A Prescription for Love

By tufano79

Bella Swan works as a nurse at Cook County Hospital in the ER. She's older and desperate for love. It's hinde... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
A Healing Touch

Chapter Twenty-Nine

1.8K 33 6
By tufano79

Are you still with me? Please say that you are...Thank you for your patience in my wacky updating schedule. My life has changed rapidly over the past few weeks. I have an update on my blog about that if you're curious. Anyhow, I do thank you for sticking with me.

Now, none of this is mine. I'm no Stephenie Meyer (though there are days that I wish I was. Getting paid millions to write? Yes and please.) I like to slip into her world and borrow her characters because they are just so epically awesome!

Up next will be where we left off, in Bella's point of view. We're going to see how Alice reacts to Jasper and how Jasper reacts to Alice's relationship with Garrett. Also, Bella and Edward are going to celebrate Bella's birthday (can we say lemon? Lots of lemons?) Finally, at the end of the chapter will be the beginning of the angst. Some hated characters are going to come back and enact their revenge. Who will be the target?

Chapter Twenty-Nine

BPOV

The courtroom emptied out. We could still hear Royce screaming through the walls and hallways of the courthouse. Rose collapsed against Emmett, seemingly exhausted and emotionally spent. Esme was sobbing quietly against Carlisle and even Edward had a few tears in his eyes. Rose's ordeal was over and she could move on with her life. She could be happy.

"Come on, goddess," Emmett murmured against Rose's hair. "Let's get you home and you can crash, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded. He helped her up and almost had to physically carry her to the exit. Carlisle and Esme followed them, leaving the rest of us in the courtroom. Jasper was torn on going with Rose or trying to talk with Alice. He was running his fingers through his hair, stressing out over his decision.

Cynthia broke the tense silence, making Jasper's decision for him. "I'm glad that asshole is going to jail," she smirked. "So glad that I want to drink. Who wants to join me?"

"Fuck yeah! Count me in," Garrett said, holding his hand up. "Ali, you want?"

"Yes and please," she said, snuggling into Garrett's embrace. He gently kissed Alice's lip, murmuring against her mouth. Her face quirked up into a half smile, nodding against him. He kissed her again, eagerly.

"Edward? Bella?" Garrett smirked, pulling away from Alice. "The more the merrier?"

"You in, sweet girl?" Edward asked me, smiling at me in his warm, loving way. "I know you're tired..."

"No, going out for a few drinks sounds great," I answered, giving him a reassuring grin. Sleep sounds better.

"Jasper, you want to come?" Alice asked, being polite. Her tone belied her true intentions of leaving him behind.

"Sure," Jasper replied, giving Alice an excited smile. Her teeth were gritted as he responded and her hand gripped Garrett's suit coat. "Where?"

"Scofflaw Bar," Cynthia said. "We need some gin and Scofflaw is the best gin joint in Chicago. Plus, it's pretty close to here. We can walk."

"First round's on me," Garrett said as he stood up. He and Alice twined their fingers, scooting past Cynthia. She eagerly followed along with me and Edward. Jasper came up the rear, his hands shoved in the pocket of his suit pants. We walked the short distance to the bar, settling in a booth inside, with Jasper sitting on a stool at the end of the booth. We all ordered our drinks of choice. I stuck with water since I was still taking a Lorazapam every four hours to keep my anxiety in check.

Weak...you're weak, Isabella.

Ever since my breakdown over the dream, I'd been on edge. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, fearful of the unknown. I'd also became more and more reserved and quiet, regressing to how I was prior to meeting my love of my life. Edward was concerned, encouraging me to meet with Michele. I did and she gave me some techniques on how to work on my anxiety but it didn't negate the fact that I felt something in my gut. Something bad was going to go down.

Soon.

Breaking me out of my reverie, Garrett held up his scotch, wrapping his arm around Alice, "To the end of a nightmare for Rose," he said.

"To the taking of Royce's ass virginity," Cynthia smirked.

"Amen to that," Edward growled. "Did you notice that he didn't want to sit? Maybe he already was initiated."

"Let's not talk about anal rape at the bar, please?" Jasper squeaked. "I wish the same for Royce but...it's not a visual I care to have. Kay?"

Everyone nodded, sipping their drinks. I idly played with my glass, lost in my own thoughts. I was happy for Rose, worried for me and slightly unsettled by the looks that Jasper was sending Alice's way.

Prior to his departure to Houston, he gave me a letter to deliver to Alice. I gave it to her but as far as I knew, Alice threw it out. She didn't want to even read what Jasper wrote down. He'd made his bed with his small-mindedness, prejudice and snide commentary; now he had to lie in it. Without Alice. She's moved on with Garrett.

"How's the job, Jasper?" Edward asked. "You enjoying Houston?"

"It's good," Jasper said as he drank his beer. "My course load is challenging but my classes are great."

"You're a professor, right?" Garrett questioned, arching a brow.

"Yeah. I teach history classes at Rice University; American History, focusing on the Revolutionary War and Civil War," Jasper said. "You a nurse?"

"Ah, no," Garrett chuckled, a bit taken aback by Jasper's assumption. "I'm the associate head of the emergency department with Edward."

"Oh. Sorry," Jasper blushed. He scrubbed his face and looked forlornly at Alice.

"What?" she snapped, glaring at him. "Stop giving me the fucking puppy dog eyes, Jasper."

"I'm not," Jasper fumbled. "I'm looking at the picture behind you."

"You're looking at a picture of a martini like it's the last woman on earth," Alice said, rolling her eyes. "Just stop. We're done and I'm head over heels in love with Garrett. This ship has sailed." Alice got out of the booth, stomping toward the back of the bar. Cynthia and I looked at each other. Edward chuckled lowly as he moved out of the booth to allow me to follow Alice along with her sister. Jasper started to get up from his seat at the end of the table, attempting to come with us. Edward pushed him back down, giving him a stern look. Cynthia and I went in search of Alice.

We found her pacing in the back, by the woman's room. Her hair was a mess as she tugged on it with her fingers. "Where does he get off?" Alice sneered. "I mean, I broke it off with him...There's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'm going back to him. I mean, really!"

"Ali-cat, calm down," Cynthia said as she stopped Alice from her pacing. Alice glared at her sister. "Or not."

"Cyn, he has no right to look at me like that," Alice growled. "I'm ecstatic, in love and giddy with Garrett. Jasper lost that chance when he made comments about Bella. Not to mention, his comments about my friendship with Bella." She shot me an apologetic look. "He criticized me about you and why I'd choose to have such a 'fat' friend." She took my hand in hers. "Sorry, Bells."

