging in a small smirk.

"B-but, I'm almost-" Mr. Schroeder starts again.

"Should have had proof, Mr. Schroeder," Zach shakes his head.

Mr. Schroeder just scratches his head and walks out of the room. I have a feeling that they pulled this stunt up before and they just end up fooling him.

"Well, I guess that's the end of detention for today," Luke says, standing up and walking out of the room with Zack following him.

"What just happened?" Colette and I ask each other at the same time.

| | | |

Zach isn't lying, though. He should have had proof.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know I did.

Next chapter in Luke's POV, although I suck at writing guys' POVs, but I'll try my best.

And don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Byye, amazing peeps!

-W.A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.7K 52
[Highest Rank: #328] Anna's a normal girl. Well, at least she wishes she was. She watched her parents die in front of her when she was eight y...
19.8K 637 56
"And i wouldn't marry me either" - You're loosing me, Taylor Swift "But i'd marry you with paper rings, ohoh, that's right. You're the one i want"...
170K 6.3K 40
Annalise Fall seems to have everything - she's the smartest girl in her sixth form, has the perfect teachers, the perfect friends, the perfect boyfri...
1.9K 86 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...