Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 18:

10.6K 777 37
By Navya_Mishra

Later that day, Manik and Nandini made a quick visit to office and were soon on their way to the site.

Nandini's pov:
We left for the site discussing about a few deals until Manik turned on the Music into the car, and that sealed our professional conversation. I turned my gaze towards the window, watching the buildings pass by as we made our way through the traffic in Mumbai.

My mind zoomed back to the amazing start of the day. This was a different day for me, no running away from the house to avoid that abusive couple. A free morning, with free heartfelt laughter..... Probably the most blissful morning, that I hv had since I hv come to this city.

My chain of thoughts was broken when I felt Manik shake my arm.

Manik: Nandini....

Nandini: Hmn...

Manik: Where r u lost?? I hv been calling u!!
He said as he turned to look at me, concern visible on his face. Every moment with Manik makes me feel lucky to hv him as my friend. No matter how much a pain in the ass he could be, but he truly is the bestest friend any one could hv. Never hv I seen him pity over me, it's always pure concern and maybe that's why it's so easy for me to open up to him.

Manik: Nandini..... Back to earth!!

He said again getting me back into the car.

Manik: Are u fine? What are u thinking?

Nandini: About this morning.....
I replied slowly as I looked ahead at the beautiful day. But my words seemed to worry him, as he immediately turned towards me.

Manik: Morning.... What happened? Did something happen at home? Why didn't u tell me earlier?

Nandini: Manik Manik.... Relax!! Nothing happened... I was talking about the breakfast at urs....

Manik: Ohh that.....
A sigh escaped his mouth making me smile as I said,

Nandini: It was the best morning that I hv had in a very long time. It was fun!

Manik: Yeah... My shoes seemed to enjoy it too!!
Manik muttered to himself but I busted out in laughter. Manik glared at me but I could see a small smile playing over his lips.

Soon my laughter died when I thought about something,
Nandini: U know Manik..... Every morning, I wake up early, to leave the house before anyone else starts the day! I spend it usually, at some random park, hill or the Marine drive, watching the sun rise.... Not that I don't enjoy it, but this morning is making me rethink. Could the things at my place, really be different, if I don't run away from it. Is it bcoz, I never gave them a chance!

I felt his hand over my knee making me look at him. His warm hand making small soothing circles on my knee, feeling me him calmness.
Manik: It's not ur fault Nandini. Maybe I woke hv advised u to give them a chance if u had asked this to me yesterday... But after last night, I m sry if this hurts u..... But they don't deserve any of ur sympathies Nandini, they don't!!

I sighed at his words and nodded as I looked down and kept my hand over his, on my knee.
Nandini: I know!!! I... I just can't stop myself from hoping again and again....

Manik pressed over my knee a bit as he said,
Manik: Well to be honest.... This morning was exceptionally gud for me too!! Usually it's just me, mom and Dad sitting together on the table and eating silently. As Mom said, the laughter seemed new yet refreshing...

I smiled at his words resting my head back when he turned towards me and winked,
Manik: Thank u...

Nandini: Yeah right.... Now u r thanking me for that prank!! M I so damn Good.....
Nandini asked flaunting her prank again making Manik give her a look. And the next minute both of them were laughing like hell.

Pov ends!!
----------------------------------

Nandini: I think a modern user friendly design would be better than the conventional one. I mean the location, the background view of the hills, it's all gonna add up to the design...

Nandini said as she scanned around the area and then looked down at her laptop.

Manik: So what do u hv on ur mind Ms. Kapoor?
Manik asked her professionally, as they stood around a table in the middle of the site area along with three of their Soil Experts.

Nandini nodded at him and opened up something on her laptop, turning it towards him.
Nandini: This is a rough sketch which I had prepared... See here, we can hv the....

And with that she went on and on explaining them her thought. She went on for a few minutes finishing off with it as she moved away.

Nandini: My team needs 3-4 days to prepare the detailed design layout. By then we might be ready to start the construction as well, right?

"Absolutely Ma'am!! "
came the reply from them as she nodded and turned around pointing to the other end.

Nandini: The land on that end needs to be leveled as per the design, Mr. Cabir Dhawan is going to get back to u on that and I want u to find out the land rights of that hill on the backside, it would be beneficial if we could get that.