I shrugged it off. Jasper, at the time, was an ass. I came to expect it. Hell, when he saw me this morning, he gave me that look. Oh, you've gained weight...your clothes are a little too tight. Yes, I've gained weight but being stressed over everything has caused me to become an emotional eater. I can't get enough gelato or biscotti. "It's okay, Ali."

"Alice, opinions are assholes. We all have one and they all stink," Cynthia said, putting her arm around Alice's body. "You were right in dumping his ass. Was the sex good?"

"Not really. He had a small dick," Alice answered, wrinkling her nose.

"Ewwww, Alice. I don't need to know that," I whimpered, bouncing on my toes. "That's Edward's brother. I don't need that visual of his tiny penis."

"What? It's true," Alice wailed, throwing up her hands. "He made up for it with this thing that he did with his tongue..."

"Stop!" Cynthia and I barked. We both shared looks of disgust and shock. Again, this was Edward's brother...his knowledge and prowess of cunnilingus is not something I need to know. Wrong, on so many different levels, people.

Alice shrugged and plopped down on the small leather bench outside of the bathroom. We heard a quiet cough and standing just outside of the hallway was Jasper. His cheeks were bright pink. His eyes were focused on the tiled floor. Awkward...how much of that conversation did he hear? "Alice, can I please just talk to you?" he whispered.

"Too bad, so sad," she said bitingly. "I have nothing to say, nor do I want to listen. Guys, I'm sorry but I'm going to go. I can't stay...it's far too uncomfortable with..." She shot a look at Jasper before she got up and hugged me. "See you tomorrow at work, Bells. Cyn, I'll be over on Sunday for dinner with the wunderkinds. We're still going to the zoo, right?" Cynthia nodded and they kissed on the cheek. Alice stomped out of the hallway, shoving against Jasper unnecessarily.

"I'm probably going to go, too," Cynthia said as we walked past Jasper. He looked like he was going to cry. "My neighbor is watching my kiddos but I should go be a mom or something."

"You do that, Cyn," I snorted.

"I will," she replied, hugging me tightly. "Also, happy early birthday, Bella. I know it's in a couple days."

"Thanks," I blushed. Cynthia gave me another hug and followed Alice out of the hallway. Jasper was standing in a daze. I blinked a few times. Walking towards him, I put my hand on his arm. "Jasper?"

"She...she...blew me off," he whispered. "She moved on. She was supposed to wait; fall in love with me but she didn't." His eyes captured mine. They were filled with tears. "Did you give her the card?"

"I did, Jasper," I murmured. "I'm not sure if she read it, though."

He nodded, a few tears spilling onto his cheeks. "She's moved on. So should I," he muttered, wiping his cheeks. He looked up at me and gave me a sad grin. "I'm going to do that. I'm going to see if I can catch a flight back to Houston tonight. I can't stay here. Um, yeah...I'll call Edward soon and good luck, Bella. I hope you have a happy birthday." He turned on his heel, walking briskly away.

I went into the bathroom. All of that water caught up with me. I washed my hands once I was done and walked back to the table. Edward was sitting there by himself, twirling his glass of scotch. "Some celebration," I quipped lamely.

"It was inevitable. Alice and Jasper? I knew it was going to be bad when she invited him," Edward chuckled humorlessly. "I'd never see him so broken up before."

"Alice said some pretty harsh things to him," I frowned. "Plus prior to talking to him, she made some unnecessary descriptions of his anatomy. I think he heard that, too."

"That shit isn't cool," Edward said, arching a brow. "Jasper made some bad decisions but Alice could at least talk to him or at least not make snide commentary. He is still my brother. An idiot, yes, but still my brother."

"What did Garrett say about Jasper?" I asked.

"Garrett was not impressed. That dig Jasper gave Garrett about being a 'nurse,' pissed him off. I had to talk him down once Jasper went in search for you girls," Edward said. "In a way, I'm glad they all left. I'm grateful for their support of Rose, but it kind of turned into a three-ring circus."

"In the long run, Royce got convicted and Rose can move on," I said, cuddling up against to his side. "How is she doing, really?"

"She's a bit of a mess but today, I saw a sparkle in Rose's eyes that I hadn't seen since prior to the attack," Edward murmured, brushing his lips against my forehead. "She's definitely struggling but finally healing. You know?" I nodded, kissing him softly. "Also, it gives me an opportunity to talk to you about your birthday."

"Ugh...let's just forget it. Thirty-two isn't all that exciting," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Bella, your birth is important to me," he said, cupping my face with his hand. "You're a smart, beautiful, funny, amazing and sexy woman. The day of your birth should celebrated. Besides, you spoiled me for my birthday. Now, it's my turn to spoil you."

"Minor technicality, baby...I'm working. So are you," I said, arching a brow.

"On the day of your birthday, yes. We are working. But, we've got the two days following to relax and have some fun," he smirked.

"What do you have planned?" I asked.

"Well, I've arranged for a morning at the spa for you," he began, wrapping his arm around me. "Massage, manicure and pedicure. And none of this bullshit that you wash your hands too much. You're getting a manicure. Every part of you deserves to be pampered."

"Okay," I smiled. "My hands are in need for some loving."

"Perfect hands," he purred, pulling one to his mouth and kissing my palm. "After your spa day, we're going out to dinner and then to go see a musical."

"Which musical?"

"The Book of Mormon," he answered with a triumphant grin.

"How in the hell did you get tickets? It's been sold out forever," I said, shocked that he had managed to do this.

"I have my sources," he chuckled. "But that's not all, sweet girl. In addition to all of that, I get to spoil you rotten with all of my presents for you."

"It's really not necessary," I blushed. "The spa, dinner and musical are more than enough."

"Psssh," he snorted. "You're getting a kickass present, Bella. You'll get it on your birthday, the actual day of your birthday, prior to us leaving for work." His green eyes were mischievous. "Now, I don't know about you but I want to go back home and spend some time reconnecting with you, baby. With the trial, our hectic schedules and life in general, I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too," I said, giving him a small smile.

"Then why are we still here at this overpriced bar and not in bed, naked, making love?" Edward asked, smirking saucily.

"Your guess is as good as mine," I giggled.

He growled, pounding the rest of his drink. "Home, bed, now..." he snarled, nibbling on my neck as he gently pushed me out of the booth.

xx APFL xx

I was snuggled in bed. I didn't want to get up. I had gotten home late from the shift from hell. It was my last weekend prior to starting classes at University of Chicago. I worked last night with Alice the three to eleven shift. However, I got home a little after one because of a car accident on the Eisenhower. Today, I was scheduled eleven to seven. I prayed that my day was easier than yesterday.

