A Twist of Fate -Derek Hale (...

By derbearfeels

Tessa McCall is bestfriends with brother Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. One night, the three of them go l... More

A Twist of Fate (Derek Hale Love Story)
Season One: Pilot
Seaosn One: Second Chance First Line
Season One: Pack Mentality
Season One: Magic Bullet
Season One: The Tell
Season One: Heart Monitor
Season One: Night School
Season One: Lunatic
Season One: Wolf's Bane
Season One: Co-Captain
Season One: Formality
Season One: Code Breaker
Season Two: Omega
Seaosn Two: Shape Shifted
Season Two: Ice Pick
Season Two: Abomination
Season Two: Venomous
Season Two: Frenemy
Season Two: Restraint
Season Two: Raving
Season Two: Party Guessed
Season Two: Fury
Season Two: Battlefield
Season Two: Master Plan
Season Three: Tattoo
Author's Note
Season Three: Chaos Rising
Season Three: Fireflies
Season Three: Unleashed
Season Three: Frayed
Season Three: Motel California
Season Three: Currents
Season Three: Visionary
Author's Note 2
Season Three: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Season Three: The Overlooked
Season Three: Alpha Pact
Season Three: Lunar Ellipse
Season Three: Anchors
Season Three: More Bad Than Good
Season Three: Illuminated
Season Three: Silverfinger
Season Three: Riddled
Season Three: Letharia Vulpina
Season Three: Echo House
Season Three: The Fox and the Wolf
Season Three: De-Void
Season Three: Insatiable
Season Three: The Divine Move
Season Four: The Dark Moon
Season Four: 117
Season Four: Muted
Season Four: The Benefactor
Season Four: IED
Season Four: Orphaned
Season Four: Weaponized
Season Four: Time of Death
Season Four: Parishable
Season Four: Monsterous
Season Four: A Promise to the Dead
Season Four: Smoke and Mirrors
Epilogue

Season Three: Galvanize

25.6K 595 200
By derbearfeels

It's mischief night/day. Scott and Stiles are out pranking Coach while I'm sitting on the couch at 12:15 am doing homework and eating potato chips. Classy, I know.

I don't know why you have to find 'x' in math. I don't even know why we have school. I mean, I speak English. Dora can teach me Spanish. I have and iPod for music and a calculator for math.

As for history, we have the Vampire Diaries. Who wouldn't want Klaus, Stefan, and Damon as teachers? Have you seen their faces?

Sighing, I eat a chip and look down at my homework. I'm on problem three of twenty. I'm a big time procrastinator.

I pull myself from those thoughts when I hear a noise coming from upstairs. I slowly take my books off of my lap and place them on the coffee table. I quietly walk upstairs and towards the noise which happens to have been coming from my room.

Why my room? Why not Scott's? Or Rafael's? I open my door and see a figure near my bed. I attack.

Not expecting it, the person loses balance but quickly recovers. The person throws a punch that I grab. I than twist their arm back and go to flip them only for the person to slide my feet out form under me and pins me to the ground.

That's when I catch a certain handsome face.

"Derek!" I exclaim.

"I can still kick your ass." He smirks.

I immediately flip us so I'm on top.

"And I always win."

He smiles up at me, clearly enjoying the position that we're in. Humoring him, I lean down and roughly place my lips on his.

He responds almost instantly and kisses back, just as rough. His hands find themselves placed on my lips and he squeezes them, making my gasp.

Using that moment to slip his tongue in my mouth, I bring my hands up. While I place my left one on his right cheek, my right hand tightly grips his left shoulder.

Our tongues battle for dominance. After a few more seconds, he surrenders and allows me to take over while his hands sneak under my shirt and explore my bare skin.

"Tessa I-" Derek and I immediately pull away. "Oh- I- Sorry." Than we hear my door shut.

I hear a growl leave Derek's chest and I look down at him to see his eyes shut and an unhappy expression on his face.

Giggling at how adorable the expression makes him look, I say,

"I think we just scared Isaac for life."

Opening his eyes to meet my gaze, Derek simply shrugs and says,

"He should've knocked."

I roll my eyes and get off Derek, much to his displeasure. I stand up, him following suit. When he turns to look at me, anger suddenly fills my body.

I slap him. His face goes to one side and he grabs his cheek than turns back to look at me. He is more or less pissed.

