Fate's Mistake

By xoxobesties

What happens when you're at the wrong place at the wrong time? For Juliet, being bitten by vampire. Now force... More

Fate's Mistake
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 ~ Yeah!!! Double Digits WooHoo :P ~
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 16

141 3 0
By xoxobesties

{A/N hola amigo/as :) so I was thinking that I would really like to give out shout-outs to those who encouraged, supported, and gave feedback on this story. So, this one goes to AlexTheLionRawr :P <----- one of my Wattpad buddies :P anyway, so today I was out exploring the world of Wattpad that I surprisingly hadn't seen yet, and discovered that a lot of people made up stories based on songs.... that of course led me to an idea to do a short story of my own.... If you have any suggestions for a song, please comment, and I'll dedicate a chapter to you :) }

Alex POV

As soon as we exited the car, all three of us shared a weary look. There, in front of us, loomed the figure of an abandoned church. Of course, vampires couldn't actually enter holy grounds, but, this was just a cover-up; it wasn't actually a church. Back in the early years of the existance of vampires, they created secret hide-outs in places that looked too scary for the human eye so they wouldn't enter those grounds. It worked like a charm. Sure, occasionally, there were those foolish humans who tried to act tougher than they really were, and entered forbidden lands. Needless to say, they returned a little less than human.

The church carried an ominous aura to it, sending a shiver down my spine. The church actually looked two stories high, and there wasn't anyone inside it, except eight vampire guards, two protecting each of the four sides of it. The actual meeting place for the Elders was underground. There, the vampires were from the earliest centuries, still carrying their narcissistic values of life.

There were only a few things that could freak me out after I had turned into a vampire, and this place was one of them. Honestly, I have never been to this place before, and just knowing that it's unsafe, wills me to go back home.

But, we're doing this for Juliet..... I'll lay down myself willingly in holy water for her. I twisted my neck to meet Darren's eyes; they held nothing, but honesty. Right then, and there, I knew he was perfect for her.

Now, we just need to bring her back so you can tell her by yourself. I didn't have to look at him to know he had a sad smile plastered on his face. I sighed and shook my head.

I can't believe I failed that miserably at protecting her. I promised myself I'll do anything for her to be safe, and I can't believe I made the stupid mistake of trusting her with Cameron! I don't give a shit if Darren refuses to believe the truth, but I know that I have never hated someone as much as I hate that sone of a bitch. She's my only family, and I love her to pieces.

I wonder what Juliet's doing right now. I wonder if she's okay. I wonder if she's even-...?

Mentally slapping myself, I yelled at myself that I can't think like that, of course she's okay! I have this barrier in my mind that lets me block out the truth that we might not succeed; that Juliet isn't okay. But, I refuse to believe that. We're twins; each others' halves! She has to be alive! She needs to be alive for me, for everyone!

But, what I do wonder is if our sisterly bond will grow stronger if- when she comes back.

God, I'd give anything to bring her back; anything!

-----------------------------------

Darren POV

There was a constant stab of pain through my chest. It was like I was human again, and I was experiencing the pleasure of drowning in torturous hurt. The ache deepened with each step I took towards the church, fear engulfing me on the way. Both Alex and I took no notice of Samuel, who seemed to be the only brave one out of the three of us. As we reached the front gate, two burly vampires stepped forward. Addressing Alex with a formal bow of their heads, they took two steps backwards and opened the black door. The thunderous storm above us roared to life on cue as the door swung open. Alex was the first one to go in, hesitation clearly visible. Samuel and I followed after, both considerably less sure of this idea.

When we were completely inside, and in the main room, I could make out the endless rows of seating leading up to the huge, but battered, altar. The whole inside was constructed of different shades of golden, yet the walls were chipped off in random places. Needless to say, it looked like it hadn't been used in ages. So, where would we meet the Elders? I looked around confused, meeting Samuel's same confused gaze. When I looked at Alex, she motioned for me to be patient. To pass the time that everyone was wasting, I tried listening in to the thoughts of one of the guards. If I get to know what they're thinking about us, I'll know the Elders' true intentions to allowing us coming here.