"Sweet girl," Edward crooned, brushing my hair away from my face.

"Need sleep," I grumped, covering my face with a pillow.

"I know you need sleep, Bella, but your birthday present arrived," he said, laying down next to me. His green eyes were twinkling expectantly.

"Arrived?" I asked, rubbing my face. "Did it fly in or something?"

"No," he snickered. "I kept your present at my parents' house until your birthday. My dad just dropped it off."

"Is it a puppy?" I asked, half kidding.

"Do you want a puppy?" he replied, his green eyes serious and his lower lip jutting out.

"I'm kidding, Edward. We're both too busy to have a puppy," I deadpanned.

"Later, though?" he questioned.

"God, you're like a big kid," I laughed. "I love you, though. You make me happy, Edward. I know that I've been...well, a mess. You've been so patient and I'm truly appreciative of that."

"Bella, sweet girl," he began, cupping my cheek. "I'd do anything for you. I love you with my whole being." He shot a look to his armoire in the bedroom before shaking his head slightly. "Now, come on. Get up and put some clothes on. The present is outside."

I looked under the blankets, having forgotten that I went to bed with just my panties since I was so tired last night. When I stood up, Edward's eyes glazed over. I shook my head, walking to the dresser to pull on a t-shirt and a pair of capri sleep pants. I slipped on a pair of flip flops and Edward twined is fingers with mine. His thumb idly rubbed across my promise ring before he guided me downstairs, walking toward the front the door. The day was sunny and still warm.

"Did you buy me a tree?" I quipped.

"No," he snorted. "You'll see, sweet girl." We turned to face the driveway. On it were two cars: Edward' Volvo and a silver Audi with a massive blue bow on it. Edward reached into his pocket, dangling a set of keys in front of my nose. "Happy birthday, my Bella."

"You bought yourself a new car and giving me the Volvo?" I asked. My sleep-fogged brain was not understanding.

"No, silly girl. You get the pretty new Audi. I sill drive my Volvo," he chuckled.

"You bought me a car?" I whispered.

"I did, baby. I've spoiled you enough with jewelry...well, for now. Besides, I know we want to move out to the suburbs. You'll need wheels then," he replied, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, Edward, but it's too much," I said, chiding him gently. "I would have been happy with a used Honda or something."

"Bella, my goal in life is to spoil you," he admonished. "I wanted you to have a car. Now, if you don't like it, I can take it back we can choose something together, but whatever it is, it will be new. Not used. I love you, baby and you deserve the best."

"I love you, too," I murmured, feeling guilty over my overreaction over the car. "Thank you for the car, Edward. I'm sorry..."

"No apologies, sweet girl," he said, kissing my lips. "Do you really like it? I mean it when I said that we can pick something out together."

"Edward, the car is gorgeous. Am I safe to say that we're driving together to work?" I smiled.

"Oh, hell yes!" he grinned, crushing his lips against mine. I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Now, I know that we're working today, but I have a special breakfast for you before you get ready for work." We went back inside of the house and on the kitchen table was a full array of breakfast goodies. "Wow, Edward. How could I not know you were doing this?"

"You were out like a light, Bella," he snickered, guiding me to the chair. "It made for an entertaining morning listening to your sleep conversations."

"What did I say?" I groaned.

"Something about lighting the candles with the cat; Alice has green hair; Angela is going to have an alien baby and that I'm the love of your life," he said, his ears turning a bright pink.

"Well, you are," I said as I picked up the mug of coffee in front of me.

"As you are mine," he said quietly, giving me a radiant smile. "Now, we have pancakes, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and toast. Oh, I can't forget the most important thing." He reached into his jeans pocket, putting a candle onto my small pile of pancakes, lighting it with a lighter. Sweetly, he sang 'Happy Birthday' to me before kissing my neck. He sat down next to me after he got his own cup of coffee, feeding me random bites from his plate. I laughed lightly at his attentiveness.

We finished our breakfast and Edward let me shower first. However, I was not in the shower alone for long. Inside, Edward and I fooled around. Well, Edward fooled around with me. His magical fingers played me like the finest Steinway piano, screaming for more. Sadly, more never came since we both were now running late for work. I was blow drying my hair as Edward running around, getting dressed in a pair of khakis and a black polo.

I finished pulling my hair back and applying some light makeup. With a frown, I removed my promise ring and put it on the necklace I wore around my neck. I hated taking off my ring. But with the amount of craziness my hands endured, it was the smartest thing to do. Plus, tons of germs can hang out underneath the metal.

We finished getting ready and got into the car. Edward told me about the nuances of my new wheels. I was filled with trepidation as I sat in the fancy vehicle. I was terrified that I was going to total it when I backed out of the driveway. Thankfully, I didn't. In reality, my car was insanely fun to drive. I was giddy as a teenager who got kissed for the first time.

I parked the car, as far from the entrance as possible. I don't want my new baby to be dinged. It made us slightly late for our shifts. I clocked in just after eleven and Edward ran off to his office, kissing me on the cheek. Things were a bit crazy today since it was the last 'hurrah' of the summer. It was Labor Day weekend and people were just being morons with the grilling accidents, cases of sun poisoning and overall debauchery. To make matters worse...it was only Friday. I totally felt for the nurses and doctors scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. Monday, though, was probably going to be even more of a nightmare. Edward and I were scheduled to work then.

Great.

I shook it off and focused on the little boy who was crying over a broken arm in front of me. The rest of the shift went by in a blur. There were a ton of minor emergencies. Nothing major, thankfully. We cared for a litany of broken bones, sprained ankles and wrists, first and second degree burns and drunkenness. Poor Edward was in scrubs within the first hour of our shift. He was puked on by some drunken idiot who thought it would be good to down an entire case of beer.

Shortly before the end of our shift, Garrett strolled in for his time in the ER. He kissed my cheek and said happy birthday before he handed me a small bag with a wink before he walked to the circulation desk. Edward smirked at his friend and guided me out of the ER once we were done with our eight hours of work.

Back at home, I opened my present from Garrett. Inside were two boxes and a card. I opened the card first and saw a postcard of two cats, one flying at the other ready to attack. Printed along the bottom of the card was the saying 'My gift to you is my mad Ninja skills. Happy Birthday.' On the back of the card was a hand-written note from Garrett.

Dear Bells,

I hope you have a great birthday. If Edward gets out of line, don't hesitate to call on me for some assistance with my ninja skills. But, you keep in line pretty well. Enjoy your presents and relish in Edward's spoiling of you. You deserve it, baby sis!

I love you,

Garrett (aka Ninja Master ~ HIYA!)

I snorted.

"What?"

