๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐”๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐•๐Ž๐‘ โ™› แด›สœแด‡...

Autorstwa IamMHR

๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š’๐š ๐šŠ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š– ๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐š ๐š˜๐š›๐š•๐š ๐š๐šŽ๐š๐šœ ๐šœ๐šž๐šŒ๐š”๐šŽ๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐šŠ ๐šƒ๐š… ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐š  ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šŽ๐š... Wiฤ™cej

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐”๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐•๐Ž๐‘
โ”โ” ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ข
แด˜ส€แดสŸแดษขแดœแด‡
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 1
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 2
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 3
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 5
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 6
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 7
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 8
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 9
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 10
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 11
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 12
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 13
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 14
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 15
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 16
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 17
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 18
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 19
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 20
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 21
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 22
โ”โ” ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ข๐ข
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 23
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 24
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 25
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 26
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 27
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 28
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 29
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 30
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 31
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 32
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 33
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 34
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 35
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 36
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 37
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 38
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 39
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 40
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 41
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 42
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 43
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 44
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 45
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 46
โ”โ” ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ข๐ข๐ข
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 47
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 48
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 49
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 50
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 51
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 52
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 53
แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 54

แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 4

34.8K 1.2K 469
Autorstwa IamMHR

"HEY MASON, SORRY I WAS OUT OF TOWN and couldn't exactly call you. How is your search for moonstone going on?" I asked as soon as I pressed the phone to my ears.

"Wrong, boy toy," Damon taunts into the phone from the other end.

"Damon?" I inquired, confused, "What are you doing with Mason's phone. Where is he?"

"He's right beside me! Although, his heart's in my hand," remarked Damon, and I heard a groan from the other end, followed by a scream.

"You don't have to do this," I tried to say to him calmly.

Damon made a noise of disagreement. "Tell me one good reason to not kill him, except for the fact that he is your new boyfriend," he probed. "You know I've had a hectic day today. I am about to kill a werewolf who says he in love with you, and then I will find that moonstone, which he had no luck in finding. Poor guy," he continued taunting. "Hey, where are you? Because, you know, I could bring him over. Last goodbyes and all that," quipped Damon smoothly as if he was not about to murder a werewolf.

"Don't hurt him, Damon. He is my friend. I can tell you whatever you want. Just ―just let him go, alright? We can discuss this, please," I said, trying to sound panicked.

"Well, I am torn. Should I be jealous that you care about the wolf enough to tell us your secrets?" Damon questioned bitterly.

"I thought you hate me. Why do you care if I like anyone?" I asked him with a smirk he couldn't see.

"You have an hour to get here, or his heart will be lying across the room," The older Salvatore brother said, avoiding the question.

"Give me two," I bargained. "I am all the way in New York, please."

Thanks for the tip, Caroline.

If she didn't message me just before Mason got witch-napped, I would have been caught off guard. As soon as Caroline mentioned the incident in the woods with Mason, I changed my tactics. I had decided to use this excellent occasion to tell them the sad sob story of one 18-year-old Katerine Petrova and use it to gain a few sympathy points while I am at it.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

And so, two hours later, I found myself back in Mystic Falls, at the boarding house, going over the whole improvised plot in my head once again.

Mason Lockwood was tied to a chair, bleeding on the wooden flooring, while the carpet was folded neatly and kept aside. Wow! Damon's such a housewife sometimes. I shook my head in exasperation and looked around the house to look at the other occupants of the boarding house. I released a thankful sigh when I only saw Stefan, Damon, and Caroline sitting in the living room.

I inhaled a deep breath and walked up towards an unconscious Mason, and untied the wolfsbane soaked ropes around his wrists without glancing at the vampires. When none of them voiced out any objection to my actions, I decided to adjust Mason's neck in a comfortable position. Once I was satisfied with my work, I went over sit by the fireplace, facing the three vampires.

I didn't give them an opening to talk as I jumped headfirst into the story as soon as I sat down. "I was born in the 15th century. 1473. My mother was a human. My father, on the other hand, was a traveler. They are a subspecies of witches that aren't allowed to stay in groups in one place and practice magic due to some ancient curse. Because of this, my sisters and I ―we didn't practice any witchcraft. Knew nothing about other supernatural species that lurked in the shadows."

"My father, he was a misogynist, you see. He preferred us to be in our homes," I said, casting my eyes over the fireplace the whole time. I let out a humorless chuckle at that specific topic, continuing the story. "And you know how much I hated the rules, so of course, I always did the things he disliked. I met a boy who liked my wild spirit, we were in love, or so I thought."