Manik: The staff residence needs some land around, so I hv been searching for it, we'll see if we can get it on that hill.
Manik commented nodding at her thought while Nandini went on talking about the angles and area of the field as per the requirements.

Manik turned around discussing about the raw materials and finances to the other man. He was busy in his work, so was Nandini. A few minutes later, he shifted his gaze towards her unconsciously, just to get a glimpse of her when suddenly the colour drained out of his face making him stop in his words.

"Nandini CAREFUL!!"
He shouted out loud as he saw her taking a few steps back as she explained something to the worker. Right behind her was a pit, filled up with Manufacturing Machinery, to be used to make an underground parking space. Nandini was about to step back again when she heard his loud voice, startling her which made her move frantically as her leg slipped over the loose soil.

She closed her eyes tight, fearing the fall but just then she felt a hand over her elbow as she was pulled back. Nandini breathed hard as she felt her feet steady on the ground and a pair of hands over her shoulders, holding her firmly.

Manik: Nandini r u fine?
Manik's warm voice filled her head, calming her down. She nodded as a reply still with her eyes closed and took a deep breath.

She opened her eyes to meet his concern filled eyes while he sighed. Manik moved his right hand as he caressed her cheek.
Manik: U sure...

He whispered to her at which she nodded again. Manik looked at her for a second and then moved back entwining his hand with hers.

He moved forward, taking her along and walked straight towards their car. Nandini tried to free her hand only making him tighten his hold. All the work had stopped around them, with all eyes over the two of them.

The moment she realised that they were out of everyone's ear shot, she stopped on her tracks holding Manik back.

Nandini: Manik I m fine... Let's just finish off with work and then we'll leave!

Manik: Nandini... Just be quite and come!
Manik said softly. Nandini shook her head in a no and looked at him with pleading eyes.

Nandini: Be practical Manik... We can't waste time like this today, only to return back tmrw!!

Manik stayed silent for a minute and then looked away as he nodded softly before moving back towards the workers. Nandini looked at him but found him looking right ahead with a plain blank expression on his face.

They reached near the workers when Manik said,
Manik: Ohk so where was I?? Yeah.. The raw materials!

"Yes sir!!"
Came a startled yet stern reply as Manik continued the discussion. Nandini again tried to free her hand from his grip but he didn't let her. She sighed at his stubbornness and gave up trying. She stood right next to him and got involved into the conversation. She noticed the workers eyeing their entwined hands but still ignored.

They discussed all the raw materials possible and then chose the best ones.
Nandini: Make sure all of it is delivered by them on time, we can't afford to delay the construction.

Manik: Ask the financial head to set up a meeting with me, lets see how we can work that out. And-
Manik was saying something when he noticed their gaze again shift off to his hand entwined with Nandini's. Manik gritted his teeth and held Nandini's hand tighter, as he pulled her a bit closer to his side.

Manik: I would appreciate if u keep ur eyes up here Mr. Sinha!

The person looked away at his words and then slowly made eye contact with Manik, who stood staring at him. Manik turned around taking Nandini with him as they finished off the rest of the work before walking back to the car.

Manik opened up passenger seat door when Nandini smiled, giving him a teasing look.
Nandini: Mr. Malhotra.... Now would u leave my hand or do u hv to hold it while Driving too??

Manik glared at her and left her hand in a fit as he moved to the other side of the car, getting into the driver's seat. The car roared into life without a word from Manik. They continued the drive in silence for a few minutes after which Nandini said,
Nandini: Manik.... What is up with u? Relax.... It was just an accident.

She stretched her hand forward keeping it over his on the gear box. Her thumb making small circles over his fingers calming him down.
Manik: U should be careful at such places Nandini.... Do u even realise what could HV happened if u....

He stopped at his words and moved his hand over her knee.

Nandini: I promise I will be from the next time. It was just that I was so excited about this that I didn't see while moving back. I was just so engrossed in the thought of hving my designs come alive into real life.

Manik turned towards her, to see a dazzling smile over her face.
Manik: Why r u so excited about this?? This isn't ur first time!!

Nandini: Ohh come on Manik, u know its very different in designing a casual house and a full fledged project like this!

Manik smiled at her and nodded as said,
Manik: Yeah... But-

Nandini: Manik Stop!!
Nandini suddenly said interrupting him. Manik looked at her alerted and stopped the car at a side.