"Your best friend," I replied, handing him the card.

Edward snickered, rolling his eyes. "Only Garrett. What did he get you?"

"I'm almost afraid to look," I said, eyeing the bag warily. "Watch, it's a shuriken."

"What the hell is that?" Edward asked, arching a brow.

"Ninja throwing star," I answered, poking the brightly colored bag.

"I doubt that Garrett would get you a shuri-whatever," Edward deadpanned. "Open it up, sweet girl. I'm dying of curiosity."

I picked up the bag and pulled out the two boxes nestled inside. One was a coaster describing the qualities of a 'Virgo.' Some of them were kind of inappropriate but the rest were funny. The second box had an Authentic Phrenology Head. Garrett tucked a card inside, saying that I needed it when I started classes on Tuesday. I took my two presents from Garrett and put them on the dresser.

We went to bed early since I was still somewhat 'draggy' from my day before. Plus, I had a long day tomorrow. My spa appointments were starting at ten and going until three or so. It started with an hour long massage at the spa, followed by wax treatments to my brows, poon and legs. Next was my pedicure and manicure and my hair was going to cut, colored and curled for my date with Edward to go see Book of Mormon.

The next morning came sooner than I would have liked. My alarm went off on my new iPhone 5 that Edward got me once we canceled our landline. I scowled at my vibrating phone, dragging my body out of the bed. Edward was still quietly snoring in our bed. I maturely stuck out my tongue at his sleeping form, jealous at his lie-in. I stalked to the bathroom, stripping out of my t-shirt and panties. I took a quick shower, washing everything but my hair since it was going to cut and dyed today.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body. Edward snuck up behind me, kissing my neck softly. "Good morning," he said roughly. He looked delightfully rumpled and ever-so-slightly cranky. My Edward was not a morning person. "You weren't in bed when I woke up."

"My alarm went off and in case you forgot, I've got an appointment at the spa to get beautified," I quipped, turning around his arms.

"Oh, I remember, sweet girl," he said, giving me my favorite crooked smile. "I made the appointment for you."

"What are you going to do while I'm out getting my treatments?" I asked.

"Run a few errands," he said, kissing my nose. "Do you want some breakfast?"

"Just some yogurt and fruit," I answered. "Yesterday was delicious but too much on a daily basis."

"Agreed," he nodded. "You want coffee, too?" I nodded and he dashed away so I could finish getting ready. I braided my hair and slid on a pair of jeans and a gray t-shirt. I finished my relaxed look with a pair of ballet flats that I found on sale at Lane Bryant. They were cute and leopard spots at the toe. Alice and Rose would be proud.

In the kitchen, Edward had made some breakfast for us: some yogurt and fruit for me and a bowl of cereal for him. We ate in silence. I was still somewhat sleepy and Edward not really coherent until he had at least two cups of coffee. My guess he was just finishing cup number one. We finished our breakfast and I went to do the dishes, but Edward shooed me away, claiming that it was my weekend to be spoiled. He set me in front of the television, turning it on to some random channel. I chuckled quietly, watching as Edward stumbled back to the kitchen. He wouldn't take his eyes off me, for fear that I'd get up to help.

He ran into the wall before he realized he should pay attention to where he was heading. I flipped to a show on HGTV on home design. Ever since we'd talked about moving, I'd been addicted to HGTV. Twenty minutes later, Edward was done with the dishes and he plopped down next to me. "Shall we go, sweet girl?" he asked.

"Don't you need to shower and such?" I asked.

"I'll do it when I get back," he ran his hands through his disheveled hair. "Besides, I want to drive your pretty new car."

"Figured as much," I quipped, bumping my shoulder with his. He stood up, holding out his hand to me. Easily, he pulled me up and we walked to the garage. A short ride later, we arrived at the spa. Edward gave me a kiss and said that everything was paid for and the only job I had to do was relax and enjoy the pampering.

My day of beauty was amazing. I felt like a princess. The massage was relaxing and just what the doctor ordered. My wax was brutal but I know that Edward liked it when I had a waxed vajayjay. Hell, it made everything so much more intense. After the waxing, I had my pedicure, opting for some fun polish on my toes. I picked out a dark blue polish with some bling for my big toes. On my fingers, I got a neutral polish that was close to my own skin tone. The last step in my day of beauty was my hair and makeup. It was dyed a warm brown and curled like a pin-up girl. I arched a brow at my stylist. He smirked and said that my birthday present from my sister was in the dressing room and that my hair would match perfectly. My makeup also had a retro feel to it, too.

I gave my stylist a tip and went back into the dressing room. In my locker was a garment bag with a shopping bag sized gift bag on the ground. Pinned to the garment bag was a card. I chuckled at the outside of the card, 'Happy birthday to a sister who has the best sister in the world.' It was true, Rose was the best 'sister.' She wished me a happy birthday, explaining that my outfit was for my night out with Edward.

I opened the garment bag and found a black and white halter dress with a full skirt that reached the knee. Underneath the skirt was blue crinoline that matched my blue peep toe heels. Not to mention, my panties and bra were the same shade blue. The dress and panties were courtesy of Rose. The shoes and purse were from Carlisle and Esme, along with a new messenger bag for when I started school in three days.

I put on my new sexy underwear, dress and shoes. I folded my jeans and t-shirt, putting them into the gift bag along with my shoes. When I finished putting my clothes away, I walked out of the dressing room slowly, fearful of falling on my ass because of the platform shoes I was wearing. Edward was standing just inside of the reception area, wearing a black suit. His hair was tousled sexily and his body was leaning against the wall. I licked my lips at the sight of him. Yummy.

Clearing my throat, I stood a little taller. Edward turned around and his eyes widened at the sight of me. "Wow," he breathed, walking towards me. "You look absolutely stunning, Bella."

"So do you," I said, reaching up to cup his face. He was slightly stubbly but he looked fucking amazing. "How did I get so lucky?"

"I was about to ask myself the same thing," he said, turning to kiss my palm of my hand. "Oh, I have something for you."

"Edward," I chided.

"Hush, it's not a present. It's accessories for your sexy outfit. I didn't feel comfortable leaving them here," he explained. "Your tanzanite necklace and earrings, baby."

"Can you help me put on the necklace?" I asked.

He nodded and easily fastened it around my neck. I put on my earrings, placing my plumeria necklace and earrings in the box that Edward had carried the tanzanite jewelry in. "You ready, sweet girl?"

"Where are we going for dinner?" I asked.