One of the guards was just thinking of his life at home, so I left him alone. I focused more intently on the other one; he had looked a lot more dangerous and reserved veneer.

They're in for a real treat tonight. I widened my eyes, and snapped them towards Alex. Her face started to look worried as she took in my stiff posture. But, before I could hunt for more, air whipped my back, causing me to stumble forward. I angrily turned around, ready to face-off, but came face to face with the bitch that came to the house the other day. She was the same one who was acting all bitchy to Jules, and practically forced Alex to spill the family history to Jules. Again, her blond hair was neatly tucked into a bun on the base of her neck, and she still wore the cloak from the other day.

She teasingly placed a finger on my chest, and took a step closer. To say I was getting furious was an understatement. But, for some reason I couldn't think straight, so I stayed in that position, with the bitch inches away from my face. I had never wanted to punch a girl so badly in my life before. This chick's eyes stared back smugly at me, while she cocked her head to her right. She trailed her finger up my chest, leaving a physical burning sensation. It actually was making me feel pain! I wondered why Alex nor Samuel were helping me, but in the mean-time, I couldn't keep my mind off of the pain, as she led her finger trailing up my throat, and on my lips. They circled them three times before the pain finally went sway, yet I still couldn't move. If it was possible, she moved closer, leaving her own lips centimeters away from mine. I wanted to move back so badly; I felt like I was cheating on Juliet even though it wasn't even my fault. I stared back at the bitch, though; refusing to back down. Her eyes were emotionless and shockingly empty. I tried to struggle against the invisible force holding me hostage, just wanting to land one punch on that hideous face.

Any respect I had for the Elders left my body. The bitch again came close, brushing her lips against mine, finally bringing the worst of the pain. She took one huge step back, as I gasped and clutched my stomach. The indescribable pain traveled through me like blood, making me nauseous. I dropped to my knees when my thighs held a burning sensation. I vaguely heard someone yelling, and a hand touching my back. Voices swam in my ears, while I felt something pound in my ears. I raised my head to look at the bitch, feeling something tickling down my mouth, traveling down my throat. Using one hand, I touched whatever it was, and was shocked to find that it was blood. How the fu-? Inspired by a new level of rage, I used all the strength I could collect and spit on her. She clearly didn't expect that as she hissed and came forward and raised her hand to hit me. But, she stopped in mid-air, and that's when everything went quiet and normal like it was before. There was no more pain, no more blood, no more burning.

Samuel came forward to help me get back up. His eyes were wide, yet apologetic. I turned my head to look at the bitch, only to find Alex yelling at her. I smirked, although I still was still a little worn out. A wave of dizziness came over me, and Samuel supported most of my weight after that.

"He deserved it," the bitch explained to Alex, "he couldn't respect others' privacy, so why should I?"

"Okay, I admit he crossed the line by reading one of your peoples' minds, but at least he didn't cause harm!" Alex was beyond furious now.

The bitch had the nerve to walk up closer to Alex and sneer in her face, "Him, or any of you, pull a stunt like that again, you're out of here. Then, try to save your precious sister." Alex's face visibly contorts in hurt, while the bitch smugly stands back and motions us to follow her.

Alex gulps before she addresses me, "You okay?" I nod my head yes, still kind of bothered that the bitch had gotten so close.

As if hearing my thoughts, she called over her shoulder, "Don't cry too much, you'll need to save some tears when you hear the good news."

Licking my lips, and fisting my palms, I chose to ignore that low-blow.

-----------------------------------------------

Alex POV

The Bitch, as Darren views her now, led us to a room in the back of the church. The floor of it was covered with a giant round carpet. Smoothly leaning down, and lifting the carpet up, the Bitch closes her eyes for a moment. Only when the area that was hidden with the carpet opens up to reveal a staircase, she opens her eyes, too. Motioning with her hand to let us go first, she turns around and speeds out of the room. If I wasn't already an expert at being a vampire, I wouldn't have caught her challenging grin before she left.

