Wrong Time

By endlessroads_19

#1 in Paranormal 15/12/20 and 31/10/2021 #1 in Paranormal Love 13/04/19 and 21/10/2021 Everyone has been told... More

Chapter 1: The Day Before
Chapter 2: The Beginning
Chapter 3: Who Are You?
Chapter 4: Confessions
Chapter 5: Risking It All
Chapter 6: Join Forces
Chapter 7: Better Together
Capítulo 8: Step By Step
Chapter 9: Coming Clean
Chapter 10: Welcome To Hell
Chapter 11: Hopes
Chapter 12: Shattered
Chapter 13: Talk To Me
Chapter 14: When It All Comes Down
Chapter 15: Lies
Chapter 16: Stay Away
Chapter 17: Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Chapter 18: Dance To This
Chapter 19: It's That Time Of The Year
Chapter 20: Apologies
Chapter 21: Happy Birthday
Chapter 22: High School Drama
Chapter 23: Follow My Lead
Chapter 24: Betrayal
Chapter 25: Perfectly Wrong For Me
Chapter 26: The Distance Between Us
Chapter 27: Is This The End?
Chapter 28: Make Things Right
Chapter 29: Help Me
Chapter 30: Be Strong For Her
Chapter 31: Heaven In Hiding
Chapter 32: Bad Feeling
Chapter 33: Grand Finale
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Time To Choose
Chapter 36: Start Over
Chapter 38: It's Been A Long Time
Chapter 39: I'm Sorry
Chapter 40: Good Days
Chapter 41: Here's To Forever
Chapter 42: Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Until Death Do Us Part
Bonus Chapter: Deathly Night
And So It Continues...
Warning: Cast

Chapter 37: Unbreak My Heart

882 63 4
By endlessroads_19

·Grace's POV·

Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's what I've been calling myself ever since I walked out of St. George's secret spot. I mean, it's his choice, not mine. Who am I to live his life for him? Oh yeah, that's right:

Just the girl who is head over heels in love with him, nothing serious.

I know it was a very selfish move, but I couldn't help it. Archer has become an essential part of my life and now he wants to walk away from it. Just thinking about it makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.

"Grace, snap out of it. The bell rang almost two minutes ago." Toli prodded.

"Wh-What?"

"You heard her, girl. Either you stand up or I take your disoriented white ass out of here." Isaac continued.

"No need for that, thanks for the offer."

"It wasn't an offer, it was a threat."

Jeez, he better calm down. It's not like I've kept them waiting for an hour, just two minutes tops. Toli and Isaac started walking towards the door, but Katie stayed.

"Are you still thinking about what happened?"

"That obvious?"

"Pretty much, yeah." She giggled.

"Agh! I was such the egotistical brat, Katie!" I put my hands over my face in embarrassment.

"Hey, it's Archer who we're talking about here. I'm sure he will understand your point, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I know him personally."

"And taking into account how I behaved with him two days ago, you never will."

Katie is very empathetic, she tried to understand what I'm feeling right now. The mixture of embarrassment, regret, anger and sadness. Quite the emotional mess.

Being in high school was supposed to make me forget about all of that. However, it only makes it worse.

People look at us, aware of the day before yesterday's events. The student population is divided into two groups:
The ones who stopped thinking I was a looney after hearing the whole story and the ones who still believe I'm a weirdo. What I hate about this situation is how people will remember Scott as an obsessive and crazy murderer wannabe. He didn't deserve this at all. He was bound to be remembered as The Golden Boy, the perfect role model for every guy in this school. Okay, you know what? He was bound to still be alive, period.

It's true what they say, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It now makes perfect sense.

Before I could process anything else, we reached the parking lot and Toli, Katie and Isaac said their farewells.

"I miss him Grace." Roland confessed by my side, when we were alone.

"I miss him too."

"But he tried to kill you."

"He didn't."

"What?! " He asked me wide eyed.

"It wasn't him. It was a despicable excuse of a being. That's who wanted to kill me."

"Tell me, please. I need to know." Roland was desperate. I understood, Scott was his best friend, but...

"I'll tell you. Someday."

"You aren't ready. I get it."

I nodded.

We stood there for a couple of seconds before I said:

"I have to go. See you tomorrow Rollie."

I got in my car and started it, driving to anywhere in particular. I needed to clear up my head a bit, so I drove and drove for an hour 'till I got to my possible destination.

The graveyard.

After parking the Volkswagen, I went to the closest flower shop and bought a single blood red rose. Next thing I did was to head to the Sutcliffe's family crypt.

The door was open.

I took the chance and entered, not minding the different dangerous scenarios playing in my mind. The place was freezing cold and it made me shiver for a moment. Looking around the crypt, I spotted Archer's grave next to one of the walls. I then laid the rose on top of it, staring at the piece of engraved marble. How sad a freaking stone is able to make you feel.

"It's a beautiful gesture." A voice said behind me.

I turned around in fear and I came to face someone I thought I wouldn't see ever again.

Archer.

"Beautiful but pointless, I'm afraid." He kept talking.

"I came to say goodbye. Truth be told, I was sure you wouldn't still be here."

"But here I am. Wanted to tell me something?" He asked me, showing his characteristic smirk off.

"Actually, yes. I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for having talked to you that way. The pain it caused me the thought of you leaving me behind was too strong to ignore. You are pretty much my everything Archer, that's what you've become with your stupid smirk and your cocky but caring attitude. You won my heart months ago, way before I realized it. I imagined what my life will look like without you in it anymore, reciting me my favorite poems and scolding me for my impulsive instincts, and it's horrible."

Tears pricked my eyes after telling him how I felt. Sensing my discomfort, Archer closed the distance between us and held me between his arms.

It was the warmest hug I've ever received from him and I loved it. I'm going to miss this so much.

He positioned his mouth next to my ear and whispered:

"You won't have to imagine it anymore."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, looking at his face for any sign of joke.

"Hey, you two lovebirds! The graveyard closes in 10 minutes, you have to get going!" The person in charge shouted at...

Us.

Don't ask me how the hell didn't my neck break from the violent movement. I turned my head to look at Archer and he was already staring at me, smiling like the happiest man alive.

"On our way sir!" He shouted back, not breaking eye contact with me.

"You better, kid."

That's it. You see that? That's my self control running away from here.

I yelled in joy and jumped on top of him, my legs around his waist while he spun us around.

"You are staying?!"

"Yes. I'm right here, aren't I?"

He kissed me tenderly on the lips. The feeling was heaven sent, may I tell you. If kissing him before was extraordinary, don't get me started with this new feeling.

"I thought I told you both to leave!" The man shouted once again, holding a rake.

Nevertheless, he didn't break the beautiful spell we both were under.

No one ever will.

                               *****

A.N: FREAKING YES! It felt so good to write this chapter, I swear. You don't know the hell I've been living lately, trying not to tell my best friends or you guys Archer's decision. They were all so sure he was going to turn into an angel. How do you feel about his real decision? Feel free to comment it!
Love,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hades By sarah

Teen Fiction

153K 4.1K 34
They say gut feelings are your guardian angels, Ella Thomas will soon find out that hers was leading her to something she could never imagine existed...
824 140 12
While her best friend Cassidy snacks on brie and boys in France, Darcy Li-Quinn must face her last year of high school and the unpredictable wrath of...
1.2M 24.9K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
20 1 8
DISCLAIMER THIS BOOK IN NO LONGER CONTINUED ON THIS ACCOUNT, IF YOU WANT TO READ THE REST OF IT PLEASE CHECK OUT MY ACCOUNT @Alexs_Books ON WATTPAD...