"Greek Islands," he replied, taking the bag from me. "Then, the show." He gallantly offered me his arm. I eagerly took it, happy to have the extra support of him with my clumsy tendencies. Outside of the spa, my car was parked. Edward assisted me into the passenger seat before tossing my gift bag into the trunk. Gracefully, Edward slipped into the driver's seat and turned over the car. He let out a quiet moan.

"Would you like to be alone with my car, Dr. Cullen?" I teased.

"This is an amazing car, Bella," he said, giving me a smile. "I may have to trade in my Volvo for a black one."

"A black Volvo?" I teased.

"Funny, sweet girl," he deadpanned. "A black Audi..."

"If it's any consolation, you can drive this any time you want. You did buy it," I said, reaching over to twine my fingers with his.

"Be that as it may, it's still your car, Bella," he said. "I'll save my ogling and drooling of this fine vehicle for when you're at work or otherwise occupied." I giggled. He smiled, kissing my knuckles as he expertly drove through the streets of Chicago until we reached Greek Town. Edward used the valet to park the car and we went inside of the restaurant, led by the host to a small private dining room. It was set up for eight people. I looked at Edward, trying to figure out what was going on. "Surprise, baby..."

Rose, Emmett, Carlisle, Esme, Garrett and Alice came out from the other door of the private room. "Happy birthday, Bella!" they all sang. Esme walked over to me, wrapping her arms around me. I accepted her embrace, relishing in a mother's love for a few brief moments.

It was on my birthday that I missed my mom the most. Esme definitely softened the blow for me, but it still wasn't the same. "Happy birthday, Bella," Esme said quietly, running her hand through my curled hair. She pulled back and smiled sweetly at me. "You look lovely, sweetheart."

"Thanks, Esme," I smiled. "Thank you for the shoes and purse."

"That's not all we got you, sweetheart," Esme grinned. "Carl? Do you have Bella's birthday present?"

"I do, love," Carlisle said as he handed me a heavy gift bag. "Consider it more than just a birthday present...it's a welcome to grad school present, too."

"Did you get her what we talked about?" Edward asked his dad.

"I did and then some," Carlisle winked.

"Thank you," I said gratefully. "I don't know what it is but I appreciate it very much."

"You can open it up after dinner, Bella," Carlisle said.

"Mine, too," Alice said as she handed me an ornately wrapped gift. She hugged me before dancing back to Garrett. He gave me a smirk before guiding Alice to the chair.

Rose and Emmett came over to me, hugging me tightly. "The dress looks awesome, Bella," Rose said. "You look like a true pin-up. Eddie is going to have so much fun with you tonight after the show."

I blushed. "Rose!"

"It's true," she giggled. Her green eyes were filled with mirth, completely different from the vacant expression in them a few days ago. "Also, I got you a present in addition to the dress. Us, girls are going to go on a weekend getaway over the weekend of Halloween to Napa Valley. You, me, Alice, Cynthia, and Mom. I invited Angela but she's not allowed to fly."

"I've never been to California," I breathed.

"I've been once," Rose said. "It's beautiful. Especially Napa."

"It'll be so much fun," Alice grinned from her spot next to Garrett. I nodded eagerly, wanting to go right now but knowing that it won't happen since we've got roughly six weeks before we go.

"My present isn't as cool as Rosie's but I'm proud of it," Emmett said. "It's for your car." He handed me an envelope. I was curious and opened it. Inside was a certificate to get my sound system enhanced and to have an anti-theft device installed. "Gotta have good tunes with that fuckhot car." Rose huffed, smacking his arm. "What? It's an amazing vehicle. I was drooling over it when Edward bought it after their trip to Hawaii."

"We got back from Hawaii a month ago," I said.

"We did, sweet girl. On one of the days when you were on and I was off, Emmett and I went to various car dealerships to find the perfect vehicle for you. We found it at the Audi lot. However, it needed to be ordered and made to the specifications that I wanted for you. It took a few weeks for it to be delivered. However, I wasn't sure if you wanted this sound system. Emmett was adamant that you would, but I wouldn't let him get it installed. Do you want it?"

"Oh yeah!" I replied, beaming at Emmett. "My only other car was a beater Ford Escort that only played AM radio."

"Well, then, I'll call my friend to let him know that we're a go for your enhanced speakers, subwoofer and such," Emmett said, kissing my cheek. "Happy birthday, Bella."

We all settled into our seats and ordered some appetizers, wine and other Greek delicacies. Carlisle, Garrett and Edward were talking doctor stuff. Rose was chattering with me and Alice about her classes. Emmett was listening to Esme drone on about some huge renovation project she had just accepted.

After our appetizers, the server asked for our dinner orders. Once they were delivered, we all stopped talking because of our mouths being occupied from all of the delicious food. My gyro was delicious. I never had one before but always wanted to try it. Edward had some chicken dish that was as equally delicious. We wrapped our remaining food and the waiter rolled out a small birthday cake. He lit the candle, placing the blue cake in front of me. My family sang to me.

It was awful.

The only one in tune was Edward. The rest sounded like dying hyenas. They finished singing and I blew out the candle placed on top of the scrumptious looking cake. My wish was for happiness...lots and lots of happiness. With a side of confidence. The cake was devoured, mostly by Emmett. He ate nearly half of it. The two slices that were left, were boxed up for Edward and me for tomorrow. I fully intended on eating it for lunch.

It was damn good cake.

Chocolate mousse cake with raspberry filling and all sorts of deliciousness.

I opened my presents once the table was cleared away. I already knew that Emmett was going to trick out my car with a sick sound system. Rose already told me about her present. So, that left Carlisle and Esme's gift along with Alice's. I reached for Alice's first since it was closest to me. I tore open the box and found a set of new journals inside along with the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition. Alice explained that I'll need it once I start my clinicals. I hugged her and thanked her for the journals and the book. Tucked inside was a card from Garrett. I shot him a look. He just shrugged. In addition to the silly gift he gave me yesterday, he also got me a two year subscription to various psychiatric and psychological journals.

My last set of gifts were from Carlisle and Esme. From Esme, she got me an iPad mini in white. Carlisle got me a Macbook Pro with all of the bells and whistles. They explain to me that Rose got the same thing when she entered medical school. Jasper and Edward received something similar when they started their higher degrees of education. Esme said that she wanted the best for all of her children, giving me a warm, loving, motherly smile. I got up and hugged her tightly. "Thank you," I whispered against her ear. "Thank you for making me feel...wanted."

"You always will be, Bella," she whispered back, cupping my face with her hand. "I love you. We all do." A few tears leaked out of my eyes. "Now, no crying, Bella. You look so beautiful and I don't want my ass to be kicked by my oldest son for making his girl cry."

