better now > sequel to neighb...

By evieiou

As the journey continues, Mae has accepted her faith and it's time to move on. Harry realises perhaps he has... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
TEN
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
TWENTY
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
Twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
THIRTY
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
FORTY
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
FIFTY
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
Fifty Four
Fifty five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
SIXTY
Epilogue
spin off

thirty five

106 3 0
By evieiou

It was the first day back to school after Christmas break and I was so excited to have a routine back again. The last week was spent with Harry, Noah and Annabel tearing the hotel room apart, movie days, car adventures and Harry going on dates as I watched Noah.

And yes, I had convinced Alex to go along with being my boyfriend. It took a lot of convincing but when I told him I'd tell people I cheated on the bet and he really won, he was ecstatic. So now, Harry and I had a double lunch date at noon with our new lovers.

I was focused on getting Ana to school first. I brushed through her curly hair gently and began to braid it, to tame the frizz after her shower. She played with her Barbie in her hand as I told her about our moving plans for next week. I managed to secure a two bed apartment for us both. Rent was cheap enough and Harry said he wanted to pay me child support every week which - I gladly accepted. Although he basically gives me cash for nothing anyways. That was gonna have to stop.

I fixed Annabel's uniform quickly and squealed randomly, "You're so cute!" I gushed, pulled her into me.

"Mum.." she whined. She pushed me back and fixed her hair as I rolled my eyes. "I don't want to be late. Jennifer and I want to sit beside each other on the bus." She told me. I nodded and grabbed our coats, making sure I had packed her lunch and whatever else she needed.

Her pink school bag was slung over her shoulders and we both walked down to the lobby, Ana saying good morning to the staff she had grown to love. I smiled at them all, saying hello to Joan the receptionist. I never talk to her but she sees me at my worst and never judges so, I like her.

Ana and I walked a few minutes hand in hand. It was freezing out and I tried to convince her to let me put her ear muffs on her but she wasn't having it. Eventually we reached her bus stop, where a few other kids were waiting and I knelt down in front of her while fixing her coat.

"I love you, have a good day. Eat your lunch and drink your water." I reminded her with a kiss on the forehead, she then rubbed off my spit in disgust. I half smiled and rubbed my thumb over her cheek.

"Love you Mum, see you later!" She cheered, running off to her friends. I stood back and waited for the bus to come. She waved me off as it left and I waved back, watching the bus disappear eventually and made my way back. I had three hours to get ready for a fake date.

When I got back to the room, I showered and picked out a casual jean outfit with a white sweater, a pink handbag over my arm. I looked extremely girls and different as I put my pearl earrings in and fixed my lipgloss but I had no time to overthink before there was a knock on the door.

Alex stood behind it with his hands shoved in his pockets. I looked him up and down and sighed. "You can't wear that!" I yelled.

He was sporting grey tracksuit bottoms and a white T-shirt that clung to his perfectly fit body- stop it, Mae. He's gross.

He threw his hands up in the air. "What am I supposed to wear? We're going for lunch- not meeting the queen."

I looked around the hallway then yanked him inside. "Wait here, I'll get you something."

I walked to my room and to the drawers where Harry kept spare clothes when he spent the night. When I think about it, it's probably weird that my ex-baby daddy is so close to me but it was Harry. He wasn't weird.

I pulled out black skinny jeans and one of Harry's button down shirts for work, it was just white.

Marching out to Alex, he was standing by the couch on his phone and I shoved the clothes in his hands. He took them and without protest, went to change.

When he came back I was relieved. Not only did they fit but he looked nice for once and I wanted Harry to be jealous. I mean, there's no point in lying, I figured I'm just doing this to get a reaction out of him.

I smiled, "You look good."

Alex raised his brows and walked to the door, I followed. "Don't get any ideas, love."

"Wow, ok. Just tryna be nice." I told him. I locked the door and we headed to his car. Thank god he had a car.

"I'm finally gonna be able to ask Harry for a promotion." He sighed in happiness. I crossed my arms as he drove us through the town, my brows furrowed. "This is a date, not a meeting. Don't you dare."

When we arrived, I felt nervous again. I saw Harry's car parked by the front so asked Alex to park at the back. Walking towards the restaurant, I almost turned away.

"I don't want to." I admitted to Alex.

He looked at me confused, then slid his phone away. "What, why?"

I rubbed my hands together nervously and bit the inside of my cheek. "I feel nervous. I don't know why." I told him. Alex's features softened and his mouth parted, forming an 'o'

"I get it." He smiled. He took my hand and we began walking again. I was so confused. "You like Harry and you don't want to meet his girlfriend." He spoke casually.

I stared at him, slightly taken back and shook my head no. Then yes. "I don't know, maybe?"

"Look," he paused outside the place. "He's watching us. Act casual. I get this, I've been in this situation before and it sucks so just let me work my shit and you'll be riding his dick in no time." He smiled. I smiled nervously, my mind thinking that if Harry could see us he could hear. Then I remembered he couldn't.

"Not what I think I want but okay, I trust you." I told him, both of us now walking in.

"Mae wants Harry's coc-"

I slapped his arm before he could finish and we both held a false smile before walking to Harry's table. He was alone and I stared at him confused, also confused that he was wearing a shirt with small sex positions printed all over it. I bought it for him.

