The Twisted Tale of A Towel H...

By InayaSher

Salma was your average hijabi. She was modest, polite... sometimes and very strict with her grades. That is u... More

Chapter 1 Project Pals
Chapter 2 The New Guy
Chapter 4 Mall Mischief
Chapter 5 Mungnis and Toddlers
Chapter 6 Mission break out
Chapter 7- Tragedy ail
Chapter 8 Pep talks and Pools
Chapter 9 CPR with a side of sniffles
Chapter 10 Newguy and Playboy
Chapter 11: Apple juice and Bollywood
Chapter 12 Locker rooms with RED!!!
PRAY FOR PAKISTAN!!
Chapter 14 Pakistani Idol?!
Chapter 15 Bilal's Surprise
Chapter Entry Contest

Chapter 3 Supply Shopping

313 23 9
By InayaSher

Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning I instantly looked at my alarm clock.

12:00

Good I had plenty if time before Ashton gets here. only one thing, I forgot to tell mom about Ashton coming over.

I flung out of bed and ran over to my parents room.

My mom was reading a book and my dad was still sleeping.

"Um hey mom, can a friend come over today? We have a group project to do."

My mom looked up and fixed her reading glasses.

" Sure, what's her name?"

"Um it's not a girl it's a guy, but it only for a project! besides he's a jerk anyways."

My mom eyes widen but softened quickly.

" I trust you Mano, and since it is a school project this boy can come over but remember."

Her face was stern and it knew exactly what that meant.

" Yes mom, I understand! you can trust me!"

It sounded like I was begging for Ashton to come over but really I just wanted to start on the project so we can cover up as much as we can.

" I do trust you, now when is this boy coming over?"

" In a few hours so I better go get ready." I said before rushing to my room to change.

I took out a white hijab and loose baby blue top. after slipping my shirt on I got out a white skirt and a black belt to put around my waist.

I pinned my hijab with a blue flower and dusted my face with loose powder.

Nice.

Since I still haven't ate any breakfast I went to the kitchen to get some fruit loops.

I scrolled through my phone while eating my cereal.

Nothing interesting.

" Hey mom should we work in my room or in the dining room?"

I yelled from the kitchen so she could here from her bed room.

" Any where you like, but remember to keep the door open in your bedroom if you do work there."

After putting my dishes away I went to the living room to get set because there is no way that i want Ashton and me to be alone in my room even though the door is open and my family is here.

After setting all the supplies and any other needed equipment to start the project I decided to do whatever I do on a regular Saturday while waiting for Ashton's arrival.

I went on my phone, read, cleaned my room, helped my mom cook and clean etc...

I did my chores but didn't realize what time it was.

2:40

How come he's not here yet?

I started to look through the things that the media talks about most only getting 3 down.

Health

Sports

Gas prices

I didn't have time to jot any more ideas down because I heard the sound of a doorbell ring. I looked at my phone to see the time.

3:00

Ashton's late, I better hope that's him.

I opened the door to see Ashton standing There, his hands in his pockets and his hair Jelled like usual.

He was wearing black jeans with a loose, white tank top.

He looked real good.

" Hey Salma."

I kept the door open with one had and the other in my hip.

"How come your late?"

" Oh sorry! I told you I might be a little late but I guess you fell asleep when in texted you that."

Oh yeah

" Well your here now so what ever."

I said before opening the door fully, letting him In.

" Nice house."

Compared to his this would be a doll house I bet.

I walked over to the kitchen because you have to go through it to get to the dining room.

I saw Dado and Ami cooking and when they saw us they put on their best English accents and greeted Ashton with smiles and such.

" Oh you must be Salma's partner! I'm Aisha, Salma's mom and this is her grandmother, Jamilah but you can call get Dado just like Salma does."

Ashton all of a sudden became this angel and started chitchating to my mom and Dado.

" Mmmm. Aisha what are you making? it smells absolutely delicious!."

My mother smiled and invited him to see and taste what she was making which was apparently ' Thala va Behghan' which literally means fried eggplants.