"Mom, I'd never do that," Edward quipped, snaking his arm around my waist. "Give you the evil eye? Yes. Kick your ass? Nope. I'll leave that to the expert ninja, Garrett."

Garrett narrowed his blue eyes, making low sounds that made him sound like a fool but I think he was trying imitate the sounds of a ninja. Dude, ninjas are silent...Alice elbowed him and whispered something in Garrett's ear. He blushed and grinned goofily.

"Well, we're going to go to the theater. Mom, can you put Bella's presents into the house or keep them at your place?" Edward asked.

"We'll drop them off on the way home," Carlisle said. "You two have fun at the musical. We've seen it and it's hysterical. A bit inappropriate but funny. Did you know that the guys who wroteSouth Park wrote this? I had to find a few episodes on YouTube to understand the humor. Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo? I nearly soiled myself."

"Carl, too much," Esme hissed.

"Yes, um, sorry," Carlisle said as he settled back in his chair.

Edward shook his head as he intertwined our fingers together. With hugs all around, we thanked everyone for my impromptu birthday celebration and left to go to the Bank of America Theater to see the musical, The Book of Mormon. At the theater, Edward bought a program, t-shirt and some other mementos to commemorate our time at the show. I'd never been to a live theatrical production. I'd always wanted to go but money was always a deterrent. I didn't have any. Now, that wasn't the case. I was still frugal but I wasn't stressed about making my electric payment or worried that my heat was going to be turned off.

The show was, indeed, hysterical. I got a bit more of it than Edward. He never saw South Park. He was too busy studying when it hit its high point. He did enjoy the music but the premise of the show was a bit lost on my cerebral, analytical boyfriend. Our seats were amazing, located about thirteen rows back on the main floor on one of the aisles in the center of the theater. I couldn't even fathom how he got these tickets. The show had been sold out for months.

When I asked him afterward, he said that Dr. Volturi got the tickets initially but couldn't make it to the show due to some unforeseen scheduling conflict and offered them up for sale to the staff. Edward swiped them up as soon as he saw the date and the cost. I made a mental note to write a thank you note to Dr. Volturi. Yes, he didn't give us the tickets, but he did provide the opportunity.

We drove back to the brownstone after the show, chattering about it and Edward promising to take me to more musicals. I eagerly agreed to it. It was so nice to dress up and see the show. Parking my car, Edward helped me out of the passenger seat. His warm hands took my face and gently guided me to look into his eyes. Sparkling behind his green orbs was love, adoration and happiness. "Did you have a wonderful birthday, Bella?"

"Very much so, Edward," I said, standing on my tiptoes to kiss him. "It's been the best birthday I've had in a long, long time."

"Well, I want to end your birthday on a high note," he purred. "I want to hear you scream my name as I make love to you, sweet girl. I want to fulfill every one of your fantasies like you fulfilled mine on my birthday." He licked his lips. "Give me three fantasies that you want, my birthday girl and I will do my best to make them happen."

"Can I think about them?" I asked, looking up at him coyly.

"You have until I get upstairs to make your decision," he said, leaning down to kiss me softly. "I want to make a few phone calls to ensure that we are not disrupted tomorrow and check on Jasper. He's a bit of a mess."

"Okay," I said as I turned to go inside. Edward's strong arms banded around my middle. I let out a squeak. His lips met my earlobe, earning a breathy whimper from me.

"Three things, my sexy birthday girl. Oh, and you are to be naked on that bed. I want to see all of your sexy body," he growled, nipping at my skin. "Go." He lightly swatted my ass and I scampered up to the bedroom. Upstairs, I moved to the bathroom to remove my dress. I could hear Edward's baritone voice wafting up to our room as he spoke to whomever on the phone. I hung up my dress in our closet and stepped out of my blue peep toe heels. Finally, I removed my bra and panties, putting them into the hamper. I stopped and stood in front of the full length mirror, appraising my body.

I was still plump. I had a fairly large chest, size D boobs. My arms were fairly toned but that was from all of the lifting I did as a nurse. My stomach was too big, in my opinion but I could see the change from when first met Edward. It was smaller and the pooch above my girlie bits wasn't as pronounced. The biggest change in me was in my legs. I'd always had long legs but now they were shapely and muscular. Was I happy with my body? Not really. I definitely was more comfortable in my own skin but I still didn't like what I saw in the mirror.

I was so focused on the girl in the mirror that I didn't hear Edward come up the stairs. He stood behind me and his mossy green eyes darkened with lust. "Hmmmm, I think I told you to be on the bed but this is sooooo much better," he crooned.

"Edward," I whimpered.

"No, Bella. I want you to see what I see. I want you to see what I do to your body as I make you wet; as I make you come," he said as he shrugged out of the suit jacket. "Then, I'll ask for your three fantasies. But first, I want to play with my girl." He pulled up a bench from the closet and gestured for me to sit. I sat down, biting my lip. Edward unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it onto the ground, revealing his lean, toned chest. He lowered himself to his knees and took my face in his hands. "Trust me, sweet girl."

"It's just..." I said, pointing to the mirror.

"You're just the most beautiful woman in the world and I want you to see what I see," he said, arching a brow. "Watch as I make you come, Bella. I want you to see your skin flush the most exquisite shade of pink. I want you to see your glistening pussy as I kiss your lips. I want you to see the look of rapture on your face as you come." He leaned forward and kissed my mouth. His lips were soft and insistent on mine. My eyes fluttered shut as I twined my fingers through his thick hair. His lips didn't stay on mine for too long as he kissed down my neck. One of his hands cupped my breast, tweaking and twisting my nipple. "Watch," he commanded.

"Edward," I choked out.

He pulled back and his eyes were serious. "Watch, Bella. Trust me," he insisted as he kissed me hard and deep. I moaned, allowing his tongue into my mouth. His hands moved to my breasts again. His mouth moved down my neck before taking purchase on my right nipple. His eyes were looking up at me. I watched him with rapt attention as he suckled, nibbled and toyed with my nipple until it was bright pink from his attention. He kissed across my chest until he reached my other nipple and gave it the same treatment. "So fucking beautiful," he murmured against my creamy skin. "Lean back, sweet girl."

I leaned onto my elbows as he moved between my legs. He propped one leg up onto the bench and the other was moved so my pussy was on full display for him and for me as well. "Is this turning you on?" Edward asked. "You so very wet, my love."

Weird as it sounded, I was turned on. Very self-conscious but aroused at the erotic things that Edward was doing to me. In front of a mirror. I bit my lip and looked down at him, nodding ever so slightly. "Good," he purred as he spread my legs further. "Look at yourself as I fuck you with my tongue."

"Shit," I breathed. "Edward..."