"Where's the chick?" Alex asked, taking a seat.

Harry rose his brows and looked to me, I just asked the same question and sat beside Alex, opposite the empty seat.

"She's in the bathroom, she should be back soon." He told us. I nodded and shrugged off my jacket, asking Alex to put it on the empty seat beside him.

"So...how long has this been going on?" Harry asked us. We both looked at him like deers caught in a headlight.

"A month."

"Two months."

We answered at the same time then looked at one another as if to say, 'What the hell?' Harry wasn't convinced.

Alex laughed. "I asked her out two months ago but only been a thing for about a month." He told him. Harry nodded and I sighed in relief, until I heard obnoxiously loud laughed flow from behind me. I turned around, eyeing the loud brunette that was apologizing to a waiter and whistled lowly.

"She seems annoying." I mumbled. Harry purses his lips together and smiles, "Emma,"

I turned again; the brunette turning and waving over at us. She starts walking over quickly and I take her in. She's wearing a black strapless tube top and high waisted jean shorts that showed off her thick thighs and curvaceous figure. She was lovely, but annoying, and as her loud voice rang loudly I looked to Harry with wide eyes. "Please say that's not her."

He only smiled knowingly and she came over, hugging me from behind. "This must be Maelyn, I've heard so much about you!" She practically yelled in my ear. I smiled and looked to Alex for help, he was busy laughing.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." I shook her hand and she went to sit opposite me.

Like a magnet, Harry's arm slid around her waist and I leaned back in my seat. "So, are we ready to order?" Alex asked.

We all ordered our food and when it came I silently ate while Harry and Alex chatted. Emma was trying to converse with me but I was bored of her, she was so fake. Her obnoxious tone filled my ears then deafened them to the point I switched off.

"Mae!" Alex yelled. I snapped out of my trance and looked at him, he just snickered. "I said, you have a daughter with Harry, right?"

I looked from my food to Harry, who looked slightly worried. He must not have told Emma about our past, which was fine. He probably was waiting for a better time. I shook my head, "like a daughter. Harry helps me a lot with raising her and expenses- she's like his daughter." I corrected. Harry's eyes connected with mine and as much as it hurt me to lie, his relieved expression put me at ease as he mouthed a thank you.

"That's so cute! My Harry is a great guy, that doesn't even surprise me." She gushed. She kissed his cheek and he watched her in awe. I think it hit me then that I was being selfish and I wanted to back out, Harry, my best friend, was trying to be happy for once and I was trying to ruin it. I always made it about myself.

I was about to excuse Alex and I and leave them two in peace but Alex took my hand and started playing with my fingers. It was a simple yet calming gesture- which I appreciated, considering I was freaking out.

"You okay?" He asked me. I nodded and looked out the window beside us.

"I think we better go, I have to help Emma pick up her parents from the airport." Harry announced. He stretched out and pat his stomach, shooting me a sly wink.

Confused, I nodded and stood up. As we all walked out after paying, Alex surprised me again by holding my hand, which seemed to surprise Harry too as he looked from our hands to my face with mixed expressions.

"See you," I told him. He nodded and we waved each other off.

"That was so fucking weird," I told Alex as we walked to his car.

"Agreed. It was so awkward too, you're such a killjoy." He replied. He unlocked his car and we got in.

"Killjoy? I was bored! You and Harry were talking about business and she was telling me how much she loved Harry. Like what the fuck?"

Alex laughed and took off, coincidentally ending up driving behind Harry for a few minutes until they turned off onto the freeway and Alex headed to the hotel.

"It's cute how much you like him. I always thought it was the opposite way around, but I guess not." He grinned.

"I don't even know if I like him. It's all mixed up." I admitted. Alex was turning out to be a great temporary therapist.

"Are you jealous of Emma or annoyed by her?" He asked, parking the car.

I turned to face him. "Both."

"Then you have feelings for Harry. Simple. And I'll help you win him over," He told me.

"But he's happy." I groaned out, opening the car door. Alex grabbed my wrist and I looked to him over my shoulder.

"He's dick whipped. That girl has no personality but a banging body- his dick is happy and that's all." He told me. I nodded, finding some sense in his words.

"You have a good personality and I mean, your body is fine." He shrugged.

I scoffed. "Thanks.."

"No," Alex shook his head and offered a sweet smile. "I didn't mean it like that. Like you have a nice body- "

"Ok, but?"

"What?" He stares at me confused.

"There must be a but," I explained.

"Or lack there of.." he smirked.

I gasped and gave him the finger, hopping out of his dirty ass car.

"I'm kidding- you have a nice ass. I'm only teasing you."

I was frustrated at this point. "Keep my ass out of it, thanks for the ride. Bye." I slammed the car door shut and walked to the front doors.

I need to do some squats.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 7 7
Sequel to Misjudged The journey of building the perfect family continues as Louis and Lauren grow together while raising Rosemary. It all starts with...
13M 346K 40
My thoughts you can't decode.. Sequel : Escape Route.
85.1K 2.4K 51
"Sequel of sister styles" Everyone deals with a heart break differently. Darcy styles decides a path that the boys don't think they can get her out o...
215K 4.9K 35
{Sequel to "Louis Tomlinson Saved Me} Louis and Ali's journey is yet to be over. Louis just got Ali back for good and they couldn't be happier. But t...