" Oh Ashton you should of came earlier! the snacks I made for you guy are setting cold and won't taste as good and Salma here was waiting all day."

" Oh she was, was she."

He looked at me with a smirk and my face became as pink as bubble gum.

" I did not wait all day for him!"

I practically yelled before realizing I said this in a defensive sort of way which made me redder than i was already.

My mom completely ignored me before ushering us into the dining room where I got all the supplies ready.

" Looks like your all prepared."

Ashton said before taking a seat and I followed.

" Well I woke up early ad decided to get everything ready. I just want this project to be done the best way as possible."

Well 12 was sort of early for me.

He just smirked before picking up a highlighter and fiddling with it.

" What ever you say sweetheart."

" Can you please stop saying that!"

I huffed and then grabbed a nearest notebook before righting the title in.

" Why? does it bother you?"

He said leaning close, and I quickly shimmied away.

" yes it does and besides your babe clones are going to get JELOUSE."

He jerked back with a smile on his face.

" Babe clones?"

" Yeah, the name I gave to all your hook ups."

He just smirked again and slouched back.

I turned in my tablet and started typing .

" So Salma, what's the plan?"

He wrapped his arm around my waist which made me jump. I quickly pushed his arm away before scooting away more.

" Don't touch me."

" Why not?"

He said with another smirk.

I wonder if he ever wipes that thing of his face.

" Because in my religion guys aren't suppose to touch me until I get married and the only one who can is my husband, family and stuff."

He quickly moved away with a confused expression on his face.

" Really? why?"

" Because touching can, um lead to other stuff and that's a no no before marriage."

I felt really awkward telling him all this stuff but I mean anything to stop him from doing anything even if it meant by putting his hand around me.

" Oh, so what about your scarf?"

" What about it?"

" Why do you wear it?"

" It's to cover my hair, so it's supposed to hide my beauty so people take me for who I am, my character and words, which I know these days people only care about your body and stuff."

He stared at me intensely when I talked before slipping his gaze away.

" really. well that's really nice, it's good to see modest girls."

I pretty much rolled my eyes.

Yeah right. If all the girls were modest he wouldn't get any chick action until he's married.

" So only your husband can really see you. like you know."

" Yeah, and family. but well take it as a present. something wonderful is inside and it's for a specific person to see, you know like a birthday present. it's all wrapped up and only that person can unwrap it. Or like a wrapped candy. if one is wrapped and one is not and they both fell in the floor, which one would you take?"

"The wrapped one?"

" Yeah but for you I know you really wouldn't. "

He looked almost hurt but softened because I guess he knew it was true.

" Oh! but I'm not like bragging saying that I'm amazing and gorgeous and stuff, well I mean, everything god makes is beautiful so that includes all human beings."

I saw Ashton listening to every word I said without any remarks or smirks in between.

That's a first

" So any ways let's start on the project."

I said, finally changing the subject.

We tried brain storming ideas and such until Ashton came up with an idea.

" Hey why don't we talk about terrorism. The media do talk about a lot and will have people aware of Muslims."

My heart nearly fell to my stomach and I slipped my gaze away.

I don't understand what is it with everyone and this topic? I mean why are they blaming us on every destruction or problem just because we might be different!

" Hey what's wrong?"

Ashton said, looking closely trying to see my face.

" Why does everyone think that Muslims are terrorist! 93% of the stuff that happens in U.S isn't even by brown people!"

Ashton looked concerned. he's actually concerned for me.

" Why does it have to do with you?"

" Because I'm Muslim, duuuuh! And none of you even know anything about us! Our religion doesn't conduct destruction or anything, it means peace but everyone is ganging up on us and poissoning everyone else's minds with this trash!"

I felt angry. I hate it when people just jump to conclusions and assume that we are terrorists just because we wear hijabi or niqabs or we're just different?

"Look Salma. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't know."

Ashton was apologizing. to me?