"Hmmmm, you like it when I talk dirty," he said as he stared at my bared pussy. "It's pouring out of you, sweet girl." His fingers inched closer to my folds and I could see all of my juices glistening on my lower lips and inner thighs. He parted my lips, staring at me hungrily. "That cake was delicious but this, this is so much better." He leaned forward and plunged his tongue inside of me.

"FUCK!" I spat. Edward just chuckled quietly as he devoured my body. I couldn't not look away from the mirror. It was like my very own live porno starring the sexiest man and his chubby sidekick. I ignored my body and focused on what Edward was doing to my pussy. He was growling, snarling and tongue fucking me. Twining my fingers into his hair, I held his face to my body.

He pulled away and I could see on his face, evidence of my arousal. His lips were swollen from our kissing and they were covered with my juices. He licked them slowly as he ran his finger along my slit. "I want you to come all over my face, Isabella. I want to taste every ounce of your release. Do. Not. Hold. Back." He slipped his fingers inside of me, thrusting with each word he said. My hips bucked against his hand. "Douse me. Cover me. Give it all to me, Isabella. And watch as you come. It's a sight to behold, my fucking sexy girl."

With another low growl, he kissed my mouth. His fingers curled upward in my pussy. I ground against his hand as he moved his long fingers inside. As soon as the kiss started, he was back between my legs, licking at my clit with new fervor. My hips moved in concert with his hand and his tongue. From the mirror, I didn't look like me. I looked like a sex goddess, undulating under the power of her lover's expert touch. I was writhing for release. I was panting excitedly for the pleasure that Edward was willingly giving me. His never left mine as I watched me...us...in the mirror. My body moving uncontrollably. His back, formed like an Italian sculpture, tense as he pounded his hand inside of me.

It was too much.

Sensory overload.

"Edward! Edward! Edward!" I screamed as I bucked against him. "I'm...holy FUCK! Baby! I'm going...ARGH!"

He moved back as my body, which was coiled so tightly, sprung free. A stream of my release coated Edward's face and chest as I screamed in pure ecstasy. I collapsed onto the bench, breathing heavily as Edward languidly pumped his fingers in and out of me. "That was fucking amazing, Bella. Did you see yourself? Did you see how amazingly beautiful, hot and sexy you are?" I nodded and looked at him, giving him a slow, seductive grin. "Do you know what your fantasies are? What do you want from me?"

"I want you to fuck me in front of this mirror," I said, without even realizing what I had said. Bitch, say what?

"I was hoping you'd say that," Edward smirked as he quickly divested himself of his pants and boxers. He helped me up and sat down in my spot. "Sit on my lap, baby, facing the mirror."

"I don't know...you got me in a post coital moment," I hedged.

"Don't you want to see me make love to you? See my cock go inside of your beautiful, sexy, curvy and perfect body?" he crooned, running his fingers up and down my thigh. "Fuck, baby, I want to see your face when I fill you with my dick, feeling every inch of your pussy." His hand reached my hand, tugging me towards his lap. He turned me around and guided me over his body. "Spread your legs, Isabella."

"Jesus," I whimpered, my skin flaming from arousal and embarrassment. Watching in the mirror, Edward's hand was pumping his cock as I lowered my body to his. Evidence of my own excitement was on my thighs and between my legs, glistening in the warm light of the closet. My clit was hard, poking from my folds, begging for more attention.

"Bella, I need you," Edward pleaded. "Please, let me love you." I bit my lip and felt the head of his cock against my body. Edward moaned lowly as he angled his cock inside of me.

"Holy...so good, Edward," I moaned as his length filled me from behind. Also, seeing him added another element of eroticism to our lovemaking. He grunted as he put his hand on my hip, thrusting his body further inside of me. His movement caused my breasts to bounce.

"That's fucking amazing," Edward panted out as he began thrusting in and out of me, watching my breasts bounce thanks to the movement of his hips. "Play with yourself, Bella. I want to see your little hand play with your clit."

"Ungh," I said unintelligently. My right hand reached between my legs. Tentatively, I circled my middle finger on my clit. I'd never watched myself masturbate. Hell, when I did it, save for Edward's birthday, the lights were usually off and I was under the covers of the bed. Even then, I didn't masturbate often. My sex life with Edward was fairly healthy. We were quite the sexual pair. He's still the more aggressive of the two of us, but we both enjoy making love, having sex or fucking on a semi-regular basis. The only time we don't do anything is when I'm having my monthly visitor. Even then, Edward said he wouldn't mind.

I still do not...ewwww...no.

God, I have Edward making love to me and I'm obsessing over masturbation? Something is really wrong with me.

I focused my attention back to Edward and I felt his chest against my back. He was sweating as he leaned back slightly to pound into me. His face was flushed from the exertion he was putting into his thrusts, still making my breasts bounce. My fingers were slipping around my clit. The coil in my belly was tightening. My muscles around his cock were clenching. I was close to coming again. I moved my hand lower, cupping my sex. I could feel Edward slide in and out. The sound of his skin slapping mine, the wetness coating our bodies and the smell of our coupling...it was all bringing me closer and closer to the brink.

"Bella, please come, sweet girl," Edward begged as he squeezed my hip. "Please? Please? Oh, baby, please come. I'm so fucking close."

I began rocking with Edward as I pinched my clit. The combination of that, my hand and Edward's expert thrusting caused my body to seize up in pleasure. I was screaming loudly as my body reacted. I squirted a little bit as I came, soaking Edward's thighs. Eventually, he stopped moving in me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Are you a believer yet?"

"Of what?" I breathed, looking back at him.

"That you're beautiful when you come?" he said, smiling sweetly.

"I'll admit that I'm beautiful but right now, I'm sweaty and somewhat gross," I giggled. "So are you, Dr. Cullen. Get a workout?"

"Shit, my abs will be feeling this tomorrow but it was so fucking worth it," he snickered. "Shall we shower?"

"Let's take a bath and it fulfills my second fantasy," I grinned. "A bubble bath with my beloved."

"Awww," he crooned, kissing me lovingly. "You're my beloved girl, Bella. Always."

"I love you, too."

xx APFL xx

The next morning, Edward and I snuggled with each other until mid-afternoon. We would have stayed in bed longer but Esme called, saying that she was going to drop off our leftovers and my presents. Begrudgingly, we got dressed and ate a late lunch while we waited for her. After she dropped off my presents from last night, she left to have a Sunday afternoon date with Carlisle. Based off the impish grin she had on her face, she and Carlisle were going to have sexy times. Not that I blamed her. Edward and I did the same.

I fulfilled my final fantasy...on the kitchen counter.

