Be My Superman (A Louis Tomli...

By _between_the_lines

Joslynn is best friends with Louis Tomlinson, and always has been. She's also become best friends with the re... More

Be My Superman (One Direction FanFic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
PLAYLIST
DON'T FREAK OUT.

Chapter 11

32.2K 472 174
By _between_the_lines

Joslynn’s POV

It’s hard…you know, forgiving people who have hurt you. But, it becomes easier when you remember all of the good that person has done for you. We all have that one person who just means so much to us, that we’d do anything to get them back. We love that person so much, forgiving them is easier…yet harder at the same time.

I know Louis didn’t mean to do what he did, but he didn’t exactly act how I expected him to afterward. He didn’t try and fix his wrong, but made the lie bigger by going along with it. Louis, being probably the most important person in my life, is expected to always be there for me and have the occasional “mess-up.”

It was just surprising knowing he didn’t want to fix his wrong. But, we all have to forgive and forget. Like I said before, forgiving that one person is easier, yet harder at the same time. It’s easier to forgive them, if you think of all the things they’ve done right. It’s harder to forgive them, knowing they would actually do something to hurt you, whether it be on purpose or accidental.

I was so caught up in thinking about it being harder, I didn’t think about how it could be easier. I focused so much on the wrong, I couldn’t focus on the right. And, there are definitely more rights than there are wrongs. I know Louis messed up, be we all deserve a second chance. Hell, we deserve a third, fourth or fifth chance.

We’re only human. I know I would like a lot of chances, so why shouldn’t I give a lot of chances? We’re all going to mess up in life, and probably more than five times. A bunch of little fights shouldn’t hold my friendship with Louis back. If he’s my best friend, I should be able to forgive him.

Now, I’m not trying to say that EVERYONE deserves an INFINITE amount of chances, but the people who have done so much right for you deserve more chances than anyone else in your life. If Louis had already done more wrong than he had done right, it would have been SO much harder forgiving him.

But, Louis isn’t perfect. But, he’s my best friend. He means the world to me, and I can’t let his simple, human mistakes get in the way of us. It’s time to forgive and forget. It’s what he deserves. Plus, I messed up BIG TIME in this situation, too. It’s not all Louis’s fault. I didn’t listen to him, I accused him of things he could never do, and I focused too much on the things he’s done wrong.

Louis messes up a lot. But, I do, too.

Louis can do more right than I can. Louis has done SO much for me to the point it’s overwhelming. He’ll be by my side when I’m sick, he’ll stick up for me when someone is picking on me, he’ll support my decisions, he’ll give me advice, he’ll be there to simply listen, and he’ll be there to simply play around and be silly with. He’s perfectly imperfect.

I was currently sitting in my car in the passenger seat, Liam beside me. We were in the driveway and Liam had just listened to everything on my mind. He listened intently on each word I had to say, was there to wipe each tear I had to shed, and gave me as many hugs as I needed.

It was 4:00 PM. We had been out for five hours. Five.

That’s the thing I love about Liam. I know he’s there for me almost as much as Louis is. Liam is more of the protective, older brother, and I guess Louis is…the annoying little five year old brother you can’t help but choose as favorite over your other siblings? That’s the best way I can put it, at least. …Even though Louis is three years older than me.

“You have to go in sometime.” Liam said, breaking me from my thoughts.

I sighed and said, “I guess I do, don’t I?”

“I know you don’t want to face him, but you have to at some point. It may be hard at first, but I’m sure everything will turn out fine in the end.” Liam said, offering a warm smile.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head, and Liam gave me a hug for reassurance.

I then got out of the car and started heading towards my front door slowly. I feel like Louis isn’t going to want to forgive me after the way I’ve acted…I can only hope for the best, though.

I took a deep breath before I grabbed the door handle and walked into the foyer of my house. As I walked in, I looked over into the living room to see Harry, Niall, and Zayn on the couch watching TV. One was missing.

“Hey, you’re back!” Niall said, tearing his gaze away from the TV.

“Where were you guys?” Zayn asked, not tearing his gaze from the TV.

“Joslynn and I just went out to talk. That’s all.” Liam said.

“Um, anyway, where’s Louis?” I asked, changing the subject.

Niall looked around before he said, “No idea. I didn’t even realize he was gone.”

“I’m sure he’ll be back soon.” Zayn said.