" It's okay, it's just that people don't care about us they just shoving nonsense down people's throat. I mean people make mistakes and it doesn't always have to be the religions fault."

He looked at me. his greenish brown eyes were piercing through me.

" I'm sorry, your right, people shouldn't judge things that can Really affect a lot of people. just forget my idea."

I felt bad that I practically scared him.

I mean yeah he's a jerk but he seems really understanding.

" No, I'm sorry I just lashed out at you. tell you what? let's do the terrorist idea. I mean we can tell everyone about not jumping to conclusions and show then what it can do and all the stuff that's happening around the world that many don't know because of the media."

He smiled and it made me smile.

Through out the afternoon we looked up at as much stuff as possible and tried to cover up as much as possible.

After a while my mom came in with lunch when my dad returned home.

Sine we always eat lunch when he comes home.

She brought us the fried eggplants, white rice and dhaal, ( lentil soup)

Ashton dove right in to the foreign food and kept complimenting on how weird yet delicious it tasted.

When we finished the food and were about to work again the Azan ( call to prayer) started playing on our computer up stairs.

It echoed through the house and it nearly made me and Ashton jump out of our seats.

" What's going on? hey I like this beat."

He said while nodding his head in synch to the Azan.

I almost laughed before telling him that it was a call to prayer and he immediately stopped nodding his head.

I went to the washroom to do wudu

( ambulation) before getting the

Ja- namaz ( prayer mat) and setting it towards the qibla.

As I prayed in my room, Ashton sat on my bed watching my every movement.

When I finished he asked me a bunch of questions.

" So you don't say anything or.."

" No, I do say stuff but in my head but you can say it aloud too.

" what do you say?"

" Verses and stuff from the Quran but it's in Arabic and you have to say specific ones at specific times."

After about 5 minutes we got bored of working and just played tic tac toe and tried to find the best strategy to kill the bad piggies on my tablet.

In the middle of our game I saw my brother holding his car keys and making his way to the door.

" Hey, where are you going?"

I asked him when he opened the door.

" To the dollar store to get some stuff. why?"

Maybe me and Ashton could go to get some supplies for the visual and stuff.

" Could we come?"

My brother eyes furrowed and his gaze moved to Ashton.

I had a feeling the he wasn't thrilled about me hanging out with a boy even if it is for a project.

" How come?" my brother asked his keys jingling in his palms.

Ashton looked to me. I guess I should of asked him if he wanted to go first but to late now.

" Oh I was thinking to get some supplies for our project if you let us."

My brother nodded his head and ushered us to follow him in his car.

He told me to sit in the front which I could understand but I felt kind of weird that Ashton was sitting alone in the back.

I closed the door and buckled my seat belt before the engine started and we were off.

I kept the window open since I liked the fast wind hitting my face no matter if it was freezing cold or boiling hot.

My scarf tail fluttered as we drove to the mall.

When we entered the first store I saw was Dollarama and we headed there first.

" Okay, I'll get the glue gun, Bristol board, glue sticks and construction paper while you get The tape, fine tip, glue gun sticks, and gel pens."

I made a list for each of us and shoved his in his hand.

" Now go on and get the stuff, we leave in about an hour or so."

I saw him make his way while I headed towards the arts and craft section.

I skimmed through the shelves looking for my first item.

Construction paper.

I saw a large stack and picked the wad of papers and dumbed it in my basket.

I found the other items and rolled the Bristol board up.

I spent half an hour looking for the glue guns and asked 2 employees but it was no use.

As I made my way to the same ail the employee said for the 3rd time I was met by an astonishing sight.

It reminded me and was very close to what happened when I was late to class.

I saw Ashton and Elizabeth sucking their faces off near the tool section.

Asdfghjkl

What was she doing here?

' Um same thing you are?'

'Yeah but why is it that when I see them, their always glued to each other or are on their way to do so?'

' Hormonal teenagers.'

I talked inside my head for some reason, usually because it helps me sort things out.

