Kissing Away Insecurities | āœ“

By anamika_writes

Separated by distance united by hearts. But what happens when time leaves insecurities etched on hearts? A c... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Her Life
Chapter 2 - His Excitement
Chapter 3 - Incredulity
Chapter 4 - Restless Eyes
Chapter 5 - Bewildering Changes
Chapter 6 - Hand In Hand
Chapter 7 - Little Perfections
Chapter 8- Another Surprise ?
Chapter 9 - On Her Mind, In His Heart
Chapter 10 - What Hearts Hold
Chapter 11 - Away Or Close?
Chapter 12 - The Pang In Heart
Chapter 13 - Still In Love
Chapter 15 - Heartache.
Chapter 16 - His Battles
Chapter 17 - Disobedient Desires
Chapter 18 - Love Is Happiness
Chapter 19 - A Lot In Love
Chapter 20 - Still Falling For You
Chapter 21 - Burning In Your Desire
Chapter 22 - Love Me Like You Do
Chapter 23 - Their Paradise
Chapter 24 - Love Is Still There
Chapter 25 - Heartfelt Kisses
Chapter 26 - Heart Knows
Chapter 27 - Onset Of The Storm
Chapter 28 - Pouring Pain
Chapter 29 - Kissing Away The Pain
Chapter 30 - Love Means Eternity
Chapter 31- Let Me Love You
Chapter 32 - Serendipity
Chapter 33 - In A Family
Chapter 34 - Love Is Crazy
Chapter 35 - Can't Love You Enough
Chapter 36 - Spoilt Plans
Chapter 37 - Togetherness
Chapter 38 - Seed Of Jealousy
Chapter 39 - Dejected
Chapter 40 - Tumultuous Outburst
Chapter 41 - A Day Without Her
Chapter 42 - Won't Give Up
Chapter 43 - Stubborn Hearts
Chapter 44 - Longing
Chapter 45- Holding On To You
Chapter 46 - Insatiable Need
Chapter 47 - Being A Couple
Chapter 48 - Stubborn Insecurity
Chapter 49 - Pushing Away The Anger
Chapter 50 - L O V E
Chapter 51 - Understanding Unspoken
Chapter 52 - Imperfectly Perfect
Chapter 53 - Celebrating Love
Chapter 54 - Beyond The Insecurities
Last Part & Epilogue
#1.1 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
#1.2 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
Reader's Review & Reader's Journey
"Quotes From The Book"
Feedback & Fun
Reader's Journey
Readers' Digest
Other Books
Author's Note

Chapter 14 - Searching For Remedy

15.3K 1.3K 144
By anamika_writes

He woke up early next morning to find her still sleeping peacefully her head over his shoulder and hands lying on his chest. A smile formed on his lips despite the pain in his heart. Just like a random flower unexpectedly sprang up in barren land. He kissed her temple and gently laying her head on the pillow pulled the duvet over her. Kissing her forehead he slipped out of bed. 

Anika stretched, opening her eyes. She could see the soft sun rays filtering in through the sheer curtains covering the glass door of the balcony. She sat up immediately realising it was just one more day here. She turned aside to see the clock. What! Nine? Oh no!  She had been sleeping too long. Shouldn't have popped that pill at night. But sleep was so far away and her headache wasn't allowing her to rest peacefully. Ultimately, she had to resort to sleeping pill late in the night. He hadn't arrived until then. She looked around. No sign of him or his phone. So she could say he was gone. Better!

She had taken a day off from work. Most of the shifting would happen today. Early the following morning was the pooja at the mansion. Hurriedly, she took out her clothes and went in for a quick shower. 

She almost ran down. "Good morning Mumma!" She said seeing Pinky seated at the breakfast table. Oh dear! She had cooked everything by herself. Anika felt bad for waking up late. She greeted her father in law. One person was missing. She told herself not to bother. But she was anyway told that he had gone out early for a meeting. 

"See he doesn't take care of himself. Always on the bird's wing. Last night came late and today morning left early. Anyway, I hope he let you sleep!"

Anika blushed and decided to ignore Pinky's remark. Of course the woman thought she had been sleeping until late because her son kept her awake at night. It wasn't the first time Pinky had made suggesstive remarks and teased her. 

"Pinky!" Shakti scolded. 

Anika focused on her plate, then remembering about the packing she asked about it. While Pinky and Anika discussed about it Shakti simply nodded listening. The schedule for the following day was also fixed. Anika's phone beeped. She ignored it. It beeped again, this time back to back twice. 

Pinky looked amused. "Check it, it might be Shivaay!" 

Anika rolled her eyes turning her face away. She was anyway done with her breakfast. Picking up her phone she disappeared. She could hear Shakti join Pinky at laughing. A frown formed on her face. She peeped at her phone. One message from  Tanuja and two from Vishal. Yea, Right, Shivaay! 

Tossing her phone on the bed she brought out a few files and placed it at the desk. She had to go through a few arrangements and see if everything was perfectly planned. But her thoughts were somewhere else. She was still stuck at the messages.

Urgh. Why couldn't it be Shivaay? Couldn't he leave her a note or a message in her inbox? 