“Harry, you seem absolutely absorbed in your phone. What’s so interesting about it?” Liam joked.

Harry lifted his head and looked at us with a confused expression. “Oh, hey, guys.” He turned his gaze back to his phone.

He was distracted by something. Or someone.

“You talking to Jacqueline?” I asked, smirking.

“Oh, uh, yeah…” Harry said, trailing off. Okay…maybe he wasn’t talking to Jacqueline. What on earth could have him so absorbed?

“Uh huh…so, um, none of you know where Louis is?”

“Nope.” Niall said, popping the ‘p.’

Where the hell is Louis? Where could he have gone? Without saying anything, I left the room. My mom’s car was gone, so Louis had clearly taken it. I just wish he had told me where he was going. But, then again, I was being a huge bitch, so he probably wouldn’t want to tell me. But, he’s my best friend. I was worried.

I decided I’d text him. He may not answer, and it may be risky, but it’s worth a shot.

Hey, just wondering where you went…

It was a good ten minutes before I got a reply.

Don’t worry about me, Joslynn…I’ll be back later..

I hated when things were tense between us. It makes talking so awkward.

Oh..um..okay…

And with that, there was no more conversation. I hate it. Louis and I usually text so easily and freely, our conversation jumping around all over the place. But now, we could barely look at each other. This is ALL because of some stupid fight that Louis started, but I didn’t want to end it and forgive easily. It’s both of our faults. And, I still don’t know where Louis is. That “conversation” got us absolutely nowhere.

I need my old Louis back.

Liam’s POV

Harry’s acting weird…REAL weird. Something’s up with him, but I don’t know what. He’s been absorbed in his phone since Joslynn and I got home, and it wasn’t with Jacqueline. Something, or someone, is making him act weird.  

I decided I would try and put an end to the mystery by going and talking to him. I got up from my seat on the couch in the living room and was going to head towards the stairs.

“Where ya goin, mate?” I heard a thick Irish voice ask.

“Just upstairs. I’m knackered.” I lied.

Niall nodded his head and Zayn said, “Get some rest, mate.”

I just smiled and nodded and started heading upstairs. Harry had left to go upstairs and he had also claimed to be ‘knackered.’ I’m sure he was, but I can promise you he wasn’t going to sleep anytime soon.

I made my way over to the room Harry had been recently sharing with Louis. I knocked on the door before I heard a muffled “Come in.”

Harry was lying on his bed looking at his phone with the same worried face. “Hey, mate…just came to see how you were doing.”

“I…I’m fine…” Harry said.

I rolled my eyes before I said, “No, you’re not. You’re a horrid liar and I’m starting to worry. What’s been up with you, lad?”

Harry sighed before saying, “I’m just…worried…it’s stupid…”

“Clearly it’s not stupid if you’re worried. Tell me what’s messing with your head.”

Harry let out another deep sigh before saying, “It’s Louis…he’s…gone somewhere…”

“Where has Louis gone? Won’t he be back soon?”

“I…I don’t know. I’ve been texting him, but he won’t tell me where he is. He just tells me not to worry and says he’s out because he needs to get his mind off of things. He left right after you left to get Joslynn…”

“Did he say anything before he left?”

“Well…Liam…there was sort of a reason he left.”

“Why did he leave?” I asked, now curious. If there was a reason Louis left, why would Harry be worried?

“He left because Joslynn called you to come and get her instead of him. He thinks she’s never going to forgive him and he’s making himself believe that he’s a bad person.”

I groaned before saying, “That idiot. Joslynn called me because she didn’t know how to apologize to Louis. And, Joslynn and I came back because Joslynn wanted to talk to Louis so they could be friends again.”

“Are you serious? If I tell Louis that, then he might come back.”

Before Harry could do anything, I said, “No. If you tell him, do you think he’ll believe you? And it’s something Joslynn is going to need to do on her own. We don’t have the right to step in here.”

Harry sighed before saying, “You’re right.”

“So do you have any idea as to where Louis may be?”

“At first he said he was going for a walk. But then he took the car. So I honestly have no idea.”

I groaned before saying, “I wish he would just tell us before he runs off and does stupid things like this!”

“I’m just worried as to what he’s going to get himself into and when he’ll be back.” Harry sighed.