I paused a second to look at my manicured nails. "One day, I found out I was pregnant, and the father of the child isn't up for that. Still, I decided to keep it. I had a baby out of wedlock, a shame to the family. So, my father, the ever-loving one, thought it was a good idea to banish his 18-year-old daughter from Bulgaria for it. I didn't even get to hold her. I begged him to at least let me look at her―" I stopped, mid-sentence, feigning a remorseful tone, "―I was forced to give her up for adoption, and it was kept as a secret from everyone."

I then took a deep breath, trying to master myself, before continuing once again, "I was sent to England, where I quickly became English. I met two noble brothers there. Klaus and Elijah. They were generous enough to give me a place to stay in. I was quickly taken by Elijah's kind heart in no time. He was gentle, understanding and he showed me I had a place in the world. However, it was his younger brother, Klaus that asked my hand in courting. Deep inside, I knew Klaus wasn't interested in me. But I was still naive, and I wasn't willing to lose the roof over my head, so I said yes when Elijah didn't seem to have any interest in me."

"Oh, how stupid I was. My whole life, I had this stupid-fantasy filled in my head. I thought if one didn't believe in love, then there was nothing to live for," I moaned remorsefully, a harsh chuckle escaping my lips. "But I was quickly proved wrong when I discovered what exactly is happening around me ―what they were and what they wanted from me. And as soon as I realized it, I ran like hell."

"Vampires?" Caroline guessed.

"They weren't just any vampires," I said, shaking my head. "They were the Originals -the first of our kind."

"I thought they are a myth," Damon said with a frown.

"Oh! They are very much real, Damon," I insisted.

"What did they want?" asked Stefan curiously while the other two stayed silent.

"The same thing Klaus will want from Elena. He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body. He wanted to break the curse," I replied ominously.

"The sun and moon curse?" asked Caroline, confused.

"Yes. To break the curse, you need to sacrifice the doppelganger. And I was the doppelganger," I affirmed, "When I realized all that kindness and sweet nothings are but a ploy, I decided to run. But I knew it won't be enough ―I knew they would catch me. So, instead, I became a Vampire," I revealed to them, "To break the curse, you need a human doppelganger, and as a vampire, my blood was no longer any use to him. But now that Elena is here, he will be coming for her in no time."

"What did he do?" Damon questioned. "What did he do when you ran from them."

"I underestimated his spirit for vengeance, but living in a suitcase is better than dying so you can have your blood spilled over some silly little rock, or so I thought. I made a mistake," I confessed in a solemn tone, "As soon as Klaus knew that I turned into a Vampire and fled, he was enraged ―furious."

My tone became soft, almost a whisper, "He killed every last one of my family. I arrived at my home in Bulgaria to find everyone slaughtered. My father, mother, sisters, brothers. Everyone. He didn't leave anything dear to me."

Tears rolled from my eyes as I continued, "I was heartbroken. There was nothing there for me to live. The men I loved cheated on me. One left me knocked up, and the other was just using me to sacrifice me to help his brother. The only thing that was keeping me alive and fight without turning off my emotions was my daughter."

"I started searching for her, only to meet a dead end every single time. Over the years, I learned her name is Nadia. I heard she turned herself into a vampire to search for me." I said, clearing my throat. "As time passed, I was nothing but a cold-hearted bitch running from an original psychotic vampire who is hell-bent on killing me ―until I met you two after three centuries."

Poor Caroline fell for my acting and came to sit next to me to give a comforting squeeze, and I gave her a tight smile in return.

"After three centuries, I felt loved again. At first, I saw you as nothing but two naive humans that let me stay in your house, but later, when you saw me as some angel, you reminded me of a part of me I left behind. I couldn't help but fall in love with you," I lied through my teeth, unable to look at them. I feared I would laugh if I were to see any of their expressions, so my eyes were on my lap the whole time.

"You both were unique, amazing, and special to me in your own ways. You reminded me of my days as a human, attempting to stand up against your father, striving to find a place for yourself in the big world, trying to do some good ―to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return."

I let out a nostalgic chuckle. "How could I not fall for you both?" I questioned, "I was selfish. I admit, and I wanted you both. You showed me that a monster like me can also be loved. And for the first time in years, I felt like I could belong somewhere. That I could have a home with you. And I couldn't bear the thought of losing something beautiful as us after three centuries of lonely and unloved life."