She rubbed her forehead. She was growing crazy. It hurt much. She quickly decided to go out for some time. She told Pinky she'd be back in ten minutes before the movers and packers team arrived.

She took food for the dogs. Oh she would miss them. She fed them, they seemed to have understood her sadness. "I 'll miss you two!" She said softly.

Getting up she walked around the apartment's complex. She went about the garden remembering how during their early days of marriage she and him would come for walks. Sit on that bench and talk about random things. She remembered how he had once said he 'd make a big home and they would have their private bench. She smiled remembering the bench by the pool. Her smile faded. No she shouldn't. Shouldn't be happy. Why not? Because she was mad at him. She was upset at him. 

She couldn't find an escape from this. She was scared for herself now. This debate within her head was going hard on her. She bit her lip. Trying to take deep breaths. Should she talk to him about it?

But then, she did not want to hurt him or herself again. She feared he wouldn't understand her. She feared he would be hurt if she told him all that she felt honestly. Even if it would give her sadistic pleasure to hurt him back she'd never do that. She would never do anything that would hurt him. But he hurt her! Wasn't it only fair to give him a little of his own medicine? 

She nodded her head in a no. She wasn't him. Then why was she hurting him by neither telling him what was wrong nor simply pretending perfectly. Why did she not pretend everything was okay? She could have. Like nothing ever happened. She would be better off.

But she did not want pretence to come between them. Their relationship was strong because they were bare before each other. No hiding, no pretending. However, wasn't this hiding? She was hiding so much from him. Not telling him anything. Not talking it out. She knew she was hurting him. She couldn't wipe away his dejected face she saw before he left last night. 

God! 

Can't hate him.

Can't stop caring for him!

Ahh.. This hurts.

* * *

It was six in the evening. The home seemed more empty. The workers had left. Pinky and Shakti were getting ready to leave for a private party at a friend's place. Anika fretted over the thought of being alone. Usually when they went out, she'd go over to her parents place or her cousin's house for dinner or simply stay late at office. But since he was here, she was obviously expected to stay back and wait for him to be home. Pinky had instructed Shivaay already, as she was told. She asked Anika not to cook. There began her new concern. Would he take her out for dinner? Where? What time would he come? Well she had to just wait. Just Wait!

She closed her eyes, momentarily. She hated being alone. But anyway she had got used to it. Her eyes flew open when she felt a soft wet press against her cheek. Her heart skipped a beat. She turned slightly to find him standing right beside the sofa. He was bending over at her and their gazes locked. She smiled involuntarily. The moment when all you need is - is someone to love you , by you - and then magically it comes true. He smiled back at her. His fingers stroking her locks. Something he loved doing. For a minute she forgot everything. She wanted him to sweep her off her feet, give her that bone crushing hug and simply keep her in his arms forever. 

The clearing of throat made them tear away their gazes and immediately the two turned to the source. It was Pinky! God his mom had an awkward timing. Umm, she had a bad timing which left them awkward actually.

"Should have waited a few minutes more. We were just leaving."

Anika's jaw dropped in embarrassment. She gave in to the urge of looking at him. He slowly straightened standing upright. "Mom. "

"What mom! " Pinky smirked.

"Its not like that!" Shivaay said running his hand at the back of his hair. Could he tell his mother that she had spoilt the best moment he had had with his wife in the past one year? Ugh.

"Beta, I am not a kid." She said tapping his cheek.

"Anika, I have called the panditji. We will be late. Don't worry, driver is there. And-- yes tomorrow be ready by six okay. " she looked at Shivaay implying the same for him. She then called out to her husband to come down fast. 

"See, People simply blame women. They haven't met this man. I swear ever since the past three decades he hasn't once got ready before me!" Pinky began commenting.

"And they believe you!"  Shakti replied mockingly coming out of the room. 

"Really? Tell me one ..instance."

"Ahh.." Shakti struggled. "Our marriage day!"

"After that?" She argued. Of course the bride would always take more time. The groom didn't have to wear kilograms over him or deck himself up. 

"But-"

"Mom.Dad. " Shivaay intervened. "The party is tonight right?"

Pinky laughed and Anika simply looked the other way not wanting to meet her mothers In-law's  eyes. 

"I get it Shivaay. " Pinky smiled cheekily. "Bye!" She dragged Shakti out. 

Shivaay turned after closing the door to find her gone. That grin not wiping away from his face. His mom was another level. At times he wondered how his simple sophisticated dad kept up with his loud bold mom. There was that beauty in their relationship. His thoughts returned to his wife, well tonight there was no running away. 

Determined he walked to his room. More than sure he'd find her there. 

I am so happy with all your point of views , comments and love for this story. 💜

Love

-Anami!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 7.3K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
1.3M 99.8K 48
[Featured - AmbassadorsIN] ą¼»āą¼ŗ Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. ą¼»āą¼ŗ Kabir, a widowed single father, finds him...
23.9K 720 23
Tale of Passion,love, loyalty and purity...... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Started : 9th October 2023 Ended : 28th December 2023 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ {Under Editing}