I came over and patted him on the back. “I’m sure he’ll be fine and back in one piece. I’m going to talk to Joslynn and see if she may know where he would be.”

Harry just nodded his head before I left the room and made my way over to Joslynn’s. I knocked on the door and heard Joslynn call, “It’s open!”

I walked into her room to see her on her laptop in bed. She was in sweats and a t shirt and her hair was damp.

“What’s up, Li?” she asked.

“I just…uh…had a question for you…” I said unsurely.

“And that would be…?” she asked.

“Have you uh…talked to Louis lately?”

“Not really…I tried texting him earlier to find out where he went, but he didn’t tell me anything…Why do you ask?” she asked.

“Umm…do you know any possible places he may be?” I asked.

“No…I-I don’t…Is there something wrong?” Joslynn asked, starting to worry.

“It’ll be fine, Jos. We’re just trying to find out where Louis is…I’m sure he’ll turn up.”

“Turn up? Are you serious? A person goes missing and you just expect them to ‘turn up?!’” She asked, suddenly really worried.

“No, no. It’s not like that. We’ve been talking to him and we know he’s fine and we know he’s somewhere in this city. We just…don’t know where…”

Joslynn’s face was still worried. She looked as if she was about to break. “Li-Liam…” she started to hiccup, tears welling up.

I instantly ran over to her and cradled her in my arms. “Everything will be fine, Jos. I promise.”

She was now crying and she proceeded to say, “How do you know that, Liam? Louis is somewhere in this gigantic city, he doesn’t want to talk to me, and he won’t tell any of us where he is. I’m worried as hell and I have been ever since I’ve gotten home.”

I just rocked her back and forth, trying to calm her. “It’ll be fine, Jos. I will make sure he gets back here. You just have to trust that he won’t do anything stupid. Just think of the good things. We can still talk to him and he’s assured us that he’s okay. He just needs some space, so we should give that to him.”

Joslynn nodded her head before saying, “I just need my best friend back.”

I kissed her forehead before saying, “I understand, baby girl. I understand.”

----

Joslynn’s POV

It’s 10:00 PM. Louis still isn’t back. He’s assured the other boys that he’s fine, but he won’t text me. Though, I haven’t exactly tried texting him again. I’m too afraid. He’s clearly upset about something and I don’t need to stress him out more.

I was hungry. I hadn’t eaten dinner. I was a bit sleepy, and I was extremely stressed. I shouldn’t be extremely stressed after my last day of high school. In fact, I haven’t even had time to process that today was the last day of high school, and I had spent part of it in a bathroom stall crying. Perfect story to tell my kids, right?

I decided I didn’t feel like moving, so I decided I’d just watch a movie. I put the first Harry Potter movie in and then went back to lie down on my bed. I didn’t have the energy to go downstairs to the kitchen, so maybe I’ll find something to eat later.

Right as the movie was about to start, my door opened and I saw a blonde haired boy standing there.  “What’s up, Nialler?” I asked.

Niall shrugged his shoulders before walking into my room and shutting my door. “I’m bored.  Harry is absorbed in his phone, Liam is reading, and Zayn is asleep. That leaves you to entertain me.”

I slightly laughed before saying, “Well, I was about to watch this Harry Potter movie. Care to join?”

Niall smiled and nodded his head, coming and joining me. We both lie down next to each other on my bed, ready to watch the movie.

“God, I can’t believe how much hotter Emma Watson has gotten.” Niall said.

“Oh, please. I can’t believe how much cuter Matthew Lewis has gotten.”

“Who’s that?”

“Neville Longbottom.” I said, smirking.

“No way! That kid is just ugly!” Niall said.

I laughed before saying, “Nope. Here, look.” I showed him my phone background, who just so happened to be Matthew Lewis.

“Why am I not surprised he’s your phone background?” I rolled my eyes before he said, “Huh…he actually is a lot cuter.”

“Niall!” I laughed, almost not believing what he just said.

“What can I say? He’s a lot more attractive than he is in the early movies!”

“Niall, what am I going to do with you?” I laughed.

Niall shrugged his shoulders before saying, “Most people just give me food and then I shut up.”

I just laughed again before turning my attention back to the movie. This little Irishman was keeping my mind off of Louis and he wasn’t even trying.