I raised my voice in defiance at that, "So, yes, I compelled you to accept me and accept us for what I am ―for what we are. I never compelled you to love me. It was all real. I never manipulated your feelings." I sighed, "But then I heard a word that Klaus was on to me. And I know what he is going to do when he finds out about you. So, I had to leave. When I heard the counsel was on to vampires, I decided to do what was right."

Of course, I was not saying that canon Katherine made a deal with the Lockwood werewolf about the moonstone and how she backstabbed the tomb vampires for distraction. I am not stupid. I want a sympathetic story, and this is the best I could make up.

"I thought now that you both were Vampires, you will help one another, but you idiots were fighting over something not even necessary. I was wrong to think the bond between you is stronger than that. I couldn't even come out of hiding to help you because of Klaus. It was absolute hell for me," I said in a helpless tone, showing how frustrated I was. "I couldn't come near you, or I couldn't go far away," I said. "So, I was just there ―watching over you."

I then looked at Damon, saying, "I wanted to get you out of there, Damon, in the 1950s. I was pulling some strings from inside, but you came out on your own one day," I said, bringing up the Augustine, and he went rigid but didn't say anything. "And I couldn't even be there to let you know I was there by your side when you needed me the most."

"1950's?" asked Stefan, confused, but I didn't answer him as I was busy staring at Damon, who was flexing his jaw as he mulled over it.

"So, why did you come now?" asked Damon, ignoring his brother.

"Because word of the doppelganger will reach Klaus soon. He will want to break the curse, Damon. And to do that, he needs to sacrifice Elena, whom Isobel said, you both love. I was trying to get you two away from Klaus your whole lives, but you are back to square one. I know you will fight him to protect Elena, which, inevitably, is going to be the end of you. And I can't let you do that, not when I am here," I said, shaking my head, "I know you don't believe me, but I don't give a shit," I snapped, getting up from the couch. "I will not let you die because of Elena, even if it means she should die."

I then unclenched my fingers, let out a harsh sigh. "I had wasted enough of my time remembering my worst nightmares. Now that I answered all your questions, I am going to leave with Mason."

"Where do Mason and moonstone come into this?" inquired Stefan before I could walk over to the werewolf.

"The moonstone is a part of the sacrifice, which I stole from Klaus 500 years ago when I fled from them. And I kept it with the Lockwood's in the 1800s. When I got to know that Mason was one of the Lockwood werewolves, I told him about it," I said, shrugging my shoulders, "Both the vampires and werewolves have been looking for a way to break the curse for centuries now. And when Mason said he knew a girl with my face, I knew there was a new doppelganger. So I decided to help him. Better the werewolf friend than that psycho who tried to sacrifice me ― And then I learned about you two, and all my plans went to shit."

With that, I walked over to Mason and saw that he was barely coming into his senses. I tried to wake him up by patting him on his cheeks. When I only received a groan in reply, I sighed. I seized him by the shoulders and tried to step out of the door.

"I am sorry," Stefan said, just before I could step out, "I am sorry you had to relive all those moments again. I now understand why you did what you did. I am sorry I wasn't there to help you, and I hope you will find your daughter one day."

Always the hero, Stefan. I gave him a tight smile and vamp-sped out of the house with Mason.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

I sent Mason away to his pack when he finally recovered and looked a little better the next day. I told him it was dangerous to be here with Salvatore's around, and he left, giving a kiss on my forehead, thanking me for coming to his rescue.

I stayed home for the next few days ―trying to act depressed by not seeing or interacting with the Salvatores or anyone from the Mystic Falls gang for that matter.

During my free time, I had a lot to mull over. Then it got me thinking about why I have to make my potential enemy even more powerful by making him an Immortal hybrid. The werewolf left the town, and the moonstone is with me, and no one has a clue about that. Even if Klaus gets a hold of some unfortunate wolf by the time of sacrifice, he still won't get the moonstone. Also, I can always use the moonstone as my lost resort against Klaus ―if it comes to a life and death situation.

I can still help the Slavatores or Elijah with Klaus Mikaelson's case, but I can't let them kill him. Because, if he dies, I die. And I don't want to find out if my soul will die along with this body or not. So, I decided I should probably search for a way to keep him daggered or something like the prison world idea.

I don't know where the hell is that gold dagger Kol created. I hope he will ally with me to put his brother down.