After our tryst on the counter, Edward helped me set up my Macbook and iPad mini. I already had a laptop, which was now for pleasure and enjoyment. My Macbook was for school and for professional matters. On the computer, was the latest rendition of Microsoft Office and an online subscription to several professional research search engines. I also loaded up my iTunes so I could access that while I studied or worked.

Edward and I made some dinner and decided to watch a movie before going to bed. I prepared my messenger bag for my first day of class on Tuesday and picked up my journal while he watched some shoot-em-up movie on cable.

September 15th, 2013

I'm another year older, folks. Happy birthday to me! However, unlike last year, I'm celebrating my birthday as opposed to hiding from it.

A year ago today, I was at work, scrubbing some homeless person of their three years of grime, maggots and filth. Once I got home from work, I had to deal with the emotional torture by my dad. He belittled me, threw beer bottles at me and called me a fat ass and unworthy. Once he went to bed, I cried myself to sleep, upset that he hadn't even acknowledged my birthday. He just called me his favorite insults...

Worthless offspring.

Waste of space.

Fat ass.

Good for nothing daughter.

Nothing...

Nothing...

That's what I felt like: nothing. Last year was the lowest of the low for me. Well, until I met a kind, sweet, generous doctor, who finally showed me what I was truly worth.

I'm NOT a worthless offspring. I'm a smart, motivated and ambitious nurse.

I'm NOT a waste of space. I'm a hard-worker with a good heart.

I'm NOT a fat ass. I'm working on myself. Am I as thin as I want to be? No, but I'm healthier than I was before.

I'm NOT a good for nothing daughter. My father was a good for nothing sperm donor who used me but no more.

I'mNOT nothing.

I'm everything. I am worthy of love, hope, happiness and joy. Now, Edward has been so incredibly patient but this year he gave me the greatest gift of them all.

Self-worth.

It seems ludicrous that someone has given me that gift but it was his constant praise and cheerleading that finally kick-started my brain. He wasn't the panacea of all of my problems, but he certainly helped in more ways than I even can't fathom or even imagine.

Do I regress and have emotional moments? Yes. God, the past few weeks have been a rollercoaster. First, we had Rose's trial. Thank goodness for a positive outcome with that. She will never have to deal with that monster again. Then, my nightmare...still trying to figure that one out. I know I overreacted but my rational mind could not function until I heard from Edward. It was completely irrational. I should have had better control over my emotions but I couldn't...not with Garrett's help, my medications or my usual coping mechanisms. Finally, my fear of whatever is totally phasing me.

Something in my gut is telling me that something bad is going to happen. Really bad. My fear is that my nightmare is going to come to fruition. Edward laughs it off. Alice thinks I'm being melodramatic. Rose and Emmett are worried but think that my mind is playing tricks with me: nothing will happen. The only two people who think that something is really going to happen are Angela and Garrett. Angela agrees with me since she's just paranoid and Garrett saw me after my breakdown.

Perhaps I am being paranoid and overly cautious, but I can't shake whatever is eating me. No denying it, I'm terrified.

For now, though, I'll keep my terror to myself. It may very well be in my head...

"Do you want to drive together to work?" Edward asked innocently. His green eyes indicated that he did and to drive my car.

"I think my appropriate response would be yes since you want to tool around in my little roadster," I giggled, closing my journal. "Seriously, Edward, you can have my car and I'll stick with public transportation."

"Shit, Bella. I'm sorry. I don't want to make you feel...it's your car. I'll shut up," he hedged, a pink blush spreading over his cheeks.

"Relax, Edward," I said, cuddling up against him. "Of course I want to drive to work with you. However, I'm driving. Not you, kay?"

"That works," he replied, giving me a crooked grin. "You ready for bed?"

"In a little bit," I said. "I want to check my email and make sure that I have everything ready for my first day of classes on Tuesday."

"Don't stress, sweet girl," he assured me. "You will be awesome and I have every faith in you."

"Thank you," I whispered, kissing his lips. He deepened our kiss before pulling away to go upstairs. I quickly re-read my journal entry before I double checked my bag for my books, notebooks and several pencils. I was barely through the bedroom door before Edward dragged me to bed, making love to me until we both collapsed in exhaustion.

When the alarm went off the following, I stumbled to the shower. I washed my body and blew dry my hair. Edward was just getting up when I was putting on my makeup. He kissed my neck before mumbling a sleepy good morning and I love you.

Breakfast was quiet, consisting of the news being played in the background while we drank our coffee and ate our food. We worked together on doing the dishes and then got into my car. A short ride to the hospital, I was parked in the furthest spot from the door again and we started our shift.

The morning was pretty slow. It wasn't until after one that the ER began picking up. Some grilling accidents and random acts of debauchery filled the waiting room. Before we knew it, the waiting room was filled and all of our treatment rooms, save for our trauma rooms, were occupied by patients. Edward and Garrett called in extra staff that were available, but it was still standing room only. Clearly, we were not going to leave the ER anytime soon. Edward was determined to get the waiting area cleared before anyone was going to go home. The only person who was sent home at the end of her shift was Angela. She was cranky and ready to put her feet up. So, he let her go.

As she left, she sent us a text stating that there were two men in the waiting room who were raising shit about being left to wait in the waiting room. Edward and Garrett decided to check on the rabble-rousers, see if they could placate them. I followed them, to get the next patient.

In the waiting room, I heard two voices that I thought I'd never hear again...

"Took you long enough," one growled.

The distinct cocking of a hammer filled the waiting room, causing the entire room to silence. "You, blondie and my fat-ass daughter, inside or everyone here dies," my father snarled.

A/N: Don't hate me...please don't hate me. I'm ending it there. However, I promise to work on this to resolve this quickly. (I have an update planned for another fic that will take me a day or less to write and then back to this...). As a result, I'm not going to post a 'teaser' in the author's note. I'm going to have an update for this by this weekend. Scouts honor and all that jazz! ;-)

Anyhow, pictures are on my blog for Bella's birthday. The link is in my profile. Check it out! Also, find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.5K 2.7K 46
Bella is a recent divorcee, reeling from the abrupt ending of her marriage. In walks a certain green-eyed stranger. Can he convince her trust and lov...
141K 6.5K 176
Isabella Swan, an up and coming graphic artist, lived in the heart of the Gold Coast in Chicago. She was comfortable in her brownstone, left to her b...
39.1K 1.5K 36
Isabella Swan moved away from the world she's known, trying to move on from the loss of her parents and raising her baby sister, Katie. She's always...
15.5K 979 24
Your boss offer you a promotion of a lifetime and gives you time to think about it. But something happens on the flight to a big meeting. The je...