"Where the hell have you been?" I ask with sincerity. "I've been calling for the past five days! No answer. What the hell happened?! I feel your pain, remember? I know when something's wrong. Why-"

I'm cut off by his lips being in mine. I kiss back for all of three seconds than pull away only to slap him again.

"What is with you and doing that? Do you like getting slapped?" I ask.

"No, I don't like getting slapped." He calmly says. "It shuts you up. Now, can you please sit down and stay quiet so I can explain what happend."

I sigh. "Okay. Sorry for slapping you."

"It's okay." Derek says with a small smile.

We walk over to my bed and both sit criss-cross across from each other. That's weird to say. Criss-cross across. Criss-cross across. Criss- sorry! Derek looks me in the eye and for the first time I've known Derek in my whole life, he looks happy.

I smile at that.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing. I just missed you."

Derek's gives me a suspicious look but doesn't press any further. He than starts to explain.

"Okay, I'm gonna make this short and to the point. Yes. I brought Cora to South America. I found out that hunters had something that...belongs to me. Peter went with me to get it but the hunters caught us.

We were tortured but eventually rescued. Deucalion sent the girl that saved Isaac, Braeden, to save us. We got what was needed than got the hell out of there."

"And what was needed?" I curiously ask.

"After the fire, there was only so much that survived. The only thing left of my mother was her claws."

"Her claws?" My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Derek nods.

"Why would you need those?" I press.

"Let's just say, they're very important."

"Of course they are. They're the only thing you have left of your mother. I would've done anything to get them if I was in your position."

Derek smiles. "You always know what you say."

"Apparently I have too much to say. You know, cause you keep kissing me to shut me up. Why?"

"It works."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So if I just keep talking like this. About whatever. Big things and little things. The moon and the sun. Baseball and basketball. Cats and-"

I'm cut off when Derek leans forward and gently presses his lips against mine. I respond at the same level of gentle ness and- Well, you get the idea. I haven't seen him in weeks.

________________

I drive myself to school the next day and meet up with Scott who just pulled in on his bike.

"Mi hermano." I say in Spanish. "Did Isaac tell you what happened last night."

"No, what happened?" Scott asks.

"Nothing, nothing just- Oh! Look! No Longer Evil Twin Betas." I exclaim, pointing to Ethan and Aidan.

Scott cautiously walks up to them as I follow.

"You're back in school?" Scott asks them.

"No," I think Ethan says. "Just to talk."

"Ahh..." Stiles says, coming to the right of Scott. "That's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."

"You need a pack." Aidan states. "We need an Alpha."

"Ya, absolutely not." Stiles says. "That's hilarious though."

"You came to us for help. We helped." Ethan points out.

"You beat his face into a bloody pulp. That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counterproductive."

"Why would I say yes?" Scott speaks up.

"Because they're hot." I states, causing the guys to raise their eyebrows at me.

I'm serious about this being a talent. Next thing you know, I'm off the Vegas. Wait, that didn't make sense. Hollywood. Yea, Hollywood.

"We've got strength." Aidan says. "We'll make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no."

"I can think of one." Isaac says, moving to stand to my left. "The two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd. I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

Aidan half shifts. His eyes glow ice blue and his teeth sharpen.

"Wanna try?" He asks.

Isaac smiles and steps forward only to have Scott grab his wrist, holding him back.

"Sorry but they don't trust you." Scott says. "And neither do I."

He than walks away, Isaac and Stiles following.

"I do." I comment than catch up with Scott and Stiles.

We walk into the school and Stiles gets hit with toilet paper in the face.

"That's my face." Stiles states. "Good decision buddy. Good Alpha decision." He tells Scott.

"I hope so." Scott says.

"Oh, I know so."

"I think you should give them a chance." I state.

Scott and Stiles give me the 'are-you-seruois?' look.

"You trust them?" Stiles exclaims.

"Maybe not Aidan but I do trust Ethan." I explain.

"Why?" Scott urges.

"Because when I thought Derek died, Ethan told me he was alive. Than when Kali went after him, again, Ethan gave me a heads up. Saving someone I love puts you in good books with me."

"Whatever." Stiles grumbles as he begins to place things in his locker.

Scott looks down the hall and I follow his gaze to Kira. So obvious.

"What are you looking at?" Stiles asks.

"Me?" Scott asks.

"You. You're looking at her." I tell him.

"Her? Who her?"

"Her, her. Kira. You like her?" Stiles questions.

"No." Scott answers quickly. "I mean ya. Ya, she's okay. She's knew."

"So? Ask her out."