Urgh! So many complications.

I mean, I could always run with the moonstone, but that is not me. I don't want to run for another 500 years, always looking behind me just for the joy of a sick psychotic bastard. I mean, acting like a mary sue is safe than living in fear for the rest of my vampire life.

I started to make a to-do list in my mind.

Stop my worst enemy from becoming an all-powerful, immortal hybrid. At least try.

Take some white oak stakes and shove them in the bags.

Try to erase my name from Elijah, Damon, and Stefan's hit list.

Try to make as many allies as possible.

Stop Klaus from getting killed and prevent my death in the process.

Find a way to desiccate Klaus like Mikael.

Don't lose the sprightly ally, Caroline. Don't kill her no matter how much she annoys me.

Find the long lost daughter, Nadia, and Cresent wolf, Hayley Marshall.

Overall do all the shitty things I need to do to survive this crappy show. And enjoy the immortal life and all the perks of being a Vampire.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

"Caroline, any reason you called me?" I inquired in a bored tone.

Why did I give my number to her again?

It's been nearly 3 weeks since Mason left town, and no one bothered me for the time being. Mostly because I had to take care of canon Katherine's business in New York. I had already searched for a couple of capable detectives to look into Nadia Petrova and Hayley Marshall while I am at it.

"Hey, Kat. I know you are still down from memorizing and sharing your past. So, I gave you the space you need. But I can't see my friend this gloomy anymore. That's why I came with a perfect idea that can cheer you up. Today there is a party at Lockwood's, and I want you to come," declared the blonde from the other end of the phone in one breath.

"I appreciate it, Caroline, but people can't see two Elena's running around," I tried to reason with her.

"That's the thing. It's Masquerades' party. No one will know who is behind the mask. So you are coming, and that's it," The blonde Vampire said and hung up on me before I could reply.

"I should probably kill her once this shit completes," I thought out loud in the empty room.

No, no. No killing. Think of cute things, alright?

No need for Violence. Think of Kangaroos. Cute, little, hopping Kangaroos.

I arrived at the party wearing a short black dress that I gifted for myself when I went to New York.

"Elena?" Matt said, coming towards me perplexed.

"Matt? You look dashing," I complimented the jock.

"I thought I saw you in a different dress earlier, and you definitely looked upset," he said, confused.

"Why did I look upset?" I compelled him.

"You had a fight with Stefan regarding his ex," he said in a monotone.

Oh!

"I changed dress after I spilled some juice on it, and I am not upset anymore as Stefan offered to buy me chocolate," I said to him...more like compelled him. "Now, off you go."

"Did you just compel my boyfriend?" Caroline said, coming behind me.

"He is acting like a sheriff," I defended myself. "And the party is lame. So, what's this teen drama between Bella and Edward about?"

"Bella and Edward?" Caroline questioned, confused.

"Stefan and Elena," I drawled.

"Oh! Stefan told Elena about your past, and Elena is not convinced. She is saying you are manipulating them, and Stefan kinda sided with you, so― Elena's pissed about it," Caroline said, her eyes searching for someone in the crowd. "Now I need to go and find my compelled boyfriend before Elena or Bonnie see me with you. Have a good time."

"I will try," I said to her, but she was already far away.

I made my way to the dance floor and saw Stefan alone. He came to me as soon as he saw me.

"Katherine," he greeted.

"Stefan, what are you doing alone on the dance floor? Where is my double?" I questioned him, looking around.

"Elena's nice, you know. Why do you both hate each other?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe because I don't have a family or friends that would die for me. Or maybe because I couldn't have a normal school life and a loving boyfriend? Or maybe because she doesn't need to run from her enemies who are hell-bent on killing her?" I said to him, looking everywhere but him. "Or maybe because doppelgangers are supposed to eternally hate each other by nature."

"You are jealous. The great Katherine Pierce is jealous," Stefan announced, amused, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Every girl gets jealous, Stefan," I said to him with a pout. "Wanna dance?"

I was clearly surprised when he took my extended hand and took me to the dance floor.

"It's a beautiful night," I said to him.

"Why the charade?" he asked me.

"What charade?" I said, trying to look oblivious.

"You look like you want to be anywhere but here, but you are trying to look you are enjoying this," he said.

"Am I that obvious?" I questioned with a slight frown.

"I think it's just me," he humored.

"I wanted to take my mind off a few things and thought going to a party would light up my mood, but this party is so boring," I said to him, rolling my eyes. "The music's dead."

