The Naive Secretary And The H...

By electric_forest

Twenty-three year old Anastasia "Stacey" Marks starts working as a secretary at Havens Enterprise. She falls... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Announcement

Chapter 39

10.2K 258 5
By electric_forest

{Song in video: Train - Marry Me}

It was officially the day of my wedding. Vince and I planned this in two months, and even though it was a bit stressful, it was also going to be the best day of my entire life.

My family, Chelsea, Jesenia, Harper, and I rode in a black limousine to go to Leonard's Palazzo, the fancy wedding venue Vince and I chose, to have the wedding ceremony and reception.

When we arrived, we got out of the car, and went inside. The venue was fancy and huge, basically like a mansion. It was white on the outside, and had a giant water fountain in front of it.

Inside of it was even better. There were big gold chandeliers hanging from the huge ceiling, and a spiral staircase. It was very castle-like, like Cinderella's place. Our wedding colors were mainly lavender and gold.

The makeup artists and hairstylists were already there waiting for my mom, Liz, Chelsea, Jesenia, and Harper. I brought my wedding dress inside, and we went upstairs. There were several different rooms upstairs to get ready in.

I went to the biggest room. One of the makeup artists, and one of the hairstylists followed me in there.

"We're going to make you look absolutely stunning," the makeup artist said. "These are what you wanted, correct?" She pointed at all the makeup on the desk.

"Yes," I answered, nodding my head.

For the next few hours, we were all getting ready for the big day.

When we were all done with our hair and makeup, we got changed into our dresses.

My maid of honor, Liz, and my bridesmaids, Chelsea, Jesenia, and Harper gasped as I walked toward them.

They were wearing lavender colored long spaghetti strap dresses.

"You look gorgeous!" Chelsea exclaimed.

"Stunning," Liz said, smiling.

"Vince is going to be swayed," Jesenia said.

"You're so beautiful!" Harper exclaimed.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at them.

My mom was busy downstairs, along with my dad, and a few other family members and workers to set up the wedding.

We went downstairs to go help them.

"Stacey, you're the bride. Don't worry, we got this," Liz said, looking determined. "This is your day, so you don't have to do too much."

"Thanks," I said, nodding my head. "I'm still going to check on things to make sure everything is going fine."

Suddenly, I saw Rebecca walking towards me. I immediately felt a bit uncomfortable, but I tried to shrug it off.

"Hello, Stacey," Rebecca said, sounding formal with her usual expressionless face.

"Hey," I said.

"So Vince and I were having a long discussion last night about you. Turns out, I may have had the wrong impression of you."

"What was your impression of me?" I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"I thought you were a gold digger." She glanced at the clock. "But Vince was telling me everything about you, and he really is in love with you. More than I've ever seen him be than anyone else."

"I was never after Vince for his money, but I'm glad that you know that I'm not a gold digger." I almost laughed. Me? A gold digger? That's why she didn't like me this whole time?

"You just seemed like one." Suddenly, her cell phone rang. "I'll see you later." She picked up her phone, then walked into a private room.

Well, that was strange. I walked back to my mom.

Everything was looking great so far, and before I knew it, it was less than an hour before the wedding started. I was back upstairs with my maid of honor, bridesmaids, and parents.

I was getting prepared to go downstairs the whole time. I kept picturing myself going down the aisle.

"Stacey, are you ready?" My dad asked as came in the room, giving me a soft smile.

"Yes," I said, grinning.

We went down the stairs, and we got into a big line. Vince's parents walked first, followed by my mom. I saw Vince up ahead, who walked behind my mom. Then, the groomsmen and bridesmaids walked down the aisle. I took a deep breath as Liz, the maid of honor, and Sanjay, the best man, walked down the aisle. As I took a step down the aisle with my dad, I looked at Vince, who was wearing a black tuxedo with a black bow tie, smiling, and wiping a tear off of his face.

I was a bit surprised of his reaction, since he didn't usually seem like he was that emotional, but I was so happy.

I linked arms with my dad, then we walked down the aisle.

As we stood right next to each other, Vince and I looked at each other, grinning. I suddenly started tearing up from joy, but I blinked back the tears.

"Vincent Havens, do you take Stacey Marks to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" The officiant asked him.

"I do," Vince responded, grinning at me.

The officiant turned to me. "Stacey Marks, do you take Vincent Havens to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I responded, grinning at Vince.

"I now pronounce Vince Havens and Stacey Havens as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," the officiant said.

Vince and I grabbed each other by the waist, and kissed. We put on our official wedding rings. I noticed both Vince's mom and my mom had a few tears of joy. I could have sworn that Vince's dad and my dad had a tear, but everything was happening so much in the moment, that I couldn't keep trying to figure that out. I'm now officially Stacey Havens.

After that, Vince and I walked down the aisle, and to our limousine.

The driver drove both sides of our family, groomsmen, bridesmaids, the best man, maid of honor, the photographer, and Vince and I downtown by Vince's yacht, which he got recently, to take our wedding photos. We took pictures by the river, on the yacht, and besides the yacht.

After that was done, we went back to Leonard's Palazzo, where our wedding reception will also be held. We took more photos inside by the giant golden chandelier and staircase, and outside by the water fountain.