Manik: What??

Nandini gave him a cheeky smile and pointed at the other side of the road.
Nandini: Coffee!!

Manik followed her gaze to see CCD on the side of them road, as he turned towards her in disbelief.

Manik: God Nandini u r impossible.... So dramatic!

Nandini smiled at him and got out of the car without a word. Manik shook his head at her and got out behind her.
-----------------------------

Nandini: Manik I m tired.... I don't want to go anywhere now!! Can't we just go home?
Nandini whined as they reached back Mumbai in the evening.

Manik: So what do u want to do then?
Manik asked as he parked the car at the signal.

Nandini: Nothing!! I just wanna change into some comfy clothes and lie down in bed....

Manik chuckled at her and nodded as the signal turned green. He more straight towards the Kapoor Mansion.

It was around 7 when they pulled in. Nandini got down the car and picked up her bag and laptop from the back seat as Manik walked around the car.

Nandini: Ohk then... Bye Manik!

Manik: Nope... I m coming along.
Manik said casually wrapping his arm around her neck as he walked ahead.

Nandini: U r??

Manik: Definitely....
Manik winked at her as they moved towards the house. They entered the house and walked straight to nandini's room. As they entered, Nandini placed her stuff on the table and turned around only to find Manik lying on the bed.

His arms and legs spread around all over her bed.
Nandini picked up a cushion from the couch and tossed it over his face.
Nandini: Remove ur shoes Manik!!!! Now...

Manik groaned and removed his shoes lying back down again. While Nandini shook her head and walked straight into the washroom. 15 minutes later, she walked out after a shower to find Manik scrolling through his instagram.

Nandini: Manik... U must be tired of driving all day, go freshen up!

Manik: Hmn.. U r right!
Manik said and got up from the bed on to stop in his tracks at the sight of her as Nandini stood there in front of him in a cute white nighty, pulling up her hair in a messy bun.

He looked at her from top to bottom and then back up before smiling wide at her face.
Nandini: What??

Manik: Umn... Nothing!! By any chance can I get some changes??

Nandini rolled her eyes at him,
Nandini: Umn.. Let me check!!

Manik: Hey don't be so rude... I gave u my clothes when u were at mine! Be good...

Nandini: Ohh really...
Nandini said going through her cupboard. She pulled out a pair of tracks and held it forward.

Nandini: Here... Its rishab's!! It should fit u I guess...

Manik took it and nodded when Nandini said again,
Nandini: U freshen up, I'll go to Rishab's room and see if I can get one of his Tshirts.

Manik: Leave it.... This is enough!
Manik waved his hand at her and entered the washroom. Soon he walked out in a vest and Rishab's tracks.

Manik: So now... Do u hv some good movies or is it another thing that u don't do??

Nandini rolled her eyes at him and took out a hard disk from her bed side table.
Nandini: Choose whatever u like from this!

Manik grinned at her and picked up the remote for the TV and connected the disk to it before jumping on the bed, sitting next to her.
Nandini: Gosh Manik, u r such a kid!! Stop jumping like this...

Manik ignored her comment and started looking for some nice movie.

Manik: Ohk this is it!
He said a few minutes later making Nandini look up from her phone. She turned towards the screen.

Nandini: Manik No!
Nandini said and snatched away the remote from him.

Manik: What now?? Come on Nandini, u only asked me to choose.... So now we will watch this!
He took the remote back from her.

Nandini: Then u watch... I m going out!

But before she could move, Manik held her hand and pulled her back, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
Manik: Nandini.... Tell me one thing!! Are u scared??

Nandini: Scared.... No.... Not at all!! What is it, a simple horror movie right, lets watch!

Manik smiled at himself knowing her getting scared and played the movie. Nandini looked up at the screen slowly, when the lights turned off.

Nandini: Manik!
Nandini jumped suddenly clutching his hand.

Manik: Relax... I just closed the lights.

Nandini passed a glare towards him and the movie started. The first half an hour, Nandini did her best to keep her mouth shut as she kept on shifting closer to Manik hiding her face in his shoulder.

She tired to make him stop it or let her go but Manik didn't flinch once. They were hardly half way through the movie, when suddenly a extreme scene came up and Nandini screamed out loud. Manik paused the movie and turned towards her,

Manik: Shh... Nandini relax!