Stefan hummed. "I am sorry. I know how hard it is to bring back those painful memories," he said sadly.

"Are you sure you don't want your girlfriend to break up with you?" I said, trying to divert the topic. More like wanting him to know that I wanted to change the subject. "I am sure she gets that idea when she sees her boyfriend dancing for a slow song with his ex of all people."

"Don't worry. I am sure Elena will understand," he said just then Elena came looking like she was seething fire, and I imagined smoke emitting through her ears and nose.

"Are you really dancing with her of all people? You don't dance with me, even if I beg you, and now you are, that too with her?" She all but shouted, and everyone turned towards us. "Just minutes after we had an argument."

"Elena, you are making a scene," Stefan said to her sternly.

"I am causing a scene. Well, I wouldn't if you would not have danced with your ex-girlfriend of all people. She is the reason we are even fighting in the first place," Elena snapped.

"I don't have time for teen drama. Have a good time with her, Stefan," I said and went to get out of there.

"Maybe you could dance with me?" Damon said, coming up next to me.

I raised my eyebrow at him but accepted his hand and started to dance again. I saw Stefan trying to convince Elena from the corner of my eye.

"You look beautiful in this dress," Damon said, bringing my attention back to him.

"Thank you?" I said more like a question.

"Do you ―do you still love me?" he asked with a hint of hesitation.

"I think I made myself clear," I said, not looking in his eyes.

"Would you believe if I said I love you too," he whispered in a soft tone.

"I know you don't, Damon. I know you are in love with her," I said, eyeing the figure at the edge of the dance floor, "-and I know you hate me for leaving you," I whispered back. "I realized that I won't have a love life for a long time now. I will be utterly and infinitely alone."

"Of course," he said more like in a sarcastic way, "So, until when are you staying in Mystic Falls?"

"A few more days. Now that Mason's gone...finding the moonstone is my responsibility. I know I said I won't show you my face again. However, as soon as I get the moonstone, I will be out of your hair. And if I can't get any leads here, I will go even then," I said. Then jested a bit, saying, "Don't want my enemy to show up into the town where his doppelganger now resides and create havoc now, would we?"

"I thought you hate Elena?" he said, confused.

"Hate is a small word. However, I don't want to keep your lives at risk," I scoffed lightly, "Knowing you two, I know you will fight for the ones you love until your last breath. I didn't want it then, and I don't want it now," I said to the eldest Salvatore, and Damon looked hurt, guilty ―like he was the biggest idiot in the world for hating me.

"I think I should better get going," I said, after a moment, "I officially can't stand and watch Bonnie and Elena's evil glares. I am tempted to snap their spines and break their necks if it goes on," I said, moving away from him. He looked to where I was seeing to find Stefan nowhere in sight but instead Elena and Bonnie giving me death glares.

"Do you really need to go?" he asked, sounding disappointed but covered it with his smirk.

"Good Night, Damon," I said instead, giving a tight-lipped smile.

"I don't. I don't hate you," Damon said, stopping me in my tracks, holding my arm before I could take another step, "I am sorry for hating you. When I found out you were not in the tomb, I guess, I thought, altering my love for hatred would make it easy to live. I was trying to move on with that idea in my mind, and I think I was doing a pretty good job at that."

He continued, with a frustrated sigh, "And then when you suddenly came into my life again saying you were disappointed in me and you still loved me. I was confused. Every lie I told myself about you made my mind consider that you were some sort of a bitch for leaving me. Everything just fell apart. I didn't know what to think anymore. I didn't want to feel that pain again. So, I just didn't care what you said and believed Elena that you were just manipulating me."

"But then I heard your story. I understood why you left me. How you got betrayed and how you lost everything dear to you. You deserved to be loved, Katherine. More than anyone else. I am sorry for being a dick to you these past few days. I am sorry for not being there for you when you needed me most. I am sorry for turning our love into something toxic. I am sorry for acting out all those times without knowing the truth," He completed his ―whatever that was. Love confession, an apology?

Damon Salvatore is saying... sorry? Maybe I did something right.

"Wow! I didn't expect that," I said, truly amazed by his speech. "Thanks for forgiving me, Damon. There's really nothing for you to apologize, though. You didn't know anything about my past. It's not your fault. You are a good man, Damon," I said to him and placed a kiss next to his mouth, and went out of there before he could start another emotional speech.

These guys are really growing on me. Better not to push it.