"Now?"

"No, yesterday. Yes, now." I say.

"Right now?" Scott clarifies.

"Scott, you don't get it yet." Stiles says. "You're an Alpha. Okay, you are the Apex Predator. Everyone wants you, ya know. You're like the hot girl every guy wants."

I cringe at that thought and image tagging along with it. Just than, Isaac comes up to us.

"I'm the hot girl?" Scott asks.

"You're the hottest girl." I say, going along with it.

Stiles put up his thumbs than leave me with my hopeless twin.

"I'm the hot girl." Scott confidently states.

Isaac nods, unaware of our previous conversation. "Yes you are."

Scott has the brightest smile when Isaac agrees. He than walks away, still smiling, causing Isaac and I to smile.

Isaac suddenly coughs awkwardly and says,

"Sorry about last night."

"You mean barging into my room?"

"I mean hearing a fight and coming to see if you were alright."

I laugh a little. "I'm as cool as a cucumber."

"Good. I guess I'll see you later."

"Yup. Bye Curly."

______________

I'm sitting in Economics next to Scott as I hear Coach yell form inside his office.

"Son of a bitch!"

The hole class erupts in laughter. Coach soon enters the classroom, clearly pissed.

"Mischief night. Devil's night. I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil. You think it's funny every Halloween my house get egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle."

Everyone's laughing again and Coach hits Scott's desk.

"A bunch of freaking omelets."

Walking over to his desk, Coach picks up a wrapped gift.

"Oh, this. We're gonna do this again? I don't think so."

He drops the present on the ground then steps on it. A shattering noise is heard and Coach leans down to pick it up. He reads,

"Happy Birthday. Love Greenburg."

________________

So, Stiles tells us that a murderer is on the loose. Even worse, he's on the school's premises. Great.

"Barrow went after the kids with glowing eyes." Isaac says. "He said those exact words?"

"Ya." Stiles confirms. "No one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor filled with flies. Which in any other circumstance would actually be kind of awesome."

"Did you say flies?" Lydia asks.

"Lydia?" I ask.

"All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like...this buzzing."

"Like the sound of flies?" Allison asks.

"Exactly like the sound of flies."

______________

Stiles and I run around the school in search of Scott. We run up to him once we spot him.

"Where the hell have you been?" I question my twin.

"The police are leaving." Lydia says as she comes up to us. "Why are they leaving?"

"The police?" Scott asks.

"They must have cleared the building grounds which means he's not here." Stiles concludes.

"Who- What are you guys-" Scott tries only to be cut off by Lydia.

"He has to be here. That sound- The buzzing that I've been hearing, it's getting louder."

"How loud?" Stiles asks.

Lydia gives him a look that says he doesn't want to know.

"Okay. Werewolves with Scott trying to find Barrow. You and Lydia try to convince your dad to stay." I tell Stiles.

"Got it."

___________

Scott and I meet up with momma in the hallway. She brought us something with Barrow's scent.

"You got it?" Scott asks.

She hands him a bag and says,

"Promise me you both will be careful. I looked right into this guy's eyes, and it was terrifying."

"Ya. Okay mom. We promise." I say.

She nods. Scott kisses her forehead while I give her a hug. We than depart.

______________

We meet up with Curly and the Hottie Twins.

"Lydia thinks that he's still here even though the cops searched the whole school." I inform them.

"But they didn't have one thing." Scott says, opening the bag and pulling out the clothes. "Our sense of smell."

____________

We split up to cover more ground. I was gonna go with the twins but Twin and Curly didn't agree. So, the three of us are currently searching the basement.

"This is how it's gonna be now?" Isaac asks Scott. "We trust them."

"Just because I'm letting them help doesn't mean I trust them." Scott defends.

"Ya well, I don't trust them either. Or like 'em. In fact I- I hate 'em and I actually want them to die."

I smack the back of Isaac's head and say,

"Well if Barrow's actually here, and he's got a plan, you might get what you want."

Scott walks ahead Isaac and I. Isaac's second than I'm behind. I like being in the back so I'm more aware of what we passed. I catch Isaac smirk after what I said and hit him again.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing." I say.

All of a sudden, we hear the fire alarm go off. We look a each other confused then run upstairs.

_____________

We met up with the twins and see Stiles and Lydia headed our way.

"We didn't find a thing." Aidan says.

"Not even a scent." Scott adds.