But his voice seemed of no use as Nandini had her eyes and ears closed as she hid into his shoulder. Just then the door opened as Rishab rushed into the room. He turned on the lights and looked at them.

The panic on his face, turning into shock as he saw Manik. His gaze shifted from Manan to the Tv screen as he busted out laughing.

Nandini heard his laughter and straightened up as Manik joined Rishab.

Rishab: God Di!!

Manik: No Manik... I m not scared!
Manik mimicked in a high pitch girly voice as they laughed out again.

Nandini swatted his shoulder and moved away only to be pulled back by him. Nandini was about to say something when they heard a hard voice,

"What the fuck do u think of urself to create such Nuisance in my House...!!"
And right on queue Mrs. Kapoor stormed into the room. Her gaze fell over Manik as her anger turned into shock.

Manik got up from the bed looking at her while Nandini stayed still at her place.
Nandini: I m sry if u think my one shout created a nuisance in ur house... But Firstly, this is My Room!!! And secondly, I think u out of everyone should be quite used to call the screaming around, Right??

Nandini voice made Mrs. Kapoor look away from Manik towards her. She glared at Nandini, while Manik pulled his shirt on.

Mrs. Kapoor: Do u realise, u just interrupted a very important call for me.

Nandini rolled her eyes and got out of bed as she put on her slippers and walked towards the her.

Nandini: As I said.... Sorry!! Now can u plz step out of my room!

Manik saw her mother's face harden but before she could say anything, Nandini said,
"Out!!"

She moved out of the room glancing at Manik once when Nandini turned towards Manik.
Nandini: Can I plz skip the rest of that dreadful movie and get something to eat.

Manik smiled at her, glad that her mood didn't drop.
Nandini: Great... Lets go out for dinner!

Manik: Why?? Scared enough to even sit in a this room...?
Manik teased her.

Nandini: U r cruel...
Nandini said and picked up some money from the table.

Nandini: Let's go!! Rishab.. U coming?

Rishab: No di.... I ate already! U guys carry on...
Rishab said to her getting out of the room.

Manik: Ohk then... Bye champ!
Manik waved at him as he picked up his car keys and wallet moving out.

They moved out only to meet Mrs. Kapoor again as Nandini said to the servant.
Nandini: Kaka... I m going out for dinner. U don't need wait for me, sleep early tonight.

The servant smiled at her while Nandini walked towards the door only to stop back as she heard,

Mrs. Kapoor: U r not stepping out of the house dressed in that crap!

Nandini: No one asked for ur permission...
Nandini turned towards her.

Mrs. Kapoor: If not for urself... But for our image, u r not stepping out in that.

Nandini was about to say something back to her when Manik slipped his hand into hers.
Manik: Lets go Nandini....

Nandini looked up at him only to find him giving a hard glare to her mother. A small smile crept over her face as he pulled her out of the house. As soon as they sat into the car, nandini gave him a cheeky smile.

Nandini: I like ur angry face....

Manik turned towards her listening to her words, and gave her a confused look. Making her chuckle.
Nandini: Well, u look deliciously Handsome when u r angry.... And that glare that u just gave her, OMG, i m flattered Manik!!

Manik gave her a weird look at her words before breaking out in a grin.

Nandini: Aww... Manik Malhotra is blushing!!
Nandini pulled his cheeks, before he swatted away her hand.

Manik: U r insane Nandini....
With that he started the car and soon they were on their way to a casual restaurant for dinner.
--------------------------------

Monster Mode on for Mrs. Kapoor and a sweet loving Manik there for Nandini....

How do u think was the update ppl??

Do share ur views and comment..

Love
-Navya! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.4K 36
Her calm creates chaos in him His behaviour is something she can't tolerate but they don't know when they become part of each other's life and all...
182K 11.1K 23
A love story of two friends who live together from childhood ....But in teens we all get differences ......So will their teenage become the reason of...
156K 7.8K 41
This is the story of our favorite couple Manan😘😘. Manik and Nandini gets their dream wedding. Their life was smoothly going but suddenly everythin...
96.5K 5.1K 17
What happens when two persons so much in love got separated bcoz of one dreadful incident happened in their beautiful life.... Will they ever met aga...