I was just out of the party when someone abruptly injected the Vervain into me from behind and snapped my neck.

Pointless Kidnapping. Stupid Rose. Ignorant Trevor. Irrational Universe.

Fuck you, universe...

★ ➷ 。• ☆

My neck was snapped five fucking times before I found myself in the armpit of civilization, as Elijah puts it. I was alone in a room, and I don't have a daylight ring.

There are not dumb, but they are for getting head chopped either way.

"Rose-Marie. Is there somewhere we can talk?" I heard a masculine voice downstairs.

"Yes, in here. You have to excuse the house," a British voice said, which I assumed is Rose.

"Oh, no, what's a little dirt? I completely understand. So, tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call me?" Elijah's voice drawled.

"I want my freedom. I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?" Rose asked.

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What's his name these days? Trevor. If I so see fit," the uptight original said.

"Katerina Petrova?" Rose started.

"I'm listening."

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864," Rose said.

"Continue," Elijah said, still calm.

"She survived," Rose said.

Ugh! Get on with it already.

"Where is she?" Elijah questioned.

"You don't seem surprised by this," Rose wondered.

"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina," Elijah revealed, "Do you have her in your possession?"

"Yes, but I also have better. I have Katherine's human doppelganger," Pixie-cut vampire responded.

"That's impossible, her family line ended with her. I know that for a fact," Elijah said.

"The facts are wrong," She stated.

"Well, show them to me," He all but ordered.

"Elijah, you are a man of honor, you should be trusted, but I want to hear you repeat it," Rose said more like begged.

"You have my word that I will pardon you," He said offhandedly.

"Follow me," Rose said finally.

"You got to be fucking kidding me," I cursed when my hand burned in the sunlight that peeked through one of the open windows, and I am sure all the three Vampire heard me.

"Katerina," he said as soon as he saw me. I am still in the knee-length black dress that I wore for the masquerade party.

"Elijah? Rose? Long-time no see. Is Trevor still around?" I asked her coolly, not at all affected by their presence.

"It wouldn't be a long time if you hadn't run all those years," said Elijah, still surprised that I am calm with all that's going on around me.

"Of course," my tone dripped with sarcasm. "I would've been long dead and so many feet under the ground. I'm sure an apartment or two would've been built on my sacrificial ground, and no one would've known that it was the place an 18-year-old naive girl, who didn't see anything the world has to offer, had died there for trusting in love," I said through gritted teeth.

"I am surprised you are not afraid of me," Elijah said, avoiding what I said altogether.

Deflecting.

"I fear your brother; however, you, on the other hand ―I only hold duplicity and hatred towards you," I said to him, glaring, and I am sure he looked hurt.

"The human doppelganger is in the other room, down the hall," Rose said, trying to calm the situation. Elijah nodded at that and gave me a look that told me to follow him.

I saw Elena pacing around the room and Trevor trying not to have a nervous breakdown, which is impossible for a Vampire if you ask me. Elena stopped walking and looked up to see Elijah. He smelled and confirmed that she is human.

"We have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going," Elijah said to her.

"Though I don't fancy walking off into the sunset with you. I still need my daylight ring," I said.

Elijah looked at Rose, and she gave him a ring. Elijah took a few steps towards me and tried to put it to my finger, but I took it from him and put it on myself ―Trying to be as hostile as possible and without losing my head in the process while I am at it.

And if you ask me, he actually deserved it for betraying canon Katherine. She was head over heels for him, and he just delivered her to his brother in a silver platter. Though he procured an elixir for her, he wouldn't have the guts to give it to her if his brother disagreed with it. And also, something told me, he won't kill me until he takes care of his brother.

"Don't even think of running away. I will catch you," Elijah whispered into my ears, making me shiver.

Creepy ass guy.

"Please, don't let him take me," Elena said, sounding as pitiful as possible.

God! I want to gag. Seriously, what did she expect them to do? Let her run after all the ordeal they took to kidnap her.

"One last piece of business and we're done," Elijah said, walking towards Trevor, to whom I didn't pay any attention since the beginning.

"I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly, very sorry," Trevor said, talking for the first time.

"Oh no, your apology's not necessary," Elijah said like a benevolent king.

"Yes, yes, it is. You trusted me with Katerina, and I failed you," Trevor insisted, looking at me this time.

"Oh yes, you are the guilty ones, and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you and that now I honor. Where was your loyalty?" Elijah questioned.