When we went back inside into the main room where we were having our wedding reception, everyone else was already sitting down at a table.

Vince and I walked onto the dance floor, where we were going to have our first dance. As soon as "Marry Me" by Train played, we started slow dancing and swaying to the music as we gazed into each other's eyes.

When the song was over, we all went to get food, which were catered. Vince and I had grilled chicken, caesar salad, and rice on our plates, and we each had a glass of champagne.

We sat down at our table, which was big enough for our close family members, groomsmen, bridesmaids, best man, and maid of honor.

"This is to us being newlyweds," Vince said as he gave me a kiss on the lips.

"This day is going by perfectly," I said, grinning.

"Yes, it is. I wish it could stay like this." He smiled, nodding his head.

"Me too."

"This is the best wedding I've ever been to," Chelsea said, grinning. "Also, the only one in which I was a bridesmaid."

"Thank you, Chels," I said. "This is even better than how I pictured my dream wedding when I was growing up."

As everyone was basically finished eating, the DJ started playing music for people to dance to. To my surprise, Vince gently took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He normally didn't dance much, but today was different.

We danced to a few songs happily. It was a bit hard dancing with a wedding dress, but I managed to.

After a few songs, Vince and I went over to the bar area to have a strawberry margarita.

Rebecca came up to us, sipping on champagne. "This place is amazing," she said. "I'll keep this in mind for Mallory in the future."

Vince and I laughed. "Speaking of Mallory, where is she? I haven't seen her much," Vince said.

"She's over there." Rebecca pointed at Mallory, who was on the dance floor. "Congratulations, by the way, you two."

"Thanks," Vince and I said.

She went over to my in-laws.

Vince and I went over to Jesenia and Dave. It was a little bit strange to have my ex-boyfriend, Dave, at my wedding, but he was dating Jesenia, and both Vince and I were fine with him coming to the wedding. It wasn't awkward between all of us.

"Congrats to the newlyweds," Jesenia said to us, grinning.

"Congratulations," Dave said to us, smiling.

"Thanks," I said to them, grinning.

"Thank you," Vince said to them, smiling.

We talked with them for a bit, then danced, then talked to other people for a while before the DJ stopped playing the music. He announced, "Time for Vince and Stacey Havens to cut the cake!"

Vince and I went to the front area, where a table was. The big fancy vanilla wedding cake, surrounded by vanilla cupcakes, were on the table. We cut the cake together as everyone gathered around us, then ate our pieces of cake.

"My little girl has grown up," my dad said, giving me a hug.

"Awww," I said, laughing.

Everyone else had got a slice of cake or a cupcake.

Vince and I each took a cupcake, then sat at our table.

I looked around, seeing Chelsea and Sanjay talking to each other by the dance floor, Harper and Liz in conversation, and Jesenia talking to Dave, Rebecca, and Mallory. My parents were sitting at our table by Vince's parents. Everyone looked like they were having a good time.

The DJ turned the music back on, and a lot of us went on the dance floor. A few people left after that.

We did our last few dances before we had to clean up and put things away. We rented the place from 12:00-9:00. It was already 8:10.

Almost everyone left after the music completely stopped. Only Vince and I's family and friends, and the workers were still around getting things together and cleaning the place.

"This day went by so fast," I said, smiling to Vince as we were putting chairs and tables back to their places. "Everything went by perfectly."

"I know, I can hardly believe it myself," Vince said, smiling. "And it really did." Then, he went over to his dad and my dad to help them with the tables.

"So where are you going after this?" Liz asked me as we were putting away the chairs.

"I have mostly everything moved into Vince's loft, which is now also my loft," I answered, grinning. "We'll just go to our place."

"Oh okay, that place is nice." She grinned. "I'm so happy for you two."

"Thanks."

Before I knew it, we were done with the place. We double checked to make sure everything was clean and put up in the right places.

We all went outside, and gave each other hugs.

Vince and I headed to his car. He opened the passenger door for me. "For my new beautiful wife," he said, smiling as I got in.

"Thank you, my new handsome husband," I said, grinning. "I didn't know you could be so adorable."

"What do you mean?" He chuckled as we were driving to our loft.

"You having a softer sillier side and being cute."

"I guess you brought that out in me." He shrugged, still chuckling. "I noticed a few new things about you too."

I raised my eyebrows. "Like what?"

"Well, you're much less clumsy." He glanced at me with an amused look.

"Hey, I wasn't that bad." I shook my head, laughing.

"Do I need to remind you of when you first started working for me? Your phone kept going off, including at a meeting. You brought Chelsea to my workplace, and she proceeded to flirt with me. Also, you spilled a drink all over me and my desk." He chuckled, and I laughed at the memories.

"I admit things didn't really go in my favor back then." I laughed.

"We have come a long way since then."

"Yes, we have."

We pulled up to our loft, and went inside. I still could hardly believe that I was now officially married.

**********

A/N: Stacey officially got married to Vince! They will now live the rest of their lives together ❤

Also, it's a little bittersweet to say, but I have one more chapter left of this story 😞😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
1.1M 40K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
9.4M 453K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
1.2K 54 12
"What do you say, bellissima?" "Stop calling me that, Arius." "Over my dead body, wife." ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:˚ ♡ ⋆。˚・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Lucian West was in de...