---

At about 12:30, the movie had ended and Niall and I had spent thirty minutes goofing off. Even though it was now late at night, Louis still wasn’t back. I was really worried, and I think Niall could tell.

“Are you alright, Jos?” Niall asked, concern filling his voice.

“I-I’m fine…” I lied.

“No, you’re not. Tell me what’s wrong.” Niall demanded.

“It’s just…I’m…”

“Worried about Lou?” Niall asked. I just nodded my head sheepishly before he pulled me into a hug. “It’ll be alright. Lou knows how to take care of himself.”

I nodded my head before saying, “I know…it’s just…he means so much to me and…”

“You don’t want to see him get hurt?” Niall finished.

“You seem to be able to take the words right out of my mouth.” I said, smiling a bit.

“It’ll be fine. I promise. I know it’s hard to believe now, but Louis isn’t that dumb. I’m sure he’s perfectly safe, and if something were to happen, he would let us know. It’ll be alright, Jos.”

I nodded my head before hugging Niall again. “Thanks, Nialler.”

“Well anyway…I’m hungry. Can we go get some McDonalds or something?”

I started laughing before saying, “I’d have to say I’m hungry, too. Let’s go.”

And, in our pajamas at 12:30 AM, Niall and I went to my car to go to McDonalds.

Once we got there, we went inside to eat since there was no one in there. After we had placed our orders, the eighteen or nineteen year old girl at the counter said, “I know who you guys are! You’re that Joslynn girl and you’re Neil! And you guys are like dating, right? But wait, I thought you were dating Lewis, Joslynn!”

I just gave an awkward laugh and Niall offered a weird smile as we left the counter to go eat. “Isn’t that what our fans call Directionators or whatever?”

I started laughing before saying, “I believe so. Your fandom is so weird…especially with all of this shipping stuff.”

“Yeah, I don’t even really get that! I just get a bunch of ‘Niam’ stuff and I’m just so lost!”

I started laughing before saying, “When they ship you guys, it means they put you two together as a bromance thing. Not like you’re gay, but a bromance…and they have different names for each of them. But, the most popular one is Larry Stylinson, which is Louis and Harry.”

“Oh yeah, I see a lot of that, too! So what are the ‘ships’ that I’m in?” Niall asked eagerly.

“Well, there’s Narry, which is you and Harry, Niam, which is you and Liam, Ziall, which is you and Zayn, Nouis, which is you and Louis, and Nosh, which is you and Josh Devine.”

“Wait, they ship us with people out of the five of us?” Niall asked, confused.

“Yep. You and Demi Lovato are Nemi.”

“Wait, WHAT?” Niall asked, starting to choke on his food.

I started laughing before saying, “You’ve got some hardcore Nemi shippers.”

“Demi and I are friends. Nothing else.”

“Yeah, but according to your fans you and Demi have hot Skype sex or whatever.”

Niall immediately burst out laughing and said, “I don’t understand the fans sometimes.”

“Most people don’t.”

“And for the record, I ship Nosh and Niam.”

“You ship yourself with your own band mate and drummer?” I asked, amused.

“I mean, yeah. Liam and I clearly look cutest together. And Josh needs to find a bromance, too.”

I just started laughing before saying, “Niall, you’re so odd. You need some help.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m getting no action, and if my fans can write these fan fictions or whatever and pretend I’m getting action with Demi Lovato, it makes me feel a lot better about myself.”

I started laughing harder before I said, “Niall, I love you to death.”

“Most people do.” He smirked.

After some more chat about bromances, Demi Lovato, and food, we found ourselves leaving McDonalds and heading back out to my car.

Once we were in the car, before we drove off, I turned to Niall and said, “Thanks, Nialler.” Then I hugged him.

Niall smiled before asking, “What was that for?”

“For taking my mind off of everything. You’ve made me believe that everything might actually be okay.”

“You just have to learn how to be care free.”

A/N: Sorry I suck at updating. But at least I finally did. What did you all think of this chapter? Where did Lou go? Do you totally ship Nosh? I do. ;]

Please let me know what you thought… :]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 324 61
the title says it all
280K 7K 47
Sequel to If I Let You Know... It's a completely different story and you can read it without having read the previous one (although you'll be able to...
652K 14.6K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
62.3K 873 23
Delilah has always been best friends growing up with Louis Tomlinson until she moves and he auditions on x factor. He loses all contact with her unti...