"I beg your forgiveness," Trevor said, sounding desperate.

"So granted," Elijah said and smacks Trevor's head clean off his body and looked at me like wanting to see me afraid or something, but I didn't even flinch. As I already predicted it to be the case. Rose, however, started bawling her eyes out, and Elena looked shocked and absolutely terrified.

"You―"

"―Don't, Rose, now that you are free," He said to Rose and looked at Elena, saying, "Come."

"You did this," Elena said, looking at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused at the accusation.

"You are the one behind all of this," Elena said to me, "Trevor died because he helped you. My friends and I are in this position because you ran away that day."

"Are you even hearing yourself? Do you really think it's my fault that I didn't die that day in the hands of a psychotic bastard?" I asked her with a scoff, "I had my neck snapped so many times, and I am really pissed off seeing all the people that made my life utter bullshit, all at one time. So please refrain from pissing me off any more than I already am," I then couldn't help but add, "Also, If Trevor hadn't taken me to that stupid ass birthday party, I would have lived my human life contently without any of this shit. I personally think he deserved it both ―the running and dying," I told her, and Elijah looked surprised by my announcement once again.

Just then, we heard the crash from upstairs.

"What is that?" Elijah asked.

'Two lovesick idiots way over their heads,' I wanted to say, but I didn't.

"I don't know," answered Rose, still crying over her dead friend.

"Who else is in this house?" The Original in the suit demanded once again.

"I don't know," Rose said again, sniffling.

He then dragged Elena by hand and pulled me by the waist, and went to the place we heard the crash. There was a commotion, and in one sweep, Elena was missing, and in another, someone took me. It was Damon.

"Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?" Elijah proclaimed. There's a breaking sound of wood followed close by, "I repeat, you cannot beat me. So, I want the girl and Katerina. I'm gonna count to three, or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

"I'll come with you, just please don't hurt my friends, they just wanted to help me out. I think Katherine is here somewhere or already escaped. I will help you find her," Elena said.

"What game are you playing with me?" I heard him ask.

Damon went away, and there was a huge commotion, and just before Damon staked Elijah. I made a tear slip my eye, which was made sure that Elijah noticed as his body turned grey.

Show him an emotion and watch him get emotional over it.

I was exhausted both mentally and physically by the end of the show.

Damon came out of nowhere and hugged me, and started checking me.

"Damon, I am a Vampire. I won't have bruises," I said to him.

"I ―I was just making sure," he said, slightly embarrassed.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked, coming up to me after hugging Elena.

"Yeah. I am just so fricking hungry," I said to the younger Salvatore, and he nodded, giving me a small smile.

"Thank you, Damon, for coming to rescue me," Elena said, smiling at Damon, and he nodded distracted, still looking at me.

"Come on, let's eat on the way," said Damon, dragging me to their car.

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

5.9K 233 8
๐‘ญ๐‘ถ๐‘น๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘ฉ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ, ๐Š๐€๐‘๐€๐™๐‡๐€๐ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐Š๐€๐„๐‹๐’๐Ž๐. โ˜†เผ„ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, maybe their story was forgettable after all. ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ...
27.4K 554 35
แด‡สŸแด‡ษดแด€ แด€ษดแด… แด‹สŸแด€แดœ๊œฑ ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€แด›๊œฑ แด›แด ส™แด‡ ๊œฐส€ษชแด‡ษดแด…๊œฑ ส™แดœแด› แดษดแด‡ ษดษชษขสœแด› สœแด‡ส€ แด€ษดแด… ๊œฑแด›แด‡๊œฐแด€ษด ส™ส€แดแด‹แด‡ แดœแด˜ ๊œฑสœแด‡ แดกแด€๊œฑ แด…ส€แดœษดแด‹ แด€ษดแด… แด…ส€ษชษดแด‹ษชษดษข สœแด‡ส€ แดษช๊œฑแด‡ส€ส,แด›สœแด‡ ษดแด‡xแด› แด…แด€ส ๊œฑสœแด‡ แดกแด€แด‹แด‡๊œฑ แดœแด˜ แด›แด แด‹สŸแด€แดœ๊œฑ ส™...
19.6K 818 15
๐€๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐š ๐’๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Œ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐…๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฐ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง...
77K 2.9K 11
๐‚๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐Ÿ /๐Š๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ซ3๐ฏ/ ๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐ก ๐€ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ : ๐š ๐ ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๏ฟฝ...