My hands automatically fisted at her disrespect, but I chose to ignore it. She wasn't worth it; I have a significantly bigger problem to focus on. Making my towards the staircase, I somehow managed to put one foot in front of the other without collapsing from anticipation. What did she mean when she said that we need to hear the 'good' news?

I could feel Samuel and Darren behind me as I lead the way down the creaking stairs. I hadn't noticed I had stopped walking until one of them nudged my back. Shaking out of my thoughts, I stepped forward again, and continued my undetermined journey.

-----------------------------------------

I knew that we had reached the headquarters as soon as I advanced from the last step. Before, Darren thought it might be a good idea to take the torch with us since it was the only thing giving us light. We marched forward, determined not to let the fear take control of our faces. As we headed forward, more lighting came into view. We also spotted some vampires hanging around. When we neared them, they either glared at us, or smirked. I could tell that they were very ancient. Their pale skins, and the beauty radiated vanity and confidence. I also saw some vampire couples who obviously couldn't keep their hands off of each other; and, appearantly, that was amusing to everyone else.

Ignoring them, my eyes took in the familiar blonde hair. I made my way towards her, already knowing that Samuel and Darren were following.

"Took you guys long enough," the Bitch said as soon as we reached her. She stood a little left of me, making her closer to Samuel and Darren. As if on cue, she looked at them before her eyes widened at Sam. Poor guy looked scared shitless. I wanted to assure him that we all felt that way.

The Bitch deliberately pushes Darren out of the way to get to Samuel. I looked at Darrem only to find a pissed off face.

Can you message Samuel and tell him to keep her busy?

Sure thing.

A second after, Samuel's surprised eyes pleaded with mine to not leave him alone with her. I shrugged my shoulders; it was better if she didn't come along with us to see the other Elders, so why not provide a perfect distraction for her?

Poor guy. Although, I did agree with Darren; poor Sam.

Darren and I exchanged looks, and we proceeded our way to the main courtroom.

Just before Samuel and the Bitch were out of ear-shot, we heard her flirtaciously declare to Sam, "Hello, I'm Harriet."

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how, but we managed to find the main courtroom. Shockingly, it was full of vampires. Darren and I shared a tired look before we made it to the middle of the room. The humongous room went silent, while the vamires around us parted like the red sea. After they hurried of the way, we could see five, pale men sitting on high chairs on a stage-like floor. They all shared amused glances before they reluctantly bowed their heads.

At least they had manners. I agreed with Darren; ever since we came here, Harriet had done nothing, but disrespect my place of throne, and it was unnerving.

When the Elders recovered from their show of courtesy, I began to exlplain why I came here, but they cut me off. I guess we spoke too soon about the well-mannered judgement.

"We know why you're here," one of the older looking Elders spoke up. At my indescisive stare, he continued, "We will help you find your sister... After all, she is considered royalty now." With one final smirk he motioned for the Elder on his right to continue on. Everyone could tell me and Darren were becoming impatient. We just want to find Juliet as soon as possible.

The Elder continued from where the other left off, "We will help you find her if you admit that you will be in debt for us."

Darren began to interrupt, but before he could ruin the playful mood the Elders seemed to carry, I agreed. Darren gave me an incredulous look, but nevertheless didn't object.

Seeming satisfied with my answer, he explained that one of their people was someone who could predict the future, and that we should go to him.

When he was done, I expressed my gratitude, which is very rare for a Royalty to do. a chorus of gasps swam through the crowd, but I ignored it. Fueled by a new wave of assurance and confidence, I grabbed Darren's hand and left the courtroom.

Time to find Juliet

************************************************

{ A/N i think this is the longest chapter *yay* anyway, when I was halfway through the chapter, I somehow managed to highlight everything I wrote and delete it without even doing it on purpose; I sat in my seat for about ten minutes just hyperventilating because I was pretty happy with what I had written (which is a rare thing), until I saw the 'undo' button on the WP thingy, I clicked on it and all my text came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Bless Wattpad's 'undo' button* anyway, hope you liked the chappie, until next time, my little wattpadders :P }

Continue Reading