Chapter 12

{A/N, you know what I hate? The fact that whenever I write on Microsoft Word, and copy and paste it to WP, a magician comes and does a spell that messes everything up, and then I have to use my awesomeness to fix it! -.- I mean c’mon, give the poor author a break, for crying out loud!!!! Lol anyway, MS Word is pissing me off ‘cuz it’s fixing every.single.mistake that I make; like, really? I don’t give a crap if my author’s note is written worse than an eight year old’s…. I only care if my story has grammar mistakes…. Ugghh, anyway… continue on, my beautiful Wattpadders :P……………………….. Oops, almost forgot; I want to thank I_love_SkittlesXD for her input on this story!!!  -M

2 weeks later...

Juliet POV

It's been around 3 weeks now, and nothing's happened. May be the Elders were wrong. Who am I kidding?! If Alex says that the elders are never wrong, then they're never wrong. Speaking of her, I miss her so much! We used to be so close; after all, our only family was each other. Sure, we had the foster families, but me and Alex never stayed in one place for long. I guess, we never needed anyone else other than each other. But, now, everytime I think of her, I always feel betrayed. I know what she did was for the better, but she went through so much shit just to protect me. I mean, I could've helped her!

Anyway, I feel particularly close to her today, so I decide on meeting up with her. Darren and Cameron are downstairs, doing something I don't really care about. Who gives a crap about what they're doing anyways? It's not like I care, or anything. What ever, I refocused on calling Alex. I picked my cell phone, ready to dial her number, but was disrupted.

"What do you think you're doing!?" Darren stood in the doorway of my room, completely disrespecting any privacy rules. To piss him off, I slowly held up my phone, and shook it, indicating I was using it, while having that 'isn't it obvious' look. I was silently glad that he looked irrated at my actions.

"You can't call anyone! Those phones are just too easy to track! How can I forget to take it away from you!?" The last part seemed to be for only himself.

"Chill, Darren. I was just missing Alex. Just wanted to meet up with her... Is that too much to ask?" I kept my voice light, not wanting to let Darren know how much I was missing my sister.

Darren's eyes softened when he replied, "You should've just asked, Jules. I can you to her if you want...?"

"Really?!? Oh my God, thank you so much!" I ran up to him, and attacked him with a bear hug. Addictionally, I kissed his cheeks. When I stepped back, I almost fainted from seeing his cheeks turn pink. I couldn't help but let a huge grin spread on my face; he looked so cute. He looked like a shy kid who just got asked out by a hot girl. Awwwww!!!!!

Shut up!

An obnoxious laugh escaped my mouth at his upset voice. "Aw, Darren, I never knew you were so cute!" Ha, I couldn't help teasing him.

"Well, continue on teasing me, 'cuz in the end, I am the one who's taking you to see Alex."

I immediately wiped the smile off my face, while Darren nodded approvingly.

-----------------------------------------

Alex POV

I stood near the window, wonderig how my life became so complicated. The memory of me and Juliet laughing, while one of the women on charge at the foster house fed us delicious chocolate cakes, seemed so distant. Our childhood seemed like a fantasy now. I swallowed a tear-less sob, and crossed my arms across my chest. The huge window provided an image of the forest, and limitless trees, while the horizon shone with dancing street lights. No matter what, I'm going to protect her... No matter what. Even if it means me dying. I'll sacrifice myself for her anyday. I'm just glad that it wasn't her who went through the pain of becoming a natural vampire. It- it hurts more than anyone could ever imagine. I remember how I was begging an invisible force to come kill me; the pain was excruciating. If Darren hadn't bit me, and turned me into a vampire, I-I probably would've been sleeping in a coffin today.