"It's three o'clock so school's over." Stiles says. "If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"

"Does that mean everybody's safe?" Aidan wonders aloud.

"I don't know." Lydia says. "I just...I don't know.

_____________

On my way home, I got a call from Derek telling me to meet him at the loft. I'm there within ten minutes and make my way up.

I politely knock on the door and wait. A few seconds later, the door slides opens revealing Derek. It opens wider and I groan.

"Why does he have to be here?" I mutter as I enter.

"Nice to see you too." Peter sarcastically says.

"Because he's doing something for me." Derek vaguely says as he takes a seat.

He's seated in a chair across form Peter. In between them is a wooden chest. On it is a wooden container and to the side is a top with a triskele on it. Claws are laid out on the chest.

So these are Talia's claws.

I sit on the coffee table and notice something wrong with Peter's right ring finger.

"What happened to your finger?" I ask, pointing at it.

He holds it up and I see that it was basically cut off. Which means it was stitched back on.

"Hunters." He states.

I nod.

Derek picks up a claw that's on the chest and carefully places it in the wooden box. Peter taps his left hand on the chest than says,

"You know there's always unknown danger in rituals like this. I'm not particularly fond of them."

Derek just continues placing the claws and dully stares at Peter as he continues.

"Unless they somehow, benefit me."

Derek laughs a little. "What do you want."

"I want to keep them."

Derek raises his eyebrows.

"Sentimental value."

Derek raises his eyebrow more and nods in mock understanding.

"She was your mother. She was also my sister."

Derek furrows his eyebrows adorably. Come on, look how cute his face is.

"What? Am I not aloud a little bit of sentiment?"

Derek smiles and tilts/nods his head, placing yet another claw, the last claw, into the chest. He places it closer to a smirking Peter. Peter smiles and Derek gives him a look that says 'go-for-it'.

Peter hovers his right hand over it and Derek stands. He walks over to me and places a kiss on my forehead. I look up and smile, seeing him smile down at me.

"You know, I told you on our ice cream date that you could have an entire conversation with those eyebrows of yours. And look, you just did." I say, patting Derek on the back.

He just shakes his head in response, a smirk growing on his lips.

We both turn to look at Peter and Peter's fingers are still hovering. Peter glances at Derek than back at the box. Hands still hovering, Derek grows impatient.

"Too long." Derek states.

"W-w-wait." Peter says.

But it's too late. Derek's forces Peter's fingers into the box, connecting them with each of Talia's claws.

______________

Derek sits backwards on a chair in the center if the loft. Peter's behind him with Momma Hale's claws in his hands.

"It's not exactly my color." Peter starts. "This is going to be excruciatingly painful...for both of you." Peter glances at me.

"That's why she's here. Just do it." Derek demands.

"Oh, I'm going to. I just wanted you to know. We all have our petty move interests."

He than inserts the claws into the back of Derek's neck, causing me to gasp in pain. My neck feels as if it's being stabbed millions of times with a heat coded blade.

The pain resides after ten seconds but is still there. Now I just wait.

_______________

Minutes later, Peter discards the claws and Derek gasps in a breath.

"Did you see her? What did you ask her? Did she say anything about me?" Peter demands.

Derek snaps his head back and glares at Peter.

"Well that doesn't look good."

Rolling my eyes at Peter's childless, I walk up to Derek and ask,

"Are you alright?"

His face his a little pale and really sweaty. His eyes hold disbelief when he meets my gaze.

"I take it you saw her." I state.

He nods.

_____________

A/N

How was it?

How'd you guys like Teen Wolf?

How do you feel about Braedan/Derek?

Personally, I just want Derek to be happy.

He needs time to heal and process the fact that he's losing his werewolf ness. I mean, is he 100% human now cause his eyes can't glow? I hope not.

All I want is for Derek to be happy, healthy, and have a family. Can Jeff Davis give him that?

Anywho...Bye!

Makenzie :p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 17 17
Do you remember the first night in the woods when Scott got bitten? If we turn it upside down and Stiles get bitten instead then we have his story...
1.1K 35 14
She was as bright as the day he was as cold as the night. She was the moon and once a month the wolf cried for it. **********************************...
5K 142 10
Stiles' older sister Rosalie who is 2 years older is forced out into the woods to search for a dead body. When her brothers friend gets bitten by a w...
15.8K 436 21
[BOOK ONE] "I know, you're a werewolf!" Stephanie and her twin brother Stiles had a pretty average life but when their best friend gets bitten and tu...