Chapter 9

{ A/N Heyyy guys!!! So, this book is moving along at a somewhat of a steady pace!! Um.... anyway, so, there's nothing else to say except that we hope you guys like the book :) oh, and, WHO'S EXCITED FOR FOURTH OF JULY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?---- tell, us how yours goes!!! }

Juliet POV. 2 Days later

I can't survive these two. Honestly, they live like they're on top of the world. And, they think that I'm their maid. Well, they're about to get a wake up call. I'm currently in the middle of common, yet effective pranks, waiting to be used on idiots. That'll teach these two to mess with me.

So, Darren asked me to clean his room, because appearantly he'll just make it more messy. I mean, I know that he knows what my own apartment looked like, so why the hell would he think that I'm going to be any more neater than him?! Anyway, this prank is used so many times, that it's ancient, yet still very much hilarious.... I'm going to put several alarm clocks in Darren's room, in different places so he can't turn them off when they ring. And, I'm going to put at least 10; five will go off at some time, while the other half will ring 2 minutes after so he doesn't have the chance to confront me about them! This prank is ideal for sleepovers and me and friends had done it to each others' families so many times, that we even thought it had gotten old. But, I guess it's like what they say, 'old is gold'.

Is Darren going to filp, or what?!?!

I can't wait, I am so excited! He'll never expect it! May be I should put a camera in the room or something, to catch his reaction...?

"Why are you standing like that? You look creepy..." Darren's voice interrupted. I spun around to catch him leaning on the door frame in the leather jacket. Unable to stop myself, I shamelessly 'studied' him. Damn, he can so pull off a leather jacket...

May be you can take a picture, and frame it...?

My eyes wheeled up to meet his cocky ones. I frowned at him, and turned around. The vacuum I was leaning on, came to life as I turned it on. Completely ignoring Darren, I started to angrily clean the living room. Not surprisingly, Alex didn't trust any maids or servants to let them work here. She was just being completely paranoid now, and it was slightly pissing me off.

"Now, don't be like that, love." Darren dodged my agressive swipe next to him, infront of the door. The vacuum made a pathetic wheez of mercy, before I shoved it forward into another direction. "Jules, I was just kidding! Listen to me!" This time, he tried to take a hold of my hand, but I whipped it out of his reach. My cold glare sent him a message of not messing with me. To be honest, even I had no idea why I was getting so worked up. May be it was the fact that my life was seemingly shitty right now?  Listen! Darren's voice thundered in my mind, while his arm snaked around my elbow, rotating me so I was shoved into his chest. Immediately, his arm let go, only to glide around my waist. His left arm joined, while I stood frozen. I distinctly heard a loud sound echoing off the walls, made by the impact of the vacuum hitting the ground.

"Listen to me when I tell you to..." This immediately angered me. Who the hell did he think he was talking to? I didn't need to listen to him. When I tried to escape his firm, yet gentle, grasp, it tightened. He was stronger than me, but the fact I was comfortable didn't help at all. It was like my body and brain wanted to do different things.

On one hand, Darren infuriated me so much, sometimes it wasn't even directly his fault. On the other hand, I know he's caring and genuine. I just know it, and the fact that Alex trusted him so profusely helps, too. Between my inner conflict, I hadn't noticed his head leaning down. In our position, I could notice all his minor details. My eyes automatically drooped low, as the distance between us weakened. I liked how his eyes glazed, and dissolved into a heated orange hue. Different specks of yellow and scarlet danced wildly with each other. His pale skin provided a clear canvas for rest of his features. Now, less than a centimeter apart, our lips parted on their own, inviting each others'.

But, sadly, our spontaneous moment concluded when we both heard Cameron's footsteps coming near. Now, if I was human, we would never have heard him come- you know, the scene where the guy finds his crush in another man's arms, while the pair's completely oblivious to him. Not that Cameron would ever be crushing on me. Not that I want him to, either. Nope, not at all.

And, even if I didn't want Cameron to witness mine and Darren's special moment, Darren had different ideas. I tried pulling out of his reach, but he wouldn't budge. I tried clawing his arms off, you know, as gently as I could, but to no avail. His eyes actually became hard and demanding, which sort of scared me. He had a look of determination in his eyes that didn't prove to be innocence.

Let.Me.Go!! I screamed in my mind. Only then, Darren let go, just as Cameron descended from the stairs. I in-conspiciously rubbed my waist, trying not to let Cameron notice. Why? I had no clue. For some reason, him finding out about mine and Darren's moment, scared me. I had suspicions that I didn't want anyone to know- to share a such intimate moment, but I ignored it. Cameron was much nicer, much less of a jerk. That had to be it, right? I had to had feelings for him, and not Darren...?

My eyes veered up to meet Darren's. I instantly felt guilty, for reasons unknown. May be I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

I gulped at his intense stare. Bitter emotions clouded his eyes and he spoke with an 'obvious' tone, held with a peircing edge. Yeah, 'cuz clearly that moment meant nothing to you, right?

Before I could do anything, he turned around, and sped away at a vampire's speed. Before I could tell him that the moment had meant so much to me, he had left. Before I could tell him, that whenever I compared Cameron to him, it always would feel so wrong, he'd bailed out.

If I had still been human, my face would've been attacked by tears. But, I was stronger now. I was inhuman... and having minor feelings for a jerk, won't change the fact that I had bigger priorities than love-interests. I had to survive, and these types of complications shouldn't hold me back. That's it, I've decide.

Screw you, Darren. I'm on my own, now. I don't need you, or Cameron to survive... and survival is the bigget concern for me, like it should've been from the start.

I mentally groaned, I sound like I'm bipolar or something!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Darren POV

My chest crumbled in pain. That's all I can say to describe it. The pain is so excruciating, that I have to clutch myself for dear life... Well, not literally. Why do I always reach her mind at the wrong times?! I know she's just confused, and I know that that moment that we had shared meant just as much to her as it did to me, but I just had to go ruin it! Well, it's not like I can strut back in the house, and announce an apology! I need to be patient if I need to win her over.

But, I'm having doubts. Everytime I come near her, she thinks of Cameron. May be I should just give her up, 'cuz in the end,it's her choice and it's pretty clear she can't pick between us. I don't want her to feel like she's pressured! I guess, I should just go with the flow... Let things turn out the way they will.

Man, I sound like a girl.

If she wants a relationship more than friendship, I'm all up for it by all means. But, I'm not going to chase after her like a lost puppy. Although I'm pretty sure that it's going to be fucking painful...

Cameron POV { A/N I think this is the first time with his POV.... Probably... Well,.... Eh }

Ever since, I 'accidentally' interrupted them, Juliet has been acting all wierd. She's been avoiding me and Darren all day, and it's slightly annoying. But, I guess I should glad about the fact that it was way too easy to separate Darren and her. 

This just makes it a lot more easy to do the work.

{ A/N OOOOOOHHHH, Things were heating up.... But then of course Juliet has to over-analyze things.... And, anyway, even I have mixed feelings about Darren-- is he a dick-head, or a nice guy...? *raises eye-brow* And, what is Cameron talking about. 

.... Interesting Questions......... }

Oh, and Juliet is still going to play the prank :)