Elizabeth, today was wearing a see through white, loose, collared shirt with jean shorts and her blonde hair in a braid.

She was below Ashton like last time and was really all over him. it made me cringe.

So much for going for the wrapped candy. not that I was referring to me.

After a while of trying not to stare I spotted a red glue gun under packets of nails and other junk.

I grabbed it before running out if the ail and towards the cash register.

As I made my way I saw Bilal near the party section filling his basket with paper plate, cups and napkins.

I told Ashton that I would be paying since I was also low on craft supplies.

After waiting for about 5 minutes in line and paying I saw Ashton make his way towards me.

" Here's the money. I'll be outside." I said before walking out of the store and sitting in the mall benches.

I saw Ashton make his way over and then Bilal.

" Had fun on your make out session?"

I said softly so Bilal wouldn't hear.

" Oh you saw?"

" Yeah, a bit too much." I said rolling my eyes.

He smirked

" You were jelouse."

My face turned hot and I quickly whipped my head towards him.

" Don't think that you're all that, besides I like someone else."

Ha! Now how does he feel.

Ha! thinking that I'm JELOUSE! no way not even close.

" You like someone else?who?"

Okay so maybe this isn't such a good idea.

When I said that I liked some one else I think I meant by Ahmed,

OMG I meant Ahmed when I said that i liked someone else! I thought of him when I said that!

Do I like him. no, I mean I only met him once and he is really good looking.

Am I really that shallow?! oh my god I am! I am shallow. why am I shallow!?

" Um you don't know him."

I said, still looking straight.

" Just tell me the dudes name, or girl I'm not judging."

What have I done

" His name is Ahmed but I'm not completely sure that I like him but he is pretty good looking and nice, Sooo yeah."

Why am I telling him this?

" Good Looking, eh? well am I not good looking enough?" he says while flexing his muscles but I just looked straight ahead.

" He's more humble and less of a show off like somebody." I said glaring at him.

He didn't say anything but gave a little shrug.

When we got to the car I sat in my usual seat and opened the window.

As we drove I saw Ashton from the rear view mirror looking at me but then quickly turned his head and looked out the window.

We drove home, silent.

Was it my fault? was Ashton mad?

Maybe I was a bit to rough but it's true.

When we reached home Ashton helped me clean the table for dinner and helped me put the supplies in my room.

After a while it was Maghreb time and he watched me pray.

Soon he said that it was getting late and that he should go home but my mom had other plans.

" Oh Ashton, you are leaving? please stay for dinner, I could fry more eggplants for you if you like?"

" Oh no, please, I have to go home and I don't want to bother you."

My mom and Ashton had a polite argument until he convinced my mom that he had to leave which is a first for my mom.

After dinner I went on the tablet and finished our earlier game of angry birds.

It was still pretty early to go to bed so I decided to go on the computer to watch a movie.

' The Notebook.'

I'm a sucker for romantic films.

As I turned the lights out, Got the popcorn, the blanket and changed into some comfy sweats I pressed play and was sunken into the emotional chick flick.

----------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE!

Hey guys I'm back! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope you kept reading. p.s sorry if this chapter was too short or long one of the two and excuse me for my GRAMMER :p oh and I only got 1 read so far yeah I know that might not be great to you but I just started so one read is the first steps for a thousand. anyways. vote, comment and follow!!

PEACE😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 28K 27
Being a high school Muslim hijabi was already a lot to deal with but add a crazy life and it gets all too messy. Trust me Malak is a badass girl that...
12.4K 229 29
Mila Kunis is a new girl at a new college,but her life gets tumbled with a bad boy with a bad temper.Unfortunately this is exactly what draws Mila in...
95.6K 7.7K 37
'When I first saw you I said Mashallah and then I said Inshallah' ...... "I am so close to smacking your head with this pen now, Don't get on my nerv...
1M 28.5K 31
When Ashley Scott is awoken by her childhood crush, Michael Rivera, it is the furthest thing from a dream come true. Her dream versions of Michael ne...